Pokemon X and Y Update and Discussion Thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#601 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4771 posts) -

tumblr_mspllnqYmr1qfyz1jo1_1280.jpg

Look at the bottom right corner of the image.

"Representation of 3D video/picture"
"Yes"

The bullet point was tricky. I had to use 6 different online translators to understand what it was trying to say.

1. "Part of the event and combat, and the demo scene"
  2. "the part of a battle and the event, a demonstration scene"
  3. "Portion and demonstration scene etc of battle and event"
  4. "a part of battle, event, demo scene"
  5. "Combat and a part of of event demonstration scene"
  6. "fighting and some of the events, such as the demo scene"

The final translation makes the most sense.

Source: Nintendo's Japanese Website

#602 Posted by HowlingLotus (425 posts) -

Kind of stinks about the Pokemon Bank costing money, but I imagine we can use eShop credit towards it?

I agree with many that I'm still not convinced about Mega Evolutions, but receiving 2 starters is pretty awesome. I might start fresh depending on how many Pokemon are present in the game from past generations. I was really hoping this would be the generation to tie all the regions together, but I suppose that is yet to be seen (highly unlikely).  

#603 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4771 posts) -

Pokemon Smash may be teasing what looks like a secondary Mewtwo mega evolution.

Video

#604 Posted by EnoshimaJunko (212 posts) -

Pokemon Smash may be teasing what looks like a secondary Mewtwo mega evolution.

Video

ANIMEguy10034

It looks like you were right, Mikasa. Mewtwo now has a 2nd Mega Evo. A Bulbapedia page put up this morning tells us that the latest CoroCoro magazine revealed Mega Mewtwo X, as well as Mega Garchomp. It also revealed some new Pokemon and abilities.

#605 Posted by moltenix (2487 posts) -

Mega Garchomp?!? .... :roll:

Oh, and Chespin's middle form looks ugly. Dangit Chespin, you were my favorite! Why'd you have to evolve into some chubby looking thing that reminds me of Pignite. :|

#606 Posted by Inferi-Fang (71 posts) -
Mega Garchomp really? Does he need another form......
#607 Posted by Nintendo_Ownes7 (30917 posts) -

Fennikens evolution looks great. But I was happy it wasn't Fire/Fighting it is just Fire.

Also Fairy Type is strong against Fighting, Dark and Dragon; Not very effective against Steel, Poison and Fire. Fairy is weak to Poison and Steel; Resists Bug, Fighting and Dark; Is immune to Dragon.

#608 Posted by EnoshimaJunko (212 posts) -

Mega Garchomp really? Does he need another form......Inferi-Fang

I was thinking that too. I don't exactly mind, since I like Garchomp, but I was hoping that most of the mega evolutions would be more for pokemon that needed a boost(Kanto starters, Mawile, Ampharos) , not for ones that were already good (Garchomp, Mewtwo).

And 2 mega evolutions is not needed for any pokemon.

#609 Posted by EnoshimaJunko (212 posts) -

Also Fairy Type is strong against Fighting, Dark and Dragon; Not very effective against Steel, Poison and Fire. Fairy is weak to Poison and Steel; Resists Bug, Fighting and Dark; Is immune to Dragon.

Nintendo_Ownes7

Is that officially confirmed (if so please provide source), or is that just something you've heard?

Cuz I really hope that Fairy type isn't immune to Dragon.

#610 Posted by Nintendo_Ownes7 (30917 posts) -

[QUOTE="Nintendo_Ownes7"]

EnoshimaJunko

Is that officially confirmed (if so please provide source), or is that just something you've heard?

It was in the Corocoro Magazine.

http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/October_%2713_CoroCoro_unveils_new_%27XY%27_information

#611 Posted by EnoshimaJunko (212 posts) -

[QUOTE="EnoshimaJunko"]

[QUOTE="Nintendo_Ownes7"]

Nintendo_Ownes7

It was in the Corocoro Magazine.

http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/October_%2713_CoroCoro_unveils_new_%27XY%27_information

Seems they updated the page since I last looked. But why do they gotta mess with the type balance so much? There's no reason for Steel to not resist Dark and Ghost, and Fairy being immune to Dragon just sucks (I love Dragons). At least Steel and Poison are now more useful offensively.

