Nintendo needs to start their holiday advertising now!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

This is the general idea. I'd go with more Bayonetta, Hyrule Warriors, Smash, Kart. Then include nods to future games like Splatoon, Devil's 3rd, Fatal Frame, Xenoblade X and WD, assuming the advertising exclusivity deal with Sony is done.

Nintendo needs to advertise the crap outta this group of 3rd party and first party games. They should be advertising this like its a political campaign. A montage video like this could go a long way to getting the word out about Wii U and what it can do.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2 deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

Software wise Nintendo doesn't have much competition this year, everything comes out in 2015 for the other guys.

I definitely think early november at least they should advertise the crap out of their lineup, not sure about right now but definitely soon. This year is definitely one of the biggest years of the gen for them, if not the. I agree some short montages would be a good idea.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

They have nothing coming out this year

Also why exactly is a company that's close to bankruptcy as Nintendo is going to cover the ads for third party games?

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

Will Nintendo do a bit more advertising than last year's pamphlet on the counters at retailers?

SoftwareGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#5 SoftwareGeek
Member since 2014 • 573 Posts

Nintendo is about to fold up like a cheap tent.

Avatar image for bonesawisready5
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 bonesawisready5
Member since 2011 • 4971 Posts

@Jaysonguy: Woah, bankruptcy? Do you just blatantly make shit up now? Nintendo has extra cash on hand. Perhaps you argue that they may lose all that cash in the next few years but even then they'd just go into debt and companies, especially big ones, can manage to squirm out a lot of extra time in debt before they officially close.

Why don't you do something productive with your life then troll people on the web?

bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 bonesawisready5

@softwaregeek: Once the poles in that tent collapse it will still stand tall with billions of dollars still stuffed inside of it, even if it isn't getting more money deposited into it as fast as in past years.

SoftwareGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SoftwareGeek

@bonesawisready5 said:

@softwaregeek: Once the poles in that tent collapse it will still stand tall with billions of dollars still stuffed inside of it, even if it isn't getting more money deposited into it as fast as in past years.

It's over. Nintendo is on there way out. They got out classed on their hardware for this generation. Nobody wants a sub par product.

bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By bonesawisready5

@softwaregeek: Well 45 million 3DS owners and 7 million U owners say diffrently. Just coz their market shrunk doesn't mean they're over. But go ahead and troll strangers on the internet about stuff you have no understanding of where evidence points against what your saying. Billions in the bank dude. This isn't Palm and Nokia pre-buyouts. But if you sleep better at night spreading the idea that "Nintendo is going out of business in near future" to the masses (and can live with the informed people you say this thinking you're a fool) then by all means, people gotta do what they gotta do.

SoftwareGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SoftwareGeek

@bonesawisready5:I hope your right.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

@softwaregeek: In a way he is right. Nintendo profited on the gamecube even though it retailed for $199. They profited on the N64 too. People like to criticize Nintendo but they always find a way to get by.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 emgesp
Member since 2004 • 7848 Posts

Nintendo is too cheap for that. They think people who want to play Nintendo products will do their own research.

bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 bonesawisready5

@emgesp: Well every holiday parents/people want a new game system and inevitability ask "What's the latest Nintendo" for the kids and for themselves. Reason why the Wii U managed to do (even though its bad overall) 225k and 460k in Nov/Dec last year in US despite something like the Vita tanking at sub-100k per month even with holiday push.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Wii U did 300k in November in the US and 600k in December, especially with Smash/Amiibo and hopefully a good Black Friday sale (like a Smash Bundle for $249 for BF weekend) Not to forget Mario Kart 8 will be getting some good DLC in Nov too. I bet Wii U will shift near or possibly slightly above 1 million units in US this holiday. And for those who like to spout BS about Nintendo going out due to costs, every Wii U sold this year is at a substantial profit because they haven't made anymore units since 2013, when they thought they'd sell 9 million units. So even if they fall short of their 3.6m goal this fiscal year they'll rake in a lot of profit off the system.

bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 bonesawisready5

@softwaregeek: You don't have to hope. You could do a little research yourself, compare Nintendo's current state to recent company failures and see the stark differences. Nintendo can survive with a small market for a very, very long time. They'd make more money making handhelds/consoles and AT WORST could just make handhelds and stay far afloat. Heck, they have enough money that they could have outbid Microsoft for the Minecraft IP/Mojang recently. Well, I'm sure MS would have kept bidding but you know what I mean.

