Part of me is glad Zelda got delayed...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7264 Posts

...I think it will make it more likely Nintendo will give Xenoblade a proper marketing campaign. At least, that's what they should do, if they're smart. They have kind of a lousy track record with marketing non Mario/Zelda/Donkey Kong games. What say you internet?

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

No, no it will not

You're glad that Zelda is delayed so Nintendo will make an extra commercial

That's at best flawed logic

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3  Edited By iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

@judaspete said:

...I think it will make it more likely Nintendo will give Xenoblade a proper marketing campaign. At least, that's what they should do, if they're smart. They have kind of a lousy track record with marketing non Mario/Zelda/Donkey Kong games. What say you internet?

It hurts me to say this, but Nintendo is not big fans of RPGs. Its one of the reasons they still havnt gave us another Mario RPG, or Earthbound. RPGs cost big money to do and make unique, they also take a long time to create. For Nintendo to stay competitive they must watch their budget. Fire Emblem on Wii sold .50 million out of 100 million owners, that doesnt help you much when looking into making more RPGs.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9727 Posts

@iandizion713 said:
@judaspete said:

It hurts me to say this, but Nintendo is not big fans of RPGs. Its one of the reasons they still havnt gave us another Mario RPG, or Earthbound. RPGs cost big money to do and make unique, they also take a long time to create. For Nintendo to stay competitive they must watch their budget. Fire Emblem on Wii sold .50 million out of 100 million owners, that doesnt help you much when looking into making more RPGs.

Nintendo has to advertise Xenoblade X. The difference between Xenoblade X and the games you've mentioned is that Xenoblade X is an action based RPG.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

When is the last time you saw Nintendo market something in a proper manner?

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

@GameboyTroy: Those like Xenoblade can cost more with all the voice acting and stuff to make it fit. But yeah, Nintendo will advertise some, but i dont think they will like they do the other well budgeted games. Dont get me wrong, Nintendo would love for this game to do good and i want it to do good, but these games can get pricey. Its good its coming to Wii U, i hope to see more RPGs, but for the price they cost compared to the amount who buy them, they just have to be smart. I think Nintendo is handling it well.

The-Butcher248

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 The-Butcher248
Member since 2012 • 466 Posts

If anything Nintendo is focusing a lot of marketing towards Splatoon. Ambii's and a Console set. Xenoblade will probably get a good marketing push in Japan... but can't see it getting a big push in the US.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#8  Edited By YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

Nintendo? Proper marketing?

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

Lol TC you're about to get slaughtered by the Zelda fans lol

darkmark91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 darkmark91
Member since 2006 • 3047 Posts

I'm glad it got delayed because I made a bet with my friend last e3 that it would never come out in 2015. I'm still waiting for my ten bucks...

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9727 Posts
@nini200 said:

I'm a Zelda fan. I'm not that glad that it got delayed. It got delayed so that the game will be ready for release.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

@GameboyTroy said:
@nini200 said:

I'm a Zelda fan. I'm not that glad that it got delayed. It got delayed so that the game will be ready for release.

Some of the Zelda fans then lol

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

I can't stand that it got delayed. I was furious. No joke. Most likely because the thirst is real. WWHD can sate me for only so long and that time is running out. Thank god for ALBW otherwise I probably would have snapped by now. I get why they did it. But it doesn't mean I'm happy about it.

Thankfully XCX is around the corner and that will keep me occupied for a long long time.

garywood69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By garywood69
Member since 2013 • 518 Posts

@Solaryellow said:

When is the last time you saw Nintendo market something in a proper manner?

Lol, there was a Splatoon ad on this very page for me!

@nini200 said:

Yeah, don't be so quick with the assumptions. Zelda is my favourite series but I'm not too fussed about the delay. I've got plenty to play this year. I'd rather they made the best game they think they can.

Numbersabunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Numbersabunch
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

@bunchanumbers said:

I can't stand that it got delayed. I was furious. No joke. Most likely because the thirst is real. WWHD can sate me for only so long and that time is running out. Thank god for ALBW otherwise I probably would have snapped by now. I get why they did it. But it doesn't mean I'm happy about it.

Thankfully XCX is around the corner and that will keep me occupied for a long long time.

Im ok with it as long as they make the game right

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7264 Posts

@The-Butcher248 said:

If anything Nintendo is focusing a lot of marketing towards Splatoon. Ambii's and a Console set. Xenoblade will probably get a good marketing push in Japan... but can't see it getting a big push in the US.

Actually, the focus they have been putting on Splatoon gives me some hope. I can't think of the last time Nintendo gave a new IP this kind of marketing push. Probably the first Pikmin.

As for Xenoblade, my thinking is that with no Zelda this year Nintendo will want to tell people, "hey, maybe you should try this other hugely epic game we made while you wait".

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts

The marketing push the game gets depend solely upon what the expected return will be. They didn't think much of the original game, just a small vocal internet mob begging for the game. The second one will of course have a little more steam as its a known factor, on a struggling system looking for system sellers(unlike the Wii), so they probably expect(hope)it will do a little better than the original which didn't do too bad for itself. The presence or lack thereof of Zelda has little to do with this.

Avatar image for Master_Of_Fools
Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Master_Of_Fools
Member since 2009 • 1651 Posts

No, with Zelda back to next year, Nintendo better put all their effort into Starfox Wii U and showcasing it, Xenoblade Chronicles X has been hyped up the past what? 2 going on 3 years...Starfox is Nintendo's biggest gun they got right now.

However with Nintendo being brain dead these days, expect Nintendo to waste to much time on their "Fall Smartphone/Ipad games"

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

They should market Xenoblade Chronicles X regardless if Zelda is a 2015 release...its a game from their own company. Any exclusives they get/have should be marketed..Fatal Frame 5, Devil's Third etc..not just Mario, Zelda, or Kirby...etc. Starfox would be mostlikely what they will promote heavily unfortunately as Master_Of_Fools stated.

Nintendo to give Xenoblade Chronicles X a proper marketing?...I'll believe it when I see it. :P

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

@garywood69:

Cookies perhaps?

Has everyone forgotten the marketing blitz of the Wii and then practically nothing with the Wii U? Does "Wii would like to play" ring a bell? I say this not in jest or embellishment but I don't recall EVER seeing a Wii U commercial (console) on the television besides a software commercial a few times. Hell, I have quite a few pieces of literature from Nintendo (during the Wii launch) showcasing the strengths and games and one for the Wii U from Christmas of '13.

garywood69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 garywood69
Member since 2013 • 518 Posts

@Solaryellow said:

@garywood69:

Cookies perhaps?

Has everyone forgotten the marketing blitz of the Wii and then practically nothing with the Wii U? Does "Wii would like to play" ring a bell? I say this not in jest or embellishment but I don't recall EVER seeing a Wii U commercial (console) on the television besides a software commercial a few times. Hell, I have quite a few pieces of literature from Nintendo (during the Wii launch) showcasing the strengths and games and one for the Wii U from Christmas of '13.

Yeah, I haven't watched TV for about 5 years so I can't really help you on that one. I see plenty online though.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

My favourite franchise is Zelda, and I don't care that it got delayed. There are plenty of good games to play right now, more than I have time for. So I'm not sitting here doing nothing until Zelda comes out, so it's not big deal. The important thing is that they take their time on my favourite franchise, and make a good game. The delay is more of a relief that they don't rush this thing. So I agree with TC to an extent.