Nintendo of America says there is no Legend of Zelda Timeline.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

its_a_username

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 its_a_username
Member since 2009 • 598 Posts

Ocarinahero10 on youtube.com has made a zelda timeline and he sent it into nintendo of america. they gave him a letter saying that there is no storyline to zelda but im going to wait until i hear it from Miyamoto because i really dont like Nintendo of America.

heres the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5FozOuwQjl

eveileb-ekam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 eveileb-ekam
Member since 2009 • 1578 Posts

Ocarinahero10 on youtube.com has made a zelda timeline and he sent it into nintendo of america. they gave him a letter saying that there is no storyline to zelda but im going to wait until i hear it from Miyamoto because i really dont like Nintendo of America.

heres the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5FozOuwQjl

its_a_username
Nintendo of America doesnt know its arse from its elbow.
Michael-Smith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Michael-Smith
Member since 2009 • 909 Posts
This is also the same Nintendo of America that said "Fatal Frame 4? Never heard of it." So yeah...
BanjoMumbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 232

#4 BanjoMumbo
Member since 2009 • 512 Posts

Well, you shouldn't rely on YouTube for any kind of answer. But, Nintendo of America is just a company, Nintendo of Japan is the real deal. There is a Zelda timeline, it's very confusing and takes hours upon days of research.

But, there is a chronological timeline between every Zelda game, except the three spinoffs for CD-i: Link and the Faces of Evil, Zelda and the Wand of Gamelon, and Zelda's Adventure.

Sgt_Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Sgt_Crow
Member since 2004 • 6099 Posts
He'd be even better off sending his question to NOE. And that still wouldn't be credible.
chris3116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 chris3116
Member since 2003 • 12174 Posts

I would take Miyamoto's opinion over NOA's opinion.

mkDSpro63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#7 mkDSpro63
Member since 2006 • 781 Posts

Well, we can always make our own timeline.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

I'm sure there is an official Zelda timeline, but I usually like to play all the Zelda games in my own order and make up my own timelines.

da_chub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#9 da_chub
Member since 2007 • 3140 Posts
Some games just dont have timelines. I dont think Zelda does. Aside from the obivious Windwaker/Phatom Hourglass...
Raiko101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 Raiko101
Member since 2005 • 3339 Posts
I don't believe Zelda has a timeline either. I think it's just hype to keep people interested in the series. If anything, it is, just as the series is title, a legend. A legend being retold, in many different ways by many different people.
Wintry_Flutist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Wintry_Flutist
Member since 2005 • 14834 Posts

I don't believe Zelda has a timeline either. I think it's just hype to keep people interested in the series.Raiko101

Hype the series with a timeline? /facepalm

Why people act like "OMG teh timeline!!11!1". There is a connection between many of the games (specially the 3D ones) and Aonuma/Miyamoto are always willing to explain that whenever asked - that's how we know how OoT, MM, WW, TP and PH are related. Some other games have a few hints. Simple as that. It's not like there is a big conspiracy behind it all. Geez...

mkDSpro63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 mkDSpro63

[QUOTE="Raiko101"]I don't believe Zelda has a timeline either. I think it's just hype to keep people interested in the series.Wintry_Flutist

Why people act like "OMG teh timeline!!11!1". There is a connection between many of the games (specially the 3D ones) and Aonuma/Miyamoto are always willing to explain that whenever asked - that's how we know how OoT, MM, WW, TP and PH are related. Some other games have a few hints. Simple as that. It's not like there is a big conspiracy behind it all. Geez...

So would a couple references of OoT from TP be some examples?
AlmightyDerek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 AlmightyDerek
Member since 2002 • 4144 Posts

I always thought it was pretty obvious that Zelda has no timeline. They are always just reimaginings of the same concept. There is some continuality like Zelda 1 & 2, ALTTP and LA, Orcacle games, the biggest one is OOT and MM and then 100 years later Wind Waker (mentions in game that it takes place 100 years after the Hero of Time left on a personal quest which might be Majoras Mask , then Phantom Hourglass, and then Spirit Tracks. So far Twilight Princess is by itself. I don't think those 4 or so timelines connect though. It wouldn't make any sense.

Wintry_Flutist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Wintry_Flutist
[QUOTE="Wintry_Flutist"]

[QUOTE="Raiko101"]I don't believe Zelda has a timeline either. I think it's just hype to keep people interested in the series.mkDSpro63

The biggest connection is the Ganondorf flashback - that's what happened to him after Link told the King about his schemes at the end of OoT (after coming back to the past).
raahsnavj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#15 raahsnavj
Member since 2005 • 4895 Posts
Well, if there isn't a timeline then bugger me. I think there is because I find it more enjoyable that way... and seeming it is my imagination they can get lost.
eveileb-ekam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 eveileb-ekam
Member since 2009 • 1578 Posts

There is a timeline, but it is implied rather than told. There are "true" legends and obscure history in real life that may or may not have happened, but its still a relatively simple task when it comes to putting them in a time frame. So, even if the Legend of Zelda games are deliberatly obscure and mythic, then there still might be a chronology.

