Phantasy star online for DS make it happen

This topic is locked from further discussion.

l33tpocky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 l33tpocky
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
Yeah well I had this idea the other day of playing PSO online on a DS I mean it could really work cause they made metroid prime hunters work right? So it could be possible for the DS hardware to surport online play for PSO.
If anyone thinks that this is a good idea post your vote here for this game and get friends in to post too hopefully maybe team sonic will see it and pick up the idea if we get a few hundred thousand replys. The DS needs a MMO and lets work togetther to make it PSO.
AlexandriaZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 AlexandriaZ
Member since 2002 • 25107 Posts
No, the Dreamcast could barely handle PSO. What makes you think the DS can????
l33tpocky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 l33tpocky
Ok look at metroid prime hunters , online game play is lagless with up to four characters on the screen at once in enviroments that look pretty good so it im saying it would be possible if team sonic toned down the graphics a little and maybe changed the lobby system from free roam to something of a list.
DopeyDavoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DopeyDavoid
Member since 2004 • 5375 Posts
Ok look at metroid prime hunters , online game play is lagless with up to four characters on the screen at once in enviroments that look pretty good so it im saying it would be possible if team sonic toned down the graphics a little and maybe changed the lobby system from free roam to something of a list.l33tpocky
You just don't know how the infrastructure of a mmorpg works do you?
Stu1515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 Stu1515
Member since 2005 • 488 Posts
It could work if it was made into a 2D topdown view MMO. That would then get the Graphical proccess side of things working, it would have to be split into area's of course, as we wouldnt want to have 1 big area with no load times, that could jepodise the Graphics and battery life. I dont know if the Nintendo WiFi service could handle an MMO, but it would be nice too see one.
AlexandriaZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 AlexandriaZ
I dont know if the Nintendo WiFi service could handle an MMO, but it would be nice too see one.Stu1515

I heard about them doing a maple story for the DS, so it is possible.
l33tpocky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 l33tpocky
[QUOTE="l33tpocky"]Ok look at metroid prime hunters , online game play is lagless with up to four characters on the screen at once in enviroments that look pretty good so it im saying it would be possible if team sonic toned down the graphics a little and maybe changed the lobby system from free roam to something of a list.DopeyDavoid

Well you just add in item accuition and npc monsters and individule load areas and boom you got a MMO i mean whats there not to get>
i mean unless youve never played PSO before its a system where unlike everquest or FFonline where everyone in the world is on at once you and four friends create a world of your own so it elimites KSs and it limits the amount of PCs on screen at one time.
PopeReal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 PopeReal
Member since 2005 • 1303 Posts
I think it is quite possible.  It would take some work from a good developement team but it could be done.  And it would make a nice addition to the DS library. 
Avatar image for XitachiXUchihaX
XitachiXUchihaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 XitachiXUchihaX
Member since 2003 • 311 Posts
LOL! Maybe for the PSP.
l33tpocky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 l33tpocky
a verrry good addition to the DS and PSO has always been mainly gamecube after the dreamcast thing went flop that and a mmo on a DS would be the best reason to buy a DS connected gameing on the go and i dont think anyone should say it cant be done cause i really doubt any one here has compiled games for the DS so before you say its not possible go make Nintendogs2 and maybe ill admit its impossible.
-Murdock-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 -Murdock-
Member since 2006 • 2767 Posts
[QUOTE="l33tpocky"]Ok look at metroid prime hunters , online game play is lagless with up to four characters on the screen at once in enviroments that look pretty good so it im saying it would be possible if team sonic toned down the graphics a little and maybe changed the lobby system from free roam to something of a list.DopeyDavoid

He's got the right idea, they'll just make it a 4 player MMORPG.
Infectellect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 Infectellect
Member since 2005 • 588 Posts
It takes more than 4 players to make a MMORPG.

Maple story for the DS? NO!
murlow12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 murlow12
Member since 2005 • 11109 Posts
If they completely overhauled the battle system it might work. That series is terrible.
-Murdock-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 -Murdock-
Member since 2006 • 2767 Posts
[QUOTE="Infectellect"]It takes more than 4 players to make a MMORPG.

Maple story for the DS? NO!

It was sarcasm.
MoodyFlame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#15 MoodyFlame
Member since 2004 • 2446 Posts
Ok look at metroid prime hunters , online game play is lagless with up to four characters on the screen at once in enviroments that look pretty good so it im saying it would be possible if team sonic toned down the graphics a little and maybe changed the lobby system from free roam to something of a list.l33tpocky
it is NOT lagless, plus PHO is a game cube game and its a MMORPG...it'll be really hard
OfficialBed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 OfficialBed
Member since 2005 • 17668 Posts
i would love for this to happen
AlexandriaZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 AlexandriaZ
it is NOT lagless, plus PHO is a game cube game and its a MMORPG...it'll be really hardMoodyFlame

Wrong, PSO is not a MMORPG.

It is a 4 player RPG.

It is the equivalent of playing starcraft or Diablo online.
froggut198

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18 froggut198
Member since 2005 • 1369 Posts
[QUOTE="MoodyFlame"]it is NOT lagless, plus PHO is a game cube game and its a MMORPG...it'll be really hardAlexandriaZ

Wrong, PSO is not a MMORPG.

It is a 4 player RPG.

It is the equivalent of playing starcraft or Diablo online.

Thank you! I was just about to say that. You get a cookie.
l33tpocky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 l33tpocky

But you still meet people in a general lobby that can hold up to 50 people so you can chat and organize games and trade items and such so id still call it a mmorpg

Massive-more than a million people playing online on xbox and gamecube

multiplayer-4people in a room

online-oh yeah

RPG-monsters kool items and lots of lvling up oh yes i think so

pinebark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#20 pinebark
Member since 2003 • 1501 Posts

But you still meet people in a general lobby that can hold up to 50 people so you can chat and organize games and trade items and such so id still call it a mmorpg

Massive-more than a million people playing online on xbox and gamecube

multiplayer-4people in a room

online-oh yeah

RPG-monsters kool items and lots of lvling up oh yes i think so

l33tpocky

Switch the lobbies to text and it'd be fine. There wasn't much point to them in the first place. Although, I'm not sure if I'd buy it -- I'm pretty much PSO'd out, having played since DC all the way to Episode I and II on GCN. I mean, it's essentially the same game all the time...but it's so addictive for some reason.
l33tpocky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 l33tpocky
Yeah the person above me has the right idea and its insanely adictive just think aobut all the item tradein between ds users its like animal crossing but with beam sabers lol.
XBadNewsX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#22 XBadNewsX
Member since 2004 • 1332 Posts
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maple_Story_DS Maple story is an MMORPG for the pc. The game isn't very demanding in graphics since the whole gameplay resembles super mario from the days of donkey kong except with anime sprites. I think it might be possable after looking at this. And just think of when FF: Crystal Chronicals comes out for DS. It doesn't even have any pictures on here but it already sounds like it is going to be fantastic.
someguy503

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 someguy503
Member since 2004 • 1474 Posts
Seeing as thought has only supported about like 8 players at a time, i think theyd have to redo The visual lobby and other things in the game.
oddjob24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 oddjob24
i really really really reallyreally reallyreally reallyreally reallyreally really think they should make PSO for the ds and just make it exactly the same game just for the ds because it is a cool game to begin with then it would be sweet because it would be portable
MikeLXXXVIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25 MikeLXXXVIII
Member since 2006 • 522 Posts
how about a phantasy star game not online but turn based and stuff,the original games style? im not for online but it wouldb e interesting enough if the online game came to the ds