Nintendo is VERY happy with Fire Emblem Awakening

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts
http://nintendoeverything.com/115951/february-2013-npd-fire-emblem-awakening-sells-over-180000-combined-best-first-month-for-fire-emblem/ For the lazy, Fire Emblem Awakening for Nintendo 3DS had the best first month sales in franchise history, selling more than 180,000 units (more than 117,000 at retail + more than 63,000 digital units). The last game to be published in NA, Shadow Dragon, has 250,000 units in its lifetime sales. Awakening has met 70% of that in it's first month overseas, and it isn't even in Europe yet. Deserves every unit. Hopefully now Nintendo will take the overseas market for these games more seriously.
HowlingLotus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 HowlingLotus
Member since 2012 • 657 Posts

Hopefully now Nintendo will take the overseas market for these games more seriously.darkspineslayer

MOAR FE!

Avatar image for marioandlinkfan
marioandlinkfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 marioandlinkfan
Member since 2006 • 223 Posts

they've probably exceeded shadow dragon in terms of profit because digital sales = no middle man.

Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Sword-Demon
Member since 2008 • 7007 Posts

NA sales for the whole series for a wider comparison:

1. Fire Emblem (GBA): 490K
  2. Sacred Stones (GBA): 420K
  3. Path of Radiance (GC): 290K
  4. Radiant Dawn (Wii): 250K
  5. Shadow Dragon (DS): 250K

So Awakening's 180K within a month is extremely impressive, especially considering that the 3DS still has a relatively small userbase. It's already at over a 3rd of the lifetime sales of the best selling one, which released 10 years ago.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

NA sales for the whole series for a wider comparison:

1. Fire Emblem (GBA): 490K
  2. Sacred Stones (GBA): 420K
  3. Path of Radiance (GC): 290K
  4. Radiant Dawn (Wii): 250K
  5. Shadow Dragon (DS): 250K

So Awakening's 180K within a month is extremely impressive, especially considering that the 3DS still has a relatively small userbase. It's already at over a 3rd of the lifetime sales of the best selling one, which released 10 years ago.

Sword-Demon
Wow, that is impressive. I wonder how the game will stack up in worldwide sales, 10 years from now.
elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts
i am surprised its not a little more being that it has just about been sold out since its release also its a great game and deserves the sales
moltenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 moltenix
Member since 2008 • 2487 Posts

Forget Nintendo, I am very happy that I own this awesome game! :P

They shouldn't be too surprised. It really is an amazing game and all the praise and good reviews definitely helped. I think the eShop demo really helped as well. They really need to consider adding demos for their lesser known titles like this.

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#8 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts
They should be happy; this is what happens when you localize a game people want-- and advertise it. I even saw Fire Emblem Awakening commercials on TV and they looked well done, as well. :) Major Congrats to the Big N.
tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21652 Posts
Good things happen when you finally bring demos to the table. Now many more people who were either skeptical or ignorant to the series got a chance to play and decided to buy it...
Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

I still need to get this game it was my most anticipated 3DS game.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

Hopefully they'll release some of the older titles for the virtual console since Awakening has sold well.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#12 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts
I managed to find a physical copy in GameStop over SpringBreak; however, my girlfriend has taken possession of it and won't stop playing it.
emirblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 emirblade
Member since 2008 • 904 Posts

This game deserves even more sales. It an Awesome experience. I like it even more than the gba FE games.

King_Dodongo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 King_Dodongo
Member since 2006 • 3759 Posts

This game deserves even more sales. It an Awesome experience. I like it even more than the gba FE games.

emirblade
Agreed. Hopefully reaches at least a million worldwide. At least thi bodes well for the franchise in general IMO.
BigBen11111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 BigBen11111
Member since 2003 • 1529 Posts

Hopefully they'll release some of the older titles for the virtual console since Awakening has sold well.

yokofox33

That's what I've been hoping for as well.

Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#16 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts

[QUOTE="yokofox33"]

BigBen11111

That's what I've been hoping for as well.

It would be nice to see 4 and 5 translated.

limpbizkit818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 limpbizkit818
Member since 2004 • 15044 Posts
Guess this is why it has been so hard to find physical copies.
LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 LadyBlue
Member since 2012 • 4943 Posts

Great news! I've yet to pick it up,but I would defo get it.

Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#19 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts
They probably made a lot from their massively overpriced DLC, that I'll probably still buy to support more Fire Emblem and SRPGs.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
They probably made a lot from their massively overpriced DLC, that I'll probably still buy to support more Fire Emblem and SRPGs.Legolas_Katarn
I've found it easier to swallow with the bundles. But yeah, for the most part I'm doing it to support the game, only really want to play the bonds levels and future of despair.
halfmask

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 halfmask
Member since 2010 • 240 Posts

Not too surprising to me; I bought a 3DS with the sole purpose of being able to play this game. :P In case you're wondering, I hardly qualify as a diehard fan as I've only played two other games in the series to date and completely passed over Shadow Dragon, but something about the presentation of this game really caught my eye and led me to preorder. No regrets; what a fantastic game!