My bitching aside, I'm totally getting a Chigorasu. A Rock/Dragon T-rex esque thing? **** yeah! 

#612 Posted by Jonwh18 (9350 posts) -

2nd stages of starters please add to OP. 

[spoiler]  corocoro9139.jpg [/spoiler]

#613 Posted by Sora278 (1495 posts) -

Look at the bottom right corner of the image.

"Representation of 3D video/picture"
"Yes"

The bullet point was tricky. I had to use 6 different online translators to understand what it was trying to say.

1. "Part of the event and combat, and the demo scene"
  2. "the part of a battle and the event, a demonstration scene"
  3. "Portion and demonstration scene etc of battle and event"
  4. "a part of battle, event, demo scene"
  5. "Combat and a part of of event demonstration scene"
  6. "fighting and some of the events, such as the demo scene"

The final translation makes the most sense.

Source: Nintendo's Japanese Website

ANIMEguy10034

Honestly I am hoping they are just doing what they do best and be unclear.  No 3D the entire game except for battles would just be lame and something to mention.

And I just want to say I love all the new Pokemon!  Except Chespin's evolution.  Mega Garchomp looks like a Batman villain but I do not think he or Lucario need a Mega evolution when they are already OU.

#614 Posted by Nintendo_Ownes7 (30917 posts) -

Jonwh18

Based on the 2nd evolutions I will start with either Fenniken or Froakie.

#615 Posted by rubber-chicken (2070 posts) -

Starter middle evolutions (forgive me if old) are on the front page of Serebii...
http://serebii.net/index2.shtml

They are so awful looking! And the new picture of Mewtwo on there looks like Frieza from DBZ! :( 

#616 Posted by BrunoBRS (73261 posts) -
chespin 2nd stage looks so stupid. i'm so disappointed D: the starters remind me of the gen 3 starters. froakie and his evolution remind me a lot of treeko and grovyle, chespin's evolution made me think of marshtomp, and fennekin is, like torchic, going from "animal thingy" to "humanoid with animal traits".
#617 Posted by metroidfood (11173 posts) -

Chespin's evolution:

1st1x.gif

Fairy type seems pretty well balanced, though Dark types didn't need to be weaker. Still, I'm glad Steel got a slight nerf to compensate.

Honestly, other than Chespin's evo all the new Pokemon look really good. Especially those dinos. Megas continue to be a stupid gimmick that solves nothing.

#618 Posted by Toxic-Seahorse (4139 posts) -

[QUOTE="Jonwh18"]

Nintendo_Ownes7

Based on the 2nd evolutions I will start with either Fenniken or Froakie.

The water one is the only one that looks good. :/
#619 Posted by Zassimick (6653 posts) -

Team Froakie FTW! :cool: If he solidifies the landing with his third evo, he could be my favorite starter eva! 

Love the T-Rex too. Just going with released Pokémon I'd have a team I'd be happy with easily. 

#620 Posted by sman3579 (21174 posts) -

Mewtwo = Majin Buu
Mega Mewtwo X = Super Buu
Mega Mewtwo Y = Kid Buu

lol, but in all seriousness these are my thoughts:

Mega Mewtwo X looks alright, but i like Mega Mewtwo Y way more. Good thing I pre-ordered Y.

The second stage starters look interesting. It is still up in the air for who i will pick. They all look cool in different ways. Chespin's evo isn't that bad, just not what we wanted. The other two look fine, all I really care for is the final evolution.

I'm going to assume the rock/ice and rock/dragon are both fossil Pokemon of this gen. I think they both look really cool actually. Two of my favorite Pokemon revealed of Gen 6 so far (not counting Megas).

MegaChomp looks like a beast.

I wasn't a fan of the one with the weird fur, but now that i know you can customize it I have lightened up to him. He should be an interesting gimmick Pokemon.

The new psychic Pokemon looks awesome, and the stat different sounds cool as well, defensive vs offensive, their design is really cool too.

And last but not least, the new type chart sounds interesting. Finally poison is getting to be more useful and dragon is getting knocked down a peg.

#621 Posted by EnoshimaJunko (212 posts) -

The article now mentions that : "The players can also change their clothes and hairstyle at boutiques and salons throughout their journey."

