OMG I'm Definitely Getting Zombi U (WiiMote Support CONFIRMED)

• 81 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

ZombiU has WiiMote Support

I was in the store earlier and saw ZombiU and checked the back of it to see what all controls were supported, to my VERY FORTUNATE SURPRISE, I found that it will in fact Support WIIMOTE AND NUNCHUCK Controls!!!! This just solidified my purchase of ZombiU!! Can't wait for it now :D

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

I don't want to be the Jasonguy here, but that option might only concern the co-op portion of the game. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

psymon100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 psymon100
Member since 2012 • 6835 Posts

Ah choices, that's great.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 nini200

I don't want to be the Jasonguy here, but that option might only concern the co-op portion of the game. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

Epak_
I sure hope not. I'm sure the game is decent with Dual Analogs but I want it to be good and the only way that is capable with a FPS in my opinion is with Pointer Controls. The Tab can still be used as the backpack so there's no loss there.
nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 nini200

Ah choices, that's great.

psymon100
Agreed 100%
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts
[QUOTE="Epak_"]

nini200
I sure hope not. I'm sure the game is decent with Dual Analogs but I want it to be good and the only way that is capable with a FPS in my opinion is with Pointer Controls. The Tab can still be used as the backpack so there's no loss there.

This game seems like it would be unplayable with the Wiimote, having to constantly put it down to pick up the Gamepad, seems like a headache. So I would have to agree with Epak, I wouldn't bank on this being for the main game. Sometimes options are just not possible and the game is designed around using two screens.
mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#7 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

if i remember right nintendo did say the developers had all the options open to them -eg control settings -as wiiu is infact capable using all wii acessories alongside any wii u branded ones as well ,

so im not surprised

OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts
Ubisoft isn't Treyarch, I wouldn't get my hopes up.
nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 nini200
Ubisoft isn't Treyarch, I wouldn't get my hopes up.OreoMilkshake
Good point but there's still hope
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

Is it just for local multiplayer? Since 4 tablets is not possible.

manicfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#11 manicfoot
Member since 2006 • 2670 Posts

Back when Wii U was first announced, Ubisoft demo'd a game called Zombies Ate My Neighbours, which eventually evolved into ZombiU. They showed off a multiplayer mode in which the player with the Wii U tablet placed zombies on a map in an effort to try and kill the other players (who were using Wiimotes and Nunchucks).

It's possible that this mode made it into the final version of the game. I highly doubt you'll be able to play through the campaign using the Wiimote control scheme because the dual screen set up is such an integral part of the experience Ubisoft is shooting for.

Vickman178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Vickman178
Member since 2011 • 866 Posts

Epak_

This man is correct.

Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#13 Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts

As much as I love using the WiiMote for aiming, how would this even work?

KnightSkull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 KnightSkull
Member since 2011 • 1481 Posts

Back when Wii U was first announced, Ubisoft demo'd a game called Zombies Ate My Neighbours, which eventually evolved into ZombiU. They showed off a multiplayer mode in which the player with the Wii U tablet placed zombies on a map in an effort to try and kill the other players (who were using Wiimotes and Nunchucks).

It's possible that this mode made it into the final version of the game. I highly doubt you'll be able to play through the campaign using the Wiimote control scheme because the dual screen set up is such an integral part of the experience Ubisoft is shooting for.

manicfoot

The game was called 'Killer Freaks from Outer Space' and it was the Killer Freaks that the player with the Gamepad controlled. Somehow Ubisoft went from "Killer Freaks" to zombies.