Avatar image for nintendofreak_2
nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#23 nintendofreak_2
Member since 2005 • 25896 Posts

[QUOTE="Legolas_Katarn"]They probably made a lot from their massively overpriced DLC, that I'll probably still buy to support more Fire Emblem and SRPGs.darkspineslayer
I've found it easier to swallow with the bundles. But yeah, for the most part I'm doing it to support the game, only really want to play the bonds levels and future of despair.

Same reason I've bought every one too.  From the ones I've played so far I'm not really sure they're worth the price yet, but I haven't played the good ones yet so I'll hold on judgement. 

And the reason this one is so close to Shadow Dragon is because SD wasn't very good. 

thetravman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 thetravman
Member since 2003 • 3592 Posts

I wish these games would break a million in their lifetime. The franchise deserves it.

MAILER_DAEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 MAILER_DAEMON
Member since 2003 • 45906 Posts
We still need to get Mystery of the Emblem, the second DS game/remake of part 2 of the SNES version. It's the missing link between Shadow Dragon (Prince Marth; King Marth from Awakening is based off of his MotE appearance) and Awakening's story. I'd rather see that game first, then see some sort of appearance of Gaiden and the Jugdral Saga games. We still don't even have an official translation of Roy's quest. >_>
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#26 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

[QUOTE="darkspineslayer"]Hopefully now Nintendo will take the overseas market for these games more seriously.HowlingLotus

MOAR FE!

Yeah boi!

PatchMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#27 PatchMaster
Member since 2003 • 6013 Posts

Good. Hopefully that means we'll not only get another 3DS game, but a proper (non-crossover) Wii U title at some point.

King_Dodongo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 King_Dodongo
Member since 2006 • 3759 Posts

Good. Hopefully that means we'll not only get another 3DS game, but a proper (non-crossover) Wii U title at some point.

PatchMaster
Superzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#29 Superzone
Member since 2004 • 3733 Posts
It deserves the great sales. I got it last week and I seriously can't put it down, it's already my second most-played game on my 3DS. This might surpass the first FE as my favorite in the series.
Superzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#30 Superzone
Member since 2004 • 3733 Posts
[QUOTE="MAILER_DAEMON"]We still need to get Mystery of the Emblem, the second DS game/remake of part 2 of the SNES version. It's the missing link between Shadow Dragon (Prince Marth; King Marth from Awakening is based off of his MotE appearance) and Awakening's story. I'd rather see that game first, then see some sort of appearance of Gaiden and the Jugdral Saga games. We still don't even have an official translation of Roy's quest. >_>

I have been waiting for FE6 (Roy's game) to come stateside ever since I beat the first North American Fire Emblem almost 10 years ago. I wonder if they will ever bring it to the eShop? I would seriously pee my pants.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
[QUOTE="Superzone"][QUOTE="MAILER_DAEMON"]We still need to get Mystery of the Emblem, the second DS game/remake of part 2 of the SNES version. It's the missing link between Shadow Dragon (Prince Marth; King Marth from Awakening is based off of his MotE appearance) and Awakening's story. I'd rather see that game first, then see some sort of appearance of Gaiden and the Jugdral Saga games. We still don't even have an official translation of Roy's quest. >_>

I have been waiting for FE6 (Roy's game) to come stateside ever since I beat the first North American Fire Emblem almost 10 years ago. I wonder if they will ever bring it to the eShop? I would seriously pee my pants.

The fan translations are out there. If Nintendo would be willing to pay them for their work, and do a little cleanup, then it would be great. They won't however.
The_Joker1721

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 The_Joker1721
Member since 2012 • 304 Posts
Awesome news. This game deserves it. Loving it so far. Just... So many things to do man ;_;
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Nintendo_Ownes7

I'm going to download it today. I just need $2 more to download it.

arfy2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 arfy2
Member since 2006 • 1613 Posts

I'm in the UK and got the 3DS XL Fire Emblem bundle on pre- order :)

Only problem is I have an exam on the 19th of April (release day) and another one on the 24th :(

loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 loosingENDS
Member since 2011 • 11793 Posts

And fans would be happy if they brought Bravely Default outside Japan

TwistedShade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 TwistedShade
Member since 2012 • 3139 Posts

Just picked up a 3DS XL, and the game. So far it's REALLY good, in my opinion but ofcourse all of them are pretty excellent.

Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Nintendo_Ownes7

Only problem is I have an exam on the 19th of April (release day) and another one on the 24th :(

arfy2

Is it a XL based on Fire Emblem Awakening or is it just a bundle with a normal XL and Fire Emblem Awakening?

If it is the first I wish the US had that instead of a normal 3DS that was based on Fire Emblem Awakening and bundled with Fire Emblem Awakening.

Avatar image for bonesawisready5
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 bonesawisready5
Member since 2011 • 4971 Posts

Happy to hear the game is selling well. My guess is in March NPD is sells about 50k retail and another 25k digitally. Sadly we already are seeing some retailer selling it for $25 or so the big sales look like they're over now.

