Nintendo's E3 2014 Plans

This topic is locked from further discussion.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

Check out the announcement video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghEhI4CJjAM

I actually find it pretty hilarious.

So it looks like it won't be a live event at E3 again this year, and will take place on June 10th at 9am PT / 12pm ET / 5pm GMT.

Also the Smash Bros. tournament is a nice touch too. I wonder if it'll include the Wii U version as well.

Thoughts? Is not doing a live event a good thing for Nintendo? Personally, I predicted that they'd do this, and to me on a personal level, it doesn't make a difference if it's live or not. Not sure how it will bode for them in the media though.

CrimsonBrute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2  Edited By CrimsonBrute  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 25603 Posts

That was just painful to watch.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

@crimsonbrute said:

who are those guys? game grumps? jontron show?

i know they are from youtube.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

Yeah, great video. I laughed so hard when reggie says he's just going home lol

I prefer these directs over e3 demonstrations because there's less BS and it goes faster.

pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 258

#5 pierst179
Member since 2006 • 10805 Posts

A little bit of lousy acting in some parts but overall pretty awesome!

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#6 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

Heard about this on Forbes. Disappointing. After the issues people had viewing the presentation last year, I thought they would opt for the stage this time.

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

Is this why Nintendo of America's slacking with our Mario Kart 8 bundle announcement? :P

I'm sort of excited for the Smash Bros @ Best Buy thing, but I'm certain every Best Buy in my city will have crazy lines for the Wii U kiosks.

Hopefully this Direct will deliver huge amounts of hype, enough to convince millions to buy Wii Us.

Avatar image for Master_Of_Fools
Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Master_Of_Fools
Member since 2009 • 1651 Posts

@trugs26:

The Smash thing will ONLY be the Wii U version. Nobody will play Smash Bros tournaments standing around with their 3DS's lol. Smash Tournys are about battling it out on a TV not everyone sitting on a chair looking at their 3DS.

Arcturus-Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Arcturus-Prime
Member since 2014 • 57 Posts

I actually prefer the e3 live events over nintendo direct. Remember when they announced twilight princess for the gamecube and wii? That was cool and the crowd seemed to like it very much.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#10  Edited By superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

@crimsonbrute said:

^ This..at least Reggie is a sport.. & yea kinda bummed they're not gonna do a live stage presentation...Im guessing nothing much to announce, again? besides Smash Bros (the rest of the games are coming in future?)...let's hope not. :P

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By trugs26

@Master_Of_Fools said:

@trugs26:

The Smash thing will ONLY be the Wii U version. Nobody will play Smash Bros tournaments standing around with their 3DS's lol. Smash Tournys are about battling it out on a TV not everyone sitting on a chair looking at their 3DS.

Are you guessing or do you know this for a fact? The only reason why I thought it would be the 3DS version is because that's coming out a lot earlier than the Wii U version - where the 3DS version is coming out I guess shortly after E3. I'd imagine the team would be crunching to get the 3DS version done, instead of making a tournament ready smash bros for the Wii U.

I'm guessing it will be the Wii U version too, but I'm just weighing up the options on other possibilities.

sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12  Edited By sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 6195 Posts

The show is called Mega 64 and you can see it on gametrailers. With that said, I think there are going to be some great reveals from Nintendo, it's too bad we won't see the live crowd reaction.

Otherwise, a glorified Nintendo Direct still gets me what I want to see. Trailers, reveals, etc.

Avatar image for Master_Of_Fools
Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Master_Of_Fools
Member since 2009 • 1651 Posts

@trugs26:

If Smash Bros 3DS is coming out say in July, that means the game will be done by the time E3 hits. Games are done like a month before release. (Gone Gold) Then its just mass producing them for 3 weeks lol.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

Nintendo never ceases to amaze me with their stupidity.

inter_911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By inter_911
Member since 2003 • 511 Posts

Do they never learn from their mistakes?

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 outworld222
Member since 2004 • 4223 Posts

Saw the video, made me LOL about 20%.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts

Laser death ray eyes! Coolest Reggie ever.

But yeah, I'm not at all disturbed by the e3 Direct approach. I wonder if there are going to be feeds for the Smash tourney.

Bardock47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Bardock47
Member since 2008 • 5429 Posts

lol, that was pretty cool

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

Aaaargh I can't wait for Smash Bros.!

yixingtpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By yixingtpot
Member since 2005 • 1484 Posts

classic nerds at their finest... I just want to see something about Fatal Frame Wii U and how the gamepad works as a possible camera obscura. If they announced an expensive collectible gamepad obscura that would make the Wii U memorable to have.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 trugs26

@yixingtpot said:

classic nerds ate their finest... I just want to see something about Fatal Frame Wii U and how the gamepad works as a possible camera obscura. If they announced an expensive collectible gamepad obscura that would make the Wii U memorable to have.

Not sure if they will do that, but some recent news shows that Miyamoto has been working with internal teams to deliver multiple titles that specifically make good use of the gamepad:
http://www.gonintendo.com/s/228006-miyamoto-helping-nintendo-devs-create-wii-u-games-that-are-only-possible-via-gamepad-to-be-shown-at-e3

Coming from a fan-translation of Iwata's investor Q&A...

Today I only spoke about Mario Kart and Super Smash Brothers For Wii U in terms of Wii U software, however, at the E3 event to be held in June in Los Angeles we will discuss other software as well. Also, at that time, we will introduce multiple games that are designed to introduce players to the value of the Wii U Game Pad by demonstrating playstyles only possible because of it. These titles have been developed by internal teams under the guidance of Mr. Miyamoto (Board Member, General Manager of the Development Division). The software titles that we will show at E3, which make use of the Game Pad, will range from near complete titles to titles that are early in development, but will demonstrate the titles' core appeals. We are preparing multiple software like this for the show.

yixingtpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 yixingtpot
Member since 2005 • 1484 Posts

@trugs26: oh thanks for that, hopefully some interesting and smooth functionality going to be happening regarding the gamepad in general. Honestly I'm almost out of gaming, my PS4 only plays movies and my Wii U hasn't been powered on in about 2 months or more, seriously. I bought Kagero Deception for Vita and PS3 and played that to death, now I'm back to watching movies on my PS4 or PS3. I'm probably the oldest person/gamer on this site, 47 years old lol... I almost don't give a damn about gaming period anymore. I'm reinstalling Logic 8 after downgrading my old Mac Mini versus paying $200 for Logic Pro X on my newer Mac since I'm still using the same old Pro Tools interface and dealing with the same latency anyway etc.

This might be my last generation of consoles if the Japanese don't start making seriously beautiful creative games again. I think it's time to leave what's left of gaming to the children lol. When Fumito Ueda failed with The Last Guardian I guess that signals the end for creative minded people like myself and gaming.

I've never been a traditional Nintendo fan, I don't care for their big franchises so Fatal Frame or an exclusive RE is where it's at for me personally. The only other Nintendo system I've owned in the past was the Gamecube and I bought that for RE remake and RE0, RE4 etc. Wii U will be my Fatal Frame player and X player more than likely. There will more than likely only be about 10 games at best I'll really want on PS4 with the direction gaming is going. So I just don't really care anymore. Time to spend the money on more guitars again.

TJDMHEM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By TJDMHEM
Member since 2006 • 3260 Posts

that was funny.

Avatar image for bonesawisready5
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 bonesawisready5
Member since 2011 • 4971 Posts

From what rumors are saying, the Digital Event will be a pre-recorded stage show with an audience of Nintendo employees so it could very well give a big E3 conference feel though it remains to be seen if these rumors will be true.