Nintendo Wii U (US) Ad campaign has started, New ad for NSMBU added.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Gamingclone (5224 posts) -

The ad will appearently air tomorrow (Novemember the 1st).

here is the exact post from Nintendo

"Heres a behind-the-scenes photo from our new US Wii U advertising campaign. Visit the Wii U Facebook Page tomorrow for the premiere!"

Wii U advertisement sneek peak (permiring on 11/1/2012

Nintendo

Link to larger verson of above pic (I found this on Neogaf)

Via Nintendo of America's Facebook page

Direct link to the post

What can you guys make of sneak peek pic?

I will update this post with a link to the actual ad when it premiers.

*Edit*

The advertisement

Right off the bat I'll say this ad was better than the UK premier advertisement.

The ad pretty much showed off the different ways that you'll be able to play with the Wii U. It featured games such as New Super mario Bros U, Sing (is that the actual title of the game?), Lego City, and a couple of the Mini games from nintendo land. It also showed off Nintendo TVii. I really liked the ad and hope that Nintendo will release more ads before the launch making it clear that the Wii U isnt a Wii. I think they tried to do that at the start of this ad by saying "With the All New Wii U, this is how U will play next!" but Im not sure if the people who dont go around the internet looking for info will understand that. We will find out soon enough I suppose.

*edit*

Nintendo has uploaded a new ad up for New Super Mario Bros U!

#2 Posted by Vickman178 (866 posts) -

On what channels will it air on? Looks exciting! November 18 can't come soon enough!

#3 Posted by Euaggelistes (1826 posts) -

Apparently you can play Hollywood Squares with the Wii U?

#4 Posted by meetroid8 (21140 posts) -
I wish I lived in a colored light box.
#5 Posted by wiifan001 (18457 posts) -

Gamingclone

It's Hollywii Squares!

#6 Posted by goblaa (19304 posts) -

Check it out, 9 Japanese apartments!

#7 Posted by Gamingclone (5224 posts) -

I dont know what channel it will premier on. My best guess would be Fox.

#8 Posted by Sepewrath (28783 posts) -

Check it out, 9 Japanese apartments!

goblaa
*rimshot* Well just think, if you actually lived in a house like that, the Gamepad would work in every room.
#9 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
hollywood squares? lol
#10 Posted by KBFloYd (14522 posts) -

did you guys see the quiz you can take on their facebook page? it says the nintendo character i am is yoshi :P

#11 Posted by nini200 (10198 posts) -

Here's the commercial. I'm actually not pleased with it as it does not show an appeal to more in depth gamers. It pretty much shows alot of family games which nothing is wrong with but the lack of Assassin's Creed, Rayman, Zombi U or any in depth game besides Mario of course kind of pushes the wannabe gamer away if this is all they see. Another issue I notice with it is that it only shows the console at the end of the commercial. This I will have to give a 5 out of 10.

Here is the Commercial:

How U will play Next

Thoughts?

#12 Posted by super600 (30951 posts) -

did you guys see the quiz you can take on their facebook page? it says the nintendo character i am is yoshi :P

KBFloYd

Interesting.

#13 Posted by nini200 (10198 posts) -

[QUOTE="KBFloYd"]

super600

Interesting.

I just posted the actual ad above
#14 Posted by GameboyTroy (2213 posts) -

[QUOTE="KBFloYd"]

super600

Interesting.

You're a ranger now huh. Took long enough to start seeing Wii U ads.
#15 Posted by GameboyTroy (2213 posts) -

[QUOTE="KBFloYd"]

super600

Interesting.

You're a ranger now huh. Took long enough to start seeing Wii U ads.
#16 Posted by Gamingclone (5224 posts) -

Here's the commercial. I'm actually not pleased with it as it does not show an appeal to more in depth gamers. It pretty much shows alot of family games which nothing is wrong with but the lack of Assassin's Creed, Rayman, Zombi U or any in depth game besides Mario of course kind of pushes the wannabe gamer away if this is all they see. Another issue I notice with it is that it only shows the console at the end of the commercial. This I will have to give a 5 out of 10.

Here is the Commercial:

How U will play Next

Thoughts?

nini200

They didnt show off the core games since well, I'll just quote the top youtube comment on the video.

"Advertising campaign are not for the core gamers. Why don't people realize this? Most people who are core gamers already have looked up information on a game via the internet or what-have-you. The commercials are there to draw the casual gamer and impulse buyer."

Lets face it, its not going to be hard for Nintendo to pull in the "Core" audiance. Infact, Nintendo has already pulled in the Core audiance, why do you think all if not most of the online and in-store preorders are sold out? No, I doubt the people who preordered the Wii U are causuals, they are either Core gamers or impulse buyers who must have all the new hardware. And I dont think there is anything that Nintendo can really do right now to draw in those "Core" gamers who havent already preordered/ tried to preorder the Wii U. The gamers are waiting for certain titles are either coming later on in the Wii u's life or that arent coming at all. Right now Nintendo needs to focuse on drawing in the causuals. The core gamers are already aware of the Wii U and have either already preordered or are waiting for that one certain core game to be announced/launched.

#17 Posted by Vickman178 (866 posts) -

It's pretty sad how much blind hate is going on in the comments section on Youtube.

#18 Posted by Rod90 (7266 posts) -

[QUOTE="KBFloYd"]

super600

Interesting.

Where??? Can't find it.
#19 Posted by Euaggelistes (1826 posts) -

Not bad. I like the slogan "How U Will Play Next".

#20 Posted by meetroid8 (21140 posts) -
That was actually a pretty cool commercial. Doesn't make me want to buy one, but visually, it was cool.
#21 Posted by Wild_man_22 (692 posts) -

Think the commercial shows how much harder this is to advertise then the wii. People will definetly need to play this first I think. Still hoping to play it before the 18th, hopefully the best buy near me gets a demo soon.

#22 Posted by KBFloYd (14522 posts) -

i didn't like the music.... they should of used a classic rock band like the beatles or led zeppelin.. like call of duty.(AC/DC)

#23 Posted by Gamingclone (5224 posts) -

New Video added, the advert for New Super Mario Bros U

#24 Posted by Gamingclone (5224 posts) -

Im just making this assumption based off of the two adverts that are up already. I dont think you would be wrong if you were to assume that all adverts (US) that launch before the launch of the Wii U will be using the set seen in the sneek peak pic.

#25 Posted by GunSmith1_basic (9877 posts) -
i like that box art for the game
#26 Posted by KBFloYd (14522 posts) -

new super mario commercial is more like it;)

#27 Posted by Nintendo_Ownes7 (30917 posts) -

I do like the logo's in the commercials and the continuity between the two commercials.