Paper Mario For Wii U

This topic is locked from further discussion.

calway55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 calway55
Member since 2010 • 382 Posts

Does anyone think there will be a chance that a new Paper Mario will be made for the Wii U?

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34567 Posts
Feels like the chance is slimmer now that one is coming for the 3DS, but I'd totally welcome a Paper Mario for the Wii U some time down the line. So.. I hope.
GamerEye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 GamerEye
Member since 2011 • 1607 Posts

Maybe...but give the one on the 3DS a chance to come out first.

Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 Gamingclone
Member since 2009 • 5224 Posts

not any time soon I dont think, of course now, it is coming, but like I just said, not any time soon.

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
Assuming the 3DS game sells well, I think there is a very good chance a new console Paper Mario will be released at some point during the coming generation.
Meinhard1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Meinhard1
Member since 2010 • 6790 Posts
Probably. The original Paper Mario launched within a year of the Gamecube, and we still got Thousand Year Door.
VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts

I say make a mario RPG. There is a paper mario on the 3DS already. So I say go back to Super Mario RPG.. Or make a Mario and Luigi game

pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 258

#8 pierst179
Member since 2006 • 10805 Posts

Well, since Paper Mario has migrated onto the 3DS, how about sending the Mario and Luigi series to the Wii U? :)

Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#9 Gamingclone
Member since 2009 • 5224 Posts

Well, since Paper Mario has migrated onto the 3DS, how about sending the Mario and Luigi series to the Wii U? :)

Pierst179

Or making another Super Mario RPG? ;)

knuckl3head

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 knuckl3head
Member since 2009 • 908 Posts

Just let it die..

Paper Mario 64 - amazing

TTYD - good

Wii - garbage

If it does happen which seems probable hopefully they don't continue the trend. This was a cool concept and execution the first - even the second time - but now its time to come up with something else.

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts

Just let it die..

Paper Mario 64 - amazing

TTYD - good

Wii - garbage

If it does happen which seems probable hopefully they don't continue the trend. This was a cool concept and execution the first - even the second time - but now its time to come up with something else.

knuckl3head
TTYD improved upon the original in every possible way. They aren't even comparable.
calway55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 calway55

I own and have played every Paper Mario on all of the Nintendo consoles. They just keep getting better. The Wii game with 2d and 3d was much fun.

LJELLZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 LJELLZ
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

When they do make one I hope it's more like the first two or super mario RPG

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

[QUOTE="knuckl3head"]

Just let it die..

Paper Mario 64 - amazing

TTYD - good

Wii - garbage

meetroid8

TTYD improved upon the original in every possible way. They aren't even comparable.

I agree, and yet there is something so great about the original. It just has great environemnts and charming characters. Very memorable game and paved the way for TTYD.

JustBoomer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 JustBoomer
Member since 2012 • 188 Posts

I'll be playing the 3DS version for sure.

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#16 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts
I think for now the focus should be Paper Mario Sticker Star on the 3ds, coming very soon :) One of about 3 games that give me a desire to want a 3ds (even if they're all Mario games).
KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

a mario rpg on wiiU sounds good to me...where do i sign?

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 NaveedLife

KBFloYd

Funny how you say Mario RPG and not Paper Mario. It would be really interesting to see them make a new Mario RPG that is not Paper. Not that I don't love Paper Mario :P.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#19 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

[QUOTE="KBFloYd"]

NaveedLife

Funny how you say Mario RPG and not Paper Mario. It would be really interesting to see them make a new Mario RPG that is not Paper. Not that I don't love Paper Mario :P.

They wont

Super Paper Mario has been the highlight of the franchise, they'll never go back.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#20 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts
I really hope that WiiU get's a Mario & Luigi RPG. As much as I love the Paper Mario series, I think the Mario & Luigi series outshines it in every way possible, and to finally have it come to consoles would be amazing.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Jaysonguy

I really hope that WiiU get's a Mario & Luigi RPG. As much as I love the Paper Mario series, I think the Mario & Luigi series outshines it in every way possible, and to finally have it come to consoles would be amazing.spike6958

Nintendo wont screw with what's working.

Especially the way they're losing money and unable to connect with their audience like they have done in the past.

