Pikmin 3 looks really awesome

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by brunomaster15 (15 posts) -
Just watch in HD... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxWIvaD2XQI http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAiielCzc3o http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEyhFFhGuh8 and enjoy..
#2 Posted by Litchie (16212 posts) -

Sure does. For me, it's a system seller.

Edit: One thing that worries me, though, is that I haven't heard anything about multi-player. Pikmin 2's multi-player was awesome, and if they made one where you could play 4 instead of just 2, it could be incredible.

Edit 2: Ok, they did say there will be co-op, so that's nice. But I really want that mode where you played against eachother and got powerups and stuff..

#3 Posted by idill23 (1064 posts) -

Edit: One thing that worries me, though, is that I haven't heard anything about multi-player. Pikmin 2's multi-player was awesome, and if they made one where you could play 4 instead of just 2, it could be incredible.

Edit 2: Ok, they did say there will be co-op, so that's nice. But I really want that mode where you played against eachother and got powerups and stuff..

Litchie
Agree. The VS in pikmin 2 was fantastic!! Hopefully we get some info at E3.
#4 Posted by jer_1 (7451 posts) -

This game is a system seller? Really?

It must have a lot of personality because I'm not seeing much to be excited about I guess.

#5 Posted by Kid_Black_Star (485 posts) -

Just watch in HD... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxWIvaD2XQI http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAiielCzc3o http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEyhFFhGuh8 and enjoy..brunomaster15

Thanks for sharing this.

#6 Posted by da_chub (3062 posts) -

It must have a lot of personality because I'm not seeing much to be excited about I guess.

jer_1
It's def a great rts series that just doesn't get the love it deserves. 1was a great challenging game. 2 was lots of fun like Mario, with a challenge waiting for whoever went looking for it. I know I have 3 pre bought and can't wait.
#7 Posted by goblaa (19304 posts) -

Good to see that wiimote is still the primary control set up.

#8 Posted by Shinobishyguy (22358 posts) -

This game is a system seller? Really?It must have a lot of personality because I'm not seeing much to be excited about I guess.jer_1
realtalk: do you ever have anything positive to say about anything on these forums? It's like you're stuck in a constant piss and moan loop

on topic: the game looks like it's shaping up nicely. I like the whole hunting for food thing, looks like it'll give it a bit of a survivalist spin on the gameplay

#9 Posted by yokofox33 (29230 posts) -

Pikmin 3 is the reason I bought a WiiU. Well, not the sole reason but the biggest reason for sure.

#10 Posted by inter_911 (509 posts) -

always wanted to play Pikmin but couldnt get my hand on it, now looking forward to my first try of the series

#11 Posted by KBFloYd (12927 posts) -

looks very pretty.

im sure it will look beautiful on my tv.

yea im getting the game. i have 1 and 2...i got halfway through 1 then i stopped for some reason..i think it was a bit hard.. but i plan on putting some time in on pikmin 3.

#12 Posted by Pierst179 (10715 posts) -

It looks wonderful!

#13 Posted by brunomaster15 (15 posts) -

jer_1
Pikmin sold about 2 million in gamecube, it was a new IP.
#14 Posted by bonesawisready5 (4587 posts) -

I can't wait for it either. It's going to be awesome. I'm hopeful for some killer online modes but I'm not counting on it. August 4th will be beautiful. I'm guessing, if the Wii U gets any price drop or new model to help poor sales, that they'll use Pikmin 3 in August as the big title to do so. Remember, the 3DS XL and NSMB 2 came out August 19th, and the 3DS got a big price drop in August 2011 and then Star Fox 64 3D in September weeks after.

#15 Posted by Pikminmaniac (8702 posts) -

I'm extremely excited about Pikmin 3. Just look at my Gamespot name and PSN ID. There is no other franchise that combines RTS, Action-Adventure, and survival elements into one brilliant experience quite like Pikmin does.