'Zombies Ate my Neighbors' is a SNES game.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 nini200

Michael0134567
Use the WiiMote and Nunchuck to aim and move and when you need to use the gamepad touch screen, just pick it up. It actually wouldn't be hard at all and it could add to the experience if anything because you'd then feel like you have a gun (WiiMote) and a backpack/decoder (Gamepad)
OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#16 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts
[QUOTE="Michael0134567"]

nini200
Use the WiiMote and Nunchuck to aim and move and when you need to use the gamepad touch screen, just pick it up. It actually wouldn't be hard at all and it could add to the experience if anything because you'd then feel like you have a gun (WiiMote) and a backpack/decoder (Gamepad)

Or stand the Gamepad next to the TV and use the pointer on it when you need to.
manicfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#17 manicfoot
Member since 2006 • 2670 Posts

[QUOTE="manicfoot"]

KnightSkull

The game was called 'Killer Freaks from Outer Space' and it was the Killer Freaks that the player with the Gamepad controlled. Somehow Ubisoft went from "Killer Freaks" to zombies.

I stand corrected! Sorry about that.. Major brain glitch there :P

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts
Choices r good . But I can't stand the pointer for fps myself.
Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Michael0134567

[QUOTE="Michael0134567"]

nini200

I don't know, sounds like it could be a hassle.

goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts

Aw man! PLEASE let me use the wiimote for single player. I want proper shooter controls (aka, not dual analog) and I want want M+ zombie clubbing!

goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 goblaa

[QUOTE="Michael0134567"]

nini200

A much simpler method would to do like metroid prime 3. Holding down a button would bring up on the TV whatever would usually be on the gamepad, over the action. So instead of poking through stuff with a touch screen, you're doing it with a pointer. Same thing really.

psymon100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 psymon100

Why couldn't the content which normally appears on the gamepad just pop up as a UI on the screen?

Need to enter the door code, it pops up on the screen and you punch it in.

Need to look through the inventory, just do it the traditional way.

That's how I'd do it if only I were in the position of power and authority I so deserved!:lol:

Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Michael0134567

[QUOTE="nini200"][QUOTE="Michael0134567"]

goblaa

A much simpler method would to do like metroid prime 3. Holding down a button would bring up on the TV whatever would usually be on the gamepad, over the action. So instead of poking through stuff with a touch screen, you're doing it with a pointer. Same thing really.

I think that's a great idea.
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Sepewrath

Why couldn't the content which normally appears on the gamepad just pop up as a UI on the screen?

Need to enter the door code, it pops up on the screen and you punch it in.

Need to look through the inventory, just do it the traditional way.

That's how I'd do it if only I were in the position of power and authority I so deserved!:lol:

psymon100
Because it would completely defeat the purpose of what their going for. They don't want to just do Dead Space, where things keep moving while you fiddle with the inventory, they want you to look away from the screen.
jeffster85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 jeffster85
Member since 2010 • 2286 Posts
WIIMOTE AND NUNCHUCK Controls!!!!nini200
ewwww get it off. GET IT OFF!!!!
psymon100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 psymon100

Because it would completely defeat the purpose of what their going for. They don't want to just do Dead Space, where things keep moving while you fiddle with the inventory, they want you to look away from the screen. Sepewrath

I know mate, I'm just thinking of how it will play if someone selects a controller other than the GamePad.

Earlier you said:

This game seems like it would be unplayable with the Wiimote, having to constantly put it down to pick up the Gamepad, seems like a headache. So I would have to agree with Epak, I wouldn't bank on this being for the main game. Sometimes options are just not possible and the game is designed around using two screens. Sepewrath

I do agree with this. But at the same time, I'd be surprised if they boxed you into the GamePad. You make a good point that the option may not be possible. I have little else to say ... I just hope the option for other controllers is there.

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
[QUOTE="nini200"][QUOTE="Epak_"]

Sepewrath

This game seems like it would be unplayable with the Wiimote, having to constantly put it down to pick up the Gamepad, seems like a headache. So I would have to agree with Epak, I wouldn't bank on this being for the main game. Sometimes options are just not possible and the game is designed around using two screens.

If they included an option for WiiMote+Nunchuck it wouldn't make any sense to force the player to use the Gamepad too.
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Sepewrath
[QUOTE="meetroid8"] If they included an option for WiiMote+Nunchuck it wouldn't make any sense to force the player to use the Gamepad too.

