Pokemon Series to "Evolve" in 2013 + Big Announcement coming Jan 8th.

• 70 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/12/game_freak_the_pokemon_world_will_be_evolving_in_2013

So heres something I thought was interesting, in the most recent issue of Japanese magazine, Nintendo Dream, GameFreak has stated that they have plans to "evolve" the Pokemon world, in 2013.

They haven't said what there plans are, but it's interesting that they'd come out and say this, as GameFreak normally go quiet, especially when it comes to Pokemon, until they have a new game ready to announce.

Surely this should mean Pokemon will finally make the move to the 3DS, or maybe even Wii U, next year. But what else could it mean, a move to a new system alone is hardly an evolution.
Prehaps GameFreak plan to completely change the games, get rid of the topdown view and static 2D battles (ok there not static, but compaired to a lot of other modern JRPG's they might as well be) make an open 3D world where even the battles are in 3D.

What do you guys think, how will GameFreaks "evolve" the Pokemon World?

EDIT: It's also been confirmed that on Jan 8th there will be a "Big Announcement" from GameFreak reguarding Pokemon, what'll it be? Black & White 3 (I remember rumors of it been a Trilogy at one point), Ruby & Sapphire remakes (I hope not), Gen 6, or something else entirely?

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

A teaser was revealed at the end of a BW2 trailer in Japan. It states that the next big news regarding Pokemon will be revealed on January 8th. It may be something somewhat disappointing, like another spin-off game, but this is the perfect time for Gamefreak to reveal their next game. The Best Wishes arc is almost to its end in Japan so this may be the reveal of Gen VI.

Pokémon Conquest

I'm pretty confident that the next installments will be in full 3D. To me, Gen V is the bridge to the full 3D pokemon game we have always dreamed about. Everything in the games, besides the pokemon, characters, a few rocks and grass, are 3D models. 3D cutscenes are also becoming frequent in the games.

Castelia Cityhiuncityroyal.pngreshiram.png

I wouldn't be surprised if they reveal 1 or 2 new types. The turn-based gameplay will most likely stay the same, but expanded. I would love to see a change to the story format.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 spike6958
I don't know if people would be too accepting of new types. Sure some have said that there should be "Light" types simply because of us already having Dark Types, but IDK, it worked in Gen 1 because Dark and Steel where pretty much required for balancing issues, but as it stands it's now fine, and adding more types would pretty much destroy the metagame. As for battles themselves, I just want what we have now, but in full 3D, kind of a mix between Final Fantasy IX and Final Fantasy XIII, either way I'm really hoping for Gen 6 to be what comes out of this announcement. Also, if it dosn't turn out to be a main series game, or remake, what I'm really hoping they'll announce is a colab with Capcom to make PokeMonster Hunter a reality.
OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts
Not getting my hopes up.
ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ANIMEguy10034

I'll be happy even if they don't reveal any new types, but what I really want is better IV manipulation. BW2 made EV training a bit less time consuming and I want the same for getting good IVs. Days or even weeks of breeding pokemon is not fun. :(

Also, if it dosn't turn out to be a main series game, or remake, what I'm really hoping they'll announce is a colab with Capcom to make PokeMonster Hunter a reality.spike6958

I love you. Damage_4.gif

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

It's going to be a game for the 3DS

That's it

resevl4rlz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 resevl4rlz
Member since 2005 • 3848 Posts

black and white 3 for NDS

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
ffs gamefreak, stop being cheap bastards and give me that 3d pokemon game ive always wanted
Avatar image for Lebowski__basic
Lebowski__basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Lebowski__basic
Member since 2003 • 1252 Posts
A Pokemon MMO that's cross compatible between Wii U and 3DS.
CrimsonBrute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#10 CrimsonBrute  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 25603 Posts
When I read the words 'pokemon' and 'evolve' the pokemon is evolving theme immediately popped into my mind.
fgjnfgh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 fgjnfgh
Member since 2005 • 2649 Posts

what I'd really like is another BW game so we get the full triology and then a remake for 3rd gen with alot of changes (3D graphics, battle in 3D, exculsive on 3DS,etc..). 6th gen is really early

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts
I would think, that over the years, people would have learned, what devs constitute has a huge announcement, isn't always that huge to anyone but them. I think we've been down this road with Pokemon specifically before.
Avatar image for GreekGameManiac
GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 GreekGameManiac
Member since 2010 • 6439 Posts

I would think, that over the years, people would have learned, what devs constitute has a huge announcement, isn't always that huge to anyone but them. I think we've been down this road with Pokemon specifically before. Sepewrath

For once,i completely agree wth Sep.

