Pokemon X and Y Update and Discussion Thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#751 Posted by moltenix (2483 posts) -

Future Shop? I checked my order, I got charged for it Future Shop hasn't sent me an email saying it's shipped...I'm still hoping I get it tomorrow but I'm guessing Tuesday too. lol.

Yep. I got charged for it too; looks like they're preparing the shipment for tomorrow. Too bad there's no Saturday deliveries. :(

This wait is gonna be so unbearable. Don't worry Chespin, our journey will start.... eventually... *sigh*

#752 Posted by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -
@moltenix said:

Yep. I got charged for it too; looks like they're preparing the shipment for tomorrow. Too bad there's no Saturday deliveries. :(

This wait is gonna be so unbearable. Don't worry Chespin, our journey will start.... eventually... *sigh*

lol, I'm hoping I get it tomorrow, but it's highly doubtful. I live right by the warehouses for Amazon, Future Shop and Best Buy Canada.

Tuesday it is, I'll be with Froakie.

#753 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4606 posts) -

@Sora278 said:

I think this might the first time I go to a midnight release. XD I have school and work on Saturday taking up most of the day so I want to at least play it for a few hours when I get it.

I have the same situation. I'm actually not planning on going to sleep Friday night just to play pokemon before my class. lol

I gotta wake up in 5 hours to make sure I'm one of the first people to be in line for the Nintendo World Store event. A bunch of friends and I want to be there at 6am and the event officially starts at 8pm and we won't get the game until midnight. It'll be cold and it'll be raining, but us pokemon fans will endure and unite as we wait in line for 18 hours. It shall be fun. :D

#754 Posted by gamefan606 (3906 posts) -

@Sora278 said:

I think this might the first time I go to a midnight release. XD I have school and work on Saturday taking up most of the day so I want to at least play it for a few hours when I get it.

I have the same situation. I'm actually not planning on going to sleep Friday night just to play pokemon before my class. lol

I gotta wake up in 5 hours to make sure I'm one of the first people to be in line for the Nintendo World Store event. A bunch of friends and I want to be there at 6am and the event officially starts at 8pm and we won't get the game until midnight. It'll be cold and it'll be raining, but us pokemon fans will endure and unite as we wait in line for 18 hours. It shall be fun. :D

That's the spirit. If you're lucky, maybe you'll catch a cold and then you'd have an excuse to stay in bed all day playing Pokémon :P Good luck out there though.

#755 Edited by Sora278 (1495 posts) -

@ANIMEguy10034: Aw man you are going to that? You lucky ba**ard. Tell us about it haha.

#756 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4606 posts) -

@Sora278 said:

@ANIMEguy10034: Aw man you are going to that? You lucky ba**ard. Tell us about it haha.

I'll make sure to take some pictures! :D

(i can't sleep with all of this hype)

#757 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4606 posts) -

This is necessary right now.

Farewell, Generation V! Thank you for giving life to the DS during its final days. Tomorrow, fans around the world will experience a new adventure, with new and familiar faces, and aim for higher goals. We will not only compete to be the very best online, but also see who's the most fashionable of all. :P

#758 Edited by BrunoBRS (73254 posts) -

This is necessary right now.

Farewell, Generation V! Thank you for giving life to the DS during its final days. Tomorrow, fans around the world will experience a new adventure, with new and familiar faces, and aim for higher goals. We will not only compete to be the very best online, but also see who's the most fashionable of all. :P

you won't be missed. my least favorite gen (at time of release).

also, you have to be at least a bit insane to even consider spending 18 hours in line :P make sure you bring your 3DS and monster hunter, and some (lots of) extra batteries :P

#759 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4606 posts) -

@BrunoBRS said:

also, you have to be at least a bit insane to even consider spending 18 hours in line :P make sure you bring your 3DS and monster hunter, and some (lots of) extra batteries :P

I'm currently on my way.

