piplup or chimchar?!?!?! cant decide!!! (POkemon diamond/Pearl)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by powerman89 (2517 posts) -

Hey ppls!!! i cant decide what pokemon i want for starters... for loooks.... i would go for chimchar type.... i would go for chimchar....for finishing my shintou pokedex....piplup( i looked some thins up...chimchar and turtwig can be fought by gym leaders and the elite 4....and yes....i know....im a geek for looking this thing up).....for attacks......piplup.....

#2 Posted by bobstrife (2657 posts) -
which one is the monkey?
#3 Posted by Minishdriveby (9737 posts) -
well i think im gonna get tortwig... BUT OUT OF YOUR TWO GO WITH PIPLUP!!!!
#4 Posted by 4n6science (150 posts) -
I'm going to start with piplup, I don't know I just like him! :D I guess you have to decide if you like fire or water better.
#5 Posted by KJAX90 (8809 posts) -
I like Chimchar so that's who I'm gonna get:D
#6 Posted by Slytheraven (222 posts) -
i wouldnt get either. turtwig is the way to go haha.
#7 Posted by Aeroxix (294 posts) -
Turtwig FTW!
#8 Posted by kenshinhimura16 (7009 posts) -
This will be the first pkmn game were I just wont use the starter. I dont like the designs of any of them.
#9 Posted by AnimeHendrix (2595 posts) -
Chimchar.
#10 Posted by ZACK860 (4528 posts) -
im still deciding but infernape looks cool so i think ill will be getting chimchar
#11 Posted by HillyBilly (31446 posts) -
Go with Chimchar. You'll find some water pokemon along the way.
#12 Posted by Kakua_Omari (939 posts) -
For diamond I'm getting piplup, since everyone is picking chimchar, make my life easier, and I've noticed in each game that picking the fire starter in the game makes the game much easier to beat, but no real challenge there for me. I want to be challenged while playing the game, that and penguins are kick@$$.
#13 Posted by bobstrife (2657 posts) -
For diamond I'm getting piplup, since everyone is picking chimchar, make my life easier, and I've noticed in each game that picking the fire starter in the game makes the game much easier to beat, but no real challenge there for me. I want to be challenged while playing the game, that and penguins are kick@$$.Kakua_Omari
In red/blue they like make you choose bulbasor to beat brock. really annoying cuz i hate him lol.But which one is the monkey?!?!?!
#14 Posted by Miyomatic (2560 posts) -

This will be the first pkmn game were I just wont use the starter. I dont like the designs of any of them.kenshinhimura16

Yea this game's starters are pretty weak.

#15 Posted by SuperSonicKirby (2213 posts) -
Turtwig FTW!Aeroxix
Ditto.  No pun intended.
#16 Posted by bobstrife (2657 posts) -
can some1 answer me. Which is the monkey?!?!
#17 Posted by zaki_is_a_boy (184 posts) -
can some1 answer me. Which is the monkey?!?!bobstrife
chimchar and ash is getting turtwig so i'll choose to get him
#18 Posted by 092093 (1696 posts) -

fire+monkey=friggin awesome:D

ice+penguin=march of the peguins:(

#19 Posted by fantasticlink (407 posts) -
Chimchar is a monkey thats on fire.  That is so awesome.  Chimchar is first on my list.  I always liked Mankey and Primeape (especially primeape), but since know theres a fire monkey, holy crap, he is just going to own.
#20 Posted by powerman89 (2517 posts) -
now that i think about it....turtwig is pretty cool too.....i dont think i like piplup anymore
#21 Posted by andyfarrow000 (59 posts) -

ill chose the pokemon thats easier to defeat the 1st gym leader .

#22 Posted by apu0404 (3682 posts) -
For diamond I'm getting piplup, since everyone is picking chimchar, make my life easier, and I've noticed in each game that picking the fire starter in the game makes the game much easier to beat, but no real challenge there for me. I want to be challenged while playing the game, that and penguins are kick@$$.Kakua_Omari
actully everyones picking piplup just a heads up.
#23 Posted by manwithnoplan91 (290 posts) -

[QUOTE="Kakua_Omari"]For diamond I'm getting piplup, since everyone is picking chimchar, make my life easier, and I've noticed in each game that picking the fire starter in the game makes the game much easier to beat, but no real challenge there for me. I want to be challenged while playing the game, that and penguins are kick@$$.apu0404
actully everyones picking piplup just a heads up.

Not I, Sam.  I'll be going with a grass poke for the first time ever. 

#24 Posted by _great_waddles_ (832 posts) -

Thank you for completely ignoring the Pokemon Discussion Sticky thread, and basically spamming.

Choose the Pokemon YOU like, not everyone else. The other one is obtainable via WiFi, so, take both if you want.

#25 Posted by omnimaqq (183 posts) -
Well first i was gonna get Chimchar cuz i always got fire...but then my friend (she's japanese) got chimchar (on her jap diamond AND pearl version which makes me jealous :( ) so i was gonna go for Piplup but then...Turttwig looks pretty cool..GO FOR PIPLUP cuz...yeah. Hope it helped lol
#26 Posted by smb333 (3368 posts) -
piplup rules
#27 Posted by Blue_Panda (1293 posts) -
#28 Posted by TheRealGameBoyx (187 posts) -
im gunna say Chimchar just because im a fire/dragon trainer
#29 Posted by Blazephlozard (147 posts) -
I thought for sure there was a stickied topic that said all Pokemon discussion goes there. Chimchar is fire. My name is fire starters names together. They're my favorite three pokemon. Chimchar might be too.
#30 Posted by kjata123 (5785 posts) -
Flip a coin thats all I can say, im getting Piplup cause water types are one of my fav.
#31 Posted by blacktorn (8299 posts) -

I'll go with the water penguin..i think that's piplup?

He's too cute to pass up on :P 

#32 Posted by l-_-l (6718 posts) -
I am glade I don't have these issues. I am starting with all three. I am getting pearl and my girl is getting diamond. We are just going to restart a few times and get all three starters by trading with each other.
#33 Posted by S_mark69 (2 posts) -
Chimchar is the way to go, piplup is a big headed blue chicken