Come on ppl,what are we here,little kids?

No.

Pokemon will NEVER evolve as much as we want it to.

Sadly.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14 AvatarMan96
Member since 2010 • 7324 Posts
When I read the words 'pokemon' and 'evolve' the pokemon is evolving theme immediately popped into my mind.F22_King_Raptor
Love that theme <3
Euaggelistes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Euaggelistes
Member since 2009 • 1826 Posts

Generation six pleeeeeease.

OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts

[QUOTE="Sepewrath"]I would think, that over the years, people would have learned, what devs constitute has a huge announcement, isn't always that huge to anyone but them. I think we've been down this road with Pokemon specifically before. GreekGameManiac

For once,i completely agree wth Sep.

Come on ppl,what are we here,little kids?

No.

Pokemon will NEVER evolve as much as we want it to.

Sadly.

Yeah, I'm expecting this to be an announcement of 15 new legendaries. Each with 12 different forms and all of them badly designed.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#17 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts
I'm assuming a 3D pokemon game will be announced. It'll be sad to see the sprites go. That was where most of the charm was.
Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#18 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

I'd like the "Big announcement" to be a refined console game like Pokemon XD. (Except it's more like the main series instead of so focused on battling all the time.) It'd be interesting.

Moloch121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Moloch121
Member since 2008 • 677 Posts
The turn-based gameplay will most likely stay the same, but expanded. I would love to see a change to the story format.ANIMEguy10034
Man would I love to see Gamefreak take some ideas from Fallout on turn based combat. I think movement should be implemented. I'm probably alone in this. FYI I mean Fallout 1 and 2.
metroidfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 metroidfood
Member since 2007 • 11175 Posts

[QUOTE="ANIMEguy10034"] The turn-based gameplay will most likely stay the same, but expanded. I would love to see a change to the story format.Moloch121
Man would I love to see Gamefreak take some ideas from Fallout on turn based combat. I think movement should be implemented. I'm probably alone in this. FYI I mean Fallout 1 and 2.

Didn't they basically do that with Pokemon Conquest?

Edit: Mystery Dungeon too.

Moloch121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Moloch121

[QUOTE="Moloch121"][QUOTE="ANIMEguy10034"] The turn-based gameplay will most likely stay the same, but expanded. I would love to see a change to the story format.metroidfood

Didn't they basically do that with Pokemon Conquest?

Edit: Mystery Dungeon too.

Never played them. Just got my 3DS.
spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 spike6958
[QUOTE="ANIMEguy10034"] The turn-based gameplay will most likely stay the same, but expanded. I would love to see a change to the story format.Moloch121

No, they'd never do that. They'd pretty much kill off there competitive fan base doing something like that, the battle system needs to remain as it is for the main series games, the only changes to the battle system should be the moving it into fully animated 3D battles (kind of an evolved form of the Collosseum and XD battles) instead of the sprites. Different styles of battles, which, as metroidfood said, have been used in both Pokemon Mystery Dungeon and Pokemon Conquest, should stay exclusive to the spin-off's and the main series should stick with the classic battle system, especially when so few games use it anymore.
Moloch121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Moloch121
I personally wouldn't call the move from sprite to 3D revolutionary maybe I'm just hoping for something more.
elchiquilin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 elchiquilin
Member since 2005 • 1318 Posts
Friends that are bigger poke fans than me are speculating a 3rd game on the black and white saga for the 3DS. I am praying this is not the case, since this is a new console a percentage of gamers, albeit small (myself included) have not played the B&W Games (I will do so soon, but still). What im hoping for is a revamped new adventure with a twist that somehow uses the 3DS capabilities.
Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts
Ultra Super Pokemon Rumble Blast: 3 times the charm! *pukes*
fgjnfgh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 fgjnfgh
Member since 2005 • 2649 Posts

The battle system is missing the distance factor. All attacks have distance to cover like earthquake takes up the whole area scene or like close combat attack that you need to be in close range with your opponent or like vine whip that can be mid or long range attack depending on the evolution of your pokemon. All attacks are dependable on the evolution of your pokemon, for example bullbasaur's vine whip is a mid range attack, but his evolution form ivysuar's vine whip is a long range attack. That's revolution indeed and we might see it in 70 years from now.

GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 GreekGameManiac

I personally wouldn't call the move from sprite to 3D revolutionary maybe I'm just hoping for something more.Moloch121

:s are you ppl dumb?

They already moved to 3D,in B/W & B/W2

Just not the kind of 3D we NEED.

>_>

metroidfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 metroidfood

The battle system is missing the distance factor. All attacks have distance to cover like earthquake takes up the whole area scene or like close combat attack that you need to be in close range with your opponent or like vine whip that can be mid or long range attack depending on the evolution of your pokemon. All attacks are dependable on the evolution of your pokemon, for example bullbasaur's vine whip is a mid range attack, but his evolution form ivysuar's vine whip is a long range attack. That's revolution indeed and we might see it in 70 years from now.

fgjnfgh

They already have double and triple battles which function similarly to this.

Really, they don't need to introduce any new forms of battle, just strengthen the ones they already have. I'd love to see a story mode that allowed you to battle all trainers and gyms in single or double battles. Also, selectable difficulty levels from the start.

JaeMatthews65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 JaeMatthews65
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
I really hope we get more games like Colosseum and XD, but on a portable console. But it'll probably be something stupid like Pokemon Gray and Gray 2, or some new online feature or something.
Avatar image for nintendofreak_2
nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#30 nintendofreak_2
Member since 2005 • 25896 Posts

I don't know what to expect honestly.

As for the battle system thing, they really can't change much about with how big the metagame is unless they do it in spin offs. I'd honestly like to see something a little more involved that what we have. Most people would probably laugh at this, but the Megaman Battle Network games had a pretty good set up to their battle systems and I think a turn based version to this could really work (think Radiant Historia but the grid is on both sides). A grid for each side where a Pokemon's size is taken into account and where an attack has an area of effect (like in Pokemon Conquest) could really mix things up. Being able to move around the grid freely and attack on the same turn could really make battles a little more interesting, and speed could help determine how many spaces a Pokemon could move.

And for whatever reason exists that a PokeMonster Hunter hasn't been created, it does need to happen. If it's a spin off it's not going to piss off any of the metagamers and it would be guaranteed to sell millions giving a profit pretty much regardless of the cost for producing the game. Whatever battle system they decide to go with on that, MMO or otherwise, would be sure to great so long as they keep multiple attacks. I honestly think Pokemon Rumble is a step in the right direction. If it allowed for multiple attacks and wasn't so Dynsasty Warriors-esque it'd be pretty darn good.

Avatar image for Soulreavercross
Soulreavercross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#31 Soulreavercross
Member since 2003 • 19890 Posts
I'm going to temporarily sticky this. Keep the discussions and speculations alive.
ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ANIMEguy10034

Oooooh SNAP!

The US Pokemon website posted this note:

Pokemon_Big_News4_Days_Til_Jan8th.jpg

This "big" announcement is international. :shock: Get ready for glorious hype or major disappointment.

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ANIMEguy10034

Pokemon

UJANMFSGJKMNFSAGJKSFMAGFSH

clixshper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 clixshper
Member since 2005 • 545 Posts

Well i think the Wii U is a perfect console for Pokemon to move from the portable device to the console (3D SPG style) what majority of people want. Or a conntection between 3DS to Wii U to co-work with eachother.

Im always up for new big Pokemon news, good or bad.

But i think its slowly time to actually more from the sprites/pixel graphical way to a more rendered 3D world. With them saying Pokemon is "evolving" It could mean something to do with that, evolve from 3D sprites to 3D rendered graphics. As i said, the Wii U would be a good console to start on. You could possibly move a sprite on a top down map on the Gamepad whilst moves 3D on the TV. Pokemon is designed for 2 screens.