Shit just keeps getting better. We finally have a bit more info on the character customization. At first it just seemed like you could only go with a few preset things for customization, but now it seems we can do much more than that. It's nice to know this since character customization is one of the things I was most excited about with X and Y.

#622 Posted by Rod90 (7266 posts) -
I'm sorry, what's the 3D restriction people are talking about?
#623 Posted by TopStarRacer (5732 posts) -

chespin 2nd stage looks so stupid. i'm so disappointed D: the starters remind me of the gen 3 starters. froakie and his evolution remind me a lot of treeko and grovyle, chespin's evolution made me think of marshtomp, and fennekin is, like torchic, going from "animal thingy" to "humanoid with animal traits".BrunoBRS

When I saw Froakie's evolution, I instantly thought Treecko/Grovyle. :P The problem is, I was kinda hoping Chespin would go the Grovyle route of evolution...not the Pignite. :(

#625 Posted by sonictrainer (15184 posts) -

Pyroar

Pyroar

Say hello to Litleo's Evolution: Pyroar

#626 Posted by Sora278 (1495 posts) -

Oooooh.  I wonder if they are hiding the tail for a reason.

#627 Posted by sman3579 (21174 posts) -

Now that is awesome.

#628 Posted by EnoshimaJunko (212 posts) -

I'm sorry, what's the 3D restriction people are talking about?Rod90

It's just that there's only a 3D effect for certain parts of the game. As far as I know, you can only use the 3D for battles and cutscenes. If you turn up the 3D effect slider any other time, nothing will happen. That's what it seems to be anyway.

#629 Posted by EnoshimaJunko (212 posts) -

I usually don't like to have more than 1 of the same type on my teams, but I'm gonna make an exception this time. I'm gonna use both Charizard and Litleo/Pyroar.

#630 Posted by spike6958 (4839 posts) -
Damn, I am just loving the 6th gen Pokemon. At this rate picking my team will be next to impossible.
#631 Posted by BrunoBRS (73261 posts) -

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]chespin 2nd stage looks so stupid. i'm so disappointed D: the starters remind me of the gen 3 starters. froakie and his evolution remind me a lot of treeko and grovyle, chespin's evolution made me think of marshtomp, and fennekin is, like torchic, going from "animal thingy" to "humanoid with animal traits".TopStarRacer

When I saw Froakie's evolution, I instantly thought Treecko/Grovyle. :P The problem is, I was kinda hoping Chespin would go the Grovyle route of evolution...not the Pignite. :(

i still hope the final form is good. i managed to put up with f*cking combusken for its final form.
#632 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4771 posts) -

Froakie Family FTW :D

and as much as I love Garchomp, its mega evolution is unnecessary. I will like to see more megas for pokemon that barely get used, like Magcargo, Torkoal, Tropius, Jynx, etc. I would let MegaChomp pass if it means Cynthia returns (again) and is more deadly than ever.

#634 Posted by Sora278 (1495 posts) -

Oh yeah I guess it would be 3 years.  I consider B2/W2 to be the third entry of a generation at most.  I hope it is not rushed at all... and that the entire thing is in 3D!

#635 Posted by sonictrainer (15184 posts) -

The English Site now has now updated with some English Names! 

X and Y Type Matchups Chart

The new Type Matchups Chart is Available on the Website, showing all old and new strengths, weaknesses, and resistences of Pokemon in X and Y.

Type Matchup Chart

http://www.pokemonxy.com/_ui/img/_en/art/Type-Matchup_chart_EN.pdf

• Steel Pokemon have officially lost their resistences to Ghost and Dark Type Attacks
  • Grass Pokemon are no longer affected by powder and spore moves.
  • Electric Pokemon cannot be paralysed.
  • Ghost Pokemon cannot be prevented from leaving the battle field under moves like Block, Mean Look, Spider Web, etc.

Pokémon

Quilladin Official ArtQuilladin

• "Quilladin" is Chespin's Evolve Form 
  • Quilladin can learn Mudshot
  • Quilladiin Trivia: "When Chespin evolves into Quilladin, the hard spikes on its body grow even sturdier. Despite its prickly appearance, Quilladin is considered a gentle Pokémon that avoids battle." 

