Pokemon X and Y 3DS?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by danyaal99 (1 posts) -
Pokemon X and Y are coming out this year for the 3DS but do you think there's gonna be a limited edition pokemon 3DS bundled with the game? And if not then when do you think there's gonna be a price drop between now and the pokemon XY release?
#2 Posted by darkspineslayer (19743 posts) -
Limited edition bundle? Kinda possible, since US has yet to see that Pikachu console. Price drop, I would say don't expect anything.
#3 Posted by Cloud_765 (111391 posts) -
I doubt there would be a bundle. Nintendo rarely does special bundles like that (and most of the time this is usually Mario, Pokemon tends to never get bundles). I think there could be a Pokemon X/Y-styled 3DS, though. But not a bundle for the game and system.
#4 Posted by yokofox33 (29860 posts) -

I doubt there would be a bundle. Nintendo rarely does special bundles like that (and most of the time this is usually Mario, Pokemon tends to never get bundles). I think there could be a Pokemon X/Y-styled 3DS, though. But not a bundle for the game and system. Cloud_765

Well, considering they just released a Fire Emblem bundle I'd say the chances of one are pretty decent. I'm hoping they at least release a 3DS XL pokemon handheld because I want to upgrade my normal 3DS.

#5 Posted by one_of_panda (487 posts) -

The main reason why you won't see a bundle for Pokemon X and Y is due to the fact that they would have to produce two times the amount of product bundles due to having two games in the series, unless they used their leftover blue (for X) and red stock (for Y), which wouldn't happen. I'm still holding out for either a solid black or solid white 3DS xl to hit the states, I would actually consider getting one and a copy of Pokemon Y if they did that.

#6 Posted by TheReaper32 (186 posts) -

They made DSi Bundles for Black and White. Why not 3DS XL bundles for X and Y. im hoping for one.  They have the Pikachu and Charizard Special editions in Japan.

#7 Posted by bonesawisready5 (4713 posts) -
I'd say its more likely we get a 3DS Lite before a price drop, but cutting the price to $129 would be nice.
#8 Posted by bonesawisready5 (4713 posts) -

The main reason why you won't see a bundle for Pokemon X and Y is due to the fact that they would have to produce two times the amount of product bundles due to having two games in the series, unless they used their leftover blue (for X) and red stock (for Y), which wouldn't happen. I'm still holding out for either a solid black or solid white 3DS xl to hit the states, I would actually consider getting one and a copy of Pokemon Y if they did that.

one_of_panda
They did make special Black/White DSi bundles so,....
#10 Posted by DemiEarthHero (3 posts) -
I doubt there would be a bundle. Nintendo rarely does special bundles like that (and most of the time this is usually Mario, Pokemon tends to never get bundles). I think there could be a Pokemon X/Y-styled 3DS, though. But not a bundle for the game and system. Cloud_765
You might want to do a little research before making such statements. In the US we have had multiple Pokemon system bundles. Most recently we received the Pokemon Black & White DSi system bundles. Before that it was the Pokemon Diamond & Pearl DS lite system bundles. Next we have the Pokemon Crystal Game Boy Advance System bundle, which the Game Boy Color also had a Pokemon Crystal bundle, and who could ever forget the original Pokemon handheld bundle, the limited edition Pokemon Yellow Game Boy Color system bundle! Oh, and there is more, these were just the handheld bundles. GameCube was given a Pokemon bundle release spotlight with the Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness bundle. Also there was a limited edition Pokemon Nintendo 64, and Toys R Us had an exclusive bundle which came with Hey You, Pikachu! So given the true history of Nintendo and their Pokemon bundles, I'd say there is at least a chance of Pokemon X and Y having a bundle set. All the systems I mentioned above were just the bundle sets, the US has also had several other limited edition Pokemon systems that did not come with games, for example the Pikachu Game Boy Advance SP, but we can talk more about those in Pokemon Game History 102. Class dismissed!