They'll be making even more money once Nintendo OS launches in 2016-2018. Similar hardware for two devices, develop one game for two products, handheld and console sharing assets, development cycles, etc. Nintendo is not going away anytime soon no matter how small their market shrinks. At the worst the days of 150 million handheld + 100 million consoles sold are gone but the days of a profitable 50-60 million handhelds + consoles sold aren't dying anytime soon.

Avatar image for Master_Of_Fools
Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Master_Of_Fools
Member since 2009 • 1651 Posts

@Jaysonguy said:

They have nothing coming out this year

Also why exactly is a company that's close to bankruptcy as Nintendo is going to cover the ads for third party games?

HAHAHA, always good for a laugh then I remember your past and where you come from...then I feel sad for you again...

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#16 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

@emgesp said:

Nintendo is too cheap for that. They think people who want to play Nintendo products will do their own research.

Can't be that expensive to do a Wii U games montage..gotta be cheaper than paying people to do those lame adverts they've been showing?. :P

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Jaysonguy

@bunchanumbers said:

@softwaregeek: Nintendo profited on the gamecube even though it retailed for $199.

That's a myth, that never happened

If not the for the DS the Gamecube would have meant the end of Nintendo

bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By bonesawisready5

@Jaysonguy: Yes because the billions they had in the bank would have instantly turned into double that in debt. Why do you even wake up in the morning? Do you troll GameSpot forums at work or school? I wish GameSpot had stricter standards, not GAF level but something, so trolls like you were banned. You derail discussions constantly. Why you're allowed here is beyond me. I understand having an opinion that goes against the status quo that can provoke debate but you drive away gamespot forum users everyday. I'll tell you that you're a factor into why I don't come here as often, i.e. lack of moderation. So you've had an impact on the world, congratulations.

SoftwareGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SoftwareGeek

@bonesawisready5 said:

@Jaysonguy: Yes because the billions they had in the bank would have instantly turned into double that in debt. Why do you even wake up in the morning? Do you troll GameSpot forums at work or school? I wish GameSpot had stricter standards, not GAF level but something, so trolls like you were banned. You derail discussions constantly. Why you're allowed here is beyond me. I understand having an opinion that goes against the status quo that can provoke debate but you drive away gamespot forum users everyday. I'll tell you that you're a factor into why I don't come here as often, i.e. lack of moderation. So you've had an impact on the world, congratulations.

Nintendo has some money but they have no where near the amount of money Microsoft has. Ain't even in the same league with MS. MS is 35th on the Fortune 500. I doubt Nintendoh is even on that list.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Jaysonguy

@bonesawisready5 said:

Oh look, one of the fanboys that don't understand that rent, utilities, R&D, pay, and health insurance needs to be paid for.

Oh, you also avoid this place because you can't talk about the facts? Well that's too bad, I hope you learn how to have a conversation so you can stop by more often.

SoftwareGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SoftwareGeek

maybe nintendDOH should team up with apple and build a bendable console. hahahaha. lol.

bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 bonesawisready5

@Jaysonguy: All of those items you named aren't going to wipe out $4b in cash in 5-10 years. You should stay here as long as possible as most self-respecting game forums wouldn't welcome your trolling and derailing.

Also, you're one to talk about not being able to talk about facts. Your greatest hits are comprised of gems like Super Mario Galaxy 2 being 95% a map pack and simply "turning green hills purple" Or something like that if I remember right. You say I can't take facts but don't offer any real insight through math and numbers and data as to how you think Nintendo will blow $4b in the next few years.

So again, stay on GameSpot. They apparently don't mind you here. You're like that tenured school teacher who damages children by taking out his/her frustrations on students in class but since its so hard to fire you you'll get by until you retire.

The_Funyarinpa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25 The_Funyarinpa
Member since 2015 • 504 Posts

@bunchanumbers said:

@softwaregeek: In a way he is right. Nintendo profited on the gamecube even though it retailed for $199. They profited on the N64 too. People like to criticize Nintendo but they always find a way to get by.

I dont get why people are criticizing GC, GC and N64 are some of my favorite consoles ever. Nintendo has awesome first party content and with the wii u they have brought over these franchises (NSMB U, Hyrule Warriors) and you can see them trying with new franchises (Bayonetta, Captain Toad, Splatoon). You cant say nintendo doesnt try to make the console as successful as it can be, im sure they will break even at the least and will most likely get a profit on the console