Pointing on screen right where you point.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mattbrw08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 mattbrw08
Member since 2004 • 771 Posts

In call of duty 3 (which i love for wii)  there is only 1 thing that i think nintendo could make better for games especially like this.  that is when you point at a certain part of the screen the target is always a little higher or lower because of where the sensor bar is.  I wish they could make it so the exact spot you point on the screen is where the target is.    It is really not that big of a deal but does anyone agree with me.

Banjo4321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Banjo4321
Member since 2003 • 6229 Posts
That's not going to happen. The sensor bar is reading your movements, not the TV.
danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 danneswegman
Member since 2005 • 12937 Posts
almost impossible, unless they come up with a calibrating system that works for any distance, screen size, sensor bar position, etc.. It's difficult because you actually aim at the sensor bar and not at the tv (or actually, the wiimote picksup infrared signals FROM the sensor bar)
Kikouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 Kikouken
Member since 2006 • 15913 Posts
1:1 movements aren't easy.
Rosencrantz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Rosencrantz
Member since 2003 • 8148 Posts

In call of duty 3 (which i love for wii)  there is only 1 thing that i think nintendo could make better for games especially like this.  that is when you point at a certain part of the screen the target is always a little higher or lower because of where the sensor bar is.  I wish they could make it so the exact spot you point on the screen is where the target is.    It is really not that big of a deal but does anyone agree with me.

mattbrw08

How can you even see where on screen you are pointing to that precise a degree.  I mean, I play Trauma Centre and not once have I noticed, seen or felt that i was pointing somewhere different from where the pointer shows on screen.  Not once.   So unless you are holding the controller up to your face or sitting way too close to the TV (which won't work anyway) then I don't get the problem.   It's like saying the mouse you use isn't in the exact place as the pointer on your monitor.  It's all perception and thanks to hand-eye coordination, you don't need it to be exact.  Your perception is that it works.

aransom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 aransom
Member since 2002 • 7408 Posts

That's not going to happen. The sensor bar is reading your movements, not the TV.Banjo4321

Your wrong in a few places.  1) the sensor bar doesn't read anything.  It just has LEDs that are always on. 2) the remote sees the sensor bar, but it uses the information not to measure movement, but to determine the remote's position in respect to the sensor bar.  3) Zelda TP allows you adjust for the size of your TV and the distance between the sensor bar and your TV so you can point the remote at the screen.  The Wii setup doesn't give you access to such detailed settings, but any other game can do the same as Zelda. 

nintendogamer6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 nintendogamer6
Member since 2006 • 1772 Posts
If its that bad you may just be to close to the TV