Pokemon White 2 won't connect online with 3DS?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Nexozable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Nexozable
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

I've had my 3DS XL for a couple of weeks now, bought a few 3DS games and DS games yestreday.

One of them I got was Pokemon White 2 cuz hell, why not? Now, I seem to be having a problem getting this game online, where is with my other 3ds games, connecting to the internet and playing online works perfectly fine.

Now, the other two games, Dragon Quest 9 and Heart Gold won't work cuz DS games simply don't work with other internet securities other then WEP, understandable.

Now, I did a bit of research and understand that Pokemon White and Black and their sequels work with other securities aside from WEP since they were built around the idea of being played on the DSi.

Okay, so. Whenever when I try to connect to WFC the little box turns green and has full bars on it for a bit before it turns red and gives me a Error Code 52010. I have never had this problem with any of my other 3DS games and the 3DS connects to the net with success every time.

I've tried deleting my internet settings on the 3DS twice and tried entering my IP address manually but I can't seem to get it to work for me at all.

What can I do?

Calvin079

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 Calvin079
Member since 2008 • 16406 Posts

If you bought the game online (through ebay or something) you may have gotten a pirated copy. Does your 3DS XL connect to the internet at all? Without any games, try to connect to a website from your XL. If it doesn't work, it may be Nintendo's fault and you'll have to contact them.

Nexozable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Nexozable

If you bought the game online (through ebay or something) you may have gotten a pirated copy. Does your 3DS XL connect to the internet at all? Without any games, try to connect to a website from your XL. If it doesn't work, it may be Nintendo's fault and you'll have to contact them.

Calvin079

Yeah, I can get on the internet and search the web with no problems at all. And my game isn't pirated, bought it brand new from the local game store I worked at during this Christmas.

metroidfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 metroidfood
Member since 2007 • 11175 Posts

I had problems getting White 2 online (even though my 3DS could get online perfectly) and finally fixed it by setting up a static IP address. You may have to also change some settings on your router to prevent it from auto-assigning your 3DS an IP.

Nexozable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Nexozable

I had problems getting White 2 online (even though my 3DS could get online perfectly) and finally fixed it by setting up a static IP address. You may have to also change some settings on your router to prevent it from auto-assigning your 3DS an IP.

metroidfood

IS there a link similar to that for the UK Nintendo page?

MrNuttyboh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MrNuttyboh
Member since 2008 • 137 Posts

metroidfood

This is your answer.. I had the same prob with the original Pokemon White. You have to go in and manually assign your IP by looking it up on that page metriodfood gave you.

Nexozable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Nexozable

[QUOTE="metroidfood"]

MrNuttyboh

This is your answer.. I had the same prob with the original Pokemon White. You have to go in and manually assign your IP by looking it up on that page metriodfood gave you.

Which I did. I've been trying to figure out the make of the router but I can't seem to find it on the webpage, nor can I find it anywhere on the actual model.

It's one of those BT own brand modems. BT Home Hub 3.0 I believe.

metroidfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 metroidfood
Member since 2007 • 11175 Posts

[QUOTE="MrNuttyboh"]

[QUOTE="metroidfood"]

Nexozable

Which I did. I've been trying to figure out the make of the router but I can't seem to find it on the webpage, nor can I find it anywhere on the actual model.

It's one of those BT own brand modems. BT Home Hub 3.0 I believe.

Maybe try something in here?

Other than that I dunno, Nintendo doesn't seem to have a whole lot of info on it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#9 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts
DSi compatible online games seem to have a compatibility issue with dynamic IPs (which unfortunately, most people these days seem to have); you might want to check your connection settings to see if you have a dynamic IP setting, and switch to a static one to take your Pokemon Black/White series games online.