Pokemon X and Y Update and Discussion Thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1051 Edited by BrunoBRS (73260 posts) -

@TheShadowLord07 said:

@BrunoBRS

are those levels permanent or just for the day? they don't seem so according to serebii's website.

once you promote in rank, the average level of the trainer in the chateau improves as well. so for example, you start as a baron, and other barons will have lv15 pokemon. once you get promoted to viscount (which is pretty quickly), the trainers, now mostly viscounts, will have lv20 pokemon.

rank up enough times and you'll start spotting gym leaders and other trainers with high level. the writs are an aside that you can use to boost trainers' levels even more (thus getting the lv70-80 pokemon i mentioned).

#1052 Edited by Murky2 (11 posts) -

I need this game in my life

#1053 Posted by moltenix (2485 posts) -

I finally got around to customizing my trainer. Spent a lot of money... =P

#1054 Edited by ANIMEguy10034 (4745 posts) -

Breeding for multiple egg moves while making sure IVs are passed down can be too tedious. :x

#1055 Posted by moltenix (2485 posts) -

I'm glad i'm not worrying much about IVs. I've just been bringing my Synchronizers to the Safari and catching the Pokemon I want with the 2 right IVs and calling it a day. I guess the only downside is being stuck with my Safari selection.

I can't seem to get an Atk/Spd Trapinch though...

#1056 Edited by EnoshimaJunko (203 posts) -

Breeding for multiple egg moves while making sure IVs are passed down can be too tedious. :x

That's why I never breed for IVs. It's enough of a pain in the ass for me breeding for the right nature. One egg move is easy, but multiple egg moves isn't. At least X and Y are a bit kinder to us with IVs, since the legendaries all have at least 3 perfect IVs, and specific Pokemon you get in-game have perfect IVs in certain stats (like how the Ralts you get from Diantha in the post-game has perfect Speed and Special Attack IVs), and that all Pokemon from the Friend Safari have 2 perfect IVs.

#1057 Posted by EnoshimaJunko (203 posts) -

I did some random online battles for the first time on my Y yesterday. Just threw together 6 of my EV-trained Pokemon (Lucario, Gardevoir, Blaziken, Aegislash, Salamence, Zygarde, Klefki, and Yveltal). It was sort of a test run, to see exactly how random online battles work this gen. Won about half the battles, which was more than I expected since I threw the team together with a limited selection.

I really wanna do more battling, but I need to make a more balanced team. Too many megas and same types right now. I'd love to EV-train some more stuff, but 1) idk what to train, and 2) I have something like 70 EV-trained Pokes chilling on my Black2, so I kinda wanna wait on battling until I can bring those up and incorporate them into my teams.

#1058 Posted by BrunoBRS (73260 posts) -

i really, really hate my friend's skarmory.

like, it's not even that i can't counter it, but just the fact that he has one on his team annoys the shit out of me. it forces me to bring charizard into play, and i'd rather save charizard for his other, more dangerous steel types (he has a lot of steel types).

also, my roserade needs a proper replacement. there's no room for her toxic spikes against his team.

#1059 Edited by ANIMEguy10034 (4745 posts) -

@BrunoBRS: COUNTER HIS STEEL TYPES WITH MORE STEEL TYPES!! >:U

jk

Ferrothorn is a fantastic replacement for Roserade. Toxic Spikes are pretty useless this gen now that steel types are more common. Stealth Rocks, Spikes and Leech Seed are much better. Also try using powerful ghost or dark moves against them since steel no longer resists them.