Something with more multiplayer elements too would be nice, more community and online social activities. (Yes i know they want people to people interaction with Pokemon) - but not many people do that nowadays, well here anyway where i live. Everything is Online.

Avatar image for Defy_The_Fallen
Defy_The_Fallen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Defy_The_Fallen
Member since 2011 • 621 Posts

Marked the date on my calendar even though there's only 3 days left, HYPE :D

I'm hoping it's something 3DS related, though if it's Gen VI i'll most likely be dissapointed depending on what they come out with. It's too soon to introduce a new region and roster of pokémon. I'm hoping any remake or reimaginining of some sort for the 3DS. Whether it be a main series games or one of the spin offs (besides Mystery Dungeon, that's coming soon), like Pokémon Ranger or a new Conquest for example.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 spike6958

Marked the date on my calendar even though there's only 3 days left, HYPE :D

I'm hoping it's something 3DS related, though if it's Gen VI i'll most likely be dissapointed depending on what they come out with. It's too soon to introduce a new region and roster of pokémon. I'm hoping any remake or reimaginining of some sort for the 3DS. Whether it be a main series games or one of the spin offs (besides Mystery Dungeon, that's coming soon), like Pokémon Ranger or a new Conquest for example.

Defy_The_Fallen
The news is coming from GameFreak, so It has to be main series related, as they only work on those titles. As much as I don't want them, it'll probably end up been Gen 3 remakes (which will kill my interest in the series, just like the original Gen 3 games did), I'd love to see Gen 6 instead, but I agree it does feel too early for it.
Avatar image for Defy_The_Fallen
Defy_The_Fallen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Defy_The_Fallen
Member since 2011 • 621 Posts

The news is coming from GameFreak, so It has to be main series related, as they only work on those titles. As much as I don't want them, it'll probably end up been Gen 3 remakes (which will kill my interest in the series, just like the original Gen 3 games did), I'd love to see Gen 6 instead, but I agree it does feel too early for it.spike6958

Mmm... good point. Without sparking an all out rage-fest, could I ask what it is about Gen III you don't like? From my point of view, it was the first pokémon games as a child in which I could actually start to understand what everything meant, which added a level of immersion to it for me. Don't get me wrong, I played Gen I and II before, but I was very young, I never really had much interest in anything apart from "beat up the other pokémon with mine". And I think the introduction of Gen VI would ruin it for me personally, as Gen III seemed to have done for you.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 spike6958

[QUOTE="spike6958"]The news is coming from GameFreak, so It has to be main series related, as they only work on those titles. As much as I don't want them, it'll probably end up been Gen 3 remakes (which will kill my interest in the series, just like the original Gen 3 games did), I'd love to see Gen 6 instead, but I agree it does feel too early for it.Defy_The_Fallen

Mmm... good point. Without sparking an all out rage-fest, could I ask what it is about Gen III you don't like? From my point of view, it was the first pokémon games as a child in which I could actually start to understand what everything meant, which added a level of immersion to it for me. Don't get me wrong, I played Gen I and II before, but I was very young, I never really had much interest in anything apart from "beat up the other pokémon with mine". And I think the introduction of Gen VI would ruin it for me personally, as Gen III seemed to have done for you.

Well for me Gen 1 I was able to understand it just fine, and Gen 2 improved on everything. With Gen 3 I do think they improved the games mechanics it was the Pokemon themselves that made me dislike, out of all the 3rd Gen Pokemon the only one's I like is the Ralts family (Gardevoir is actually my favorite Psychic type Pokemon), every other Pokemon introduced that gen I can't stand, also the region design and Pokemon distribution is just awful, the last half of the game is spend doing pretty much nothing but surfing, and with nothing to train against but wild Water types(ok, probably more like last 3rd, but it drags on for so long it feels like half the game). I disliked it so much that I actually got rid of pretty much everything Pokemon related I owned at the time, including my , at the time, complete set of Pokemon Cards and my Pokemon Crystal that had a legit complete "Living" Pokedex (got a legit Mew and Celebi from events in Japan while on Holiday there). When 4th Gen started I decided I wanted to give it a try again and I loved it (Gen 4 is my second favorite after Gen 2), and Gen 5 too (Gen 5 has MUCH better Pokemon than Gen 3, aside from the Ice Cream Cone), Gen 3 remakes probably wouldn't kill my enjoyment of Pokemon this time, like the originals did, in fact since coming back to Pokemon I actually enjoy it more now than I did back then, but I wouldn't even consider buying Gen 3 remakes and would be very disappointed if that's what this turns out to be.
ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ANIMEguy10034

