Official Pokemon Black 2/White 2 Discussion and Info Thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#101 Posted by Pixel-Perfect (5778 posts) -

[QUOTE="Pixel-Perfect"]

I dunno what I want to pick... I've picked Oshawott twice now, maybe I'll just go for a third... and a fourth when I get the American version.:shock:

Rod90

Why don't you just wait for the american version??

Because I don't like having to wait five months for the Japanese to have their turn. The wait is a little shorter this time, but still.

#102 Posted by TriniPlayer (7722 posts) -

[QUOTE="TriniPlayer"]So will team plasma keep their positions as the villians or will we have new villians in the game? (I didn't watch the trailer btw since I wanted to avoid any further possible spoilers)ANIMEguy10034

We don't know yet, but something in the trailer could answer your question. We don't know who they are and if they serve a purpose in the story.

Hmm tempting but I might have to pass,thanks for the heads up though

#103 Posted by TriniPlayer (7722 posts) -

[QUOTE="Rod90"][QUOTE="Pixel-Perfect"]

I dunno what I want to pick... I've picked Oshawott twice now, maybe I'll just go for a third... and a fourth when I get the American version.:shock:

Pixel-Perfect

Why don't you just wait for the american version??

Because I don't like having to wait five months for the Japanese to have their turn. The wait is a little shorter this time, but still.

Plus she gets exclusive events in Japan also
#104 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4701 posts) -

Thanks for the video, sonictrainer! I'll just wait until a clearer one shows up to add in the OP.

I'm somewhat disappointed with the new intro. I was hoping for another mysterious cinematic like in BW, but the new intro is still nice. :P It gives off a Heartgold/Soulsilver vibe, IMO.

I wonder if B2W2 is as linear and story-driven as Black and White. I'm getting the feeling that it isn't, but I could be wrong.

*continues to watch video*

#105 Posted by Pixel-Perfect (5778 posts) -

It looks to me like they're making Black and White 2 a more traditional Pokemon game.

#106 Posted by sonictrainer (15184 posts) -

Homika has a Koffing!

#107 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4701 posts) -

It looks to me like they're making Black and White 2 a more traditional Pokemon game.

Pixel-Perfect

Hopefully the story is decent. Beat 7 gyms, defeat Team _____, capture legendary mascot, defeat 8th gym leader, go through Elite 4, and defeat Champion is getting old. :?

#108 Posted by Pixel-Perfect (5778 posts) -

[QUOTE="Pixel-Perfect"]

ANIMEguy10034

Hopefully the story is decent. Beat 7 gyms, defeat Team _____, capture legendary mascot, defeat 8th gym leader, go through Elite 4, and defeat Champion is getting old. :?

Eh, I'll be okay with it. I hope they can still take this opportunity to surprise the players instead of falling back on the old formula though.

You know, it's starting to look like we should just make this the new official thread. :P

#109 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4701 posts) -

Eh, I'll be okay with it. I hope they can still take this opportunity to surprise the players instead of falling back on the old formula though.

You know, it's starting to look like we should just make this the new official thread. :P

Pixel-Perfect

Surprises are fun. Especially that unforgettable one from BW. *__*

You think so? If we do make this the new official thread, do I put "OFFICIAL" on the thread title or do I need some kind of special permission? :P

#110 Posted by Pixel-Perfect (5778 posts) -

[QUOTE="Pixel-Perfect"]

ANIMEguy10034

You think so? If we do make this the new official thread, do I put "OFFICIAL" on the thread title or do I need some kind of special permission? :P

Haha yeah, Moltenix might be mad at you for stealing the official thread from him. :P

Anyways, all you'd have to do is change the title and update the thread when new information comes out. It looks like the discussion has moved here so we might as well make it official. :)

#111 Posted by Sepewrath (28689 posts) -
It looks like The Day After Tomorrow hit Pokemon lol.
#112 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4701 posts) -

Whew. I'm done organizing and editing for now. :D

Sorry moltenix! :oops:

#113 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4701 posts) -

It looks like The Day After Tomorrow hit Pokemon lol. Sepewrath

...and Unova is based on New York City...
I think you're on to something here! :shock:

#114 Posted by Pixel-Perfect (5778 posts) -

[QUOTE="Sepewrath"]It looks like The Day After Tomorrow hit Pokemon lol. ANIMEguy10034

...and Unova is based on New York City...
I think you're on to something here! :shock:

I-It's a conspiracy! :shock:

#115 Posted by Pixel-Perfect (5778 posts) -

Whew. I'm done organizing and editing for now. :D

ANIMEguy10034

Oooooh, looking good. Let the Pokemon hype train commence!