#1060 Edited by BrunoBRS (73260 posts) -

jk

Ferrothorn is a fantastic replacement for Roserade. Toxic Spikes are pretty useless this gen now that steel types are more common. Stealth Rocks, Spikes and Leech Seed are much better. Also try using powerful ghost or dark moves against them since steel no longer resists them.

but toxic spikes + venoshock = fairy no more. and since there's no move tutor that teaches stealth rock in this game, i can't find a pokemon i actually like that learns the damn thing >____________>

#1061 Posted by EnoshimaJunko (203 posts) -

@BrunoBRS said:

@ANIMEguy10034 said:

jk

but toxic spikes + venoshock = fairy no more. and since there's no move tutor that teaches stealth rock in this game, i can't find a pokemon i actually like that learns the damn thing >____________>

I agree with Animeguy. Ferrothorn would be a good replacement. If you want something else, Amoongus might not be bad, and its still Grass/Poison. Or if you just need something Poison-type, Crobat's not bad either. As for your Venoshock combo, you could always poison Fairies through other means, like Toxic or Cross Poison. For your friends' Skarmory, you can zap it as well, Skarmory is weak to electric too.

#1062 Edited by BrunoBRS (73260 posts) -

@EnoshimaJunko said:

@BrunoBRS said:

@ANIMEguy10034 said:

jk

I agree with Animeguy. Ferrothorn would be a good replacement. If you want something else, Amoongus might not be bad, and its still Grass/Poison. Or if you just need something Poison-type, Crobat's not bad either. As for your Venoshock combo, you could always poison Fairies through other means, like Toxic or Cross Poison. For your friends' Skarmory, you can zap it as well, Skarmory is weak to electric too.

well a poison type is mostly useless on a team of mostly steel types, and the only pokemon on my team that knows thunderbolt is gardevoir, so yeah >.>

would be nice if my replacement knew rapid spin too, i should see which pokemon can learn that beyond starmie and sandslash (aka the two i know about :P).

EDIT: OMG armaldo can learn i-- "weak to rock, steel, water", aka all the types on my friend's whole team >_______________>

#1064 Posted by EnoshimaJunko (203 posts) -

@BrunoBRS said:

@EnoshimaJunko said:

@BrunoBRS said:

@ANIMEguy10034 said:

jk

well a poison type is mostly useless on a team of mostly steel types, and the only pokemon on my team that knows thunderbolt is gardevoir, so yeah >.>

would be nice if my replacement knew rapid spin too, i should see which pokemon can learn that beyond starmie and sandslash (aka the two i know about :P).

This page lists all the Pokemon that can learn Rapid Spin. There aren't a whole lot of spinners, and only a limited selection of good ones. And do you need a Grass type or a Poison type or what?

#1065 Edited by ANIMEguy10034 (4745 posts) -

@BrunoBRS said:

I had to steal stealth rocks to a male boldore and breed the egg move to a ferroseed. Breeding egg moves are annoying, but worth it, IMO.

BUT I REALLLLY REALLLLLLLYYYY MISS THOSE MOVE TUTORS >n<

#1066 Posted by bbkkristian (14947 posts) -

Anyone have a Swanna with its hidden ability?

#1067 Posted by EnoshimaJunko (203 posts) -

@BrunoBRS said:

I had to steal stealth rocks to a male boldore and breed the egg move to a ferroseed. Breeding egg moves are annoying, but worth it, IMO.

BUT I REALLLLY REALLLLLLLYYYY MISS THOSE MOVE TUTORS >n<

I miss them too. Game Freak better put them back into Z. That and some other things too.

#1068 Edited by BrunoBRS (73260 posts) -

@BrunoBRS said:

@EnoshimaJunko said:

@BrunoBRS said:

@ANIMEguy10034 said:

jk

This page lists all the Pokemon that can learn Rapid Spin. There aren't a whole lot of spinners, and only a limited selection of good ones. And do you need a Grass type or a Poison type or what?

going through my team's type coverage, roserade fit the bill (it also fits the primary requirement of "i actually like this pokemon"... not very competitive of me, but i don't care :P), but against a mostly steel type team, it was kind of useless. so i was thinking of looking into a pokemon that can use rapid spin that i can bring into my team instead, just to get rid of his spikes and stuff. armaldo technically fit the requirements, but he's also weak to every single pokemon on my friend's team.

hmm... kabutops seems like a nice alternative.