And we kind of planned everything out. There will be 5 of us, each person will have a specific job. Two people will bring the seats and the umbrellas, two people will be in charge of bringing us breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and the final person will be in charge of taking our devices and charging them inside Rockefeller Center. I think I'm one of the food guys. :P We will all take turns with bathroom breaks (2 at a time but we will allow no more than 4 if it's an emergency). Monster Hunter, Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem, and any previous Pokemon game is a must. Any topic of discussion is welcomed with strangers waiting on line because we're all really determined nerds. lol

I consider this the baby steps towards actually camping for a game days prior to release. haha

#760 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4606 posts) -

Less than 17 hours remain and there are approximately 60 people on line. This has potential to be the largest Nintendo launch event yet.

What bothers me the most is the fact that the person in front of me is already playing Y. :(

#761 Posted by moltenix (2483 posts) -

Less than 17 hours remain and there are approximately 60 people on line. This has potential to be the largest Nintendo launch event yet.

What bothers me the most is the fact that the person in front of me is already playing Y. :(

You picked a bad person to wait behind for over half a day lol.

In other news, Expected delivery:

2013/10/16

You have got to be KIDDING ME!

#762 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4606 posts) -

That REALLY sucks! D: I wonder why some people got their delivery yesterday or the day before.

In other news, Ylvis, the guys who made 'What Does The Fox Say?' music video is performing right across the street. and the guy who was playing Pokemon Y is now playing co-op Donkey Kong Country with a friend using a phone and 2 wii remotes. This is gonna be a long day.

#763 Posted by moltenix (2483 posts) -

I just I might just pick up my copy tomorrow and return the preorder when it arrives.

FutureShop/Bestbuy are having a Trade 1, Get Pokemon XY free promo this week. My online copy is for 26.66 which is nice but I wouldn't mind getting rid of NSMB2 since I never play it anymore. That and I can't possibly survive a long weekend knowing all the PokeFans in the world are enjoying it without me! Also not bad considering NSMB2 also cost me 26.66!

#764 Edited by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -
@moltenix said:

I just I might just pick up my copy tomorrow and return the preorder when it arrives.

FutureShop/Bestbuy are having a Trade 1, Get Pokemon XY free promo this week. My online copy is for 26.66 which is nice but I wouldn't mind getting rid of NSMB2 since I never play it anymore. That and I can't possibly survive a long weekend knowing all the PokeFans in the world are enjoying it without me! Also not bad considering NSMB2 also cost me 26.66!

I was lucky in that I ordered it during E3 too and had it for $26.66, but I also had a $20 gift card from Best Buy which I used for the pre-order, so I essentially only paid ~$6. I might trade in on Saturday if I have an eligible game I'm okay giving away.

Edit: I have nothing that I want to give up, oh well.

#765 Posted by starwarsjunky (24692 posts) -

one more day!!!

#766 Edited by BrunoBRS (73254 posts) -

@BrunoBRS said:

I'm currently on my way.

And we kind of planned everything out. There will be 5 of us, each person will have a specific job. Two people will bring the seats and the umbrellas, two people will be in charge of bringing us breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and the final person will be in charge of taking our devices and charging them inside Rockefeller Center. I think I'm one of the food guys. :P We will all take turns with bathroom breaks (2 at a time but we will allow no more than 4 if it's an emergency). Monster Hunter, Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem, and any previous Pokemon game is a must. Any topic of discussion is welcomed with strangers waiting on line because we're all really determined nerds. lol

I consider this the baby steps towards actually camping for a game days prior to release. haha

you think? i feel so bad for your friends. also really? he's just going to sit there for an hour inside the rockfeller, charging everyone's systems at once? but what will you do while the batteries charge? D:

#767 Edited by starwarsjunky (24692 posts) -

@BrunoBRS said:

@ANIMEguy10034 said:

@BrunoBRS said:

I'm currently on my way.

you think? i feel so bad for your friends. also really? he's just going to sit there for an hour inside the rockfeller, charging everyone's systems at once? but what will you do while the batteries charge? D:

agreed. methinks you need something besides ds/3ds to occupy the time. do you play magic or something similar? or a tabletop game? munchkins maybe?

