Pokemon X and Y Update and Discussion Thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#701 Posted by Nintendo_Ownes7 (30917 posts) -

I already had my mind made up from the beginning that I was getting X version so I'm happy that I like the mega evolutions; I plan on getting Y so I can also get Skelp and other exclusives.

#702 Posted by spike6958 (4740 posts) -
Damn, Mega Charizard X as a Fire/Dragon is gonna be so OP.
#703 Posted by HowlingLotus (402 posts) -

AW COME ON!! First MewTwo and now this?! I already preordered Pokemon Y!! :x

I really hope I don't end up preferring every other MegaEvolutionX. I really hope we can trade the mega stones between versions.

Still a fantastic surprise!

ANIMEguy10034

I blindly threw my money at Nintendo to get both versions so I don't have to worry, but I do agree in the hopes we can trade mega stones between versions. Would kind of defeat the trading aspect of Pokemon which is a large part of the game.

#704 Posted by dissembled (357 posts) -
Almost 8 more days. Gta V will tide me over for now.
#705 Posted by moltenix (2485 posts) -

AW COME ON!! First MewTwo and now this?! I already preordered Pokemon Y!! :x

I really hope I don't end up preferring every other MegaEvolutionX. I really hope we can trade the mega stones between versions.

Still a fantastic surprise!

ANIMEguy10034

I preordered Y version (based on my preference for Yveltal at the time) too. Since then, i've preferred Mewtwo X and now Megazard X. Next thing they're gonna tell me the other two are also Y versions and Megatoise X and MegasaurX end up looking so much better. :roll:

Btw, I spoiled myself and saw the final evolutions of the starters from an early release leak somewhere on the web which I shall not name. They aren't super terrible but none of them really stand out as a must-have. I might just stick with Chespin and then go with Squirtle for my Kanto starter.

#706 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4733 posts) -

Btw, I spoiled myself and saw the final evolutions of the starters from an early release leak somewhere on the web which I shall not name. They aren't super terrible but none of them really stand out as a must-have. I might just stick with Chespin and then go with Squirtle for my Kanto starter.moltenix
Likewise. I'm pretty sure 70% of Fennekin and Froakie lovers were disappointed and Chespin fans cheered and cried with joy. I'm not really fond of the their typing. I feel two of them could have been switched for balance. My expectations were pretty high so I guess it's my fault. I felt really meh about Froakie's final evo, but I really started to love it when I saw a picture of it smiling in Pokemon Aime. :oops: I'm still planning on sticking with Froakie and Bulbasaur.

#707 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4733 posts) -

Btw, Pokemon Origins is amazing and is definitely the "mature" and action-orientated anime adaptation we've all been waiting for. I highly recommend it. Too bad it's only four episodes. I do hope each generation receives a special like this, but I doubt it.

There was one particular scene in the first episode that made me cringe...

[spoiler]

I wouldn't want to mess with this Squirtle

[/spoiler]

#708 Posted by spike6958 (4740 posts) -

Btw, Pokemon Origins is amazing and is definitely the "mature" and action-orientated anime adaptation we've all been waiting for. I highly recommend it. Too bad it's only four episodes. I do hope each generation receives a special like this, but I doubt it.

There was one particular scene in the first episode that made me cringe...

[spoiler]

I wouldn't want to mess with this Squirtle

[/spoiler]

ANIMEguy10034
Yeah, it looks amazing. Wish the actual show was like that. Hope they don't screw it up to much when they release the dub.
#709 Posted by moltenix (2485 posts) -

Likewise. I'm pretty sure 70% of Fennekin and Froakie lovers were disappointed and Chespin fans cheered and cried with joy. I'm not really fond of the their typing. I feel two of them could have been switched for balance. My expectations were pretty high so I guess it's my fault. I felt really meh about Froakie's final evo, but I really started to love it when I saw a picture of it smiling in Pokemon Aime. :oops: I'm still planning on sticking with Froakie and Bulbasaur.

ANIMEguy10034

Chespin fans cried with joy? :lol: I have to admit, I was kinda shocked when I first saw it. It's slowly growing on me but my first reaction was definitely NOT all that positive. :P

It seems that Fennekin #3 is the bigger disappointment considering so many people liked it compared to Chespin and Froakie since the beginning.