#116 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4701 posts) -

There's a lot of crazy hair styles in the new Unova region. I wonder if it'll ever be a trend 2 years from now. :P

#117 Posted by Soulreavercross (19890 posts) -
Too many things looks to be ported instead of being new. I have a bad feeling this game will be an update to the original and not a new experience
#118 Posted by Pixel-Perfect (5778 posts) -

But his hair... it just seems so powerful. Like it's being swept up in a powerful aura. For one researching power, no other haircut will do.

I actually think it's a really neat design. :P

#119 Posted by Pixel-Perfect (5778 posts) -

Too many things looks to be ported instead of being new. I have a bad feeling this game will be an update to the original and not a new experienceSoulreavercross

It's certainly looking that way so far. Here's hoping Gamefreak still has some tricks up its sleeves.

#120 Posted by Pixel-Perfect (5778 posts) -

Ahw man, I just realized... I'm going to get Pokemon Conquest and Pokemon Black 2 within days of each other... June's going to be a very Pokemon heavy month for me. :shock:

#121 Posted by Sepewrath (28689 posts) -
Too many things looks to be ported instead of being new. I have a bad feeling this game will be an update to the original and not a new experienceSoulreavercross
Its a sequel, of course they are going to re-use assets. That doesn't mean a game cant offer something new, Galaxy 2 offered a lot more than the first game, using the same engine and assets. In reality, it allows developers to focus solely on content vs starting for scratch.
#122 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4701 posts) -

Sepewrath makes a good point, but Galaxy 2 was made because there was a lot of leftover ideas that were not used in Galaxy 1.
Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 are the FIFTH main series Pokemon games on the DS if you count paired games as one. I don't work at GameFreak so I have no idea on their situation, but if I had to guess, they were probably struggling on how B2W2 could feel fresh without completely changing the formula.
It's too early to criticize B2W2 for giving off that "been there, done that" vibe, but I do hope that GameFreak surprises us with stuff that we have not seen before.
If they don't, I'm still buying it and they will still gain millions. It's the power of addicting games and a large, dedicated fanbase. :P

*still bitter that it wasn't a 3DS game*

#123 Posted by Nintendo_Ownes7 (30917 posts) -

Here is a link to some more art work.

Preorder Bonus Preorder Bonus

Those three images are for if you Preorder at a Retail store.

I'm not sure if it is Japan Only retail bonus or not.

#124 Posted by YoshiYogurt (5973 posts) -

[QUOTE="Nintendo_Ownes7"]

It was weird that I chose Oshawott because I never chose a Water Pokemon as a Starter I always chose Fire or Grass starters.

Gen 1 (Charmander) Once I chose Bulbasaur and it was too easy
Gen 2 (Chikorita) When I chose Cyndaquil the game was too easy
Gen 3 I never played it so I don't know who I would've chosen
Gen 4 (Chimchar)
Gen 5 (Snivy and Oshawott)

Pixel-Perfect

Same here, I always pick fire or grass but my list is reversed from yours. :P

Gen 1 Bulbasaur

Gen 2 Cyndaquil

Gen 3 Torchic

Gen 4 Turtwig

Gen 5 Oshawott

My personal list IN MY OPINION, based on design of all 3 evolution stages ,not power

Gen 1. bulbasaur/charmander TIE squirtle is cool too

Gen 2. Cyndiquil is the best hands down, totodile is pretty cool, chikorita blows

Gen 3. Torchic because Blaziken is my favorite starter evolution, mudkip and treeko are cool too

Gen 4. Piplup by far! empoleon is water AND steel, awesome combo! Turtwig is OK... chimchar is meh...

Gen 5. Snivy is a boss, oshawatt and tepig are little disappointing...

#125 Posted by Pixel-Perfect (5778 posts) -

Here is a link to some more art work.

Those three images are for if you Preorder at a Retail store.

I'm not sure if it is Japan Only retail bonus or not.

Nintendo_Ownes7

Ooooh, those would make cool posters.

#126 Posted by Pixel-Perfect (5778 posts) -

My personal list IN MY OPINION, based on design of all 3 evolution stages ,not power

Gen 2. Cyndiquil is the best hands down, totodile is pretty cool, chikorita blows

Gen 3. Torchic because Blaziken is my favorite starter evolution, mudkip and treeko are cool too

Gen 4. Piplup by far! empoleon is water AND steel, awesome combo! Turtwig is OK... chimchar is meh...

