Official Pokemon Black 2/White 2 Discussion and Info Thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#201 Posted by sonictrainer (15184 posts) -

[QUOTE="Pixel-Perfect"]

Eh, I don't really care about what they decide to put in the national dex.

First it was supposed to be cool that the region didn't feature any old pokemon, now it's supposed to be cool that it does. :P

ANIMEguy10034

A National Dex without old pokemon is cool for the start of a generation. That way we can easily adapt to the new designs and it'll be difficult to ignore them.
A National Dex with old pokemon is cool for the end of the generation. A generation diversity would make B2W2 feel different from BW, and people with nostalgia goggles won't complain as much. :P

Although, like I mentioned in a previous post, most of the older ones they've added in so far are Pokemon you can get normally get in Black/White Post game and from the White Forest.

Kinda like they did for Platinum version.

#202 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4770 posts) -

Whoops. I confused the Regional Dex with the National Dex. 361

I now wonder why they call it the 'National' dex instead of 'International'. Are all known regions part of one massive country? :o

Although, like I mentioned in a previous post, most of the older ones they've added in so far are Pokemon you can get normally get in Black/White Post game and from the White Forest.

Kinda like they did for Platinum version.

sonictrainer

That's true, but having older pokemon available before the Elite 4 would be useful for those who can not trade/transfer pokemon.
And we can easily train a full team of Eeveelutions now. :cool:

#203 Posted by Dragrath (95 posts) -
[QUOTE="Pixel-Perfect"]

[QUOTE="TriniPlayer"] Oh ...that's sucks,you don't have a DSi or a 3DS yet?.I could of gave you one but since your internet is down I guess you wouldn't be able to tradeTriniPlayer

Sure I do, but the geniuses at Nintendo decided to region lock the DSi enhanced games so the lite is the only one I have to run it. I have an XL and a 3DS just waiting to be used, but nope. :cry:

I almost feel your pain lol

I can sympathize... I missed the mew-two event because I my college's internet services are not compatible with Nintendo products so I am forced to miss every event that happens when I'm not on break :( at least I can download the dream world ones though...
#204 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4770 posts) -

List of pokemon currently known to be in Unova dex (Thanks, Serebii!)Celebi

Are you guys satisfied with the current choices? Are you planning on using one of these pokemon for your future teams? Anything you like/dislike? Discuss!

I think they are more worthwhile pokemon that could have been added instead of Sunkern and Sunflora. Oh well.
I'm definitely using Metagross and Ampharos in my team. Maybe Arcanine and Weavile.

#205 Posted by Pixel-Perfect (5778 posts) -

For some reason the only thing I'm particularly looking forward to seeing in the wild is Mareep. I wish Ampharos was cool.

#206 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4770 posts) -

For some reason the only thing I'm particularly looking forward to seeing in the wild is Mareep. I wish Ampharos was cool.

Pixel-Perfect

Is it me or does Mareep look much more adorable now?

179.png

And Ampharos IS cool. CHEW.gif

Off topic:
This is honestly one of the best fanart I ever seen.
1024.jpg?md=1335761030000

#207 Posted by Pixel-Perfect (5778 posts) -

Mareep - Cute! Flaaffy - Ahw! Ampharos - Uhh...

Ampharos is inoffensive, but hardly something I'm crazy about. I'd really like an alternate Flaaffy evolution. :P

#208 Posted by Pixel-Perfect (5778 posts) -

This remix... so good. o.o

#209 Posted by sonictrainer (15184 posts) -

Pokemon Black/White Version 2 Global Link

Serebii has a screenshot of the new Global Link for B2/W2.