#710 Posted by dissembled (357 posts) -
I'll probably choose Froakie and Charizard myself. Greninja looks bad***. Unsure what version I'll purchase, however. I'll wait until after release when the differences are brought to light.
#711 Posted by Nintendo_Ownes7 (30917 posts) -

I'll probably choose Froakie and Charizard myself. Greninja looks bad***. Unsure what version I'll purchase, however. I'll wait until after release when the differences are brought to light.dissembled
I might as well but I don't know I definitely will get X version.

#712 Posted by sonictrainer (15184 posts) -

Slurpuff Official ArtSlurpuff

• Slurpuff is Swirlix's Evolution, who keeps its typing and ability.
  • Swirlix and Slurpuff are exclusive to X.
  • Slurpuff Trivia: "Slurpuff has an unbelievable sense of smella hundred million times more sensitive than that of humans. With its highly attuned senses, it can distinguish the faintest of odors."
Aromatisse Official ArtAromatisse
  • Aromatisse is Spritzee's Evolution, who keeps its typing and ability.
  • Spritzee and Aromatisse are exclusive to Y.
  • Aromatisse Trivia: "Aromatisse, the evolved form of Spritzee, can give off a variety of different smells, from a pleasant fragrance to an odor so repugnant to its opponent that it can turn a battle in its favor."
#713 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4733 posts) -
Chespin fans cried with joy? :lol: I have to admit, I was kinda shocked when I first saw it. It's slowly growing on me but my first reaction was definitely NOT all that positive. :P

It seems that Fennekin #3 is the bigger disappointment considering so many people liked it compared to Chespin and Froakie since the beginning.

moltenix
I've just noticed that the majority of my other forum prefers Chespin's final evo, and feel pretty "meh" about Froakie's and Fennekin's, whereas, here in Gamespot, the vast majority prefers Froakie's and are really "meh" about Chespin's and Fennekin's. :lol: These final evolutions were definitely surprising.
#714 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4733 posts) -

Those are not my favorite designs, but they're interesting. I wonder what Aromatisse's design is based of. I know the mask is based on plague doctors but everything else throws me off. :P

#715 Posted by BrunoBRS (73260 posts) -
that pokemon origins video is hilariously messed up. as for the evolutions, chespin looks horrendous. i'm going with yosuke's persona.
#716 Posted by spike6958 (4740 posts) -
#717 Posted by HowlingLotus (402 posts) -

At this rate they should have added a subtitle.... Pokemon X & Y: The Mega 151

YOU GET A MEGA! AND YOU GET A MEGA! EVERYONE GETS A MEGA!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111!!!1!!1!!1!!!1 

oprah-free-car.gif?w=630

On the topic of the final evolutions I don't think my decision to pick Fennekin has changed (almost always pick the fire starter and get the other two later anyways). I am getting both versions and am hoping we can trade early - that way I can have all 3 :). 

#718 Posted by BrunoBRS (73260 posts) -

*snip*

ANIMEguy10034
going by your sig, red is just as dumb as ash, and still doesn't know how effectiveness works. DON'T FIRE PUNCH A WATER POKEMON, ESPECIALLY WITH YOUR FIRE POKEMON.
#719 Posted by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -
Reviews are out. Polygon failed by using fake fan art in their review. lololol.
#720 Posted by sonictrainer (15184 posts) -

NintendoLife:
http://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/3ds/pokemon_x_and_y
[spoiler] 9/10 [/spoiler]

EDGE:
http://www.edge-online.com/review/pokemon-xy-review/
[spoiler] 8/10 [/spoiler]

CVG:
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/432363/pokmon-x-and-y-review-3ds-2ds/
[spoiler] 9/10 [/spoiler]

Joystiq
http://www.joystiq.com/2013/10/04/pokemon-x-y-review-7f17a51b/?ncid=edpicks
[spoiler] 4.5/5 [/spoiler]

#721 Posted by sonictrainer (15184 posts) -

"It has been announced that the storage app, Pokémon Bank, is due for release in North America on December 27th. With it comes a 30 day free pass if you download and play the application before February 1st. From then on, if you wish to use the services, including Poke Transporter, you will need to pay a yearly fee of $4.99. It also confirms that you cannot have items on your Pokémon when you send it to Bank, with the items returning to your bag."