If we do see a Gen III remake, I better see a "Press B to Surf faster" feature. :P Actually, I better see the feature in the next game even if it doesn't take place in Hoenn.

GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 GreekGameManiac

Pokemon?

Evolve?

What a joke!

Pls don't make bad jokes.

>_>

Lord Freeza don't like bad jokes

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ANIMEguy10034

Another speculation:

Triva Time Pokemon Twitter Jan6th2013

Could they be hinting at a new Eeveelution in light of the announcement coming Tuesday? Ash is currently battling in the Unova League (in Japan) and one of the contenders, Virgil, owns an Eevee and all of its evolutions. Could we see his Eevee evolve into a new Eeveelution during the League? Blaziken was first introduced in the Johto League, after all. There have been many Eeveelution promotions these past few months, and the Genesect movie is also going to feature an Eevee mini-movie, so could this all be leading to a new Eeveelution or is this all just a happy coincidence? I don't know for sure, but it's all just a tad too convenient to not be leading up to something in my opinion...

PokeBeach

+ the announcement is on the 8th and if they do reveal a new eeveelution, it will be the 8th one.

Moloch121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Moloch121

This it it.

PKMN Crossing

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 spike6958

This it it.

PKMN Crossing

Moloch121
LOL, as much as I like both these series, I really hope it's not.
spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 spike6958
Some proper info here guys. Tomorrow at 11am GMT, 6am EST and 8pm in Japan, Satoru Iwata is going to be hosting a special 10 minute "Pokemon Direct" to make the big announcement. The truly interesting thing is that everywhere is getting this announcement at the same time, where as usually anything Pokemon related is announced first in Japan and then later they confirm an English release, so for them to be doing this it must be something pretty big, perhaps bigger than just the games, either way it should be interesting to finally see what's going on. (maybe this'll be linked to all those clips of Iwata and Reggie holding fruit)
metroidfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 metroidfood

Some proper info here guys. Tomorrow at 11am GMT, 6am EST and 8pm in Japan, Satoru Iwata is going to be hosting a special 10 minute "Pokemon Direct" to make the big announcement. The truly interesting thing is that everywhere is getting this announcement at the same time, where as usually anything Pokemon related is announced first in Japan and then later they confirm an English release, so for them to be doing this it must be something pretty big, perhaps bigger than just the games, either way it should be interesting to finally see what's going on. (maybe this'll be linked to all those clips of Iwata and Reggie holding fruit)spike6958

iwatabananas.gif

Avatar image for Lebowski__basic
Lebowski__basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Lebowski__basic
Member since 2003 • 1252 Posts
Anyone else getting up early to see the 6AM announcement? Lucky for me, I'll already be up at that time.
ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 ANIMEguy10034

I usually wake up at 6am, but I'm waking up at 5:15 to prepare myself. :P

Twitter Pokemoninreallife

Could this be hinting AR support? :o

metroidfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 metroidfood

I usually wake up at 6am, but I'm waking up at 5:15 to prepare myself. :P

Twitter Pokemoninreallife

Could this be hinting AR support? :o

ANIMEguy10034

You're reaching. :P

Though if this is hinting at anything I hope it's a return to Pokemon walking alongside you a la HGSS.

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 ANIMEguy10034

You're reaching. :Pmetroidfood
I can't help myself. I'm on the one-way express hype train. :P

1024.jpg?md=1356855873000

metroidfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 metroidfood

[QUOTE="metroidfood"]You're reaching. :PANIMEguy10034

I can't help myself. I'm on the one-way express hype train. :P

You and charizard. I fear for your safety if they announce Pokemon Battle Revolution 2 tomorrow. :P