YoshiYogurt

Ahw, Chikorita is awesome! Meganium, not so much...

#127 Posted by elbert_b_23 (8247 posts) -

[QUOTE="YoshiYogurt"]My personal list IN MY OPINION, based on design of all 3 evolution stages ,not power

Pixel-Perfect

he just doesn't understand Chikorita's awesomeness
#128 Posted by YoshiYogurt (5973 posts) -
[QUOTE="Pixel-Perfect"]

[QUOTE="YoshiYogurt"]My personal list IN MY OPINION, based on design of all 3 evolution stages ,not power

elbert_b_23

he just doesn't understand Chikorita's awesomeness

I'm sorry I just don't...
#129 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11598 posts) -

Gen 1 starters>Gen 2 starters>Gen 4 starters>Gen 3 starters>Gen 5 starters.

#130 Posted by Pixel-Perfect (5778 posts) -

Here's how I see the starters. For me the 1st and 4th gen sets are tied except for the 2nd stage that doesn't matter as much, and Hoenn's starters are my least favorite set overall.

1st Stage

1. 1st-4th gen (Tie)

3. 2nd gen

4. 5th gen

5. 3rd gen

2nd Stage

1. 1st-5th gen (Tie)

3. Gen 2

4. 3rd-4th gen (Tie)

3rd Stage

1. 1st-4th gen (Tie)

3. 5th gen

4. 2nd gen

5. 3rd gen

#131 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4701 posts) -

Design:

Gen 4 Starters > Gen 5, 2, and 1 tied > Gen 3 starters

Type:

Gen 4 Starters > Gen 3 Starters > Gen 5 Starters > Gen 2 Starters > Gen 1 Starters

#132 Posted by Nintendo_Ownes7 (30917 posts) -

Design:

Gen 4 Starters > Gen 5, 2, and 1 tied > Gen 3 starters

Type:

Gen 4 Starters > Gen 3 Starters > Gen 5 Starters > Gen 2 Starters > Gen 1 Starters

ANIMEguy10034

For Type

Gen 1 had Grass/Poison starter, Fire/Flying starter, and Water starter
Gen 2 had Grass starter, Fire starter, and Water starter
Gen 3 had Grass starter, Fire/Fighting starter, and Water/Ground starter
Gen 4 had Grass/Ground starter, Fire/Fighting starter, and Water/Steel starter
Gen 5 had Grass starter, Fire/Fighting starter, and Water starter

I just wish they stop using Fire/Fighting starters because it is the 3rd Gen in a row they had that.

I just typed it out because it is easier to visualize and I think I would have to agree with you about rating them based on types.

#133 Posted by sonictrainer (15184 posts) -

OK, so the new Unova Pokedex has 300 Pokemon.

That's 155 Unova Pokemon (including Keldeo, Meloetta, and Genesect) + 145 Older Pokemon

So far the older Pokemon being added are:

• -Azurill,Marill, and Azumarill (White Forest)
  • -Beldum, Metang, and Metagross (Giant Chasm)
  • -Eevee, Vaporeon, Jolteon, Flareon, Espeon, Umbreon, Leafeon, and Glaceon (Dream World Event)
  • -Growlithe and Arcanine (Dream World)
  • -Koffing and Weezing (Dream World)
  • -Lapras (Village Bridge)
  • -Larvitar, Pupitar, and Tyranitar (Route 15)
  • -Mantyke and Mantine (Undella Town)
  • -Mareep, Flaaffy, Ampharos (White Forest)
  • -Psyduck and Golduck (Route 11, 14, and Village Bridge)
  • -Riolu and Lucario (Challenger's Cave)
  • -Sneasel and Weavile (Giant Chasm)
  • -Wingull and Pelipper (Undella Town)

That's 35 older Pokemon so far, who were originally obtainable in the Post game or the Dream World in B/W. Who will the other 110 be?

#134 Posted by spike6958 (4700 posts) -

OK, so the new Unova Pokedex has 300 Pokemon.