#1069 Posted by voljin1987 (714 posts) -

should receive my copy shortly.. late to the party I kno :(

#1070 Posted by starfox15 (3966 posts) -

Adding all the friend codes I see in this forum. If you are reading this add me so friend safari can commence!

#1071 Posted by EnoshimaJunko (203 posts) -

Does anyone here know if you can get a Tyrunt/Tyrantrum with Rock Head?

#1072 Posted by thetravman (3519 posts) -

I need a Haunter to evolve. Um...can I trust anyone with that?

#1073 Posted by Nitrowing (217 posts) -

I need a Haunter to evolve. Um...can I trust anyone with that?

I can help you with that since i know the pain of trying to find someone to help evolve a pokemon through trade 2148-8246-6554

#1074 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4745 posts) -

It's currently impossible, just like the infamous Skrelp with Adaptability. It's such a tease to battle these pokemon with hidden abilities in the Battle Maison when some of them can't be obtained through hordes or friend safari. I guess they'll either release them through mystery gift or they'll finally be available in the "Z" game (which is dumb but Gamefreak loves doing this).

#1075 Edited by EnoshimaJunko (203 posts) -

@ANIMEguy10034 said:

@EnoshimaJunko said:

It's currently impossible, just like the infamous Skrelp with Adaptability. It's such a tease to battle these pokemon with hidden abilities in the Battle Maison when some of them can't be obtained through hordes or friend safari. I guess they'll either release them through mystery gift or they'll finally be available in the "Z" game (which is dumb but Gamefreak loves doing this).

=( I was hoping that I could use a Tyrantrum with Head Smash, it'd be awesome.

But you're right, that's Game Freak for ya. They give Tyrantrum an ability that boosts moves it doesn't learn naturally (it has to learn the elemental fangs and Poison Fang via breeding, and Crunch can only do so much), then give it a level-up move that isn't useful unless it has a certain ability, then give it that ability, but make it so you can't get one with said ability. And then they give Mewtwo TWO Mega Evos...

Guess I'll have to wait on fulfilling my dream of having that Tyrannosaur smash enemies into oblivion with its head.

#1076 Posted by V3rciS (2213 posts) -

I just got pokemon Y, so if you guys want add me please and pm me or leave message here with your code. my code is

0361-6478-4576

#1078 Posted by V3rciS (2213 posts) -

Okay so in case anyone is interested I have a couple of Eevee's and Gastly's with 3-4 maybe even 5 perfect IVs. I can give them away for free no worries

#1080 Posted by EnoshimaJunko (203 posts) -

Not sure if the thread is dead or not, but did you all hear about that Pokemon Battle Analyzer some hackers made?

#1081 Edited by ANIMEguy10034 (4745 posts) -
#1082 Edited by BrunoBRS (73260 posts) -

Not sure if the thread is dead or not, but did you all hear about that Pokemon Battle Analyzer some hackers made?

what's a battle analyzer?

#1083 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4745 posts) -
#1084 Edited by EnoshimaJunko (203 posts) -

@ANIMEguy10034 said:

Looks like Rated Battles are down until further notice. I wonder if it has to do with Battle Analyzer.

http://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/information/fc0d552d-cbf1-45a6-a144-a4951990f512

I hope there's a way Gamefreak can counter Battle Analyzer. I find this more unfair than the amount of people who used pokegen on the DS games.

I'm pretty sure the shutdown of rated battles is due to the Pokemon Analyzer.

I really do hope that they do something about it as well. It's irritating that there's some sore-loser twats out there that feel the need to resort to this. I do wonder how many people are using this program. Am I gonna have to deal with this thing 80% of my battles or only 10%? I do unrated battles.

#1085 Posted by BrunoBRS (73260 posts) -
#1086 Edited by ANIMEguy10034 (4745 posts) -

Indeed.

Honestly, I'm impressed that someone actually had the time and energy to go through all that trouble to cheat, but highly irritated that they taken down a feature from the game because of it. I expect patch 1.2 to be released soon.

