Official Pokemon Black 2/White 2 Discussion and Info Thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

1024.jpg?md=1339624941000

Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 are sequels to Pokémon Black and White. The story sets 2 years after the events of Black and White.

Platform: Nintendo DS
*with DSi and 3DS exclusive content.

Release Dates:
North America - October 7th
Australia and New Zealand - October 11th

Europe - October 12th

Reviews

Gamespot: 6.5/10

Famitsu: 36/40

IGN: 9.6/10

Nintendo Power: 8/10

Game Trailers: 71/100

Game Informer: 75/100

Official Nintendo Magazine UK: 91/100

[Early game spoilers beyond this point]

Videos:

Epic Animated Promo (English)

July English Trailer[/ur]

[url=http://youtu.be/t7NQWjoIFxE]August English Trailer(contains ending spoilers)

Opening Cinematic

First Rival Battle

Version Differences

Exclusive to Black 2:

• Black City
  • Weedle, Kakuna, Beedrill, Volbeat, Bonsly, Sudowoodo, Heracross, Plusle, Spoink, Grumpig, Cottonee, Whimsicott, Gothita, Gothorita, Gothitelle, Vullaby, Mandibuzz, Magby, Magmar, Magmortar, Buneary, Lopunny, Registeel, Latios, Zekrom.
  • Challenge Mode unlocked after you defeat Champion.

Exclusive to White 2:

• White Forest
  • Caterpie, Metapod, Butterfree, Illumise, Mime Jr, Mr. Mime, Pinser, Minun, Numel, Camerupt, Petilil, Lilligant, Solosis, Duosion, Reuniclus, Rufflet, Braviary, Elekid, Electabuzz, Electivire, Skitty, Delcatty, Regice, Latias, Reshiram.
  • Assist Mode unlocked after you defeat Champion.

blackcity.pngwhiteforest.png

- Just like Opelucid City in Black and White, some locations will differ between versions. For example, there will be a cave filled with water in Black 2, but that cave will be filled with magma in White 2.

1024.jpg?md=1339748484000

- Missions and items in shops will differ between versions.

1024.jpg?md=1339748193000

Characters

• New male and female protagonists, and a new rival.

Kyouhei Xtransceiver.pngMei Xtransceiver.pngXtrans Hugh sprite.png

• Bianca returns and will give you your starter pokémon as a favor for Juniper.

Bianca with Starter Pokemon

• Nobody knows where N has gone after the events of Black and White.
  • Team Plasma returns, and with new outfits.

plasmabig.jpg

New Gym Leaders

• Two new Gym-types were introduced: a Poison-type Gym and a Water-type Gym.
    The Poison-type Gym Leader is Roxie and the Water-type Gym Leader is Marlon.

1024.jpg?md=13396287390001024.jpg?md=1339626434000

• Cheren returns and is now the Normal-type Gym Leader.

1024.jpg?md=1339628934000

Pokémon

We will be using the Unova starters again.

Snivy, Tepig, and Oshawott

495.png498.png501.png

• Pokémon will have new animations during battle.
  • The new Unova Pokédex features a total of 300 pokémon from every generation. Pokémon like Arcanine, Tyranitar, Eevee, and Metagross will be available before the National Pokédex.

List of Pokémon in the new Unova Dex

mareepeevee.pngdoubles.png

New Pokémon Forms

tumblr_m2i4mbb8IV1qc2g7ko6_250.gif

• Kyurem is the legendary mascot for Black 2 and White 2 with two different forms, Black Kyurem and White Kyurem. Black Kyurem looks like a Kyurem + Zekrom fusion and will be on the cover of Black 2. White Kyurem looks like a Kyurem + Reshiram fusion and will be on the cover of White 2.
    Black Kyurem has the Teravolt ability and its signature move is Freezeshock. White Kyurem has the Turboblaze ability and its signature move is Ice Burn. Kyurem keeps its Ice/Dragon typing.

bkyurem.pngwkyurem.png

• Tornadus, Thundurus, and Landorus have new forms. Their previous look is known as the Incarnation Forme while their new look is known as the Therian Forme.