The game is designed around the use of the screen, there is no NOT using it. So you would either have to switch back and forth all leave the Wiimote off the table.
KnightSkull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 KnightSkull
Member since 2011 • 1481 Posts

[QUOTE="KnightSkull"]

[QUOTE="manicfoot"]

manicfoot

I stand corrected! Sorry about that.. Major brain glitch there :P

Don't let it happen again or I'll set the Killer Freaks on you:x

Avatar image for enrique_marrodz
enrique_marrodz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#30 enrique_marrodz
Member since 2003 • 2107 Posts
That's great! I hope to use Wiimote/Nunchuck and Gamepad. I just love using Wii controls but the Gamepad option is looking pretty interesting too. Same for Pikmin 3 Thanks!
Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#31 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts
the game is all about the gamepad controls. I seriously doubt you can play the game with wiimote controls.
meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 meetroid8
[QUOTE="Sepewrath"][QUOTE="meetroid8"] If they included an option for WiiMote+Nunchuck it wouldn't make any sense to force the player to use the Gamepad too.

The game is designed around the use of the screen, there is no NOT using it. So you would either have to switch back and forth all leave the Wiimote off the table.

I've yet to see ZombiU do anything that couldn't be done with a single screen.
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Sepewrath
Doesn't matter if that's true or not, the game is designed around the concept of using two screens. Its just like when SS came out and some said, you could do the sword combat with an analog stick. Maybe you could, but the game was designed around motion plus so an analog stick wasn't an option. That is likely the same case with the Wiimote.
meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 meetroid8
SS used M+ to do things that couldn't have been done without it. I'm not going to judge this until it releases, but it doesn't seem to be the same case at all. The biggest use of the second screen is that pack, which is just a menu. *Designed around* is a bit of stretch.
goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 goblaa

Doesn't matter if that's true or not, the game is designed around the concept of using two screens. Its just like when SS came out and some said, you could do the sword combat with an analog stick. Maybe you could, but the game was designed around motion plus so an analog stick wasn't an option. That is likely the same case with the Wiimote. Sepewrath

What are they doing on the gamepad that can't be done on the tv? So you fiddle around your inventory on the TV instead of the gamepad...

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 nini200

[QUOTE="nini200"][QUOTE="Michael0134567"]

goblaa

That works as well. That could be the Simple WiiMote Control setup but if you want to actually use all the accessories and feel like you're carrying a bookbag that you actually have to take off, my method works fine too although it's a more advanced setup but it's not a difficult setup. It could be the Elite WiiMote Control Setup where you have to use all three controllers. It'd be a standard WiiMote control setup but when you need to look at items or do an action, you just pick up the gamepad. I like your idea as well though
thetravman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 thetravman
Member since 2003 • 3592 Posts

[QUOTE="Sepewrath"][QUOTE="meetroid8"] If they included an option for WiiMote+Nunchuck it wouldn't make any sense to force the player to use the Gamepad too. meetroid8

One of the game's gimmicks is realism. The second screen is meant to take your focus off the action while doing specific tasks, but you still have the option to look at the main screen to check if the surroundings are safe. It creates tension in a survival horror setting. That's one thing I guess.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#38 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

[QUOTE="Sepewrath"][QUOTE="meetroid8"] If they included an option for WiiMote+Nunchuck it wouldn't make any sense to force the player to use the Gamepad too. meetroid8

If they cop out & allow wiimote to be use..it will be sad, after insisting the game was design around & for the wiiu gamepad.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#39 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

i'd love to use the wiimote + tablet....let's see.

goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 goblaa

[QUOTE="meetroid8"][QUOTE="Sepewrath"] The game is designed around the use of the screen, there is no NOT using it. So you would either have to switch back and forth all leave the Wiimote off the table. thetravman

One of the game's gimmicks is realism. The second screen is meant to take your focus off the action while doing specific tasks, but you still have the option to look at the main screen to check if the surroundings are safe. It creates tension in a survival horror setting. That's one thing I guess.

