Pikmin 3 Online Multiplayer

This topic is locked from further discussion.

madribub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 madribub
Member since 2005 • 835 Posts
I was just playing Pikmin 2 last night multiplayer.  In the hopes that Ninty peeps will read this post, I hereby declare that I want Pikmin 3 Online. 
ReeceBrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#2 ReeceBrown
Member since 2005 • 1973 Posts
hmmmmmm either way i love the pikmin series i just hope they spice it up a bit
monty_4256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 monty_4256
Member since 2004 • 8577 Posts

probably will happen
as long as they release a pikmin three... which would be a sin if they didn't, pikmin was an amazing game!

pollorobot01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 pollorobot01
Member since 2006 • 148 Posts
pikmin 3 war of the backyard? mmorpg
gooflee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 gooflee
Member since 2005 • 652 Posts

I fail to see why every single game needs to have Online Multiplayer for it to be a "better" game.  How would you add online multiplayer game and still remain true to it's roots?

pollorobot01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 pollorobot01
Member since 2006 • 148 Posts
thats because he have no friends or because he live far from hes friends online gaming is the future but not a must have
monty_4256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 monty_4256
Member since 2004 • 8577 Posts

I fail to see why every single game needs to have Online Multiplayer for it to be a "better" game.  How would you add online multiplayer game and still remain true to it's roots?

gooflee
umm pikmin 2 was a very good multiplayer game
Avatar image for Regginator14520
Regginator14520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 Regginator14520
Member since 2006 • 1094 Posts

pikmin 3 war of the backyard? mmorpgpollorobot01

more like MM Real Time Stradegy game i think, and it would be cool if Nintendo included online mode into pikmin 3, which is probably one of the "124 games" in development. 

madribub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 madribub
I don't think the addition of multiplayer precludes a good game, but for certain games, it can certainly enhance it or at least give it that other dimension as well as lasting value.  A game like BioShock or Paper Mario I would say don't need and don't warrant multiplayer.  However, Pikmin 2 and a possible Pikmin 3 multiplayer?  That I think would be a genius move.
Bucktooth_tuba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Bucktooth_tuba
Member since 2006 • 1179 Posts
I think Pikmin 3 should have a full fledged single player mode that lasts for a while and is very awesome. But then on top of that they could add a multiplayer mode similar to that of Pikmin 2 but with huge worlds and voice chat.
madribub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 madribub
Totally.  Multiplayer should be in addition to a hefty single player game.
Yoshi9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#12 Yoshi9000
Member since 2010 • 479 Posts

YES!!! pikmin 3 needs online player! There could be up to 4 players battling eachother with different game modes like CTF, Deathmatch (kill all the enemies pikmin, Captain deathmatch (kill the other teams captain), and something like king of the hill. When will pikmin 3 come out!

Scythes777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Scythes777
Member since 2006 • 2796 Posts

I actually think Pikmin will be on 3DS. If so, I think it could have online that would work really well.

AmayaPapaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#14 AmayaPapaya
Member since 2008 • 9029 Posts

I actually think Pikmin will be on 3DS. If so, I think it could have online that would work really well.

Scythes777

No it is on Wii. Miyamoto confirmed it.

Online Co-Op would be amazing. I'll never play my Wii online though because it is just so crappy.

thom_maytees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 thom_maytees
Member since 2010 • 3668 Posts

YES!!! pikmin 3 needs online player! There could be up to 4 players battling eachother with different game modes like CTF, Deathmatch (kill all the enemies pikmin, Captain deathmatch (kill the other teams captain), and something like king of the hill. When will pikmin 3 come out!

Yoshi9000
Why did you bump a thread from 2007?
Yoshi9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Yoshi9000

[QUOTE="Yoshi9000"]

thom_maytees

Whats wrong with that!?! So what if this is an old thread?

kenakuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 kenakuma
Member since 2007 • 3462 Posts

[QUOTE="thom_maytees"][QUOTE="Yoshi9000"]

Yoshi9000

Its against some rule here!

XboxGuy1537

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#18 XboxGuy1537
Member since 2010 • 2360 Posts

Pikmin with 4 players and online would be brilliant. I hope Nintendo is somehow reading this right now.

Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#19 Gamingclone
Member since 2009 • 5224 Posts

I fail to see why every single game needs to have Online Multiplayer for it to be a "better" game. How would you add online multiplayer game and still remain true to it's roots?

gooflee

Well online wouldnt really change the game its self, just add more to the multiplayer. For those who played Pikmin 2, they should know that it had multiplayer (2 people). You could either do co-op in dungons (I dont remember what they are actually called) that is in no way connected to the story of pikmin 2 Or you could fight the other player and have a mini war with each others pikmin. So in theory, online multiplayer could be added.

Edit:

Holy....

I didnt notice that this was a really old thread...

Yoshi9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Yoshi9000

[QUOTE="Yoshi9000"]

[QUOTE="thom_maytees"]Why did you bump a thread from 2007?kenakuma

Its against some rule here!

How is that against the rule???

kenakuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 kenakuma
Member since 2007 • 3462 Posts

How is that against the rule???

