NINTENDO 3DS XL MARIO WHITE EDITION NTSC!

#1 Edited by ninfando1989 (87 posts) -
#2 Posted by ninfando1989 (87 posts) -

Wonder if there are any other LE system that is this strange?

#3 Posted by Jaysonguy (37599 posts) -

Wonder if there are any other LE system that is this strange?

What makes it strange?

#4 Posted by YearoftheSnake5 (7247 posts) -

Looks ugly. I already thought the 3DS XL was ugly, but this makes it worse.

#5 Edited by Chozofication (2769 posts) -

Terrible design, back in the GBA days LE systems looked slick.

#6 Posted by bjmatlock (3 posts) -

I wish they'd come out with a design that would be see through plastic similar to what they used to do for the GBAs back in the day. The one I remember the most was like a blue tinted GBA that was only slightly opaque and you could see the insides of it. I'd post a pic but my button doesn't seem to want to respond :-\

#7 Posted by nini200 (9630 posts) -

I heard white edition and was intrigued, clicked the thread, saw the design, lost interest.

I think I'll have to custom my 3DS with a decalgirl skin or something.

#8 Posted by trugs26 (5308 posts) -

Looks ugly. So is this a region free 3DS?

#9 Posted by yokofox33 (29400 posts) -

It's not bad, but that Persona Q and SMT IV 3DS were more badass that were released in Japan.

#10 Posted by Kenny789 (10216 posts) -

Doesn't look that bad, looks fine to me. Wouldn't trade my Pikachu XL for it though.

#11 Posted by ninfando1989 (87 posts) -

@Jaysonguy:

Its a Asia system with NTSC firmware?

#12 Edited by Star0 (443 posts) -

Still hoping that they'll release something like this in different colours one day. I don't particularly like the range of 3DS games, but I'd like to get this as a collector's piece. I used to have a bunch of transparent GBC shells back in the day.

That Mario design looks kind of tacky, sort of like those stick-on tattoos you find at amusement parks.

#13 Edited by ninfando1989 (87 posts) -
@Star0 said:

Still hoping that they'll release something like this in different colours one day. I don't particularly like the range of 3DS games, but I'd like to get this as a collector's piece. I used to have a bunch of transparent GBC shells back in the day.

That Mario design looks kind of tacky, sort of like those stick-on tattoos you find at amusement parks.

I will buy this :0

Reminds me of the gameboy version that was actually sold.

Too bad its sold out now.......

#14 Posted by Star0 (443 posts) -

@ninfando1989

I knew you were talking about the GB Light before I even clicked the link =P. I have two of them sealed somewhere in the attic. The other one has an Astro Boy design on the front :) You can still find them crop up on eBay or some lesser known Asian sites now and again, but they're ridiculously expensive. I was planning to get a transparent shell molded for my NES at some point. I should get back to that xD.

#15 Posted by ninfando1989 (87 posts) -

Looks like its sold out lol

#16 Edited by ninfando1989 (87 posts) -

In stock again. Games are physical copies

#17 Edited by PurpleLabel (301 posts) -

I just got mine yesterday. I love it so far. On the box it says "Singapore/UAE model". It runs on US firmware and uses US store of course. Did my system transfer and I have been playing the crap out of pokemon X on it. If anybody has questions in regards to it, feel free to ask. I got mine through play-asia btw.

#18 Posted by ninfando1989 (87 posts) -
#19 Posted by PurpleLabel (301 posts) -

@purplelabel:

It did comes with the games right?

It came with NTSC US versions of New Mario bros 2. and evo soccer 2011. Not digital downloads, boxed copies.

#20 Posted by ninfando1989 (87 posts) -

@ninfando1989 said:

@purplelabel:

It came with NTSC US versions of New Mario bros 2. and evo soccer 2011. Not digital downloads, boxed copies.

GooD :D

I prefer boxed copies too!

#21 Posted by PurpleLabel (301 posts) -

@purplelabel said:

@ninfando1989 said:

@purplelabel:

GooD :D

I prefer boxed copies too!

Are you picking one up?

#22 Edited by PurpleLabel (301 posts) -

My buddy made an unboxing video for his.

#23 Posted by yixingtpot (1389 posts) -

why Nintendo loses respect, they just keep pumping out cheap money pit grabs... I think most Nintendo hardcore fans own more versions of the DS/3DS/whatever it's called now than they own games. Just buy a sticker set and plop Mario's race on your old junky 3DS. How many versions of the same system can a person own? 3DS XXL, XLLX, NXL, NZXLL+, 4DS HD 3D + XkLsLX.2.3.5

#24 Posted by PurpleLabel (301 posts) -

why Nintendo loses respect, they just keep pumping out cheap money pit grabs... I think most Nintendo hardcore fans own more versions of the DS/3DS/whatever it's called now than they own games. Just buy a sticker set and plop Mario's race on your old junky 3DS. How many versions of the same system can a person own? 3DS XXL, XLLX, NXL, NZXLL+, 4DS HD 3D + XkLsLX.2.3.5

I hope they release more special editions. I like collecting. Every gaming company has multiple editions of their consoles.

