Pokemon that just look too not like pokemon

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bisonfan2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 bisonfan2010
Member since 2009 • 630 Posts

I don't know what it is...I know red/blue had crazy lookin pokes, but they look more...natural? reallistic? believable? I'm not sure what the word is, but don't you get that vibe that a lot of the pokemon in rby/saph and dppt look almost...too fancy?

Look at Dialga and Palkia....being considered dieties is one thing, but dont they look like they are too much for being pokemon?

Those are just 2 examples and I used them because they are legendaries.
But don't a lot of the newer ones just look...not real? (I know its fake, but imo the gameboy pokes had a more real look instead of cartoony look)
Is it because they use brighter colors? is gamefreak just running out of ideas of pokemon?

I may be alone on this one, but I think gamefreak is just making the game almost too cartoony for my taste.

darksongbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#2 darksongbird
Member since 2009 • 1237 Posts

You're not alone. I only got to like the 3rd gym in Pearl and I thought they had improved over Ruby/Sapphire which was almost horrendous. Yes, they seemed like they were running out of ideas.

And a lot of Pokemon in that game were straight up UG.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#3 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
Member since 2008 • 26108 Posts
Better than 3rd Gen.
smurf_killer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 smurf_killer
Member since 2006 • 827 Posts

i dont know why u mock so much 3rd gen, the 4th was the worst (talking about sprites) and the 1 had a lot of ugly and nowhere near real ones too (mr.mime, jynx, lickitung)

Dgalmun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 Dgalmun
Member since 2009 • 16266 Posts

i dont know why u mock so much 3rd gen, the 4th was the worst (talking about sprites) and the 1 had a lot of ugly and nowhere near real ones too (mr.mime, jynx, lickitung)

smurf_killer

Well without that ugly pokemon this game will not be cool anymore.

1st gen very good

2nd gen best

3rd stupid

4th okay

Sim_genius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 Sim_genius
Member since 2005 • 9562 Posts
I think they've improved the designs. Compared to the ones from gen 1 which were very simple to the ones more complex from gen 4. That doesn't mean that every generation has had one or two pokemon that doesn't fit the game.
Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#7 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts
I liked the 3rd gen more than the 4th gen. 2nd gen was the best imo.
DeadEndPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DeadEndPanda
Member since 2008 • 2358 Posts

you cant expect them to be as perfect as second gen pokemon

they where simply awesome

the_wet_mop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 the_wet_mop
Member since 2006 • 7518 Posts

I think they've improved the designs. Compared to the ones from gen 1 which were very simple to the ones more complex from gen 4. That doesn't mean that every generation has had one or two pokemon that doesn't fit the game. Sim_genius

exactly. behind its mask this is just another "i only like the first gen pokemon games!" threads. IMO they've gotten better over time. the majority of my favorit pokemon (metagross, flygon, gardevior, swellow, slaking, ect) are 3rd gen, and i like quite a few 4th gens as well (porygon z and drapion, to name a couple). admittadly, there are some odd pokemon, but in a strangeness contest, i dont think dialga is even in the same league as mr mime

darksongbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#10 darksongbird
Member since 2009 • 1237 Posts

First gen was fine to me. My faves were one and two.

smurf_killer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 smurf_killer
Member since 2006 • 827 Posts

[QUOTE="smurf_killer"]

Dgalmun

1st gen very good

2nd gen best

3rd stupid

4th okay

i was talking about specifical pokemon, not the whole 1st gen

ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 ZumaJones07
Member since 2005 • 16457 Posts
First and second generations were the best. Starting on the third, it seemed like they were low on ideas. Snorlax = Slaking Rhyhorn/Rhydon = whatever aron turns into there's more, but I forgot all of them because I hate them. :P I just remember playing through Sapphire and noticing a lot of similarities. The fourth generation did okay, but still had some uninspired pokemon. Those three mew looking ones are an example. All the same thing. :?
dragonfly110

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#13 dragonfly110
Member since 2008 • 27955 Posts

the second gen to me had the most believable and cool guys, and I havent played the third in a while but I dont remember anyone in it looking too ridiculous :?

care to refresh my memory with some examples?

Kirbylover90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Kirbylover90
Member since 2009 • 778 Posts
First gen seemed most believable to me
Avatar image for GoldenSun-Zelda
GoldenSun-Zelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 GoldenSun-Zelda
Member since 2009 • 303 Posts

I agree the first 151 pokemon looked awesome. Now we have like birds with musical notes for heads and a cat that is ugly?!?!?! also in red and blue there was one super legendary pokemon (mewtwo) and three legendary birds (articuno, moltres and zapdos) now in the new ones theres like 10 legendaries and 5 super legendaries i cant even tell the differece between legendary and normal becos in red and blue legendaries looked awesome and different from normal pokemon, bt in diamond and pearl every pokemon is f*ck*d up so the legendaries dont stand out

harryone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 harryone1
Member since 2008 • 224 Posts

i also agree pokemon after silver and gold qall were either 2 cute or just stupid

Yoweeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#17 Yoweeh
Member since 2008 • 3025 Posts

[QUOTE="smurf_killer"]

Dgalmun

1st gen very good

2nd gen best

3rd stupid

4th okay

^ What they said.
I_Object

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 I_Object
Member since 2008 • 85 Posts

The 4th gen were just first and second gen but with another name and a newer design.

MetaKnight50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 MetaKnight50
Member since 2008 • 3533 Posts
aaah, this again. People loved the first gen, and flamed the second gen for being a rip-off of the 1st. Then people started to like it again and started hating gen 3 for whatever reason. Now people are still hating on gen 3, and dislike gen 4. Anyways, 3rd,4th,1st,2nd 3rd: It was the most unique game to me. Lots of exploration, lots of caves, lots of different geographic environments, and the pokemon were unique too. 4th: It was pretty cool. Lots of mountains, and snow. Too many legendaries, but it doesnt bother me. 1st: It was pretty much to foundation of Pokemon, but thats pretty much it. The pokemon were original (of course) and had a decent plot. 2nd: I still dont get all the hype for this gen. the plot was pretty much like the 1st, had a 2nd region, and a exclusive shiny. The pokemon were....weak. With Kingdra, Tyranitar, and some others as exceptions of course. But most of the pokemon posed little or no meaning. Quilfish? Dunsparce? Unown? Corsola? Delibird? They need some evos.
Giga-Goomba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#20 Giga-Goomba
Member since 2009 • 237 Posts

Lets not forget that the 3rd gen pokemon brought Ludicolo and mudkip so show some respect.

Ps. Shaymin shouldnt be a legend! It sucks

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#21 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
Member since 2008 • 26108 Posts

Lets not forget that the 3rd gen pokemon brought Ludicolo and mudkip so show some respect.

Ps. Shaymin shouldnt be a legend! It sucks

Giga-Goomba
Shaymin is actually pretty good.