Braixen Official ArtBraixen

• "Braixen" is Fennekin's Evolve Form
  • Braixen can learn Psyshock
  • Braixen Trivia: "Once Fennekin evolves into Braixen, it no longer eats branches. But it still keeps a tree branch in its tail, which seems to calm the Pokémon."

Frogadier Official ArtFrogadier

• "Frogadier" is Froakie's Evolve Form
  • Frogadier can learn Bounce.
  • Frogadier Trivia: "Frogadier evolves from Froakie, and when it does, its jumping skill improves. During battle, Frogadier confounds its opponents by leaping about the ceiling or into trees."

Furfrou Official ArtFurfrou's Different DesignsFurfrou

• "Furfrou" is the recently, revealed new Normal-Type Pokémon, who was spotted in the recent Pokemon Direct.
  • Furfrou has a new Ability called "Fur Coat", which halves the damage taken from phyiscal attacks.
  • Furfrou can learn a new Fairy-type attack called "Baby-Doll Eyes'', which is extremely fast attack, allowing the user to go first, and can lower the target's attack stat.
  • Furfrou Trivia: "The stylish Pokémon Furfrou can have its appearance changed by grooming. There are number of different appearances it can take, and the more you groom it, the more styles may become available!

If you leave Furfrou's style untended for a few days, its fur will grow long and shaggy again, returning to its original look. Keep a regular grooming schedule to maintain Furfrou's style!"

Male Meowstic Official ArtFemale Meowstic Official ArtMeowstic (Male)Meowstic (Female)

• "Meowstic" is another new recently, revealed new Psychic-Type Pokémon.
  • Male Meowstic have darker coats and have a movepool of Support Moves. Female Meowstic have lighter coats and have a movepool of physical and special attacks.
  • Meowstic can one of the abilities: Keen Eye/Infiltrator.
  • Male Meowstic can learn a new Miracle Eye and Female Meowstic can learn Extrasensory.
  • Meowstic Trivia: "Meowstic is a Pokémon that has different forms depending on its gender. Not only do male and female Meowstic look different, but they also have different moves they can learn!"

Fossil Researcher

There is a Fossil Laboratory in the Kalos Region.
Tyrunt Official ArtTyrunt

• "Tyrunt" is one of our new recently, revealed new Rock/Dragon-Type Fossil Pokémon, revived from a Jaw Fossil.
  • Tyrunt has a new Ability called "Strong Jaw", which increases the power of biting moves like Crunch.
  • Tyrunt can learn Dragon Tail.
  • Tyrunt Trivia: "Tyrunt is an ancient Pokémon from another age, and to add it to your team, you'll have to restore it from a Fossil. You can choose between two Fossils during your adventure in Pokémon X and Pokémon YTyrunt can be obtained by restoring the Jaw Fossil."

Amaura Official ArtAmaura

• "Amaura" is the other new recently, revealed new Rock/Ice-Type Fossil Pokémon, revived from a Sail Fossil.
  • Amaura has a new Ability called "Refrigerate", which changes Normal-type moves into Ice-type moves.
  • Tyrunt can learn Aurora Beam.
  • Tyrunt Trivia: "To obtain Amaura, you'll need to restore the Sail Fossil. Choose wisely whether you want Tyrunt or Amaura when you pick between the Jaw and Sail Fossil!"

Male PyroarFemale PyroarMale PyroarFemale Pyroar

• "Pyroar" is Litleo's Evolve Form, keeping its Fire/Normal Typing.
  • Pyroar can one of the abilities: Rivalry/Unnerve.
  • Pyroar can learn Echoed Voice.
  • Pyroar Trivia: "When Litleo evolves into Pyroar, it gains a great mane of burning flame! Male and female Pyroar have different forms."

Mega Mewtwo X Official ArtMega Mewtwo X

• "Mega Mewtwo X" is Mewtwo's Mega Evolution in Pokemon X.
  • It requires the Mewtwonite X to Mega Evolve.
  • Mega Mewtwo X is a Psychic/Fighting Type and has high Attack and Special Attack.
  • Mega Mewtwo X's Ability is Steadfast.
  • Mega Mewtwo X Trivia: "Yet another secret lurks within Mewtwo! The Genetic Pokémon doesn't have just one Mega-Evolved formit has two! Meet Mega Mewtwo X, an even larger Pokémon than Mega Mewtwo Y, with muscles bulging from its arms and legs. To evolve Mewtwo into Mega Mewtwo X, you'll need the Mewtwonite X Mega Stone."