#722 Posted by EnoshimaJunko (200 posts) -

Two new Mega Evolutions have leaked

[spoiler] Mega Gengar and Mega Aerodactyal [/spoiler]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSD84eT880Q

spike6958

Because Gengar, like Garchomp, really needed a mega evolution.:roll:

#723 Posted by EnoshimaJunko (200 posts) -

"It has been announced that the storage app, Pokémon Bank, is due for release in North America on December 27th. With it comes a 30 day free pass if you download and play the application before February 1st. From then on, if you wish to use the services, including Poke Transporter, you will need to pay a yearly fee of $4.99. It also confirms that you cannot have items on your Pokémon when you send it to Bank, with the items returning to your bag."

sonictrainer

Fvck. I was hoping to send up some items to my Y from my Black 2, like Leftovers or that extra Master Ball I have.

#724 Posted by Sora278 (1495 posts) -

Really, we get screwed on items AGAIN?  It was one thing for gen 5 when people were stocking up over the generations but come on starting from nothing is such a pain.

#725 Posted by spike6958 (4740 posts) -
Any of you guys decided on your teams yet? I've been thinking a lot about what teams I've been wanting to use but every time I see a new Pokemon it makes it harder and harder for me to choose what I want.
#726 Posted by EnoshimaJunko (200 posts) -

Any of you guys decided on your teams yet? I've been thinking a lot about what teams I've been wanting to use but every time I see a new Pokemon it makes it harder and harder for me to choose what I want.spike6958

I know, its hard to choose a full team at this point. But I know I'm going with these pokemon for sure:

Froakie, Charmander, Tyrunt, and Litleo.

I'll throw Yveltal in there when I get it, but that obviously won't be until late in the game. No idea what to do with my last 2 slots. Fortunately I think I'll have most of the HMs covered with what I got so far, so its not like I'll need to pick stuff based on HM needs. I'm kinda tempted to go with Lucario or Garchomp cuz of mega evolutions, but maybe I should save those for EV training. You got anything you're fer sure putting on your team?

#727 Posted by Soulreavercross (19890 posts) -

sonictrainer
That sucks because my team and strategies are heavily based on held items....also I was hoping for a closer release date to X/Y because I have a lot to transfer from white and Black 2
#728 Posted by thom_maytees (3669 posts) -

Received a 8.0 from GameSpot.

Link

#729 Posted by dissembled (357 posts) -

Received a 8.0 from GameSpot.

Link

thom_maytees
Thanks for the link. In their video review, Yveltal can be seen attacking another Pokemon. The visuals were extraordinary to say the least. Suffice it to say, I think I maybe sold on the Y version.
#730 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4733 posts) -

going by your sig, red is just as dumb as ash, and still doesn't know how effectiveness works. DON'T FIRE PUNCH A WATER POKEMON, ESPECIALLY WITH YOUR FIRE POKEMON.BrunoBRS
In his defense, he was stuck in that final battle cliche where their last pokemon are also their first pokemon. :P

He acted a lot like Ash in the beginning because he was new to the pokemon world and was just learning. Fortunately, he managed to pick up the basics very quickly and became a fantastic trainer. Ash is still a disgrace for losing to a Snivy after the Sinnoh League. I doubt anyone would let that moment go. :lol:

There were some questionable moments in battles though, but I blame the fact everything had to rushed in order to be put in four episodes. They did a good job highlighting the best moments of Kanto, the music was amazing and the battles were fantastic, but I do wish it was longer. They could have easily expanded it into a season.

#731 Posted by BrunoBRS (73260 posts) -

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"] going by your sig, red is just as dumb as ash, and still doesn't know how effectiveness works. DON'T FIRE PUNCH A WATER POKEMON, ESPECIALLY WITH YOUR FIRE POKEMON.ANIMEguy10034

In his defense, he was stuck in that final battle cliche where their last pokemon are also their first pokemon. :P

He acted a lot like Ash in the beginning because he was new to the pokemon world and was just learning. Fortunately, he managed to pick up the basics very quickly and became a fantastic trainer. Ash is still a disgrace for losing to a Snivy after the Sinnoh League. I doubt anyone would let that moment go. :lol:

There were some questionable moments in battles though, but I blame the fact everything had to rushed in order to be put in four episodes. They did a good job highlighting the best moments of Kanto, the music was amazing and the battles were fantastic, but I do wish it was longer. They could have easily expanded it into a season.

if anyone's put all episodes with subs on youtube, i'd like to watch. otherwise i'm just too lazy :P
#732 Posted by willtsherman (667 posts) -

My Team:
Chesnaught
Mega Blastoise
Aegislash
Avalugg
Yveltal
possibly Malamar

#735 Posted by BrunoBRS (73260 posts) -

bumping this because of new gamespot.

