Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Stofidoff
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Hey guys,

I've had my Nintendo 64 for a good 10+ years. I have about 15 games for it and I am having trouble deciding whether or not I should sell it. Is this a good time to sell it or should I wait? The list of games I have are

Aerofighters Assault

Jetforce Gemini

Megaman 64

Mario Kart 64

Star Wars Episode 1 Racer

WCW Nitro

Madden 64

Star Wars Rogue Squadron

Blast Corps

NBA Hangtime

Ken Griffey Jr Slugfest

F1 World Grand Prix

Toy Story 2

Star Fox 64

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

I also have the system with two controllers and all of the cartridges are in really good condition with stickers intact.

AVIS93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 AVIS93
Member since 2009 • 341 Posts

Well, it depends on how much sentimental value you have for it and how much do you value your games collection. I wouldn't sell it, I still have my original Nintendo 64 back from Christmas 1997 hooked to my TV and it's perhaps my most beloved piece of my collection. If I were you, I would even get more games for it, since I see you're missing a couple classics, such as Paper Mario, Majora's Mask, Diddy Kong Racing, Banjo-Kazooie (if you like platformers, please play this one), Banjo-Tooie, Turok 2, Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Donkey Kong 64, Conker's Bad Fur Day, Rayman 2: The Great Escape, among a few others.

On the other hand, if you don't really care much about the classics of that era or building a games collection, then sell it, although I would advise to wait a little longer since prices of N64 stuff are going up.

TTUalumni13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 TTUalumni13
Member since 2013 • 842 Posts

Personally, I'd sell it. You can get N64 games on a more modern console and not waste space with an old console and bulky cartridges and controllers

Stofidoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Stofidoff

How much do you think I could sell it for if I were to sell it? I was looking online and found Ocarina of Time and Mario Kart fetching $50 and Starfox and Megaman fetching about $30.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

I always find myself getting rid of older system as enough years pass. Sometimes because the games just age terribly (N64 games are very prone to this problem), but even if they don't, the few I wish to play I can eventually emulate. It's far too much trouble to keep the entire system around for just a few games (I've only got so much shelf space). I've gotten rid of my Saturn, N64, NES, SNES, Genesis, and a few other systems because of this. I'm sure in many years, the same thing will befall my PS3, 360, PS4.

Just the way it goes. Every system has its glory days, but I see no reason to keep them around once past, especially when I can get their software through other means.

Stofidoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Stofidoff

@MirkoS77: Thank you for the info. I think I'm going to sell it. How much do you think I should sell it for?

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

@stofidoff said:

@MirkoS77: Thank you for the info. I think I'm going to sell it. How much do you think I should sell it for?

I've no idea. Browse eBay for an idea. Depends on how many games are included. I don't think you'll be getting very much really.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8  Edited By bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

I'd keep it unless you're desperate for cash. Your stuff is only going to get more valuable with time and its showing in the prices being paid now.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

@stofidoff said:

How much do you think I could sell it for if I were to sell it? I was looking online and found Ocarina of Time and Mario Kart fetching $50 and Starfox and Megaman fetching about $30.

You did horrible research

OOT is about 25 bucks and Kart is 40 if the cart is mint.

Star Fox is 10 bucks if you're lucky and Megaman goes for 15

An N64 itself goes for about 60 with 2 controllers

So I mean yeah if you're burning stuff for heat the 100-125 dollars you'll get for all of it would be worth it. If you're not selling body fluids for money though I'd wait.