#768 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4606 posts) -

@BrunoBRS said:

@ANIMEguy10034 said:

@BrunoBRS said:

I'm currently on my way.

agreed. methinks you need something besides ds/3ds to occupy the time. do you play magic or something similar? or a tabletop game? munchkins maybe?

I accompanied him and we played chess while they charged. :P Good thing we decided to charge when it started raining. We avoided getting our stuff wet.

10 hours remain and the girl in front of me was playing Monster Hunter 4 and is now 10 hours into Pokemon Y. A lot of people bought a copy from a store who broke the release date. they're currently waiting for thier preorder copy. they're all around me. im freaking out. and it's starting raining again.

#769 Edited by moltenix (2483 posts) -

You are one dedicated PokeFan! =D

Honestly, it saddens me whenever I see people online saying they're too embarrassed to pick up a copy of Pokemon or something silly like that cause they're too "old". How could anyone be ashamed of enjoying something so mega awesome?! =O

That being said, how popular is Pokemon with the younger people nowadays? I don't mean like the little kids in early grade school but more like the middle/high school crowd. Seems like a good chunk of the fanbase is the kids that grew up with Pokemon from the early days of Gen1/2. I don't have any younger siblings and my friends and I are all in ours 20s so it's hard to tell.

#770 Edited by starwarsjunky (24692 posts) -

@starwarsjunky said:

@BrunoBRS said:

@ANIMEguy10034 said:

@BrunoBRS said:

I'm currently on my way.

I accompanied him and we played chess while they charged. :P Good thing we decided to charge when it started raining. We avoided getting our stuff wet.

10 hours remain and the girl in front of me was playing Monster Hunter 4 and is now 10 hours into Pokemon Y. A lot of people bought a copy from a store who broke the release date. they're currently waiting for thier preorder copy. they're all around me. im freaking out. and it's starting raining again.

lol. what time did you start waiting??

sucks for the people in line in the rain, though. haha.

#771 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4606 posts) -

@moltenix: I have yet to see someone below the age of 12. The VAST majority here are young adults or over the age of 30. I'm sure everyone passing by are judging us but we don't care. :P

@starwarsjunky: we arrived at 6am. it's currently 3:34pm. less than 9 hours remain. :D

#772 Posted by moltenix (2483 posts) -

Have you guys seen some of the new megavolutions? =O

Mega Alakazam, Houndoom, Pinsir, Heracross looks awesome!

#773 Posted by starwarsjunky (24692 posts) -

@moltenix: I have yet to see someone below the age of 12. The VAST majority here are young adults or over the age of 30. I'm sure everyone passing by are judging us but we don't care. :P

@starwarsjunky: we arrived at 6am. it's currently 3:34pm. less than 9 hours remain. :D

you're nuts. lol.

wish i was there =P

#774 Posted by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -

I stood in line for video games three times in my life.

Never again.

#775 Posted by moltenix (2483 posts) -

Never again.

As much as I love video games, I don't get the appeal of midnight launches. Then again, with a few exceptions, I don't usually get games at launch!

#776 Posted by starwarsjunky (24692 posts) -

Never again.

never have, but if there's a large group i think it could be fun.

#777 Posted by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -
@moltenix said:

@Haziqonfire said:

Never again.

As much as I love video games, I don't get the appeal of midnight launches. Then again, with a few exceptions, I don't usually get games at launch!

Everyone does it at least once :P.

I did it when I was younger and still in school, but now I just don't have the time to go to a midnight launch on a weekday. Even though Pokemon is on a Friday night, I'd rather just go home lol. I usually try to wait as well, gaming is expensive and when you get older you have to prioritize :(.

@Haziqonfire said:

Never again.

Oh, it definitely is. It's the best when you bring your 3DS to big gaming events now too, so many StreetPass tags!

#778 Posted by starwarsjunky (24692 posts) -

@moltenix said:

@Haziqonfire said:

Never again.

Everyone does it at least once :P.