#736 Posted by moltenix (2485 posts) -

Oh my gosh PokeFans. This new Gamespot is totally Garbodor...

#737 Posted by sonictrainer (15184 posts) -

Anyone figure out how to use Avatars? Or is that down at the moment?

Also, let's still try to use Spoilers Tags for certain news until Saturday.

#738 Posted by Kaze_no_Mirai (11220 posts) -

@moltenix said:

Oh my gosh PokeFans. This new Gamespot is totally Garbodor...

Yeah its really... odd.

#739 Posted by starwarsjunky (24735 posts) -

Anyone figure out how to use Avatars? Or is that down at the moment?

Also, let's still try to use Spoilers Tags for certain news until Saturday.

they're still down.

#740 Edited by spike6958 (4740 posts) -

So guys, some good news and some bad news. The bad news, you lot are all probably still gonna have to wait till Saturday for Pokemon XY, the good news I got it today :D

#741 Edited by The_Last_Ride (71168 posts) -

Really looking forward to this game

#742 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4733 posts) -

So guys, some good news and some bad news. The bad news, you lot are all probably still gonna have to wait till Saturday for Pokemon XY, the good news I got it today :D

THE AMOUNT OF JEALOUSY I HAVE FOR YOU IS INTENSE RIGHT NOW! :x :P

Okay.. I gotta relax... Just one more day and a few more hours until the midnight launch. I can do this!

#743 Posted by KnightSkull (1698 posts) -

I got home from work today and guess what was waiting for me?

That's right people, Pokemon X and Y :D

I am so happy right now, I've played about 30 mins so far.

#744 Posted by BrunoBRS (73260 posts) -

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y124/spike6958/90daaa99-4cbb-4e5f-a45e-2ac9c89b3204.jpg

EDIT: Bah, new Gamespot sucks, can't even post images anymore :(

i can live with that. i'm in no hurry :P

#745 Edited by Sora278 (1495 posts) -

I think this might the first time I go to a midnight release. XD I have school and work on Saturday taking up most of the day so I want to at least play it for a few hours when I get it.

#746 Posted by Kaze_no_Mirai (11220 posts) -

I won't be getting it till at least Tuesday next week. :( It's gonna be a long wait.

#747 Edited by moltenix (2485 posts) -

Dammit guys, my pre-ordered copy isn't gonna arrive until Tuesday since it's a long weekend and it hasn't even shipped yet!

Worst Thanksgiving ever!! :'(

I suppose I could enjoy Wind Waker but it's just not the same as the epicness that is Pokemon Y.

#748 Posted by sonictrainer (15184 posts) -

New Info from Coro Coro Magazine:

• Mega Tyranitar keeps its Ability and Typing
  • Mega Aggron become a Pure Steel Type
  • According to Serebii, Tyranitar is Exclusive to Y and Aggron is Exclusive to X

• Mega Gengar keeps its original typing but gains the Shadow Tag Ability

• Delphox is Fennekin's Final Evolve Form
  • Delphox is a Fire/Psychic Type
  • Chesnaught is Chespin's Final Evolve Form
  • Chesnaught is a Grass/Fighting Type
  • Greninja is Froakie's Final Evolve Form
  • Greninja is a Water/Dark Type
#749 Posted by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -
@moltenix said:

Dammit guys, my pre-ordered copy isn't gonna arrive until Tuesday since it's a long weekend and it hasn't even shipped yet!

Worst Thanksgiving ever!! :'(

I suppose I could enjoy Wind Waker but it's just not the same as the epicness that is Pokemon Y.

Future Shop? I checked my order, I got charged for it Future Shop hasn't sent me an email saying it's shipped...I'm still hoping I get it tomorrow but I'm guessing Tuesday too. lol.

#750 Posted by BrunoBRS (73260 posts) -

mega tyranitar looks like the sunlight maggot lol