PLZ HELP! Questions about Nintendo Network ID and Transfers!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-64767db757c63
deactivated-64767db757c63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-64767db757c63
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts

I just got my New Nintendo 3DS today but my 32gb SD card comes tomorrow so I can't really do anything on it yet but also there's some stuff I have to make sure of first anyway.

Here are my questions, please answer if you can:

I have a Japanese LL but haven't signed up for a Nintendo Network ID and thus do not have one connected to that LL, regardless, I have purchased many non-free games from the eShop both before and after a Network ID was needed to download free stuff.

I have read however that if I make paid purchases from a Nintendo Network ID then those purchases will be connected to the ID and not just the console I bought them from, meaning if I ever lost the console I could redownload the games at no further cost on a new console that I connect the my Nintendo ID.

Q1: If I sign up for a Nintendo Network ID now on my Japanese LL, will all the purhcases I have already made be connected to that new ID so that if I ever lost my console I could redownload them at no further cost on to another one?

Q2: Is there any problem with me signing up for a Japanese Nintendo Network ID even though I am not in Japan and got the system shipped in? Will Nintendo use this as an excuse to brick my console?

Q3: A bit of a strange question but related to the previous. I may want to tweet (/other social media post) about my New 3DS and also make videos and stuff about the games I play on it. Is there a problem with this or showing off my Network ID in the videos? If Nintendo see it will they brick my console if it becomes apparent that I imported it and am playing Japanese games from another region?

Q4: After signing up for a Nintendo Network ID and attaching it to my LL, can I transfer it to my New 3DS tomorrow or is there some kind of minimum time I have to wait to transfer it between consoles?

That's all I can think of for now but those are the major questions I wanted to ask so if any of you guys out there could answer them I would very much appreciate it!

Thank You

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

This is why I avoid eshop and DD titles with Nintendo. Definitely enjoy their physical games though.

Good luck to you my fellow gaming friend on your issues.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bbbfd7e351ba
deactivated-5bbbfd7e351ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3 deactivated-5bbbfd7e351ba
Member since 2014 • 322 Posts
  1. Technically, this should be the case. There's no harm in trying. If anything, contact Nintendo
  2. They won't, as long as it's between a Japanese 3DS LL and New 3DS from Japan, there shouldn't be issues transferring
  3. This should be a non-issue.
  4. You don't have to wait, though I think you have a limit of 5 system transfers.