Nintendo has 36 Months to produce Eternal Darkness

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Nintendo_Ownes7 (30917 posts) -

Nintendo has 36 Months to produce something Eternal Darkness related to keep the Trademark

Looks like Nintendo is going to have to put up or shut up with their Eternal Darkness trademark. The USPTO has seen Nintendo's request to extend the Eternal Darkness trademark, but has responded to that with a Statement of Use or Extension Request. This means Nintendo has 36 months to actually do something with Eternal Darkness, otherwise they'll looks the trademark request. Well...things just got really interesting!

I think they might do HD remake or port just so they can keep the trademark.

#2 Posted by nintendoboy16 (25055 posts) -

That's not good.

#3 Edited by -ParaNormaN- (418 posts) -

That's 3 years. I think that's enough time for an HD remake. Hope it happens.

#4 Posted by starwarsjunky (24553 posts) -

all they have to do is make an action figure or something. Although i'd LOVE a remake or VC release.

#5 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4466 posts) -

Let's hope Nintendo does not miss this opportunity. A HD sequel or remake would be amazing. Hell, I'll settle with a quick Virtual Console release.

#6 Posted by madsnakehhh (13915 posts) -

Nah, just give me a new Fatal Frame, i mean with the Tablet it would be pretty awesome.

#7 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4466 posts) -

Nah, just give me a new Fatal Frame, i mean with the Tablet it would be pretty awesome.

This. I want this now.

#8 Edited by babycakin (1400 posts) -

HD remake would be excellent!

#9 Posted by am_h8ter_ade (31 posts) -

Eternal Darkness is one of those games that I really don't understand where all the love comes from. I was so excited for that game back in the day, but when I finally got my hands on it I found it do be so boring. The levels were all the same, the spell system was simplistic, the sanity effects were uninteresting. One of my most overrated games of all time. I can't be the only one feels this way. The Shadow of the Eternals fund raising effort failed multiple times.

#10 Edited by superbuuman (2265 posts) -

agree..

Also good to see you can't just hold unto things forever & not doing anything with it. The laziest but easiest is just to re release the GC version to VC..that's probably what will happen. :p

#11 Posted by 4myAmuzumament (1336 posts) -

Eternal Darkness is one of those games that I really don't understand where all the love comes from. I was so excited for that game back in the day, but when I finally got my hands on it I found it do be so boring.

One of my most overrated games of all time.

I can't be the only one feels this way.

I'm in the same boat as you. I borrowed it from a friend back in the Gamecube era and started playing and all I remember was clunky controls and bad animation. I never finished.

Heh, I can actually see the game from where I'm sitting, staring me down, wondering why I never returned it to it's owner.

#12 Edited by DaBrainz (7486 posts) -

They will release the original on VC. There will be no sequel.

#13 Posted by Haziqonfire (36342 posts) -

What if I told you Nintendo is already making a sequel?! Out 2015.

#14 Posted by Master_Of_Fools (1011 posts) -

They can just renew it again like always.

#15 Posted by trugs26 (4650 posts) -

It'd be funny if Nintendo did something cheap, like a 3D Puzzle Board on the 3DS, in order to "use" the IP :P

#16 Posted by superbuuman (2265 posts) -

What if I told you Nintendo is already making a sequel?! Out 2015.

For real?...that'd be awesome! :D ...I miss out on the original. :(

#17 Posted by Pierst179 (10499 posts) -

The original game is indeed clunky in a few parts, but its plot, the way it is developed and the whole "sanity" aspect make it quite remarkable.

A sequel that fixed the original's shortcomings would be awesome.

#18 Posted by nini200 (8851 posts) -

You have a point there. Remove the ghost location icon and the lock on during the fights and I'd be behind this idea 100% otherwise I just can't fully support it. Too much "Hey, the ghost is over there, now they're on your right side" in Fatal Frame. At least have a super hard difficulty where those things are removed.

Spirit Camera on 3DS uses your idea and is Fatal Frame on 3DS

#19 Posted by Ovirew (6121 posts) -

Maybe they'll put a character in the new Smash Bros. game. They could have you start out with one character at the beginning of a battle, but then as time wages on the character can jump ahead to the future and be replaced with a character from another age, or something. That could be interesting.