pleas!!!!!!!! help with my Nintendo 64?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by nidhi1992 (8 posts) -

My mom got me a Nintendo 64 for Christmas ecause she remembered me mentioning once that I'd always wanted one when I was a kid, but I never had one. It's a used one obviously, but my mom bought it from a friend's daughter and she also tested all the games on her TV and says they all worked fine as so does the console. I brought it home last night and plugged it in, but I can't seem to get it to work. I put in the game and controller, but when I turn it on, the screen stays fuzzy. It's definitely plugged in because the light comes on when you turn it on. The red white and yellow thingies are hooked up to this little box that's connected to the TV and I tried pushing all the number buttons and still nothing. I tried my ps3 which is connected to the same little box and it's working fine. I've changed the channel on the TV several times and nothing. Any ideas what I need to do to make it work. Like I said, my mom tested the console and said it works perfectly and the light's on, so it can't be broken. But I can't think of what else to try.

thank you

#2 Edited by mariokart64fan (19377 posts) -

did you check the jumper pack /expansion pack , take that out blow on it or clean it , and try again or get a new expansion/jumper pack I bet ten to one the jumper pack is the problem as it was for mine on quite a few occasions everyone of my n64s work even the old one from launch its usually the jumper pack that messes up or te game cartridge before the actual unit has problems

#3 Posted by calway55 (232 posts) -

Did you check the little switch on the back of the smaller of the two plugs in the back of your N64? Changing between channel 3 or 4 could have been overlooked.