**No one Go to "Wiibeyond" Topics ANYMORE**

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kansasdude2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#1 kansasdude2009
Member since 2006 • 11802 Posts
you will just keep bumping them up and more people will notice them. let them pass and put your posting support tward other topics to push the wiibeyond topics off the page.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts
you will just keep bumping them up and more people will notice them. let them pass and put your posting support tward other topics to push the wiibeyond topics off the page.kansasdude2009

2 important things

ALWAYS report them
NEVER go to them

If you go to them you're just asking that they Spam here more later on, they track you as soon as you go.
They see you're from Gamespot and then they come back
T3H_1337_N1NJ4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 T3H_1337_N1NJ4
Member since 2005 • 2225 Posts
I didn't click it because I though it was a scam... Seems like I was right... What does it do exactly?
duxup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 duxup
Member since 2002 • 43443 Posts
Hopefully he will be a problem anymore, but yeah report such threads. Posting in them just bumps them up over far better and valid threads.
proudeskimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 proudeskimo
Member since 2004 • 1762 Posts
I am actually kind of happy I found one of those topics.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts
I didn't click it because I though it was a scam... Seems like I was right... What does it do exactly?T3H_1337_N1NJ4

Ok, we'll call this guy Steve

Steve is sent here to get people to go to that site and to get the name out
When people click there and go to that site it tells them where you came from last, that means everyone here who clicks show up as Gamespot's forum as last place visited. Along with other private info they call pull from you.

They count how many people went there from Gamespot and then send a guy to Spam next weekend all over again
If no one ever clicked them when they were here they'd see it wasn't working at Gamespot and move somewhere else.
Lto_thaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 Lto_thaG
Member since 2006 • 22611 Posts
I saw it too,a couple of times...Last time a saw it it was in the pc-forums.Don't worry he isn't getting my attention.
SuzumeCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 SuzumeCake
Member since 2006 • 4347 Posts
..So we're calling him Steve now? the Steve-phenomena
it sounds thrilling
nvs22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 nvs22
Member since 2006 • 1079 Posts
lol that it does...
subrosian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 subrosian
Member since 2005 • 14232 Posts
[QUOTE="T3H_1337_N1NJ4"]I didn't click it because I though it was a scam... Seems like I was right... What does it do exactly?Jaysonguy

Ok, we'll call this guy Steve

Steve is sent here to get people to go to that site and to get the name out
When people click there and go to that site it tells them where you came from last, that means everyone here who clicks show up as Gamespot's forum as last place visited. Along with other private info they call pull from you.

They count how many people went there from Gamespot and then send a guy to Spam next weekend all over again
If no one ever clicked them when they were here they'd see it wasn't working at Gamespot and move somewhere else.

Most of the time these guys are pretty obvious, a lv. 2 who shows up in a forum with fake-misspellings trying to use words he thinks are "l33t" or "street" or whatever the marketing types at Conglomero have told him, but there are viral ad firms out there that are a lot more insidious. Be careful about what threads you view or post in *period* - viral marketers get paid to pretend to be regular people - a lot of them aren't as insidious though. They'll create topics or polls simply because they're doing marketing research, or they'll create a flame-tastic thread just to test the attitude of hardcore gamers. Frankly, I don't think it pays off for them - testing the waters of the hardcore audience doesn't give you a great idea of what the general public thinks, and sometimes your target audience is too young to be on a forum - *shrug*
lzorro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 lzorro
Member since 2006 • 7395 Posts
Hopefully he will be a problem anymore, but yeah report such threads. Posting in them just bumps them up over far better and valid threads.duxup
OMG :lol: his Sig is awesome