#1087 Posted by sonictrainer (15184 posts) -

Bridgette from Pokemon Box will be appearing in Pokemon Bank

#1088 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4745 posts) -

Bridgette from Pokemon Box will be appearing in Pokemon Bank

I thought it was pretty awesome of them for bringing her back. Definitely gives off nostalgia.

#1090 Edited by EnoshimaJunko (203 posts) -

So a few strokes assistant, to rent a set of two rooms Erting office, as the company to operate. This time, he will no longer be bagatelle, take care of every single thing personally, but specific things to hand down to do. He sat the command remote control in the office, one hand holding the manufacturer, one hand holding the public business, to sit to eat the difference, obtain huge profits. A few years later, Liu En University has graduated. He didn't go to the unit to register, nor that a secure job, but stay in the city, continue to command his army of clothing. This time, who also don't know, he is a wealthy person capital the big boss.

<a href ="http://www.palmshoeshop.com">Nike Mercurial Vapor VIII IC Indoor Football Boots</a>

Da fuck is this shit?

Anyway, I'm glad patch 1.2 is out. No more Battle Analyzer crap. It's good they were fairly quick about killing it.

#1091 Posted by sonictrainer (15184 posts) -

So if you download Pokemon Bank before September of next year, you get a free Celebi!

The Celebi is Level 10 when downloaded and has a new move Recover, Heal Bell, Hold Back, which acts like False Swipe, and Safeguard. it is downloaded by accessing the Pokémon Link option that will appear on the main menu of Pokémon Bank

#1092 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4745 posts) -

Clever. A free Celebi will definitely convince more people to buy the app. Can't wait!

#1093 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4745 posts) -

Diancie, an event legendary, has been officially confirmed by Coro Coro leaks. Diancie will make an appearance in the Cocoon of Destruction movie that airs in July.

Diancie is one of the three event legendary pokemon that were discovered by a few hackers months ago. It's a Rock/Fairy type and may have some connection with Carbink. Since Diancie has been officially confirmed, it's safe to say Volcanion (Fire/Water legendary) and Hoopa (Psychic/Ghost legendary) are real as well. This brings the total amount of Pokemon to 721.

#1094 Posted by Ovirew (6359 posts) -

Hmm, so those pokemon are real, then. Back when I first saw them I had my doubts, but I guess they all do look like Pokémon the more I see them.

I wonder if there will be more megas, or if they've revealed all of the possible megas already.

And those people at Coro-Coro must not do a very good job of tightening-down security, since pretty much everything they put into that magazine always gets leaked immediately. Or maybe they do it purposely, to raise interest in the magazine? That's probably it.

#1095 Edited by ANIMEguy10034 (4745 posts) -

@Ovirew: There have been rumors and pretty convincing images of Mega Latios and Latias floating around. I still have some doubts on those, but it would be cool if they were real. I'm still hoping that there are more mega evolutions hidden away in X & Y's data, and can be only unlocked through a mega stone event, like the Torchic with Blazikenite.

#1096 Posted by BranKetra (48496 posts) -

I got Pokemon X a couple weeks ago. It is the first Pokemon game I have played since the N64 era.

#1097 Edited by ANIMEguy10034 (4745 posts) -
#1098 Posted by BranKetra (48496 posts) -

@BranKetra: I hope you enjoy it! :D

I have been so far. I have nearly ten Pokemon and my Fennekin is level eleven.

#1099 Edited by ANIMEguy10034 (4745 posts) -

Diancie is an extremely rare Pokémon, created when Carbink undergoes a strange mutation. Its glittering pink body is said to be the most beautiful sight in the world.

Groups of Carbink tend to gather around Diancie, but Diancie pays them little heed and acts only according to its own will.

Diancie can create diamonds out of thin air by compressing the carbon in the atmosphere with its hands. It uses these jewels in battle to attack enemies and protect itself.

#1100 Posted by Ovirew (6359 posts) -

Hmm I honestly didn't think Carbink could turn into it, but I guess so. If that's the case, does Heatran turn into Volcanion? And Shuppet into Hoppa?