Official Pokemon Black 2/White 2 Discussion and Info Thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#251 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4827 posts) -

This is becoming extremely interesting. :twisted:

Pokémon + Nobunaga's Ambition - Wi-Fi Event

The cover page of the next Coro Coro magazine has been leaked! Tornadus, Thundurus, and Landorus will get new forms for Black 2 and White 2!

UNCONFIRMED STUFF:

• The original leaker of the magazine states that the magazine showcases Cheren, Bianca, Brock, and Giovanni.
  • Pokewood (A combination of Hollywood and Pokemon) will replace the musicals.
  • Cheren will be a gym leader.
  • The Cloud Trio forms will be a 3DS exclusive. They will only be obtainable in Pokemon AR Searcher and will be sent to your copy of Black 2/White 2.

pokemon-ar-searcher-1.jpg

#252 Posted by moltenix (2487 posts) -

Cool stuff.

Replacing the musical? Well that's a step in the right direction. :P

#253 Posted by Blabadon (27203 posts) -

Cool stuff.

Replacing the musical? Well that's a step in the right direction. :P

moltenix
Why were the musicals even there in the first place GameFreak? They add absolutely nothing to the gameplay or game whatsoever.
#254 Posted by Pixel-Perfect (5778 posts) -

Tornadus, Thundurus, and Landorus will get new forms for Black 2 and White 2!

ANIMEguy10034

zomg, maybe they'll actually be different instead of edited sprites :shock:

On the other hand it looks like they just slapped some wings on Tornadus. :|

#255 Posted by Blabadon (27203 posts) -

[QUOTE="ANIMEguy10034"]

Pixel-Perfect

And now that mark on his chest looks like a fancy purple bra. . . . :twisted:
#256 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4827 posts) -

According to the person who leaked the cover of the magazine, there's a new facility run by Cynthia where you can battle every previous Gym Leader and Elite Four Champion. The facility is called "World Tournament."

IF THIS IS TRUE, HOLY ____! GAMEFREAK, PLEASE TELL US THIS IS TRUE! WE WILL LOVE YOU FOREVER IF THIS IS TRUE! :shock:

*waiting for some confirmations*

#257 Posted by Pixel-Perfect (5778 posts) -

[QUOTE="Pixel-Perfect"]

[QUOTE="ANIMEguy10034"]

Blabadon

And now that mark on his chest looks like a fancy purple bra. . . . :twisted:

Now that you mention it. :shock:

Also

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTb97st-GhIj0t68yPtfqr

#258 Posted by Blabadon (27203 posts) -

I thought Cradily was even funnier in that regard because it has a neck made of... ya' know. :lol: This is why our Pokemon community is so awesome! :cool:

#259 Posted by Blabadon (27203 posts) -
http://i.imgur.com/bgmir.jpg http://i.imgur.com/FCWm0.jpg FEAST YOUR EYES.
#260 Posted by sonictrainer (15185 posts) -

Character

• Alder will appear early on within the game and asks the player to follow him
  • Cheren is a Normal-type Gym Leader
  • Bianca gives you your starter Pokémon as a favour for Juniper
  • Nobody seems to know where N has gone
  • New Professor is Professor Burnett who is in AR Searcher

Pokemon

• Tornadus, Thundurus and Landorus original forms areIncarnation Forme while their new forms areSacred Beast Forme.
  • They are 198, 199 and 200 in the Unova Dex and have no type changes
  • Tornadus' Sacred Beast Forme focuses on Defense, Speed & Special Defense
  • Thundurus' Sacred Beast Forme has increased Special Attack
  • Landorus' Sacred Beast Forme has increased Attack

New Areas

• Mecha Tyranitar is part of PokéWood.
  • Icirrus City Gym Leader Brycen appears, has a confrontation with Homika's father who wants to be a movie star, and is part of PokéWood. PokéWood allows you to select a scenario and then make the movie. Various battles appear
  • Pokémon World Tournament allows you to battle many of the old Gym Leaders and Champions including those listed yesterday and Janine & Blaine.

Anime

• Dawn returns
#261 Posted by Pixel-Perfect (5778 posts) -

Kinda a mixed bag for me. The tournament thing sounds GLORIOUS and I like how Cheren is a Gym Leader now. The alternate forms are indeed different and may even be better than their previous incarnations (not that that's saying much) but I was hoping for some new Pokemon instead of just new forms. I'm disappointed (but not surprised) that you can't actually battle the Mecha-Tyranitar.

#262 Posted by moltenix (2487 posts) -

World Tournament sounds awesome!

I wonder if it's something like the Battleground in Platinum which we use for training or more like an actual tournament like some of the old Battle Frontier facilities.

#263 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4827 posts) -

I never felt so sick in my life... :cry:
Thanks sonictrainer for organizing the new info. I'm going back to bed right after I update.