Cloud/Kami Trio - Incarnation Forme

File:Kami trio Myth.png

-------------

Cloud/Kami Trio - Therian Forme

Tornadus Sacred Beast FormeLandorus Sacred Beast FormeThundurus Sacred Beast Forme

• They are #198, #199, and #200 in the Unova Regional Dex. They have no type changes.
  • Tornadus' Therian Forme focuses on Defence, Special Defence, and Speed, and will have the Regenerator ability.
    Thundurus' Therian Forme focuses on Special Attack and will have the Volt Absorb ability.
    Landorus' Therian Forme focuses on Attack and will have the Intimidate ability.
  • A new item, Reflecting Mirror, can change Tornadus, Thundurus, and Landorus into their Therian Forme and vice versa.
    Only the ones that were transferred from the 3DS exclusive app, Pokémon Dream Radar, will have their Hidden Abilities; Defiant for Tornadus and Thudurus, and Sheer Force for Landorus.

Thundurus what are you supposed to be

• Keldeo, the Water/Fighting Event pokémon, has a new forme as well. It will be called the Resolute Forme. It changes its appearance in a forest near the second town. It will only be in its Resolute Forme when it knows the move Secret Sword. When you delete the move, it will revert back to its ordinary form.

647.pngkeldeosangi.png647-r.png

The New Unova Region

unova.png

• There are various new areas in Unova including Aspertia City, where you start your journey. Aspertia City will be located south west of Driftveil City.

shop.pnghiougi1.png

• A new facility called Pokéstar Studios. You pick one of many scenarios, battle behind a green screen (you can use your own pokémon or rented pokémon), and then watch your final product. Brycen, the Ice-type Gym Leader, has starred in Pokéstar Studios.
    Pokéstar Studios does not replace the Musical. Both facilities are in the game.

mechatyranitar.pngbrycen.png

• A new facility called World Tournament where you can participate in an eight person single-elimination tournament with gym leaders and champions! World Tournament supports single, double, triple, and rotation battles. You can also download Special Trainers via Wi-Fi.

cynthia1.pngblue.pngkantobracket.png

New & Returning Features

• Funfest Missions: You partake in missions with friends, similar to Entralink Missions in Black and White, and get prizes depending on your score. These missions vary from finding berries to capturing pokémon. This feature can only be played via local multiplayer, but up to 100 players can play at the same time.

1024.jpg?md=1339748211000

• Join Avenue: You can build and visit shops with friends. Join Avenue can receive information from players through local wireless or Nintendo WiFi connection. The contents of the shops vary from berries to new stat-boosting items.

1024.jpg?md=1339748145000

• Medals: You unlock medals by accomplishing certain tasks, such as catching pokémon, having a certain amount of battles, etc. You will be given a rank depending on the amount of medals you have collected. You can also display one of your medals on your Trainer Card for others to see. It will show how and when you achieved it.
    There are over 200 medals within 5 different categories. Collect 'Em All!

1024.jpg?md=1339748202000

• New Breeding and Hatching Mechanics
  • The PokéTransfer returns and will work for all Gen IV games (Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold, SoulSilver).
  • Move Tutors return and will teach moves for shards.
  • The XTransceiver (video chat feature) will have 2 minigames: Ballon Catch and Smash Ballon.
  • You can drag and select multiple Pokemon at a time in the PC box and move them.
  • Using a new feature called "Unova Link," you can connect to the opposite version of your game and get Black City or White Forest depending on which one you don't have by default.

220px-Pok%C3%A9mon_Global_Link_logo.png

Global Link will be new and improved for the release of Pokémon Black 2 and White 2.
It will be compatible with Black/White and Black 2/White 2, but some features will be exclusive to Black 2 and White 2.

PokemonGLScreen.jpg

The Dream World makes a return as well as a rebrand of the Battle Union. The Dream World will feature more pokémon and new areas, with a reduction of the time cut-off from 24 hours to 20 hours.
The new Global Link will showcase a special promotion for those who registers Black or White and Black 2 or White 2 to their account. This promotion is currently unknown. You will be able to view your Global Trade Station history and stats online. A Report feature will be added for the GTS and GBU records.

If a player does not log into Dream World for 100 days, the player's berries will begin to be absorbed by the Tree of Dreams and converted into Dream Points. One of each kind of berry you own will remain in your treasure chest, however.