Yoshi9000

Idk, just read them lol.

thom_maytees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 thom_maytees
Member since 2010 • 3668 Posts

Yoshi, here is the part of the Terms of Service that dealt with "bumping" old threads. It falls under the "disruptive behavior" rule (the relevant part is bolded):

Disruptive Behavior: Behavior that disrupts the Service for other users, intentional or not, are prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to: messages or topic titles that force browsers to scroll horizontally; large blank or content-free messages, including quoting another user without adding any additional content and posts that consist only of one or more smiley faces; "rick rolls" (posting misleading or disruptive links); "bumping" older topics (posting in them well after the last post); posting identical or near-identical messages or topics, including "fad" posts or topics; intentionally hard-to-read topic titles or posts (i.e. ALL CAPS, AlTeRnAtE cApS, no spaces, no or excessive punctuation); posting hard-to-read or nonsensical messages in a single or multiple topics; posting large ASCII art (except in social topics specifically calling for it); or post counting (i.e. "First", "100th Post"). Shouting or otherwise creating noise in an active voice channel is considered disruptive behavior.Terms of Service

Even though it is not mentioned in the TOS, according to the "rule of thumb" set by the moderators, "bumping" an older topic that is at least two weeks old is against the rules on system-specific or slow-moving forums like Nintendo Wii. Forums like System Wars and Off-Topic Discussion which are fast-moving, it is against the rules for bumping a topic at least a week old.

Yoshi9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Yoshi9000

Yoshi, here is the part of the Terms of Service that dealt with "bumping" old threads. It falls under the "disruptive behavior" rule (the relevant part is bolded):

[QUOTE="Terms of Service"]Disruptive Behavior: Behavior that disrupts the Service for other users, intentional or not, are prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to: messages or topic titles that force browsers to scroll horizontally; large blank or content-free messages, including quoting another user without adding any additional content and posts that consist only of one or more smiley faces; "rick rolls" (posting misleading or disruptive links); "bumping" older topics (posting in them well after the last post); posting identical or near-identical messages or topics, including "fad" posts or topics; intentionally hard-to-read topic titles or posts (i.e. ALL CAPS, AlTeRnAtE cApS, no spaces, no or excessive punctuation); posting hard-to-read or nonsensical messages in a single or multiple topics; posting large ASCII art (except in social topics specifically calling for it); or post counting (i.e. "First", "100th Post"). Shouting or otherwise creating noise in an active voice channel is considered disruptive behavior.thom_maytees

Even though it is not mentioned in the TOS, according to the "rule of thumb" set by the moderators, "bumping" an older topic that is at least two weeks old is against the rules on system-specific or slow-moving forums like Nintendo Wii. Forums like System Wars and Off-Topic Discussion which are fast-moving, it is against the rules for bumping a topic at least a week old.

how does it disrupt the behaivor? all i did was post one comment (well now more comments)?

Demonjoe93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 107

#24 Demonjoe93
Member since 2009 • 9869 Posts

Has Nintendo even accounced a Pikmin 3? I never played the Pikmin series, was it good?

Yoshi9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Yoshi9000

Has Nintendo even accounced a Pikmin 3? I never played the Pikmin series, was it good?

Demonjoe93

Yes they are making pikmin 3, but i dont know when it will come out. I love the pikmin series, its very creative and just fun. Its sort of a stradegy game. You should take a look at the pikmin reviews on gamespot (if you havent already)

louis_was_here

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26 louis_was_here
Member since 2006 • 241 Posts

Demonjoe93
It has been announced for like...four years now? Not even a picture or ounce of new information in that time period other than it is for the wii. In addition, yes, it was the best GC series in my opinion :P Going off of that tangent...As much as I would love online, I would really like some sort of sign that the game exists first.
gamefan67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#27 gamefan67
Member since 2004 • 10034 Posts

[QUOTE="thom_maytees"]

[QUOTE="Terms of Service"]Disruptive Behavior: Behavior that disrupts the Service for other users, intentional or not, are prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to: messages or topic titles that force browsers to scroll horizontally; large blank or content-free messages, including quoting another user without adding any additional content and posts that consist only of one or more smiley faces; "rick rolls" (posting misleading or disruptive links); "bumping" older topics (posting in them well after the last post); posting identical or near-identical messages or topics, including "fad" posts or topics; intentionally hard-to-read topic titles or posts (i.e. ALL CAPS, AlTeRnAtE cApS, no spaces, no or excessive punctuation); posting hard-to-read or nonsensical messages in a single or multiple topics; posting large ASCII art (except in social topics specifically calling for it); or post counting (i.e. "First", "100th Post"). Shouting or otherwise creating noise in an active voice channel is considered disruptive behavior.Yoshi9000

how does it disrupt the behaivor? all i did was post one comment (well now more comments)?

Dude if you want answers go ask the mods, but as it stands right now you broke one of the rules.
Yoshi9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Yoshi9000

[QUOTE="Yoshi9000"]

[QUOTE="thom_maytees"]

gamefan67

Dude if you want answers go ask the mods, but as it stands right now you broke one of the rules.

Ok well ill stop posting in old forums, but i dont know how to make a new forum? (yaa i know im a forum noob)