The style of Super Paper Mario is a strength of the console and the style of Mario and Luigi is a strength of the handheld, with the handheld failing to put up numbers like they expected and the need for the Wii U to get the best start possible I would be shocked if Nintendo went away from what's working.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 NaveedLife

I really hope that WiiU get's a Mario & Luigi RPG. As much as I love the Paper Mario series, I think the Mario & Luigi series outshines it in every way possible, and to finally have it come to consoles would be amazing.spike6958

NO way. Paper Mario > MandL

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#23 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

[QUOTE="spike6958"]I really hope that WiiU get's a Mario & Luigi RPG. As much as I love the Paper Mario series, I think the Mario & Luigi series outshines it in every way possible, and to finally have it come to consoles would be amazing.Jaysonguy

Especially the way they're losing money and unable to connect with their audience like they have done in the past.

The style of Super Paper Mario is a strength of the console and the style of Mario and Luigi is a strength of the handheld, with the handheld failing to put up numbers like they expected and the need for the Wii U to get the best start possible I would be shocked if Nintendo went away from what's working.

But Super Paper Mario sold terribly (at least here in the UK) and I don't know anyone who thinks it's a good game, or worthy addition to the Paper Mario series. Besides the Paper Mario series is been shifted to handhelds now, probably as a result of how disappointing Super Paper Mario was, and is going back to it's RPG routes, so clearly in there eyes Super Paper Mario wasn't the correct way to go and keeping it on consoles wasn't what was working, I doubt we'll ever see a SPM style Paper Mario game again. So with all that happening, why not try Mario & Luigi on console, there is so much more that they could do with it on the WiiU, and unlike Paper Mario, the series isn't really one that would benefit all that much from the 3D effect, so it'll probably be that they'll either make a WiiU game or put Paper Mario on both and kill of the series entirely.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="spike6958"]I really hope that WiiU get's a Mario & Luigi RPG. As much as I love the Paper Mario series, I think the Mario & Luigi series outshines it in every way possible, and to finally have it come to consoles would be amazing.spike6958

But Super Paper Mario sold terribly (at least here in the UK) and I don't know anyone who thinks it's a good game, or worthy addition to the Paper Mario series. Besides the Paper Mario series is been shifted to handhelds now, probably as a result of how disappointing Super Paper Mario was, and is going back to it's RPG routes, so clearly in there eyes Super Paper Mario wasn't the correct way to go and keeping it on consoles wasn't what was working, I doubt we'll ever see a SPM style Paper Mario game again. So with all that happening, why not try Mario & Luigi on console, there is so much more that they could do with it on the WiiU, and unlike Paper Mario, the series isn't really one that would benefit all that much from the 3D effect, so it'll probably be that they'll either make a WiiU game or put Paper Mario on both and kill of the series entirely.

Everything you said there isn't true.

Super Paper Mario is the best selling Mario RPG of all time for a console. I don't know why you think Super Paper Mario sold terribly in the UK but there it sold 3 times more than Thousand Year Door and 4 times better then Paper Mario 64.

Overall Super Paper Mario did better then any Paper Mario game before selling more in every region.

The reason we're seeing the Paper Mario franchise on the 3DS is because the handheld is failing to meet expectations and they're looking for a title that has overall appeal to try to move units.

Lost-to-Apathy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#25 Lost-to-Apathy
Member since 2012 • 459 Posts

There's an extremely high chance that there will be another Mario RPG on the Wii U. Will it be Paper Mario or perhaps something new... who knows?

TheeFuzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 TheeFuzz
Member since 2008 • 157 Posts

I can see Paper Mario coming to Wii U mid or late system life. Heres hoping it refers back to the N64 and GC gameplay. Nothing bad towards Super Paper Mario, its a great game; and Sticker Star looks fantastic. The Wii-U Gamepad will be awesome for managing all of the badges, partners, action commands. Maybe they'll even implement some of the sticker ideas from Sticker Star? I do truely hope this game is released because its a series that takes risks unlike some other Mario series.

calway55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 calway55

That's what I'm talking about! What good ideas for the use of the Gamepad of the Wii U.

Avatar image for themagicbum9720
themagicbum9720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 themagicbum9720
Member since 2007 • 6536 Posts
i'd rather want paper luigi, i remember his stories in the gamecube paper mari. sure they could make that work and not be a cloned game.