#25 Posted by ninfando1989 (87 posts) -

Hmm I will get it when it goes on sales locally lol

#26 Posted by PurpleLabel (301 posts) -

Hmm I will get it when it goes on sales locally lol

It won't.

#27 Posted by kirbyschick78 (7 posts) -

@purplelabel: Yep, I got it right when it came out, and I love it too! I left my review on Play-Asia, if anyone else is interested.

#28 Posted by PurpleLabel (301 posts) -

@purplelabel: Yep, I got it right when it came out, and I love it too! I left my review on Play-Asia, if anyone else is interested.

Glad to hear you love it. Be sure to get a clear crystal case to put on the back and front to protect the paint job from scratches. You can get them cheap.

#29 Posted by nini200 (9630 posts) -

Looks good on video. Are there any plans for a Gold 3DS XL yet? I'd buy that one if so.

#30 Edited by fighting_otaku (8 posts) -

i just want a full white 3dsxl over here in NA already .=.

#31 Posted by PurpleLabel (301 posts) -

@nini200 said:

Looks good on video. Are there any plans for a Gold 3DS XL yet? I'd buy that one if so.

They have one already, it's the Zelda XL edition.

#32 Posted by nini200 (9630 posts) -

@purplelabel: really now? Hmm I may haveto look into this, thanks. Can the triforce logo be carved off it without damaging it? I'm sure it has a triforce logo on it.

#33 Posted by PurpleLabel (301 posts) -

@nini200 said:

@purplelabel: really now? Hmm I may haveto look into this, thanks. Can the triforce logo be carved off it without damaging it? I'm sure it has a triforce logo on it.

Blasphemy!

#34 Posted by nini200 (9630 posts) -

@nini200 said:

Blasphemy!

I saw it and it looks nice. I'll have to remove that black cover and replace it with a white cover then find some way to cover up that Triforce logo. I could probably just paint over it or get a custom decal to go over it.

#35 Edited by PurpleLabel (301 posts) -

@nini200 said:

@purplelabel said:

@nini200 said:

Blasphemy!

I saw it and it looks nice. I'll have to remove that black cover and replace it with a white cover then find some way to cover up that Triforce logo. I could probably just paint over it or get a custom decal to go over it.

In all honesty, you'll be spending a pretty penny just to find a zelda 3ds xl. They're not impossible to find, but not exactly easy. You might be able to look on ebay or some 3rd party companies that make covers that you can replace the original with yourself. Just buy a basic blue 3ds for a black inside or a pink one for a white, and replace the shell yourself.

#36 Posted by nini200 (9630 posts) -

@nini200 said:

@purplelabel said:

@nini200 said:

Blasphemy!

In all honesty, you'll be spending a pretty penny just to find a zelda 3ds xl. They're not impossible to find, but not exactly easy. You might be able to look on ebay or some 3rd party companies that make covers that you can replace the original with yourself. Just buy a basic blue 3ds for a black inside or a pink one for a white, and replace the shell yourself.

but I want to mess up a Zelda one though... T_T lol

#37 Posted by lamprey263 (23292 posts) -

Dangit, they didn't have any cool LE 3DS designs when I got my XL, just blue, red, and pink.

Then they had the LE 3DS and 3DS XLs for A Link Between Worlds, the 3DS one looks better but the golden XL looks nice too. The Japanese got a cool looking Persona Q one. Meh, not worth buying a new 3DS for but still I look in envy. Maybe I should look into getting a cool decal if they have them.

#38 Posted by PurpleLabel (301 posts) -

Dangit, they didn't have any cool LE 3DS designs when I got my XL, just blue, red, and pink.

Then they had the LE 3DS and 3DS XLs for A Link Between Worlds, the 3DS one looks better but the golden XL looks nice too. The Japanese got a cool looking Persona Q one. Meh, not worth buying a new 3DS for but still I look in envy. Maybe I should look into getting a cool decal if they have them.

Just get a special edition one. It's worth it. I might get a 3rd.

#39 Posted by achilles614 (4849 posts) -

@nini200 said:

@purplelabel said:

@nini200 said:

Blasphemy!

Is it that expensive now? I have one in the box unopened, I grabbed one after I saw how much the pikachu edition went up in price (still want a pikachu XL :( )

#40 Posted by PurpleLabel (301 posts) -

They're getting harder to find. Check amazon for brand new prices.