Pokemon rpg for Wii U is needed and with in game purchases!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Garydbz25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Garydbz25
Member since 2013 • 157 Posts

So the Wii u needs a massive boost in sales right. I know pokemon suits the handheld better at this moment in time but it needs to be given the chance for a home console release and I am not talking about the poor gamecube titles!. A full pokemon game rpg should come to the wii u it should have in game purchases in it. Think of android and facebook games right... you can play it and enjoy the basics of the game but if you want premium you pay money for items/money in game so you can get better things. I think this should be in the Wii U version of an rpg pokemon game for example. It should be very limited in terms of catching pokemon and requires you to link it up to x or y on the 3ds. But if you don't have x or y you can purchase in game items such as pokeballs and masterballs..... a pack of 10 pokeballs could be 2.99 dollers or 1 masterball could be 2.99..... get the picture???.. I think it would work great as everyone will want to catch them all with or without pokemon y and x... I mean if crappy facebook games can make lots of money then why can't nintendo. Thoughts?

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#2 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

I was on board with your idea.............. until you suggested in game purchases like mobile and facebook.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#3  Edited By turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

Would not play Pokemon with microtransactions.

Garydbz25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Garydbz25
Member since 2013 • 157 Posts

@speedfreak48t5p said:

I was on board with your idea.............. until you suggested in game purchases like mobile and facebook.

Hey it's just an idea. So what would you suggest?

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#5 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

@Garydbz25 said:

@speedfreak48t5p said:

Hey it's just an idea. So what would you suggest?

No in app purchases. EVER

How about a way to visit all the regions somehow?

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

You want a full Pokemon RPG on the Wii U but have it "very limited in terms of catching pokemon" so they can add microtransactions? That sounds horrible. At least have it as a optional short-cut for obtaining those items while keeping virtual currency. Microtransactions work for Facebook games because the games are cheap and free, and it's available for the 1.19 billion Facebook users.

As for suggestions, there's not much I can say. As much as some people want it, a Pokemon RPG will not push Wii U console sales. Gamefreak knows it's not worth their time. Nintendo delivered everyone's request by releasing Colosseum and XD, but it was not exactly the console Pokemon RPG most people were hoping for because it was developed by Genius Sonority instead. Pokemon sells best on handhelds, especially in Japan. Now that the 3DS is capable of having full 3D Pokemon games, there's very little reason for Gamefreak to use their resources on a full console game for a smaller market.