rubber-chicken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 rubber-chicken
Member since 2009 • 2081 Posts

I know that each version has different exclusive Pokemon including the legendary (which I don't really care about), as well as a different villain, but what else is different in terms of the experience, if anything at all? I had Sapphire back in the day, as well as Emerald. Would I be getting any kind of fresh experience if I get Omega Ruby instead of Alpha Sapphire in terms of storyline or gameplay? Or does it really not matter?

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

Nope, as you've said the differences are minimal. Each game has access to different Pokemon and Legendary's, and there are minor differences in the story such as which group of villains you face, but everything else is the exact same.

polishkid99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#3 polishkid99
Member since 2007 • 4787 Posts

I base my purchase of Pokemon games by the color of the box-art and the Pokemon on it. They are literally the same game with very minimal differences. I'm getting Sapphire because that's why I chose it back in the day. it was blue and because Groudon has weird T-Rex arms.

CrimsonBrute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#4 CrimsonBrute  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 25603 Posts

I wonder of Nintendo will release an emerald version.

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

@crimsonbrute: Very unlikely considering the games will have some kind of Emerald spin-off quest called Episode Delta for post game, which revolves around Rayquaza.

HowlingLotus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6  Edited By HowlingLotus
Member since 2012 • 657 Posts

I've found it has never really mattered which version you get and this continues to be backed up generation after generation as they're making it easier than ever to trade with people to complete your Pokedex. Getting both versions is essentially if you like to collect games or have the money.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7  Edited By spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

@HowlingLotus said:

I've found it has never really mattered which version you get and this continues to be backed up generation after generation as they're making it easier than ever to trade with people to complete your Pokedex. Getting both versions is essentially if you like to collect games or have the money.

Agreed. I usually buy both, but that's because I like to have one game that I complete the Pokedex on and that stores all my Pokemon, and another that I can do Nuzlocke and challenge runs on.

TJDMHEM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TJDMHEM
Member since 2006 • 3260 Posts

it doesn't matter which one you get.