It's a franchise I feel should be regarded at the same level as Mario, Zelda, and Metroid

#16 Posted by enrique_marrodz (2092 posts) -
Can't wait for it! the world seems so rich and lively! It it awesome how they surpassed all the achievements from past iterations, as those two titles were awesome!
#17 Posted by rubber-chicken (2066 posts) -
These games are so freaking fun I can't wait for this game...
#18 Posted by Abagnam (122 posts) -

Litchie
I think it will be a great game... but system seller? I dont think so.... Its not a huge popular franchise
#19 Posted by Avatar_Taxidous (4314 posts) -

Good to see that wiimote is still the primary control set up.

goblaa
Agreed. I've only spent a few hours playing Pikmin 2, but I like what I have played so far. I'm not entirely sold on Pikmin 3 yet. I like the look of the graphics. If there are online modes in it, I will probably be tipped over the edge.
#20 Posted by longtimelurker0 (203 posts) -

can someone please explain pikmin 3 to me? It looks really interesting but whats it like? never played one before, it kind of looks like the wonderful 101 game play, would that be correct?

#21 Posted by KBFloYd (12927 posts) -

can someone please explain pikmin 3 to me? It looks really interesting but whats it like? never played one before, it kind of looks like the wonderful 101 game play, would that be correct?

longtimelurker0

no...its more of a puzzle/strategy game. with some action (when you fight enemies)

you have to find all your ship parts but you only have 1 day at a time because at night you have to hide in your rocket.

you have to find the best route to get as much done in a day as you can.

i have only played pikmin 1 on gamecube btw..

#22 Posted by brunomaster15 (15 posts) -
Is hard to explain... Play Pikmin 1, mi recomendation..
#23 Posted by Randolph (10426 posts) -
It looks fantastic. Pikmin got me hours of entertainment, and was second only to Killer 7 as my favorite GC game of all time.
#24 Posted by Nintendo_Ownes7 (30917 posts) -

New Pikmin 3 footage.

#25 Posted by DaBrainz (7623 posts) -
I have had an urge to play pikmn ever since those little bastards picked up all of my wii data, got in a rocketship and then landed in my wii u.
#26 Posted by KBFloYd (12927 posts) -

New Pikmin 3 footage.

Nintendo_Ownes7

looks great... i just started pikmin 2 a few days ago...i got the new play control wiimote version....and my god the wiimote is much better for this game than the gamecube controller imo...

i rebought pikmin1 NPC version just to play it with proper wiimote controls.

#27 Posted by conkertheking1 (833 posts) -

Ive only played Pikmin 1 and I have a question...

Is this series in any way strict on storyline, meaning can I pick up this game without playing the second one?

#28 Posted by KBFloYd (12927 posts) -

Is this series in any way strict on storyline, meaning can I pick up this game without playing the second one?

conkertheking1

totally...the story of the 1st game can be summed up in 1 sentence...same for part 2.

#29 Posted by conkertheking1 (833 posts) -

[QUOTE="conkertheking1"]

KBFloYd

totally...the story of the 1st game can be summed up in 1 sentence...same for part 2.

Word... Im hyped:D

#30 Posted by Elem187 (32 posts) -

jer_1
Yeah your right. It doesn't have enough guns, pew pew pew. Its a shame Call of Pikmin: Modern Duty 3 was cancelled.
#31 Posted by Elem187 (32 posts) -
Can anyone confirm if this is 60 fps?? I love that Nintendo has their push for butter smooth frame rate... Just finished replaying SMG2. Like most games, it would have been terrible at 30 fps. It's the biggest reason I never bought a Sony/Microsoft console. After you play games at 60fps it feels like a major downgrade to go back to 30fps. The PS4/xBoned reveals were a massive yawner because everything was running at 30fps. It's the reason why I game primarily on a PC/Nintendo systems.
#33 Posted by KBFloYd (12927 posts) -

developer direct

#34 Posted by KBFloYd (12927 posts) -

Gameplay!

the guy is a noob though :P