I did it when I was younger and still in school, but now I just don't have the time to go to a midnight launch on a weekday. Even though Pokemon is on a Friday night, I'd rather just go home lol. I usually try to wait as well, gaming is expensive and when you get older you have to prioritize :(.

@starwarsjunky said:

@Haziqonfire said:

Never again.

Oh, it definitely is. It's the best when you bring your 3DS to big gaming events now too, so many StreetPass tags!

lol my buddy had his at pax east last year. he got a freakin TON of streetpasses while we were there. lol.

#779 Posted by EnoshimaJunko (189 posts) -

Bulbapedia posted a page today with info about all 69 new pokemon, as well as info on the gym leaders. So here's the link if you're curious.

Still no Dark type gym. Game Freak, make a Dark type gym already. You should've done it last gen, but whatever. And there's a lot of Dragons this time (hmm, which to choose).

Meanwhile, I'm very much excited for X and Y, but its only 4:55pm here where I live, and I have a field trip for one of my classes tomorrow, so I have to wait awhile before I can get Y. I'd like to think that my local Gamestop won't be terribly busy when I get there (going there after field trip is done)... but we'll see. I'm having a hard time waiting, but I think I can hold out till tomorrow afternoon by starting a new playthrough on Fire Emblem Awakening and doing a ton of reclassing to make my characters into gods of battle.

To those of you waiting outside for a your midnight release: good luck.

#780 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4606 posts) -

This is my favorite launch yet. Although it's the longest, most people have been friendly and cooperate. We're all playing local wireless games.

There was actually a huge argument because some people skipped the line but fortunately it's resolved now.

#781 Edited by BrunoBRS (73254 posts) -

@moltenix said:

@Haziqonfire said:

Never again.

never did one myself, because nothing ever launches on the proper date here :D

you just walk into the store one day and notice the game arrived. or you ask them to call you when it arrives.

#782 Posted by JustBoomer (184 posts) -

I'll be picking up Poke`mon X in about 16 hours.

#783 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4606 posts) -

This line has reached Japan's Monster Hunter levels. I went to the back of the line and it took me 10 minutes to walk back to the front. I approximate around 800 people and counting. The official event is about to start. I'm SO GLAD that I arrived 18 hours prior to release.

#784 Posted by Darkslayer16 (3611 posts) -
@moltenix said:

@ANIMEguy10034 said:

2013/10/16

Did yours ever update? Mine said the 16th too, but I got it this morning.

#785 Posted by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -

Wait you actually got your copy today?

#786 Posted by moltenix (2483 posts) -

@moltenix said:

@ANIMEguy10034 said:

2013/10/16

Nope. It was last updated as being in Richmond BC still.

Ah well, i'm gonna stick to the plan and do the Trade 1 for Pokemon at BestBuy tomorrow. Looks like M&L Dream Team is a qualifying game; not really a fan of it and barely played it since launch so I might ditch that instead of NSMB2.

Win-Win-Win situation: Get rid of unwanted game. Make $14 profit. Not have to wait 5 more days for Pokemon Y.

#787 Edited by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -

I'm thinking of getting rid of Dream Team too. I beat it already and don't think I'd ever replay it again ... but I enjoyed it.

#788 Posted by BrunoBRS (73254 posts) -

after 10 minutes of struggling with the eShop, i'm downloading. that's a pretty damn big file.

#789 Posted by sonictrainer (15183 posts) -

Now that the game is officially available, please avoid posting Story and Post-Game Spoilers in this topic without using Spoiler Tags.

Thank you. :)

#790 Posted by Blabadon (25219 posts) -

I'm thinking of getting rid of Dream Team too. I beat it already and don't think I'd ever replay it again ... but I enjoyed it.

I'm debating between this game or Killzone Mercenary.

#791 Edited by HowlingLotus (385 posts) -

Picking up Y tomorrow after work. Amazon says my copy of X shipped today, but is still in BC and I live in AB - most likely won't receive it for a few days. I also got the X/Y strategy book to have something to read alongside while playing the game, but it seems they took more orders then they could fill and won't get a copy for a few weeks :(.