#264 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4827 posts) -

Updated.

World Tournament totally makes up for the lack of Gym Leader rematches in B/W. And now I'm certain that N will appear later in the game even though they claim to not know where he is! *hype* :D

and now imma spend the rest of the day in my bed =___= Good night/afternoon, everyone!

#265 Posted by Pixel-Perfect (5778 posts) -

Gym Leader rematches in B/W. And now I'm certain that N will appear later in the game even though they claim to not know where he is! *hype* :D

and now imma spend the rest of the day in my bed =___= Good night/afternoon, everyone!

ANIMEguy10034

Feel better. D:

#266 Posted by Blabadon (27203 posts) -

N was already in the scans, yep.

#267 Posted by moltenix (2487 posts) -

Just a tiny bit of news and i'm already super excited for this. :P

#268 Posted by Toxic-Seahorse (4165 posts) -

This is cool, I guess. Although I hate the region and I'm disappointed they're re-using it. The layout is what I don't like. I also don't like the big city, it just didn't feel like pokemon. Wish they would have did it in a traditional way opposed to the way they did it. Like Goldenrod, just bigger. Maybe have street signs or something telling you where stuff is.

#269 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4827 posts) -

Happy Mother's Day to every real and in-game mom out there!

Gen5mom.png

Mom Kanto IV OD.pngJohanna OD.pngMom Johto OD.png

Without them, we wouldn't have running shoes. :P

#270 Posted by sonictrainer (15185 posts) -

• Professor Burnett is the new professor and will appear in the Pokémon AR Searcher 3DS app.

ANIMEguy10034

Actually, that was an translation error. Prof Juniper is still the Region Professor in Unova.

#271 Posted by ShuichiChamp24 (5014 posts) -

Wow I missed a lot during my vacation

Misty, Blue, Giovanni, and the anime!

RaptorJesus.gif

#272 Posted by sonictrainer (15185 posts) -

Better quality Pics

Bianca BW2

Bianca's New Look

Bianca in BW2Bianca BW2 ingameBianca with Starter Pokemon

Cheren Character Art

Cheren's New Look

Cheren in his GymVS CherenCheren and Bianca

Cheren is the gym leader we fight and gives out the Basic Badge.

Badge Case

Tornadus Sacred Beast FormeThundurus Sacred Beast FormeLandorus Sacred Beast Forme

#273 Posted by Pixel-Perfect (5778 posts) -

I'm actually really starting to like Tornadus and Thundorus' new forms. Not a big fan of Landorus', which is weird cause he was the most tolerable of the original three. :P

#274 Posted by moltenix (2487 posts) -

I like the new Bianca. I thought she looked quite silly in the original BW.

#275 Posted by ShuichiChamp24 (5014 posts) -

Can't wait to get the pokedex Pro, It looks like the models have been updated instead of reusing the old 3D ones. or is it just me?

pokedex3dpro_ss3.jpg

#276 Posted by Pixel-Perfect (5778 posts) -

Can't wait to get the pokedex Pro, It looks like the models have been updated instead of reusing the old 3D ones. or is it just me?

pokedex3dpro_ss3.jpg

ShuichiChamp24

Eh, I won't buy it unless it's reasonably priced and lists their actual stats instead of giving them 1 to 5 star ratings like every guide book has done.

#277 Posted by sonictrainer (15185 posts) -

Neo Team Plasma?

Neo Team Plasma in the Anime?

Aw...snaps!

Also, the English name for the new Hometown in BW2 isAspertia City.

#278 Posted by ShuichiChamp24 (5014 posts) -

Eh, I won't buy it unless it's reasonably priced and lists their actual stats instead of giving them 1 to 5 star ratings like every guide book has done.

Pixel-Perfect

Well

"Pokédex 3D Pro is a fully enhanced and upgraded version of the original Pokédex 3D application. It includes detailed information about the more than 600 Pokémon featured in the history of the Pokémon video game series. Pokédex 3D Pro also includes in-depth sorting, comparison and ranking tools, as well as comprehensive details on what abilities each Pokémon can learn and how it evolves. Additionally, the application includes extensive augmented-reality capabilities, including the ability to take photos of Pokémon in the real world. With Pokédex 3D Pro, all known Pokémon are unlocked from the start, allowing players to access a wealth of information that will be useful as they play through Pokémon Black Version 2 and Pokémon White Version 2."

Can't wait to see what they mean.

#279 Posted by Pixel-Perfect (5778 posts) -

That's pretty much what they always say, then they make you pay money for something that's better on Serebii for free. :P

It also seems pretty impractical having to exit the game to use the Pokedex Pro...