Mega Mewtwo Y Official Art

• This is Mega Mewtwo Y, which is Exclusive to Pokemon Y. You need the Mewtwonite Y to get this Mega Evolution.

Mega Garchomp Official Art

• "Mega Garchomp" is Garchomp's Mega Evolution.
  • Mega Garchomp's Ability is Sand Force.
  • Mega Garchomp Trivia: "When Garchomp becomes Mega Garchomp, the increased energy flows into the Pokémon's arms, turning them into huge blades! Mega Garchomp's Attack and Special Attack both improve greatly, while its Speed goes down a little."

New Human Characters

Diantha Official ArtDiantha

"Diantha is a famous movie star beloved by everyone in the Kalos region. She's also a Pokémon Trainer who shows a lot of potential. She may even trade Pokémon with you sometime during your adventure!"

Celosia, Aliana, Bryony, and MableXerosicTeam Flare ScientistsXerosic

Team Flare Top Scientists
"Meet the five scientists who are the driving force behind Team Flare! They all have different hairstyles and unique outfits: The purple-haired woman is Celosia, the orange-haired woman is Aliana, the green-haired woman is Bryony, and the blue-haired woman is Mable. The final one of the lot is a man called Xerosic, whose red goggles and hair make quite an impression.

They're not merely selfishly looking out for themselvesthey appear to have a clear goal in how to change the world. What kind of world do they hope to create?"

Trainer Customization: Boutiques and Salons

Female Trainer CustomizationTrainer Customization

"In Pokémon X and Pokémon Y, you'll be able to use the boutiques and the salon that appear in the game to change your outfits and hair style. You can change not only your clothes, but also your hat, shoes, and accessories! There are all kinds of preset styles ready for you, too. There are boutiques in many of the cities you visit, and each has its own individual style.

When you change your outfit and your hair, your icon on the PSS and on the Pokémon Global Link will change, too. Find your favorite hair and clothing combinations and show them off for the world to see!"

New Features: Trainer PR Videos

Trainer PR VideosTrainer PR Video

"After you choose a style, visit the PR Video Studio. This facility will let you make a promotional video that reflects your style, called a Trainer PR Video!

Trainer PR Videos are 10-second films that feature you and your Pokémon. Choose your expressions, poses, background music, camera angles, and more to create a unique video! You can use a recommended style to make a video in moments, or make a video based on your preferences, with every second specially crafted."

The Pokemon Global Link

PGL

"View the PGL on the Go!The new Pokémon Global Link can be viewed from smartphones as well as from computers. See the first screens of the mobile-optimized version of the PGL. Now that it is designed for smartphone use, the PGL is easier than ever to explore."

Rating Battles

"Play in Rating Battles via the PSS and see your results on the Pokémon Global Link! You'll be able to view your own rating, as well as your world ranking for each of the many battle formats available.

In Pokémon X and Pokémon Y, there will be five battle formats for Rating Battles: Single Battle, Double Battle, Triple Battle, Rotation Battle, and the new Special Battle. Rules for Special Battles will change every three months. During the first season, the Special Battle format will be Single Battle, restricted to the Pokémon that were first introduced in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y. The first season is scheduled to begin in late December of this year."

New Rating Battle Etiquette

"After receiving many requests from players who enjoyed battling online with Pokémon Black Version, Pokémon White Version, Pokémon Black Version 2, and Pokémon White Version 2, we have responded by ruling that any Trainer who disconnects from the server in the middle of battle, regardless of reason or circumstance, will have the battle recorded as a loss, and accordingly experience a drop in rating. When you are battling online, please be sure that you have a reliable Internet connection, and play fairly and with consideration for your fellow Trainers!"

#636 Posted by BrunoBRS (73261 posts) -
i hope i can pick individual pieces from each store, instead of a full overhaul. i like some of the individual options, but none of the complete sets they've shown. at least for the guy.
#637 Posted by Nintendo_Ownes7 (30917 posts) -

Here is the latest trailer that includes all that information.