There is firm evidence that the games are linked, besides the obvious sequels like Zelda 2, Phantom Hourglass, Majora's Mask, ect. For example, in the prologue to A Link To The Past, it describes very clearly the end of Ocarina of Time. Thats just one example, but there are others.

Whatever Nintendo of America says, Im going to take key developer's in Japan's statements instead. If they say there is a timeline, I dont know why NOA would go against that, especially when its effing obvious anyway.

awssk8er716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#17 awssk8er716
Member since 2005 • 8485 Posts

Someone linked this like yesterday...

I showed the timeline video to my friend, and he thought it was awesome.

ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 ZumaJones07
Member since 2005 • 16457 Posts
This guy sums up the timeline pretty well. :P
mkDSpro63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 mkDSpro63

[QUOTE="mkDSpro63"][QUOTE="Wintry_Flutist"]

Wintry_Flutist

The biggest connection is the Ganondorf flashback - that's what happened to him after Link told the King about his schemes at the end of OoT (after coming back to the past).

Ah, so there ARE connections.

tryagainlater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#20 tryagainlater
Member since 2005 • 7446 Posts

There may not be an official timeline but that doesn't mean they can't make one. If Nintendo got all their Zelda writers together, they could connect their own games easily. There'd probably be a few plot holes created, but if they told us the official timeline for all the games, they'd make everyone a lot happier. Although, the theories are probably more fun.

Wintry_Flutist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Wintry_Flutist

Ah, so there ARE connections.

mkDSpro63

I don't really get what you're trying to say...

Raiko101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Raiko101

[QUOTE="Raiko101"]I don't believe Zelda has a timeline either. I think it's just hype to keep people interested in the series.Wintry_Flutist

They are simply references to another game. What you make of them is pure assumption. Some games in the series connect together, but most of them don't. As long as Miyamoto doesn't deny a timeline, people will continue to speculate and the popularity of the series will continue. Even between the many years we have to wait for a new instalment.
Wintry_Flutist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Wintry_Flutist

They are simply references to another game. What you make of them is pure assumption.Raiko101

:|

References that allow the gamer to know what game took place before or after another. So there's a timeline. Period.

Raiko101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Raiko101

[QUOTE="Raiko101"]They are simply references to another game. What you make of them is pure assumption.Wintry_Flutist

References that allow the gamer to know what game took place before or after another. So there's a timeline. Period.

Again you make an assumption. What if every game was a re-telling of the same story, and some of those legends were referenced between games? That would suggest no timeline, but multiple interpretations of the same story. [Edit] On a side note, why do you have to be so rude when debating something? What's with all the 'facepalm' and 'period' business. Stop trying to treat people like they're stupid when all you're arguing with is an opinion. So a few Zelda games reference others, and a few are actually direct sequels. That doesn't mean they're all necessarily linked.
Jakesta7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#25 Jakesta7
Member since 2007 • 2472 Posts
Some games just dont have timelines. I dont think Zelda does. Aside from the obivious Windwaker/Phatom Hourglass...da_chub
This^^
Wintry_Flutist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Wintry_Flutist
[QUOTE="Wintry_Flutist"]

[QUOTE="Raiko101"]They are simply references to another game. What you make of them is pure assumption.Raiko101

Again you make an assumption. What if every game was a re-telling of the same story, and some of those legends were referenced between games? That would suggest no timeline, but multiple interpretations of the same story. [Edit] On a side note, why do you have to be so rude when debating something? What's with all the 'facepalm' and 'period' business. Stop trying to treat people like they're stupid when all you're arguing with is an opinion. So a few Zelda games reference others, and a few are actually direct sequels. That doesn't mean they're all necessarily linked.

It's so much of my assumption Miyamoto and Aonuma just HAPPEN to confirm it every interview... :roll:
Melchezdek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Melchezdek
Member since 2005 • 306 Posts

I think this guy done a good job putting together this timeline and it makes a whole lot of sense too so advise you guys to look into it because its very interesting.

Zelda Timeline Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9rayw4VpsE

Zelda Timeline Part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s47WKfuRRX8&feature=related

Yes I do believe there is a timeline to Zelda.

Raiko101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Raiko101
It's so much of my assumption Miyamoto and Aonuma just HAPPEN to confirm it every interview... :roll:Wintry_Flutist
Which just takes me back to my first point. I only think they're saying that because it drives speculation and theory. Both of which keep people talking about the series between releases.
AmayaPapaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#29 AmayaPapaya
Member since 2008 • 9029 Posts

Miyamoto and his Zelda Sidekick both said there was so i believe them more than some guy on youtube...Or Nintendo of America!

Raiko101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Raiko101

Miyamoto and his Zelda Sidekick both said there was so i believe them more than some guy on youtube...Or Nintendo of America!

AmayaPapaya
So why doesn't anybody ask them to draw up an official timeline of the series.