Nintendogs.... Any good?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kyle-244

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 kyle-244
Member since 2006 • 1198 Posts
I have watched some reviews for nintendogs and it looks like a fun game, But what are the differences between lets say the chihuahua one and the lab one, and do you think the game is worth $30 (canadian) and i am a 14 year old male. ( yes. haha)
Staryoshi87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#2 Staryoshi87
Member since 2003 • 12760 Posts

Wow, you swiped my sig... at least give me credit for it. I knew I should have made it such that it had my name in the logo. Good timing for me to make my new one then, huh?  I'd prefer if you didn't steal the one I made today, too. http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m304/staryoshi/yoshidusksig.jpg

Anyway, I didn't like Nintendogs myself. The thrill wore off quickly.

Please give me mah cred in the future, thanks...

evanstapler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 evanstapler
Member since 2006 • 299 Posts
You can check out my review for more detail, but basically it gets boring after the first hour or two.
kyle-244

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 kyle-244

Wow, you swiped my sig... at least give me credit for it. I knew I should have made it such that it had my name in the logo. Good timing for me to make my new one then, huh?  I'd prefer if you didn't steal the one I made today, too. http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m304/staryoshi/yoshidusksig.jpg

Staryoshi87
lol ok i will, i just liked it
Staryoshi87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#5 Staryoshi87
Member since 2003 • 12760 Posts
[QUOTE="Staryoshi87"]

kyle-244

lol ok i will, i just liked it

It's perfectly fine if you like it....I just don't wanna get pimped out without some recognition =P I'm an aspiring sig-maker to some extent....Just give me a mention and you can use it as much as you want =D I'm actually happy that someone else likes it =P

Like I said earlier, Nintendogs wears off pretty quickly. I felt kinda dumb talking to my DS in front of people lol. It really is unique and interesting, and for that price I spose it would be worth a buy. I bought it when it came out and returned it a week later...But if you want the thrill of owning a virtual puppy...well, there it is! =D

Avatar image for psychojakrabbit
psychojakrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 psychojakrabbit
Member since 2006 • 2194 Posts
I haven't played it myself but from what I hear about it, it's becomes more of a chore to play than an enjoyable experience.
proud722

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 proud722
Member since 2007 • 1463 Posts
Its alrite but gets very repetitive. I traded in after 2 days.
The_AI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 The_AI
Member since 2006 • 4791 Posts
Nintendogs is fun... when it doesn't feel like a chore.  If you don't play every day, the dogs will get mad at you.  It's so annoying.
homeman90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 homeman90
Member since 2004 • 172 Posts
nintendogs is fun for the first week or so but then gets really repitive and boring... hmmm wonder where my nintendogs is??:question:

axes03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#10 axes03
Member since 2005 • 4454 Posts
its crap, itll get borring after 2 days. and the store clerk will give u a stare like, "Why dude?" so if u buy it anyways, buy a game like gears of war or god of war to redeem ur man-ly-ness
kyle-244

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 kyle-244
its crap, itll get borring after 2 days. and the store clerk will give u a stare like, "Why dude?" so if u buy it anyways, buy a game like gears of war or god of war to redeem ur man-ly-ness axes03
I already own both of them lol
Avatar image for psychojakrabbit
psychojakrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 psychojakrabbit
Member since 2006 • 2194 Posts
[QUOTE="axes03"]its crap, itll get borring after 2 days. and the store clerk will give u a stare like, "Why dude?" so if u buy it anyways, buy a game like gears of war or god of war to redeem ur man-ly-ness kyle-244
I already own both of them lol

Hey man, don't listen to him just be you and only you.
axes03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 axes03
Member since 2005 • 4454 Posts
if u want something different and quirky u should get elite beat agents, its awesome, the game is the closest thing to a handheld guitar hero, and the cutscenes will make laugh like a idiot. i personally loved the style this game aims for, even though i hate games like these, but eba doesnt take itself seriously, and makes fun of its self.
VMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 VMan
Member since 2003 • 4940 Posts
Its cute a fun for a while. But you'll eventually realize that the game's enjoyablity is just a novelty and will wear off. When it does, it'll likely become to chore to have to feed, clean, play with, and walk your dogs every now again. I'd be surprised if you didn't get sick of it after a while. But if you can find it for cheap, its a great display of innovate software engineering, and cute, lovable fun while its lasts, and that makes the game worth it for a bargain price.
kyle-244

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 kyle-244
I just realized on the front of the different cases it says a list of dogs, are the dogs on the cover the only ones you can get in that game? or are the the oens you can choose at the beginning, and can you get all the same dogs in every nintendogs game?
Platyphyllum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#16 Platyphyllum
Member since 2005 • 8105 Posts
if u want something different and quirky u should get elite beat agents, its awesome, the game is the closest thing to a handheld guitar hero, and the cutscenes will make laugh like a idiot. i personally loved the style this game aims for, even though i hate games like these, but eba doesnt take itself seriously, and makes fun of its self. axes03
I liked Elite Beat Agents.
taiwanesealn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 taiwanesealn
Member since 2005 • 6853 Posts
It's a good rent.
VMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 VMan
Member since 2003 • 4940 Posts
I just realized on the front of the different cases it says a list of dogs, are the dogs on the cover the only ones you can get in that game? or are the the oens you can choose at the beginning, and can you get all the same dogs in every nintendogs game?kyle-244
I think all versions are ultimately the same. For any version, the breeds that aren't immediately available are unlockable.
kyle-244

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 kyle-244
[QUOTE="kyle-244"]I just realized on the front of the different cases it says a list of dogs, are the dogs on the cover the only ones you can get in that game? or are the the oens you can choose at the beginning, and can you get all the same dogs in every nintendogs game?VMan
I think all versions are ultimately the same. For any version, the breeds that aren't immediately available are unlockable.

ok good