PLEASE HEEEELLLP MMEEE!!!it's consirning wifi.....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

da2730da

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 da2730da
Member since 2005 • 1390 Posts

well,i read in the manual that theres a thing that you can just connect to your wii and connect the other end to your modem and you can do wifi....what on earth is it and where do i buy it?i REALLY WANT TO PLAY VC GAMES..!!!i saw one person buy it in ebgames(i have no idea what it is or how much because i couldn';t hear it,but i heard the person say  something about using this to connect to wifi with the wii,and he took the thing out and it was like a cord...)

so i really want this thing...any idea?(and the thins is on page 53 of the manual,it looks like a charger, but the guy who bought it in ebgames was just a cord without the big thing)

captainalpha1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 captainalpha1
Member since 2004 • 765 Posts

What you should buy is a wireless router, which is sold at most retailers. You connect it to your computer, and it sends a wireless signal to your wii. This is waht mine looks like.

Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Duckman5
Member since 2006 • 18934 Posts

What you should buy is a wireless router, which is sold at most retailers. You connect it to your computer, and it sends a wireless signal to your wii. This is waht mine looks like.

captainalpha1

I got the same one and it works great and very fast too. Get it. 50 bucks at wal-mart

Newsboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#4 Newsboy
Member since 2004 • 6534 Posts
Linksys WRT54G, the most popular residential wireless router and also one of the best. $50 plus tax anywhere and worth every penny. I have mine upstairs and my Wii downstairs about 60 feet away and I've never had a connection problem.
Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Duckman5
I think you have sufficient evidence TC to buy the Linksys router. By the way I would not recommend the Wifi max or Nintendo brand connection point for 2 reasons. 1. your computer always has to be on to use it. 2. because you get a little pop up every 2 minutes saying you are now connected and there is no way to turn that off. 
captainalpha1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 captainalpha1
Member since 2004 • 765 Posts
Yeah, it's definately worth it. One of the best decisiond I've made for my wii and my DS.
nintendogamer6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 nintendogamer6
Member since 2006 • 1772 Posts

Yes, get it no doubt!

iand the wifi its self is free and easy to use

da2730da

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 da2730da

hm......well i have 70bucks that i'm saving for pokemon diamond and yugioh..........

well if i get it...is it easy to use?my computer is so slow it takes about 5 minutes to get on gamespot...will that work?my computer is really slow but it does work...help please because i do not want to waste 50 bucks on noting..

Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Duckman5

hm......well i have 70bucks that i'm saving for pokemon diamond and yugioh..........

well if i get it...is it easy to use?my computer is so slow it takes about 5 minutes to get on gamespot...will that work?my computer is really slow but it does work...help please because i do not want to waste 50 bucks on noting..

da2730da

I works and is extremely easy. Just put the disc in and follow the 7 steps and you will be done in minutes.Just make sure when it tells you what channel to set it to put it on channel 1 or 11, otherwise it won't work with the Wii.
da2730da

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 da2730da
[QUOTE="da2730da"]

Duckman5

I works and is extremely easy. Just put the disc in and follow the 7 steps and you will be done in minutes.Just make sure when it tells you what channel to set it to put it on channel 1 or 11, otherwise it won't work with the Wii.

well will it work with my computer?i have fast access dsl from bellsouth...

Newsboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#11 Newsboy
Member since 2004 • 6534 Posts
Do you have broadband internet? I think that's important.
da2730da

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 da2730da

Do you have broadband internet? I think that's important. Newsboy

i have no idea what broad band means....i have dsl from bellsouth

XxLoStxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 XxLoStxX
Member since 2005 • 576 Posts
[QUOTE="captainalpha1"]

Duckman5

I got the same one and it works great and very fast too. Get it. 50 bucks at wal-mart

Exact same one I use.
gatsbythepig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 gatsbythepig
Member since 2003 • 11925 Posts
it's not wifi if it is connected with a wire
da2730da

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 da2730da

it's not wifi if it is connected with a wiregatsbythepig

.....ok....

well will it work on my pc?and does anybody have the lan adapter for the wii?please help..