Tomorrow will be fun. I have a few hours now to sleep between doing a back to back, picking up Y after work, then starting to play Y and set up my Kindle Fire I received today. Tomorrow will be a good day!

#792 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4606 posts) -

I just arrived home. I lost my voice, my back is killing me, I can't feel my legs, my jeans are ripped, the rubber sole of my sneakers are literally coming off, and I'm extremely dehydrated. Definitely one of the greatest days I've had as a gamer.

Over 300 streetpasses, hours of Mario Kart and Monster Hunter, A LOT of screaming and cheering, and over a thousand fans crowded in one location. Some people were lucky enough to win the special edition 3DS XLs. I was only able to win the Xerneas and Yveltal patches, similar to the Kirby Epic Yarn ones from Club Nintendo. During the cosplay event, a guy came up to his girlfriend, who is in a pikachu costume on stage, and PROPOSED TO HER using the line, "Pikachu, I choose you," and opening a pokeball with a ring inside. It was really cute and EVERYONE cheered! Junichi Masuda was not able to make it, but he skyped on an iPad and we all waved to him. :P When it was about to be midnight, we all started to count down as if it was New Years. Many people left the store with $100+ worth of pokemon merchandise. I really wish there were more Nintendo World Stores internationally for everyone to be able to experience this.

Here are some pictures:

And now I shall play Pokemon all night. 8)

#793 Edited by HowlingLotus (385 posts) -

@ANIMEguy10034 said:

Enjoy :D

Every Pokemon fan right now who didn't go to a midnight release or get an early copy:

#794 Edited by Kaze_no_Mirai (10893 posts) -

I just arrived home. I lost my voice, my back is killing me, I can't feel my legs, my jeans are ripped, the rubber sole of my sneakers are literally coming off, and I'm extremely dehydrated. Definitely one of the greatest days I've had as a gamer.

Over 300 streetpasses, hours of Mario Kart and Monster Hunter, A LOT of screaming and cheering, and over a thousand fans crowded in one location. Some people were lucky enough to win the special edition 3DS XLs. I was only able to win the Xerneas and Yveltal patches, similar to the Kirby Epic Yarn ones from Club Nintendo. During the cosplay event, a guy came up to his girlfriend, who is in a pikachu costume on stage, and PROPOSED TO HER using the line, "Pikachu, I choose you," and opening a pokeball with a ring inside. It was really cute and EVERYONE cheered! Junichi Masuda was not able to make it, but he skyped on an iPad and we all waved to him. :P When it was about to be midnight, we all started to count down as if it was New Years. Many people left the store with $100+ worth of pokemon merchandise. I really wish there were more Nintendo World Stores internationally for everyone to be able to experience this.

Here are some pictures:

Sounds pretty awesome! Enjoy!

#795 Edited by KnightSkull (1698 posts) -

All I'm going to say right now about Pikachu is... it's cry in the game is the best so far as it says it's name :o

#796 Edited by Miroku32 (8666 posts) -

Gonna pick my copy of Pokemon Y in like 2 hours. Cant wait to play the game.

#797 Posted by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -
Mine

#798 Posted by moltenix (2483 posts) -

Here are some pictures:

Dude, that looks mega-awesome! =O

Wait, are those Gen 6 plushies?! Were there any other ones? I wonder if i'll ever see them in stores in Canada before the end of the year... I like decorating my room and desk space with them. =P

I'm probably gonna head out in a bit; damn you guys in the east side of the world getting it already.

#799 Edited by moltenix (2483 posts) -

Woot! Just got back from Future Shop. Bye bye Dream Team, Hello Pokemon Y!

Lineup at FutureShop: Me

Lineup at EBGames in the mall: Out of the freakin' door and then some

#800 Edited by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -

@moltenix said:

Woot! Just got back from Future Shop. Bye bye Dream Team, Hello Pokemon Y!

Lineup at FutureShop: Me

Lineup at EBGames in the mall: Out of the freakin' door and then some

You picked the lesser of two evils. Good on you.