That's 155 Unova Pokemon (including Keldeo, Meloetta, and Genesect) + 145 Older Pokemon

So far the older Pokemon being added are:

• -Azurill,Marill, and Azumarill (White Forest)
  • -Beldum, Metang, and Metagross (Giant Chasm)
  • -Eevee, Vaporeon, Jolteon, Flareon, Espeon, Umbreon, Leafeon, and Glaceon (Dream World Event)
  • -Growlithe and Arcanine (Dream World)
  • -Koffing and Weezing (Dream World)
  • -Lapras (Village Bridge)
  • -Larvitar, Pupitar, and Tyranitar (Route 15)
  • -Mantyke and Mantine (Undella Town)
  • -Mareep, Flaaffy, Ampharos (White Forest)
  • -Psyduck and Golduck (Route 11, 14, and Village Bridge)
  • -Riolu and Lucario (Challenger's Cave)
  • -Sneasel and Weavile (Giant Chasm)
  • -Wingull and Pelipper (Undella Town)

That's 35 older Pokemon so far, who were originally obtainable in the Post game or the Dream World in B/W. Who will the other 110 be?

sonictrainer
I'm hoping for Donphan and Heracross, if there added I can use, almost, my entire main Heart Gold Team (Meganium, Heracross, Lapras, Arcanine, Donphan and Espeon), I guess replacing Meganium with Snivy wouldn't be too bad, it's the only Unova starter I've not used.
#135 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4701 posts) -

I just wish they stop using Fire/Fighting starters because it is the 3rd Gen in a row they had that.

I just typed it out because it is easier to visualize and I think I would have to agree with you about rating them based on types.Nintendo_Ownes7

I agree. I wanted the Tepig family to be Fire/Ground (pig and mud and stuff :P) and I was highly disappointed that they made another Fire/Fighting. I hope they change it up a bit for 6th Gen.

sonictrainer

I would like to see starter pokemon in the wild for once. Pretty please, Gamefreak. :oops:
At least the Hoenn starters to celebrate the 10th anniversary of Ruby and Sapphire (if we don't get remakes).

#136 Posted by spike6958 (4700 posts) -

[QUOTE="Nintendo_Ownes7"]I just wish they stop using Fire/Fighting starters because it is the 3rd Gen in a row they had that.

I just typed it out because it is easier to visualize and I think I would have to agree with you about rating them based on types.ANIMEguy10034

I agree. I wanted the Tepig family to be Fire/Ground (pig and mud and stuff :P) and I was highly disappointed that they made another Fire/Fighting. I hope they change it up a bit for 6th Gen.

I wanted Tepig to end up as a Fire/Dark type, as kind of a nod to Ganon/Ganondorf. Also Snivy should have been Grass/Dragon, or at the very least Grass Poison, I mean it was suppose to be a Serpent.

#137 Posted by Pixel-Perfect (5778 posts) -

[QUOTE="ANIMEguy10034"]

[QUOTE="Nintendo_Ownes7"]I just wish they stop using Fire/Fighting starters because it is the 3rd Gen in a row they had that.

I just typed it out because it is easier to visualize and I think I would have to agree with you about rating them based on types.spike6958

I wanted Tepig to end up as a Fire/Dark type, as kind of a nod to Ganon/Ganondorf. Also Snivy should have been Grass/Dragon, or at the very least Grass Poison, I mean it was suppose to be a Serpent.

They probably don't want a starter to be a Dragon since it's generally considered to be the strongest type, but based on its design it certainly should have been.

#138 Posted by Nintendo_Ownes7 (30917 posts) -

[QUOTE="spike6958"]

[QUOTE="ANIMEguy10034"] I agree. I wanted the Tepig family to be Fire/Ground (pig and mud and stuff :P) and I was highly disappointed that they made another Fire/Fighting. I hope they change it up a bit for 6th Gen.Pixel-Perfect

They probably don't want a starter to be a Dragon since it's generally considered to be the strongest type, but based on its design it certainly should have been.

Dragon is only weak against Ice and Dragon Type. But what if it was Grass/Dragon it would have more type disadvantages then a pure Dragon type.

It would have the same weaknesses as pure Grass and pure Dragon. Since Dragon is the 2nd type.

Grass is weak against Bug, Fire, Flying, Ice, and Poison. So it might gain some advantages but it will also get 4X Weakness to Ice since both Dragon and Grass are weak to it.

I'm guessing because I don't really know exactly how it works.

#139 Posted by Pixel-Perfect (5778 posts) -

[QUOTE="Pixel-Perfect"]

[QUOTE="spike6958"] I wanted Tepig to end up as a Fire/Dark type, as kind of a nod to Ganon/Ganondorf. Also Snivy should have been Grass/Dragon, or at the very least Grass Poison, I mean it was suppose to be a Serpent.

Nintendo_Ownes7

Dragon is only weak against Ice and Dragon Type. But what if it was Grass/Dragon it would have more type disadvantages then a pure Dragon type.