• This view showcases that the Dream World makes a return within these games as well as a rebrand of the Battle Union.
  • There will be new Pokémon and areas will be in the Dream World, one of them called "Cool Hole".
  • The break between Dream World visits has changed from 24 hours to 20 hours
  • There will be a new promotion that unlocks a special feature if you have a Black or White Version game and a Black 2 or White 2 game registered. Not much else is known
  • The C-Gear gets a new look
  • There will be promotions starting as it opens, one being related to a B2/W2 tournament
  • The Global Trade Station will feature of the Global Link, long hinted at last year, finally will appear in this version. You'll be able to check your own history on the GTS and check various statistics.
  • A Report feature is used for the GTS and GBU records
  • The Global Link will go down on June 5th and will be re-opened with this look on June 21st.Downtime also running in all other areas with the aesthetic changes coming at the same time and some of the new features, just without the Black 2 & White 2 compatibility until launch
#210 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4770 posts) -

Thanks for the info! Updated. :)

I'm impressed with what we currently know about the new Global Link. Thank arceus we don't have to wait 24 hours to use Dream World again. 20 hours isn't much of an improvement, but at least it's something. 33E
Hopefully we'll have the option to plant berries in Dream World or in-game. Also, they better fix those bugs and glitches! :x

I hope the next Pokemon Smash reveals something big. The previous one was pretty lackluster.

#211 Posted by Rod90 (7266 posts) -

Pixel-Perfect
Retro!
#212 Posted by Toxic-Seahorse (4136 posts) -

Ampharos is inoffensive, but hardly something I'm crazy about. I'd really like an alternate Flaaffy evolution. :P

Pixel-Perfect
Are you serious? I love Ampharos. One of my favorite pokemon. It looks so awesome. :P
#213 Posted by Pixel-Perfect (5778 posts) -

[QUOTE="Pixel-Perfect"]

Toxic-Seahorse

Are you serious? I love Ampharos. One of my favorite pokemon. It looks so awesome. :P

Absolutely. The Chikorita line is the same for me.

Chikorita - Obsess! Bayleef - Awesome. Meganium - derp.

#214 Posted by Pixel-Perfect (5778 posts) -

[QUOTE="Pixel-Perfect"]

Rod90

Retro!

I'm currently mildly obsessed with this.

#215 Posted by Toxic-Seahorse (4136 posts) -

[QUOTE="Toxic-Seahorse"][QUOTE="Pixel-Perfect"]

Pixel-Perfect

Absolutely. The Chikorita line is the same for me.

Chikorita - Obsess! Bayleef - Awesome. Meganium - derp.

I agree with you on that one. In fact, when I played Silver I used an everstone on Bayleef. But Ampharos is awesome.
#216 Posted by Pixel-Perfect (5778 posts) -

But Ampharos is awesome.Toxic-Seahorse

O-oh yeah!? Well, your opinion is wrong!!1!:evil:

:P

#217 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4770 posts) -

Oh look!

No new info in this week's Pokemon Smash!

Platinum Dawn.png

Hopefully they'll reveal some exciting stuff next week. I'm becoming impatient. :x

By the way, what do you guys think about Keldeo?

647Keldeo.png
Water/Fighting type
Great Defense, Special Defense, and Speed stats. Highest Special Attack of all Fighting-type pokemon.
Pretty unique.
The only thing I dislike about it is its movepool. It lacks a variety of special attacking moves.

#218 Posted by Pixel-Perfect (5778 posts) -

Keldeo is pretty cute I guess... And it's one of only two fully evolved Water/Fighting types, so that's cool. It certainly doesn't look legendary, and since it's classified as such that's pretty much my only complaint. As far as how it fares competitively, I don't know and I have no opinion.

#219 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4770 posts) -

At least it's more legendary than Phione. :P

#220 Posted by Pixel-Perfect (5778 posts) -

Well I wouldn't call Phione a legendary, but yeah. :P

#221 Posted by KingTut17 (1 posts) -
[QUOTE="Pixel-Perfect"]

[QUOTE="TriniPlayer"] Oh ...that's sucks,you don't have a DSi or a 3DS yet?.I could of gave you one but since your internet is down I guess you wouldn't be able to tradeTriniPlayer

Sure I do, but the geniuses at Nintendo decided to region lock the DSi enhanced games so the lite is the only one I have to run it. I have an XL and a 3DS just waiting to be used, but nope. :cry:

What does the region lock do?
#222 Posted by Pixel-Perfect (5778 posts) -

[QUOTE="TriniPlayer"][QUOTE="Pixel-Perfect"]

KingTut17

What does the region lock do?

It means an American 3DS can't play Japanese games.