3DS EXCLUSIVES

Pokémon Dream Radar:

A new Augmented Reality game where you search around for various pokémon using the 3DS's camera. Pokémon and items you obtain in the app can be sent to your copy of Black 2 or White 2.

Pokémon AR Searcher

It will be released on the same day Black 2 and White 2 are released for $2.99.

Video

Pokédex 3D Pro:

An update to the current Pokédex 3D app. It features 3D models of the first 647 pokémon, the moves they learn, their stats, their type weaknesses, egg groups, evolution, height & weight, cries, AR viewer, and a challenge mode that quizzes your Pokémon knowledge. Unlike the previous app, all pokemon will be available as soon as you use it.

deoxysfight.jpg534480_332106066875687_1327823283_n.jpg

It's due for release on November 8th with the original Pokédex 3D leaving the eShop on October 1st (NA) and October 11th (EU). It'll cost $14.99.

All aboard the hype train! :cool:

TriniPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 TriniPlayer
Member since 2009 • 7722 Posts

Nice,I would hope that the pokemon sprites would change though,judging from the back sprite of Serperior it looks like it remains the same

Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 Pixel-Perfect
Member since 2009 • 5778 Posts

I love the new girl's design, but other than that I find this all pretty underwhelming.

The new guy looks ridiculous. :|

TriniPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 TriniPlayer

I love the new girl's design, but other than that I find this all pretty underwhelming.

Pixel-Perfect

Don't see how he's any much diferent from the protagonist in emerald though

Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Pixel-Perfect

[QUOTE="Pixel-Perfect"]

TriniPlayer

*booming voice* SILENCE.

TriniPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 TriniPlayer

[QUOTE="TriniPlayer"]

[QUOTE="Pixel-Perfect"]

Pixel-Perfect

*booming voice* SILENCE.

I'm very sorry your highness,I was out of context with what I said so please if you must,throw me in the dungeon for I deserve it

Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Pixel-Perfect

[QUOTE="Pixel-Perfect"]

[QUOTE="TriniPlayer"]

TriniPlayer

*booming voice* SILENCE.

I'm very sorry your highness,I was out of context with what I said so please if you must,throw me in the dungeon for I deserve it

Pixel-Perfect: Official queen of all Pokemon discussion. :cool:

:P

TriniPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TriniPlayer

[QUOTE="TriniPlayer"]

[QUOTE="Pixel-Perfect"]

*booming voice* SILENCE.

Pixel-Perfect

lol but really though I'm all hyped for this game,I actually like the rival's design more than the male protagonist though
Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Pixel-Perfect

[QUOTE="Pixel-Perfect"]

[QUOTE="TriniPlayer"]

TriniPlayer

lol but really though I'm all hyped for this game,I actually like the rival's design more than the male protagonist though

I already have it preordered from play asia with one day expedited shipping.

TriniPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 TriniPlayer

[QUOTE="TriniPlayer"][QUOTE="Pixel-Perfect"]

Pixel-Perfect

Wow you don't play when it comes to your pokemon huh? which version are you planning on getting?

Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Pixel-Perfect

Wow you don't play when it comes to your pokemon huh? which version are you planning on getting?

TriniPlayer

Black 2. I've been importing the version with the uglier exclusive. :P Imported white last time. Poor Zekrom.

TriniPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 TriniPlayer

[QUOTE="TriniPlayer"]

Pixel-Perfect

Black 2. I've been importing the version with the uglier exclusive. :P Imported white last time. Poor Zekrom.

I've got a question though if you own the *** version of black/white does that mean you can get *** event pokes through wifi?
Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Pixel-Perfect

[QUOTE="Pixel-Perfect"]

[QUOTE="TriniPlayer"]

TriniPlayer

I've got a question though if you own the *** version of black/white does that mean you can get *** event pokes through wifi?

Yep, it's a nice perk. :P

Though I don't have an internet signal that's compatible with the DS lite anymore. :(

TriniPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TriniPlayer

Pixel-Perfect

Yep, it's a nice perk. :P

Though I don't have an internet signal that's compatible with the DS lite anymore. :(

That's actually pretty handy,were you able to get the Nobunga's shiny rayquaza that was released awhile back?
Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Pixel-Perfect

That's actually pretty handy,were you able to get the Nobunga's shiny rayquaza that was released awhile back?TriniPlayer

Nope. :( We updated our internet to WEP2 or whatever a while back and my DS lite can't use it.

TriniPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 TriniPlayer

[QUOTE="TriniPlayer"]That's actually pretty handy,were you able to get the Nobunga's shiny rayquaza that was released awhile back?Pixel-Perfect

Nope. :( We updated our internet to WEP2 or whatever a while back and my DS lite can't use it.

Oh ...that's sucks,you don't have a DSi or a 3DS yet?.I could of gave you one but since your internet is down I guess you wouldn't be able to trade
Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Pixel-Perfect

[QUOTE="Pixel-Perfect"]

[QUOTE="TriniPlayer"]That's actually pretty handy,were you able to get the Nobunga's shiny rayquaza that was released awhile back?TriniPlayer

Oh ...that's sucks,you don't have a DSi or a 3DS yet?.I could of gave you one but since your internet is down I guess you wouldn't be able to trade

Sure I do, but the geniuses at Nintendo decided to region lock the DSi enhanced games so the lite is the only one I have to run it. I have an XL and a 3DS just waiting to be used, but nope. :cry:

TriniPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 TriniPlayer

Pixel-Perfect

Sure I do, but the geniuses at Nintendo decided to region lock the DSi enhanced games so the lite is the only one I have to run it. I have an XL and a 3DS just waiting to be used, but nope. :cry:

I almost feel your pain lol
Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Pixel-Perfect

Haha well hopefully since we're getting Pokemon Conquest we'll get the shiny Rayquaza too. :)

TriniPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 TriniPlayer

Haha well hopefully since we're getting Pokemon Conquest we'll get the shiny Rayquaza too. :)

Pixel-Perfect
Oh yea I forgot about that,hopefully we do get the rayquaza event even though I got like 2 of them now (one's near flawless while the other is flawless)
YoshiYogurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 YoshiYogurt
Member since 2010 • 6008 Posts
Looks good!
blastoise1605

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 blastoise1605
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
Looks great.
moltenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 moltenix
Member since 2008 • 2487 Posts

That looks and sounds awesome! :D

Btw, I love how the entire first page is only Pixel, Trini and ANIMEguy. :P

Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Pixel-Perfect

moltenix

It's just like old times! *sniffle*

moltenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 moltenix
Member since 2008 • 2487 Posts

I was just thinking...

It's a good thing I didn't do something silly like wait for Grey version and skip out on Black/White. There's still no way i'd be able to wait that long anyway but I remember some people saying that they would wait for the 3rd version. :P

Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts

"The Unova pokedex features a total of 300 pokemon from every generation."

Every generation...

EVERY GENERATION...!

F*** yeah.

X ALL THE THINGS - ignore all the stupid black/white pokemon

Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Rod90

Pixel-Perfect

Hahahahahaha hardcore! (or crazy)

elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts

Pixel-Perfect
true but at least he looks better then the guy from black/white did
TriniPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 TriniPlayer

[QUOTE="moltenix"]

Pixel-Perfect

It's just like old times! *sniffle*

Indeed but yea we pretty much taken up the whole front page lol

I was just thinking...

It's a good thing I didn't do something silly like wait for Grey version and skip out on Black/White. There's still no way i'd be able to wait that long anyway but I remember some people saying that they would wait for the 3rd version. :P

moltenix

Even if I try I wouldn't be able to hold back at all,look at Pixel she preordered white back then and I'm not even talking about the english version lol

TriniPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 TriniPlayer

[QUOTE="Pixel-Perfect"]

elbert_b_23

Nah I disagree,not saying you can't have your opinion but the majority of people I saw for the day who talked about this say they prefer the previous protagonist design than this one and I personally don't care for it either myself

elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts

[QUOTE="elbert_b_23"][QUOTE="Pixel-Perfect"]

TriniPlayer

Nah I disagree,not saying you can't have your opinion but the majority of people I saw for the day who talked about this say they prefer the previous protagonist design than this one and I personally don't care for it either myself

the problem i had with the old one is that they said that the MC's in the game were more in late teens but yet it looked like the male one still wanted to dress like a 11 yr and i felt that he was such a tool wanting to be younger then he was.
Noj_Leakim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Noj_Leakim
Member since 2004 • 459 Posts

Are we sure that those are new protaganists? They look pretty much exactly like the protaganists from Black and White, just with different clothes and hairstyles. My guess is that they are the same characters, just two years later

Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Pixel-Perfect

[QUOTE="Pixel-Perfect"]

Rod90

Hahahahahaha hardcore! (or crazy)

Both. :P

Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Pixel-Perfect

[QUOTE="Pixel-Perfect"]

elbert_b_23

Totally disagree. The male trainer in black has a real classic appeal to him, while the new one needs a haircut. :P

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts
Male protag looks horrible, but the other characters are alright. I just hope the gym leaders and elite 4 members from the last game return :(
TriniPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 TriniPlayer

[QUOTE="TriniPlayer"]

[QUOTE="elbert_b_23"] true but at least he looks better then the guy from black/white didelbert_b_23

the problem i had with the old one is that they said that the MC's in the game were more in late teens but yet it looked like the male one still wanted to dress like a 11 yr and i felt that he was such a tool wanting to be younger then he was.

lol really?

I think with the whole "pants tucked in shoes" thing going on there is a style that's been trending for awhile now,you even see popular celebrities like Jay Z and Kanye West been doing this for quite awhile.I'm not so crazy about the long sleeve top that he's wearing but idk I really do like his design and probably is my fav out of all the previous designs before it.

TriniPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 TriniPlayer

Are we sure that those are new protaganists? They look pretty much exactly like the protaganists from Black and White, just with different clothes and hairstyles. My guess is that they are the same characters, just two years later

Noj_Leakim
Yep it's been confirmed that these are the new protaganists,like them or not these are the characters we would be using throughout the game even though I don't care for the male one so much.
ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 ANIMEguy10034

I don't like the new protagonist designs. Their hair and clothes makes me wonder if they looked at a mirror recently.

But the new rival looks awesome.

Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Pixel-Perfect

I don't like the new protagonist designs. Their hair and clothes makes me wonder if they looked at a mirror recently.

ANIMEguy10034

N-No way! Nobody says that about the new girl! :shock:

She's SO cute! *obsesses*

YoshiYogurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 YoshiYogurt
Member since 2010 • 6008 Posts

ANIMEguy10034

The original Unova characters looks so much much better in almost everyway. Both are just good looking.

TriniPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 TriniPlayer

[QUOTE="ANIMEguy10034"]

Pixel-Perfect

She's SO cute! *obsesses*

To me Hilda looks "tougher" than this new female protagonist,she looks like she has a soft side just like Bianca

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ANIMEguy10034

She's SO cute! *obsesses*Pixel-Perfect

Ehhh... Okay, the girl looks pretty adorable, but the guy is a fashion disaster. Why wear shorts with spandex if you could wear pants, jeans, or sweats? The amount of extra work he has to do putting on those spandex irritates me. And his hair... He needs a haircut or a new hat. :|
The original Unova characters looks so much much better in almost everyway. Both are just good looking.YoshiYogurt
Completely agree.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#43 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

It looks to me like they've downgraded the age of the characters back to 10. Hilbert and Hilda where in there teens, but there is no way these two are.

Overall, not too impressed, I was hoping for a new region, though I kinda expected Unova again, the only thing I'm really excited for is getting to use Pokemon from previous generations in the story for this one. Also is there anything about the Starters, I couldn't see anything but I'm hoping for either new ones or the Kanto or Hoenn starters, don't want the Unova ones again though.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts

Pixel-Perfect
lol the girl looks far more ridiculous than the guy. That map looks like a map from an old Zelda game manual.
SavageKantus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 SavageKantus
Member since 2011 • 84 Posts

I hope you can travel to other regions other than Unova.

Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Rod90
The characters designs were the only good thing of the original B/W. Specially the female trainer and N.
F0urTwenty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 F0urTwenty
Member since 2010 • 1842 Posts

I mean I'm still going to play the S*** out of this but dammit Game Freak I HATE visors.... Oh well I don't play these games for the protagonists looks anyways. :P

Edit: I was just hoping that maybe Game Freak would let us play as N, I really love his design.

cdragon_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 cdragon_88
Member since 2003 • 1838 Posts

here's a question not in the op. When's this game's release date?

Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Rod90

cdragon_88
June for Japan. Nobody knows for the rest of the world.
Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#50 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

cdragon_88

North America and Europe can see a release date before the holiday season.