Looking forward to Intelligent Systems working on Advance Wars for 3DS after this. I'm at Chapter 16 and played about 17 hours. Loving every minute of it.

Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Nintendo_Ownes7

Happy to hear the game is selling well. My guess is in March NPD is sells about 50k retail and another 25k digitally. Sadly we already are seeing some retailer selling it for $25 or so the big sales look like they're over now.

Looking forward to Intelligent Systems working on Advance Wars for 3DS after this. I'm at Chapter 16 and played about 17 hours. Loving every minute of it.

bonesawisready5

I think I'm at Chapter 13 and close to 17 hours but I'm also doing the Paralogues and using Reeking Chests to make more risen appear so I could level up some of my underpowered characters that are usually in my party.

Edit* I had to get it digitally because the store I went to didn't have it in stock but I know they carry it because they had space on the shelf for it but I'm glad I got it digitally because now it is always with me.

bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 bonesawisready5

Can anyone tell me when I should change a character's class with those seals? I changed the sister (the one who originally can't do anything but heal) to a War Cleric hoping she'd have the ability to use weapons to defend herself but it won't let me equip any melee weapons to her.

I've maxed out Chrom, my character, and a few others at 20ish. So should I convert them with seals to another class? What boosts will I get from this or should I leave certain characters as maxed out in their original classes?

Thanks. I'm at Chapter 16 and getting ready for a big push into the end of the game. I've never gotten this far in an Intelligent Systems SRPG like FE or AW. I usually find a mission I just  can't beat around chapter 10 and I give up but that was in my younger days. Despite some really difficult parts I'm doing good in Awakening but a large part of that is due to not having to turn on character death

Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Nintendo_Ownes7

Can anyone tell me when I should change a character's class with those seals? I changed the sister (the one who originally can't do anything but heal) to a War Cleric hoping she'd have the ability to use weapons to defend herself but it won't let me equip any melee weapons to her.

I've maxed out Chrom, my character, and a few others at 20ish. So should I convert them with seals to another class? What boosts will I get from this or should I leave certain characters as maxed out in their original classes?

Thanks. I'm at Chapter 16 and getting ready for a big push into the end of the game. I've never gotten this far in an Intelligent Systems SRPG like FE or AW. I usually find a mission I just  can't beat around chapter 10 and I give up but that was in my younger days. Despite some really difficult parts I'm doing good in Awakening but a large part of that is due to not having to turn on character death

bonesawisready5

You need to equip a Bronze Ax to Lissa when she becomes a War Cleric because her ax proficiancy is an E, Iron Axes are D, Steel Axes are C, Silver are B.

I'm not sure what weopons you can start using at Level A.

When I promoted some of my units it was when they maxed out at Level 20 then use the Master seal to promote them. Frederick doesn't get promoted since he starts out at his secondary class already.

bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 bonesawisready5

[QUOTE="bonesawisready5"]

Nintendo_Ownes7

You need to equip a Bronze Ax to Lissa when she becomes a War Cleric because her ax proficiancy is an E, Iron Axes are D, Steel Axes are C, Silver are B.

When I promoted some of my units it was when they maxed out at Level 20 then use the Master seal to promote them. Frederick doesn't get promoted since he starts out at his secondary class already.

Thanks. I'm guessing I have to buy a Bronze Axe from one of the shops around the map?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Thanks. I'm at Chapter 16 and getting ready for a big push into the end of the game. bonesawisready5
Don't rush it. you have a good chunk of the game left. Anyways, Bronze weapons can be found in shops on the map from near the beginning of the game. Lissa will need to work her weapon level up.
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Nintendo_Ownes7

[QUOTE="Nintendo_Ownes7"]

[QUOTE="bonesawisready5"]

bonesawisready5

Thanks. I'm guessing I have to buy a Bronze Axe from one of the shops around the map?

You can get the Bronze Axe in the first area that you completed.

V3rciS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 V3rciS
Member since 2011 • 2241 Posts

[QUOTE="arfy2"]

Nintendo_Ownes7

Is it a XL based on Fire Emblem Awakening or is it just a bundle with a normal XL and Fire Emblem Awakening?

If it is the first I wish the US had that instead of a normal 3DS that was based on Fire Emblem Awakening and bundled with Fire Emblem Awakening.

Here is the European Fire Emblem 3ds XL bundle

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nintendo-Handheld-Console-3DS-Awakening/dp/B00BERB8AO/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1364883797&sr=8-2

arfy2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 arfy2
Member since 2006 • 1613 Posts

[QUOTE="arfy2"]

Nintendo_Ownes7

It a blue 3DS XL with the Fire Emblem er emblem on the back in white with a digital copy of the game. It looks really cool!!!

Someone beat me to it lol

moltenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 moltenix
Member since 2008 • 2487 Posts
Just made it to Chapter 24. So freakin' awesome!!! :D