#223 Posted by daiyume (308 posts) -

Its annoying how they still refuse to show the IVs/EVs of PKMN within the game. Why couldn't they just add it to the stats screen? It would save competitive players a lot more trouble =.=;;

#224 Posted by Pixel-Perfect (5778 posts) -

Its annoying how they still refuse to show the IVs/EVs of PKMN within the game. Why couldn't they just add it to the stats screen? It would save competitive players a lot more trouble =.=;;

daiyume

Truer words have never been said.

#225 Posted by gpuFX16 (1296 posts) -

daiyume

The least they could do is bring back the app watch and have that as an EV/IV tracker. The counter app in DPP definitely made things a bit easier when EV training. +2, +4, etc. Reset the thing once you hit 252 or whatever.

#226 Posted by starfox15 (3966 posts) -

Wasn't really blown away by White so we'll see what it looks like when it launches.

I'm still not exactly sure what it is at this point.

#227 Posted by moltenix (2487 posts) -

Just dropping in to say hi. :P

#228 Posted by Pixel-Perfect (5778 posts) -

moltenix

Yay!

#229 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4770 posts) -

moltenix

Hi, moltenix! :D I couldn't recognize you without your Scraggy icon. :P

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR6I6nZiehMzgy2F7mV9ND

We miss you. D:

#230 Posted by Pixel-Perfect (5778 posts) -

Hi, moltenix! :D I couldn't recognize you without your Scraggy icon. :P

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR6I6nZiehMzgy2F7mV9ND

We miss you. D:

ANIMEguy10034

The official thread just isn't the same without him.:cry:

#231 Posted by moltenix (2487 posts) -

Sorry, there hasn't exactly been lots of new news to talk about. :P

#232 Posted by Pixel-Perfect (5778 posts) -

B-but! But!

:cry:

#233 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4770 posts) -

The least they could do is bring back the app watch and have that as an EV/IV tracker. The counter app in DPP definitely made things a bit easier when EV training. +2, +4, etc. Reset the thing once you hit 252 or whatever.

gpuFX16

The Poketch was probably the most useful portable device obtainable in Pokemon games. I wish 6th gen introduces an enhanced version of it.
Having a calculator, pedometer, pokemon list, friendship checker, berry searcher, dowsing, day care checker, move tester, calendar, matchup checker, etc all in one device was glorious. The only flaw was the way you had to scroll for the apps.

The PokeGear was only useful for phone calls and I feel like the C-Gear could have been utilized better.

Oh, and I hope they bring back the berry pots, pokeradar, Vs. Seeker, and other great features that were excluded from Black and White. =___=

#234 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4770 posts) -

Sorry, there hasn't exactly been lots of new news to talk about. :P

moltenix

Ehh... Yeah, I don't blame you.

Nothing exciting has been revealed in the past 3 weeks. The second trailer and the opening cinematic was cool, but 3 minutes of Keldeo battling was pretty meh.
They have 7 more weeks to convince the non-addicted fans to buy these games. :P

#235 Posted by moltenix (2487 posts) -

Why wait for Gen 6, I want it now in BW2! :D

C-Gear is very underwhelming imo. The only thing it has going for it is the cool backgrounds which I don't even see since I never turn it on. :P

It would've worked so much better with Streetpass on the 3DS. I actually carry my 3DS around at school everyday in sleep mode.

#236 Posted by moltenix (2487 posts) -

Ehh... Yeah, I don't blame you.

Nothing exciting has been revealed in the past 3 weeks. The second trailer and the opening cinematic was cool, but 3 minutes of Keldeo battling was pretty meh.
They have 7 more weeks to convince the non-addicted fans to buy these games. :P

ANIMEguy10034

I'm sure anyone who enjoyed BW1 will want to get the sequels. Those that didn't get the originals, I don't think we're gonna see anything major that will have them change their minds.

I can't wait for E3, it's not just this but there hasn't been any big gaming news lately. My last purchase was Xenoblade which I really need to get started on.

#237 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4770 posts) -

It would've worked so much better with Streetpass on the 3DS. I actually carry my 3DS around at school everyday in sleep mode.

moltenix

The potential Gen V could have had with 3DS hardware!! :cry:

GameFreak better blow our minds with Gen 6. :evil:
...or the Hoenn remakes if GameFreak feels like releasing another remake. It better be for the 3DS. :|

#238 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4770 posts) -

I'm sure anyone who enjoyed BW1 will want to get the sequels. Those that didn't get the originals, I don't think we're gonna see anything major that will have them change their minds.