#638 Posted by HowlingLotus (425 posts) -

Everything sounds great, but with only a month away I kind of browsed through most of the recent news.

Still not sure which version to get.... :/

#639 Posted by Nintendo_Ownes7 (30917 posts) -

Everything sounds great, but with only a month away I kind of browsed through most of the recent news.

Still not sure which version to get.... :/

HowlingLotus

Pokémon Exclusive to X

Mega Mewtwo X
Clauncher
Swirlix
Xerneas

Pokémon Exclusive to Y

Mega Mewtwo Y
Skrelp
Spritzee
Yveltal

If you like any of those Pokémon get the version with the Pokémon you like.

#640 Posted by EnoshimaJunko (212 posts) -

i hope i can pick individual pieces from each store, instead of a full overhaul. i like some of the individual options, but none of the complete sets they've shown. at least for the guy.BrunoBRS

The info in Sonictrainer's post says you can pick both individual pieces and complete sets. So no worries.

But I'm having a hard time now waiting until October 12th. Why can't it come faster?

#641 Posted by BrunoBRS (73261 posts) -

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]i hope i can pick individual pieces from each store, instead of a full overhaul. i like some of the individual options, but none of the complete sets they've shown. at least for the guy.EnoshimaJunko

The info in Sonictrainer's post says you can pick both individual pieces and complete sets. So no worries.

But I'm having a hard time now waiting until October 12th. Why can't it come faster?

screenshot makes it look like you can pick either a store's style, its color, or both. though that might be talking about haircuts.
#642 Posted by EnoshimaJunko (212 posts) -

[QUOTE="EnoshimaJunko"]

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]i hope i can pick individual pieces from each store, instead of a full overhaul. i like some of the individual options, but none of the complete sets they've shown. at least for the guy.BrunoBRS

screenshot makes it look like you can pick either a store's style, its color, or both. though that might be talking about haircuts.

Here's the exact quote, which is under the screenshot:"In Pokémon X and Pokémon Y, you'll be able to use the boutiques and the salon that appear in the game to change your outfits and hair style. You can change not only your clothes, but also your hat, shoes, and accessories!"

#643 Posted by TopStarRacer (5732 posts) -

So what's going to become of Stunfisk with Limber now that Electric pokemon can't get paralyzed? Will there be an ability swap if I were to transfer one from Gen V to VI with a new ability or the alternative Static?

#644 Posted by BrunoBRS (73261 posts) -

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="EnoshimaJunko"]

EnoshimaJunko

Here's the exact quote, which is under the screenshot:"In Pokémon X and Pokémon Y, you'll be able to use the boutiques and the salon that appear in the game to change your outfits and hair style. You can change not only your clothes, but also your hat, shoes, and accessories!"

makes it sound like pants and torso are bound together, and no color option. hmm...
#645 Posted by sonictrainer (15184 posts) -

Pokemon Announcement

"Heads up, Trainers! Weve got a surprise for you. Tune in Monday at 8 a.m. PDT for a special announcement!"

#646 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4771 posts) -

I wonder if it has to do with that Gotta Catch 'Em All site. :o

#647 Posted by TopStarRacer (5732 posts) -

I wonder if it has to do with that Gotta Catch 'Em All site. :o

ANIMEguy10034

Most likely...the Pokeball matches that of the website logo/picture.

#648 Posted by Bardock47 (5317 posts) -

quick question: I just got back into pokemon 2 years ago with soulsilver, and I followed it up with Platinum. I havent played any of the fith gen, so is there anyway to get my team from soulsilver/platinum to X/Y without black/white?

#649 Posted by TheShadowLord07 (22141 posts) -

quick question: I just got back into pokemon 2 years ago with soulsilver, and I followed it up with Platinum. I havent played any of the fith gen, so is there anyway to get my team from soulsilver/platinum to X/Y without black/white?

Bardock47

no you need to get the gen 5 games to transfer your pokemon to gen 6. 

#650 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4771 posts) -

Bardock47

No, unfortunately. :( Pokemon Bank + Transporter only seems to work with Black/White (2).

EDIT: Ninja'd. :P