It would have the same weaknesses as pure Grass and pure Dragon. Since Dragon is the 2nd type.

Grass is weak against Bug, Fire, Flying, Ice, and Poison. So it might gain some advantages but it will also get 4X Weakness to Ice since both Dragon and Grass are weak to it.

I'm guessing because I don't really know exactly how it works.

Well if it were me, I'd have made it a grass dragon. I made my own set of starters and my fire type's final stage was a fire/dragon. :P That's just how I assume Gamefreak feels about it.

#140 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4701 posts) -

Grass/Dragon:

x1 Normal, x1 Fire, x0.25 Water, x0.25 Electric, x0.25 Grass, x4 Ice, x1 Fighting, x2 Poison, x0.25 Ground, x2 Flying, x1 Psychic, x2 Bug, x1 Rock, x1 Ghost, x2 Dragon, x1 Dark, x1 Steel

5 weaknesses

------------------------------------------------

Grass:

x1 Normal, x2 Fire, x0.5 Water, x0.5 Electric, x0.5 Grass, x2 Ice, x1 Fighting, x2 Poison, x0.5 Ground, x2 Flying, x1 Psychic, x2 Bug, x1 Rock, x1 Ghost, x1 Dragon, x1 Dark, x1 Steel

5 weaknessess

If Samurott was Water/Ice and Serperior was Grass/Dragon, the Unova starters would have had a pretty good type balance.

#141 Posted by Rod90 (7266 posts) -
I like trains.
#142 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4701 posts) -

File:Battle Subway Map.pngFile:Unova Nimbasa City Map.png

Have you guys noticed that 4 of the subway lines lead to areas that were inaccessible in Black and White?

The Brown line goes to Anville, but forks into 2 seperate paths.
The Gold line goes to someplace unknown.
The Magenta line probably goes to Hiougi City, which was recently revealed.
The Skyblue line goes to someplace unknown.

Maybe we'll be able to go to these places in B2W2.

#143 Posted by Pixel-Perfect (5778 posts) -

If Samurott was Water/Ice and Serperior was Grass/Dragon, the Unova starters would have had a pretty good type balance.

ANIMEguy10034

Water Ice is pretty bad typing though. :P

#144 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4701 posts) -

Pixel-Perfect

And the only logical type for Samurott besides pure Water. Fine, Samurott keeps his pure Water typing. I just remembered that it can learn Ice, Flying and Bug type moves.

#145 Posted by Pixel-Perfect (5778 posts) -

[QUOTE="Pixel-Perfect"]

ANIMEguy10034

And the only logical type for Samurott besides pure Water. Fine, Samurott keeps his pure Water typing. I just remembered that it can learn Ice, Flying and Bug type moves.

It could pass as Water/Rock I'd say, due to its shells. It could also pass for a fighting type as well as Keldeo and the gang do. Apparently you don't have to be bipedal to be a fighting type anymore.

#146 Posted by Nintendo_Ownes7 (30917 posts) -

[QUOTE="ANIMEguy10034"]

Pixel-Perfect

Water/Ice is 1x Normal, 1x Flying, 1x Poison, 1x Ground, 1x Bug, 1x Ghost, 1x Steel, 1x Fire, 1x Psychic, 1x Dragon, 1x Dark, 2x Fighting, 2x Rock, 2x Grass, 2x Electric, 0.5x Water, and 0.25x Ice.

With Water/Ice they would be weak against Rock when if they would have an advantage over Rock if they were just Water only. Also Ground and Fire affect would affect that Pokemon normally when Water only has an advantage over it.

#147 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4701 posts) -

It could pass as Water/Rock I'd say, due to its shells. It could also pass for a fighting type as well as Keldeo and the gang do. Apparently you don't have to be bipedal to be a fighting type anymore.

Pixel-Perfect

*facepalm*

I forgot about Fighting. I was thinking about what type goes with samurai and completely forgot about fighting. I picked ice because sea lions could live near the arctic.

#148 Posted by Pixel-Perfect (5778 posts) -

[QUOTE="Pixel-Perfect"]

ANIMEguy10034

*facepalm*

I forgot about Fighting. I was thinking about what type goes with samurai and completely forgot about fighting. I picked ice because sea lions could live near the arctic.

Haha it's okay, don't beat yourself up! :P

#149 Posted by sonictrainer (15184 posts) -

Here's a comparsion map.

Some of the areas, blocked by the ice have new buildings. Especially, to the right of the Pokemon League.

#150 Posted by Pixel-Perfect (5778 posts) -

Cool, thanks for the map.