Nyko charge station help

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jmsbond35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 jmsbond35
Member since 2005 • 789 Posts
I've seen other topics that say that the contact from the battery doesn't make contact with the leads on the wii remote, and I think that's my problem. after the light is green, I put the batteries in my 2 remtotes. the player number LED's don't even light up when I press any button. Do I need to put something conductive inbetween the leads in the remote and the battery metal things? If so, what? or do I need to put something on the other side to push it closer to the leads on the remote? Please help!
jmsbond35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 jmsbond35

Anybody know the problem?

luzer7072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 luzer7072
Member since 2003 • 2069 Posts

What do you mean you put the batteries in after they charge?

I really don't know what you mean by that.

But yeah, if the light is green and your wiimotes don't respond to anything, simply take out the battery pack and out it back it. It is, as you hythesized, simply a case of the battery not connecting with the wiimote. It's happened to me a few times too.

StarkJJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 StarkJJ
Member since 2004 • 534 Posts
I bought the same charger and have the same problem. One remote will charge, and the other just gets hot while charging....and won't charge. Yeah, one Wiimote won't light up after it gets supposedly charged. Same problem. I think the Nyko charge station is junk, and a lot of them may be faulty. I even tried switching sides on the charger, and the Wiimote still wouldn't charge. I determined that I probably got a bunk battery from them. You may have the same issue. I'm gonna try calling the numnber in the manual.
jmsbond35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jmsbond35
Thanks. I figured it out. I just shoved a piece of paper on the other end of the battery when I put it in the wiimote, and it connects and works fine. You guys might try it, really get it tight.
umd1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#6 umd1998
Member since 2003 • 1223 Posts

Dude, my Nyko charging stand works perfectly. Never had a problem. Charges all the way every time.

I bought the same charger and have the same problem. One remote will charge, and the other just gets hot while charging....and won't charge. Yeah, one Wiimote won't light up after it gets supposedly charged. Same problem. I think the Nyko charge station is junk, and a lot of them may be faulty. I even tried switching sides on the charger, and the Wiimote still wouldn't charge. I determined that I probably got a bunk battery from them. You may have the same issue. I'm gonna try calling the numnber in the manual.StarkJJ

token08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 token08
Member since 2004 • 787 Posts
Is this product said to be the best charge station? And it comes with batteries for 2 remotes?
RyanShazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 RyanShazam
Member since 2006 • 6498 Posts
I have it and my batteries usually charge when they are allready in the wiimotes. it sound like you are chrging them by themselves.
MagicNinja911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 MagicNinja911
Member since 2007 • 847 Posts
i don't have that problem
RRR23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 RRR23
Member since 2007 • 2495 Posts
i charge station has never had a problem yet:? i charge one wiimote at a time
SpikeofJaps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SpikeofJaps
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
My charge station started out fine but suddenly stopped working after my first time charging remotes, i didn't notice for a while because the batteries did last a long time. I checked the remotes and they still connected to the batteries fine until they completely ran out of juice. then i checked inside the charger and the fuse inside is intact plus electricity is going into thething by the plug so idk what the problem could be.
Fragster14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Fragster14
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

I bought the same charger and have the same problem. One remote will charge, and the other just gets hot while charging....and won't charge. Yeah, one Wiimote won't light up after it gets supposedly charged. Same problem. I think the Nyko charge station is junk, and a lot of them may be faulty. I even tried switching sides on the charger, and the Wiimote still wouldn't charge. I determined that I probably got a bunk battery from them. You may have the same issue. I'm gonna try calling the numnber in the manual.StarkJJ

To help you all out a bit. My nyko charge station never worked right out of the box. I'd put the batteries in, and they would charge (the lights would light up) but the wii-motes wouldn't power on. After lots of very close examination, I realized that the metal contacts from the batteries were not physically reaching (contacting) the metal contacts on the wii-mote. The metal contacts in the wiimote is semi protected by a lip of plastic over the top of them. The metal contacts on the nyko batteries are too tall and the plastic lip gets in the way of making contact with the wiimote contacts. Therefor, I pulled out a knife and physically carved some of that plastic lip away. Doing so enabled the battery contacts to flex further towards the wiimote contacts and, viola, they were touching. Both wiimotes now function perfectly and I bought a third battery for my third wiimote.

If you are having problems with the wiimotes not powering on, or loosing power randomly, I can assure you that this is likely the problem.

travt-down

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 travt-down
Member since 2008 • 1549 Posts
Rechargeable batteries, FTW
daniellejinxed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 daniellejinxed
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
At the risk of sounding like a major idiot, which part did you put the paper? I'm not a huge gamer, but got a Wii for my kids. Mine is doing the same thing. It worked fine for about a week, and now the remotes won't charge. I tried to put the paper in a few different areas, but am not getting any results. Thanks for your help.