#280 Posted by Shinobishyguy (22497 posts) -
Ah, Cheren's pants are still as tight as ever I see.
#281 Posted by Pixel-Perfect (5778 posts) -

Ah, Cheren's pants are still as tight as ever I see.Shinobishyguy

You're just jealous. :P

#282 Posted by sonictrainer (15185 posts) -

Elesa in BW2

Elesa Returns

#283 Posted by ShuichiChamp24 (5014 posts) -

This video just got me so hype for the game! Took a while to get the video though.

Gif 1

ikUvl1wYZLxOZ.gif

#284 Posted by Shinobishyguy (22497 posts) -
Holy hell Elesa what are you wearing?
#285 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4827 posts) -

Team Plasma looks badass. Wut.
Elesa has black hair. Wut.
That gif is extremely epic. o_O

#286 Posted by Pixel-Perfect (5778 posts) -

Team Plasma looks badass. Wut.
Elesa has black hair. Wut.
That gif is extremely epic. o_O

ANIMEguy10034

I'm very tempted to turn that in to my sig. *ponders*

#287 Posted by ShuichiChamp24 (5014 posts) -

Two more

irhLTjQdDd2Zh.gif

i4xaud5wS0BJ8.gif

#288 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4827 posts) -

OH MY ******* GOD

HOLY ****

THAT... THAT WAS THE MOST EPIC POKEMON GAME PROMO I EVER SEEN.

For a second there, I thought this was the trailer for the new season. I was spazzing out in excitement because Ash wasn't there... :P

#289 Posted by Toxic-Seahorse (4165 posts) -

OH MY ******* GOD

HOLY ****

THAT... THAT WAS THE MOST EPIC POKEMON GAME PROMO I EVER SEEN.

For a second there, I thought this was the trailer for the new season. I was spazzing out in excitement because Ash wasn't there... :P

ANIMEguy10034
I like your sig. :P
#290 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4827 posts) -

I like your sig. :PToxic-Seahorse

Thank you. It makes me look like a bigger N fanatic. :P

#291 Posted by elbert_b_23 (8247 posts) -
watching the promo made me wonder two things 1. damn why must it look awesome and 2. why can't nintendo make a real pokemon anime not that mindless crap they have been
#292 Posted by Toxic-Seahorse (4165 posts) -
watching the promo made me wonder two things 1. damn why must it look awesome and 2. why can't nintendo make a real pokemon anime not that mindless crap they have beenelbert_b_23
I've wondered about #2 for a very, very long time. A proper Pokemon show would kick ass.
#293 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4827 posts) -

Is it me or does Team Plasma finally look intimidating? More intimidating than previous villainous teams...

DP55.jpg

They kind of remind me of evil French ninjas. :P

Anyway, I wonder how they fit into the story of Black 2 and White 2. Does Ghetsis return or do they have a new leader?
Hold on... The Shadow Triad returns and they were only loyal to Ghetsis... and N. What if N is evil now...? :shock:

#294 Posted by JessMarz (130 posts) -

I am not sure I will get both of these games. I need to learn which pokemon are exclusive to which game. For sure I will get the one that you can get Growlithe/Arcanine.

#295 Posted by moltenix (2487 posts) -

So guys, when do you think we'll be able to play this?

I wouldn't mind a release earlier in the fall (September, early October). I don't want a repeat of last year where it seemed like EVERYTHING was coming out in October-December. I couldn't afford to get everything at full price and as of now, i'm still waiting for price drops on some of those big releases from last holiday season.

Luckily, this is Pokemon and it has priority over any other game! :P

Regardless, i'm sure E3 isn't gonna be very nice to my wallet though...

#296 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4827 posts) -

I forgot how horrible Autumn 2011 was for my wallet... :shock:
I hope it's released in September.

#297 Posted by moltenix (2487 posts) -

I forgot how horrible Autumn 2011 was for my wallet... :shock:
I hope it's released in September.

ANIMEguy10034

Really? What are you planning on getting?

#298 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4827 posts) -

Really? What are you planning on getting?

moltenix

If the price is right: A Wii U with Assassin's Creed III and Batman Arkham City (maybe), and anything interesting revealed at E3.
I usually pick Pokemon over other games and I wouldn't want it to interfere with my holiday plans. :P

Pokemon Smash just aired. Footage of Pokemon Dream Radar and the Meloetta event will be available soon.
...and Xenoblade is distracting me. :x

#299 Posted by Pixel-Perfect (5778 posts) -

...and Xenoblade is distracting me. :x

ANIMEguy10034

You couldn't have picked a better distraction. :P How far are you?

#300 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4827 posts) -

You couldn't have picked a better distraction. :P How far are you?

Pixel-Perfect

Satorl Marsh. I was supposed to return back to the ruins to proceed with the story, but I'm currently distracted by the sidequests. :P
...and I'm also level grinding. I like having everyone in my party at the same level. C'mon Sharla, level up already! :x