Again, why the need for the second screen? Why not just have your inventory/whatever pop up on the TV over tha action? Just hold Z to bring up your inventory and release to put it down. You could use the pointer instead of your finger then. AND it would allow you to use the wiimote, so there would be vastly better aiming plus motion+ bat controls and the like.

I haven't seen everything their doing with the gamepad, so I'm sure they will surprise us with some really inventive uses, but it just seems like I'd rather play with the wiimote. It's just like pikmin3. It uses the gamepad, but it seems to run a lot better with the wiimote.

Avatar image for bonesawisready5
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 bonesawisready5
Member since 2011 • 4971 Posts
[QUOTE="Epak_"]

nini200

The game uses the whole dual screen stuff for most of the scares (your eyes on the game pad only to have a zombie pop up on the TV) so I sincerely doubt it will be usable in the single player as that would brake the game. It just isn't designed that way.
meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 meetroid8

[QUOTE="meetroid8"][QUOTE="Sepewrath"] The game is designed around the use of the screen, there is no NOT using it. So you would either have to switch back and forth all leave the Wiimote off the table. superbuuman

If they cop out & allow wiimote to be use..it will be sad, after insisting the game was design around & for the wiiu gamepad.

How is having more features a "cop out"?
thetravman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 thetravman
Member since 2003 • 3592 Posts

[QUOTE="thetravman"]

[QUOTE="meetroid8"] I've yet to see ZombiU do anything that couldn't be done with a single screen.goblaa

Again, why the need for the second screen? Why not just have your inventory/whatever pop up on the TV over tha action? Just hold Z to bring up your inventory and release to put it down. You could use the pointer instead of your finger then. AND it would allow you to use the wiimote, so there would be vastly better aiming plus motion+ bat controls and the like.

I doubt that will present the same level of realism and tension when your view is right beside your inventory. You can easily see movement as opposed of focusing on a seperate screen/view. I forgot to mention also that managing these tasks also forces your hand off the buttons, putting you in an off-guard position. With the pointer controls you mentioned, you're basically always in position and all you have to do is release a button. This gamepad method really sounds like an inconvenience in a typical game but I feel it works in a game like this where there is an extreme emphasis on survival.

soundcellx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 soundcellx
Member since 2006 • 976 Posts

WiiMote - ewww gross

jeffster85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 jeffster85
Member since 2010 • 2286 Posts

WiiMote - ewww gross

soundcellx
i actually agree with you :lol: am i dreaming???
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
people actually LIKE the wiimote/nunchuck?
Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts
people actually LIKE the wiimote/nunchuck?campzor
It worked really well for some games. Skyward Sword, Metroid Prime, Resi 4, and quite a few others. Even PES actually worked well on it.
superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#48 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

How is having more features a "cop out"?meetroid8
Meaning say goodbye to WiiU exclusive...being able to play without the need for WiiU gamepad, just means they're probably planning to release it on XBOX360/PS3. :P

PS: I do like wiimote as a control for this type of game, Im just saying they should stick to what they say.

[QUOTE="campzor"]people actually LIKE the wiimote/nunchuck?Kaze_no_Mirai
It worked really well for some games. Skyward Sword, Metroid Prime, Resi 4, and quite a few others. Even PES actually worked well on it.

Ditto! :)

soundcellx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 soundcellx
Member since 2006 • 976 Posts

[QUOTE="campzor"]people actually LIKE the wiimote/nunchuck?Kaze_no_Mirai

The Wiimote didn't work well for any games since casual motion controls suck.
I would have loved for Zelda Skyward Sword to have superior normal controls, but that still would not have fixed the linearity.

I loved Metroid Prime series when it had normal controls. Also, RE4 is much better with a normal controller too. Fact is that no games are good with motion controls.

NeoStar9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 NeoStar9
Member since 2003 • 1761 Posts

The Wii mote is only for the multiplayer modes. Since it's just all shooting and multiplayer game has one playing using the gamepad and the other using the TV with either the Wii remote or the new pro controller. The single player is gamepad only though. Ubisoft has said this in the past.