Playing DS game on Wii

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sman3579

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 sman3579
Member since 2008 • 21174 Posts

Do you think Nintendo should make a "game" or disc that allows you to play DS games on Wii. Similar to how you could play GBA games on GC, except better because you wouldnt need a to attach the DS to Wii like how u had to do with the GBA.

I would like it if they did make that. I would love to play like Mario & Luigi: Bowsers Inside Story, Pokemon Platinum, andNew Super Mario Bros on my Wii.

As far as a controller you would just use the DS as one.

I know this may seem more Wii related but it also has to do with the DS so I posted it here as well.

Who is with me?

OfficialBed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 OfficialBed
Member since 2005 • 17668 Posts

Seems like a good idea. I used to love playing my GBA games on my GC back in the day.

Will47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Will47
Member since 2007 • 6824 Posts
I may be more interested if I had a Wii. But even as I don't I still think it's a good idea ;)
Texas2089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Texas2089
Member since 2003 • 16490 Posts

Do you think Nintendo should make a "game" or disc that allows you to play DS games on Wii. Similar to how you could play GBA games on GC, except better because you wouldnt need a to attach the DS to Wii like how u had to do with the GBA.

I would like it if they did make that. I would love to play like Mario & Luigi: Bowsers Inside Story, Pokemon Platinum, andNew Super Mario Bros on my Wii.

As far as a controller you would just use the DS as one.

I know this may seem more Wii related but it also has to do with the DS so I posted it here as well.

Who is with me?

sman3579
I think it would be cool to play some DS games on a big screen, but I don't know how well it would work. Using the DS as the controller would be fine for the control pad and the buttons, but when it comes to the touch screen it wouldn't really work since you'd have to look at the DS touch screen which kind of defeats the purpose. If they made it somehow to split the screen on the TV and use the Wiimote and Nunchuck for the touch screen it may work, but it still wouldn't be as precise as using the sylus, which could really hurt a lot of games. For games that don't use the touch screen or stylus I think it would work though.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
impossible. even with wii speak, not all DS functions would be represented in a single TV. not to mention splitting the TV in 2 to simulate 2 screens is lame. not to mention you wanna stick your DS card inside the wii. either that or use the DS as a controller. whats the point in playing the DS on the wii using a DS to do it? most wii owners own a DS as well so why would you want it?
DeadEndPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DeadEndPanda
Member since 2008 • 2358 Posts

omg so good idea,

now is the right time to do it, before soul silver comes out! :P

Cruse34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 Cruse34
Member since 2009 • 4468 Posts

and how would the TOUCH SCREEN work and don't say the IR pointer because its to slow

Hegna1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Hegna1
Member since 2007 • 6118 Posts
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]impossible. even with wii speak, not all DS functions would be represented in a single TV. not to mention splitting the TV in 2 to simulate 2 screens is lame. not to mention you wanna stick your DS card inside the wii. either that or use the DS as a controller. whats the point in playing the DS on the wii using a DS to do it? most wii owners own a DS as well so why would you want it?

Same reason people bought the GBA player. I wouldn't mind it due to better recording quality for videos, but otherwise, I don't see a point.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 BrunoBRS
the real problem is: what's the point of using your DS to play the DS on the wii? waste electricity?
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BrunoBRS
[QUOTE="Hegna1"][QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]impossible. even with wii speak, not all DS functions would be represented in a single TV. not to mention splitting the TV in 2 to simulate 2 screens is lame. not to mention you wanna stick your DS card inside the wii. either that or use the DS as a controller. whats the point in playing the DS on the wii using a DS to do it? most wii owners own a DS as well so why would you want it?

Same reason people bought the GBA player. I wouldn't mind it due to better recording quality for videos, but otherwise, I don't see a point.

again, even if nintendo actually considered something as stupid (no offense) as using the DS to play DS games on the TV (from what i remember the GBA player was played with a GC controller, just like the super game boy was played with a SNES controller), not all functions would be available on the "big version". play phantom hourglass to the end and at some point you'll realize that. oh, and the wii speak would either not work unless you were really close to it and shouting to make the "blow the mic" effect used in so many games or would be too sensitive to noises.
Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts
It can't be done. The IR pointer is not and will never be as accurate as the touch screen.
Yoweeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#12 Yoweeh
Member since 2008 • 3025 Posts

impossible. even with wii speak, not all DS functions would be represented in a single TV. not to mention splitting the TV in 2 to simulate 2 screens is lame. not to mention you wanna stick your DS card inside the wii. either that or use the DS as a controller. whats the point in playing the DS on the wii using a DS to do it? most wii owners own a DS as well so why would you want it?BrunoBRS

I'm not saying I like it either. Touch Screen + TV = WUTTT (though a touch screen TV sounds delicious)

And I don't see the whole point of it. Pixels will be madly strentched and it wouldn't be worth the effort.

And everybody owns a DS and a Wii. Srsly. I've never been to a house that doesn't have both.

