Please Help me!!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by imsothick (1 posts) -
Hi all... Iv had to join a gaming forum as I am so completely lost with the whole 'Wii U' thing.. My husband wants to gt my daughter one for Christmas as she has asked for a Wii, however, the only Wii she has ever played is the old one at a friend house playing just dance etc.. Now, as boring as that may seem for you all, thats all my daughter is going to want this for. So... Heres the $64,000 question.... Do you play Just dance with those remote things like you would on the old Wii? or is it motion sensor like the Kinect? I dont know what accesories to buy if say two people want to play just dance at the same time. The other game she will want is Mario.. Do you use the game pad thing or a separate controller??? AAAAHHH I JUST DONT GET IT.. PLEASE HELP! Thank you!!!
#2 Posted by WreckEm711 (6922 posts) -

Hi all... Iv had to join a gaming forum as I am so completely lost with the whole 'Wii U' thing.. My husband wants to gt my daughter one for Christmas as she has asked for a Wii, however, the only Wii she has ever played is the old one at a friend house playing just dance etc.. Now, as boring as that may seem for you all, thats all my daughter is going to want this for. So... Heres the $64,000 question.... Do you play Just dance with those remote things like you would on the old Wii? or is it motion sensor like the Kinect? I dont know what accesories to buy if say two people want to play just dance at the same time. The other game she will want is Mario.. Do you use the game pad thing or a separate controller??? AAAAHHH I JUST DONT GET IT.. PLEASE HELP! Thank you!!!imsothick

First, how old is your daughter? If all she's going to want to play with it are games like Just Dance and Mario, you're much better off buying her an original Nintendo Wii, which is less than half the cost of a Wii U and has a ton of games out for it already. The Wii comes with a sensor bar and a Wii remote, and you can buy a second Wii remote if she wants to play Just Dance with a friend. (You can have up to four wii remotes total for people to play with at the same time in the Just Dance games) The Wii already has Just Dance 1, 2, 3, 4 and a few of the spinoffs like Summer Hits on it, and good family Mario games like New Super Mario Bros. Wii.

Now, you CAN play original Wii games on the Wii U, but you can only play them with the Wii remotes, not the Gamepad, so if you buy a Wii U you're going to need to buy Wii Motion Plus remotes (Regular Wii Remotes cant be used on the Wii U), one remote for each person that is going to want to play.

#3 Posted by Cesar_Barba (3665 posts) -

If I may add to what WreckEm711 added, which is very proper and thorough information. There are two versions of Just Dance 4 for the Wii and the Wii U. The Wii U version allows one person to select the dance routines at random with the game pad. Each dancer will still need to use a Wii remote with motion plus. The select a dance routine via the game pad is just an added bonus. Also, as far as the Mario games go, there are a few out for Wii, it is believed however that Nintendo will only make the newer Mario games for the Wii U, and pretty much any game from now on. So if you are thinking ahead to the future, the Wii U might be a good choice. Chances are your daughter may become interested in other upcoming games such as the new Yoshi's Island.

#4 Posted by AlmightyDerek (4144 posts) -

If I may add to what WreckEm711 added, which is very proper and thorough information. There are two versions of Just Dance 4 for the Wii and the Wii U. The Wii U version allows one person to select the dance routines at random with the game pad. Each dancer will still need to use a Wii remote with motion plus. The select a dance routine via the game pad is just an added bonus. Also, as far as the Mario games go, there are a few out for Wii, it is believed however that Nintendo will only make the newer Mario games for the Wii U, and pretty much any game from now on. So if you are thinking ahead to the future, the Wii U might be a good choice. Chances are your daughter may become interested in other upcoming games such as the new Yoshi's Island.

Cesar_Barba
That's not just believed that their won't be any more Mario games for the Wii it is confirmed. Nintendo isn't making any more games for the original Wii. But most of information on here is right. If all she wants is Just Dance and Mario a Wii would be a cheaper option as it has a few Mario games and several Just Dance games all which use Wii remotes. Now Mario U will only work on the Wii U and can use either the gamepad or a Wii remote. Also there is a Wii U version of Just Dance 4 which also requires Wii remotes. If you get an original Wii it will come with one remote, the Wii U doesn't come with any. The Wii would be the cheaper course but the Wii U is a new system with new games coming out for it so I guess it depends on what's more important.