pokemon platinum-how to get into Canalave City?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

anothergale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 anothergale
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
I'm posting this for my son. He said he can't get into Canalave City because two people are blocking it. He has picked berries, surfed and battled the fishermen, got the hyper potion, and went back to the main land. But the gatehouse is blocked by two people. Can someone help? thanks
TriniPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 TriniPlayer
Member since 2009 • 7722 Posts
I can't know for sure what's the problem but i would still try to help you out.What are the two people saying when you talk to them?
Hegna1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Hegna1
Member since 2007 • 6118 Posts

Guides FTW?

Just click on any of the ones that say walkthrough, they should all answer your question.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
well, you could've searched for a walkthrough, but here it goes: if he already has the first 5 badges, he'll be able to use surf outside of battles. teach a pokemon surf, and go to jubilife city. go all the way up (without leaving the city) and then left, to the "fishing spot". then use surf there and go all the way left. in pokemon pearl that's it, you'd get to canalave. but i'm not sure if there's some sort of special event in platinum...
anothergale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 anothergale
Thanks-I did find a walkthrough and he did the portion before Canalave city but said the people are still there. I guess I will have to have him go through the entire walkthrough and see if he missed something. He's playing outside right now so when he comes back in I'll give him all the suggestions here and also print out the walkthrough we were using (or one of the others posted if they're better) and maybe he can figure it out.
TriniPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 TriniPlayer
Member since 2009 • 7722 Posts
Thanks-I did find a walkthrough and he did the portion before Canalave city but said the people are still there. I guess I will have to have him go through the entire walkthrough and see if he missed something. He's playing outside right now so when he comes back in I'll give him all the suggestions here and also print out the walkthrough we were using (or one of the others posted if they're better) and maybe he can figure it out. anothergale
good luck with that and i hope that he gets through with it.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
Thanks-I did find a walkthrough and he did the portion before Canalave city but said the people are still there. I guess I will have to have him go through the entire walkthrough and see if he missed something. He's playing outside right now so when he comes back in I'll give him all the suggestions here and also print out the walkthrough we were using (or one of the others posted if they're better) and maybe he can figure it out. anothergale
maybe he's going to sunyshore by mistake. sunyshore is close to the hotel and has 2 guys blocking the passage.
Burning-Sludge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Burning-Sludge
Member since 2008 • 4068 Posts

You know there are whole websites for this and there are many completed FAQs for this. If this keeps up I am going to make my first blog post.

anothergale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 anothergale

You know there are whole websites for this and there are many completed FAQs for this. If this keeps up I am going to make my first blog post.

Burning-Sludge
You know, thanks anyway. I've done several google searches and my 10 year old son spent a long time looking for it but we couldn't find a solution. I finally told him I'd ask the people here because I've gotten help here with something else before. I did several searches here before I asked. I guess if people don't want to help, you can just move on. If there are whole websites and completed FAQs I'd love to see links but if you don't want to post them, fine. I do want to thank everyone who tried to help and offered good luck wishes. I'll ask him about sunnyshore tomorrow. He's played diamond and pearl a lot (and most of the gba pokemon games) so hopefully he can get this figured out.
Burning-Sludge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Burning-Sludge
Member since 2008 • 4068 Posts

[QUOTE="Burning-Sludge"]

anothergale

You know, thanks anyway. I've done several google searches and my 10 year old son spent a long time looking for it but we couldn't find a solution. I finally told him I'd ask the people here because I've gotten help here with something else before. I did several searches here before I asked. I guess if people don't want to help, you can just move on. If there are whole websites and completed FAQs I'd love to see links but if you don't want to post them, fine. I do want to thank everyone who tried to help and offered good luck wishes. I'll ask him about sunnyshore tomorrow. He's played diamond and pearl a lot (and most of the gba pokemon games) so hopefully he can get this figured out.

I'll tell you straght this time. You go from Jubilife to Canalave. You go out through the western exit of Jubilife. You go on route 218. You have to surf. If you have troble getting out of Jubilife follow the roads. And here is a free tip, When playing a role playing game explore and talk to people especially when you get something new that allows you to go to more places. Here is another tip, When lost look at map.

scroogle598

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 scroogle598
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

I'm in exactly the same situation as this poster. I know this is more than 6 months old but I'm having trouble getting my son to the right spot as well.

We're surfing fine, own 5 badges, and the map says we're just about to enter Canalave City, but there a few people infront of their Pokemon just standing there. All they talk about is how good their Clefairy's and Pikachu's are - and there's no was to pass. I'm definitely on route 218.

I'm thinking the problem here is that I haven't played the game at all until this point, so there may be something major that he's missed earlier in the game but he claims he's done it all; again he also has 5 badges.

I'm guessing all that needs to be done here is find an event to trigger and the way will become clear. Any idea what this might be?