Avatar image for GCwasthebestsys
GCwasthebestsys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 GCwasthebestsys
Member since 2007 • 430 Posts
Ummm, I played Advance games on my Wii and NEVER needed to hook my GBA up to my Gamecube. I bought the add-on to the Gamecube. Didn't even realize you could simply hook up your GBA to your GC
Yoweeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#14 Yoweeh
Member since 2008 • 3025 Posts

Ummm, I played Advance games on my Wii and NEVER needed to hook my GBA up to my Gamecube. I bought the add-on to the Gamecube. Didn't even realize you could simply hook up your GBA to your GCGCwasthebestsys

What? I never heard of this? How is it possible? Please, do tell.

sman3579

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 sman3579

I really should have thought about this before posting it. I wasnt thinking of the touch screen and mic at the time.

sman3579

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 sman3579

the real problem is: what's the point of using your DS to play the DS on the wii? waste electricity?BrunoBRS

That was just an EXAMPLE or IDEA not how it would really turn out.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]the real problem is: what's the point of using your DS to play the DS on the wii? waste electricity?sman3579

like isaid (or think i said) on another post, it isnt exactly your fault. you were just throwing ideas and seeing which ones people would agree with or not, right? but anyways, the other reasons it wont exist were already mentioned.
Avatar image for deactivated-5fc30280b8881
deactivated-5fc30280b8881

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-5fc30280b8881
Member since 2005 • 446 Posts

the real problem is: what's the point of using your DS to play the DS on the wii? waste electricity?BrunoBRS

The same as the point with the GameBoy Player: Better sound, bigger screen, more comfortable playing position. And the DS player would be entirely possible: WLAN conenction to DS, depictions of the two DS screens on the TV, with a dot on the lower one to indicate the location of the stylus. Also handily solves the problem of your hand obscuring the lower screen in games like Zelda.

ACL0V3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ACL0V3R
Member since 2008 • 2273 Posts

How about just something that plugs into your TV so you can look at your TV while playing DS games instead of the actualy screen on your DS...

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

^Guy above me took some of the words out of my mouth.

People are quite dismissive at the possibilties of playing DS on your TV. Those barriers can be worked around, for example.. When you buy the expansion that allows you to play DS games through your Wii, you could use a DSto link to your Wii so you could use the DS's touchscreen, and it comes up on the bottom half of the TV(the TV could be split into two, top half and bottom half). So you would be looking at the TV for both screens, but simply touching the DStouchscreen pad.

OR, similarly,theDS/Wii expansion package could come with a touchpad and pen that hooks up to yourWii, so you don't even need a DS to play it.

Anyway, I don't think they would do this, as DS's are selling like hot cakes. So introducing this would just decrease those sales.

sman3579

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 sman3579

[QUOTE="sman3579"]

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]the real problem is: what's the point of using your DS to play the DS on the wii? waste electricity?BrunoBRS

like isaid (or think i said) on another post, it isnt exactly your fault. you were just throwing ideas and seeing which ones people would agree with or not, right? but anyways, the other reasons it wont exist were already mentioned.

Pretty much. I wasnt really thinking of the touch screen and dual screens, I was thinking about playing Pokemon Platinum and Mario and Luigi on Wii. :P

awssk8er716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 awssk8er716
Member since 2005 • 8485 Posts

It can't be done. The IR pointer is not and will never be as accurate as the touch screen.Rocky32189

This. Also, it would be a waste of money, power, and time (For Nintendo).

BigBen11111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 BigBen11111
Member since 2003 • 1529 Posts

Won't work, some of the games require the DS itself to work. Example the Phantom Hourglass, a part of a clue you had to close the DS to get a piece of the map location. And then there's the stylus, though it's possible to use the Wii Mote mobility, but I'm not for sure. But still yet, Nintendo would have more better luck with coming out with connections that connects the DS to the TV/Wii instead.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 trugs26

Won't work, some of the games require the DS itself to work. Example the Phantom Hourglass, a part of a clue you had to close the DS to get a piece of the map location. And then there's the stylus, though it's possible to use the Wii Mote mobility, but I'm not for sure. But still yet, Nintendo would have more better luck with coming out with connections that connects the DS to the TV/Wii instead.

BigBen11111

True with the Phantom Hourglass point, But the DSi also excluded games like GTA World Tour. And the GBA Player excluded some minimal things too. So if they did do a DS Player, it would only exclude a few games. Most games only require the basic stylus type of play, and those problems can be worked around, as stated in my earlier post.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 trugs26

[QUOTE="BigBen11111"]

trugs26

True with the Phantom Hourglass point, But the DSi also excluded games like GTA World Tour. And the GBA Player excluded some minimal things too. So if they did do a DS Player, it would only exclude a few games. Most games only require the basic stylus type of play, and those problems can be worked around, as stated in my earlier post.

Actually that problem could be worked around too, because you could incorporate a button that puts it into standby mode. I'm sure many problems a DS Player faces could be dealt with.