I can't wait for E3, it's not just this but there hasn't been any big gaming news lately. My last purchase was Xenoblade which I really need to get started on.

moltenix

I'm somewhat hesitant for E3. I have no idea what to expect and my wallet is suffering. I want to see it, but I don't want to see it at the same time. :lol:
I still have to buy Xenoblade. I have the money for it, but the upcoming AP exam, French and Physics finals, and the June SAT are preventing me from buying it. I need to play and complete a game as soon as I buy it. :x

#239 Posted by gpuFX16 (1296 posts) -

I turned on the C-Gear maybe once. Had nos use for it. Dream World either. I was too lazy to do the whole DW thing, even if it was the only way to get the EV-reducing berries. (WTF, GF?)

A 3DS main series game does need to arrive soon. B/W are good, but there's room to grow on the 3DS. Now if only the N would hurry up and slap that second analog stick on a 3DS redesign and I might actually buy one.

#240 Posted by moltenix (2487 posts) -

Hey guys, when was Victini last given out over WiFi?

I was bored and decided to pick up White to get the new Darkrai. Apparently I have a queue of Mystery Gift Pokemon including Victini and Mewtwo. :P

#241 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4770 posts) -

The last Victini event was for the 14th movie.

December 3, 2011 - December 31, 2012

Ability: Victory Star
Any Nature
Item: Fire Gem

Moves:

V-Create
Fusion Flare
Fusion Bolt
Searing Shot

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTHhQxNFWdDz5UYsSrAZmw

#242 Posted by moltenix (2487 posts) -

Dang, that was months ago. :P

#243 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4770 posts) -

I can't believe that it has been 5 months. o__o
I can't believe Black and White were revealed 2 years ago... :shock:

#244 Posted by Blabadon (26593 posts) -

Once again, nice thread my friend! :D

Having been gone for a week and a half suspension, I went to Serebii for a while. Pretty decent forum. They have some pretty cool BW2 forums that are fast.

#245 Posted by Pixel-Perfect (5778 posts) -

Serebii is a fine community. I started my competitive battling on those boards. :)

I was known as Lv100 and everyone either loved of feared me, mwahahaha!:twisted:

#246 Posted by sillyseaotter (179 posts) -

I will buy it, but only because I am gullible. I'm actually really disappointed that they are doing this. Its usually a new color, and more pokemon etc. They have never made a "x color" 2 game before. If you ask me they need to make a game, where you start out where red blue and yellow were (kanto?) then move to the next where gold and silver were, then whatever, and so on and so on, and make an all inclusive game. And also, with the 3ds AR card technology, they need to do some sort of real like card game / battle yugioh type deal, I want to battle someone on my 3ds so it looks real lol. Any way sorry for the rant, I have black, ill probably buy white 2

#247 Posted by Blabadon (26593 posts) -

I will buy it, but only because I am gullible. I'm actually really disappointed that they are doing this. Its usually a new color, and more pokemon etc. They have never made a "x color" 2 game before. If you ask me they need to make a game, where you start out where red blue and yellow were (kanto?) then move to the next where gold and silver were, then whatever, and so on and so on, and make an all inclusive game. And also, with the 3ds AR card technology, they need to do some sort of real like card game / battle yugioh type deal, I want to battle someone on my 3ds so it looks real lol. Any way sorry for the rant, I have black, ill probably buy white 2

sillyseaotter
This all regions in one game mentality never works out on paper.
#248 Posted by Blabadon (26593 posts) -

Unova Regional Dex: COMPLETE! :D

#249 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4770 posts) -

Blabadon

Congrats! :D

Now to complete the National Dex! :cool:

#250 Posted by Blabadon (26593 posts) -

[QUOTE="Blabadon"]

ANIMEguy10034

Congrats! :D

Now to complete the National Dex! :cool:

Thanks! :D I think I may forget about the National one unless I do a lot more trades, things like Friendship really ticked me off (oh the irony), and among four Pokemon I used all eleven of my Rare Candies getting them to evolve. :(