New Super Mario...on handheld or Console?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by KBFloYd (12867 posts) -

on handhelds

we have

96.jpg 3ds-new-super-mario-bros-2.jpg

on Consoles we have

new_super_mario.jpeg 96.jpg

which series do you prefer?

imo..the handheld versions are much more fun and charming.

#2 Posted by Mochyc (4421 posts) -
I absolutely loved New Super Mario Bros, 2 was okay. I didn't like NSMB Wii, haven't tried Wii U yet. I really dislike how they lowered the difficulty, there is no stress anymore! I wish there was a harder mode where: -There weren't so many lives. -Or powerups. -And when you got hit, you became mini mario even if you had a powerup. -Forget about the coins! In all the new super mario games, sometimes I'll voluntarily avoid powerups to make the game about more challenging. Essentially I would love them to go back to the Super Mario World formula :P.
#4 Posted by BigBen11111 (1528 posts) -

NSMB on the handheld are great games, I prefer the ease of the games over the 80's Mario games.

Sadly, I've yet to play the console versions, although I've own the Wii version.

#5 Posted by josephl64 (4424 posts) -

I'm not a fan of the NSMB line of Mario games

#6 Posted by scoots9 (3191 posts) -

NSMBU is the best in the series so I guess consoles.

#7 Posted by KBFloYd (12867 posts) -

scoots9

i disagree but i will buy the luigi content...looks cool.

picking up items is awkward on consoles..and on handhelds you get to keep an extra item.on reserve.

#8 Posted by Pierst179 (10707 posts) -

Consoles by a landslide.

The first New Super Mario Bros. game was awfully easy. The Wii version was a drastic improvement, and the Wii U game is the best of the bunch.

I liked New Super Mario Bros. 2 much better than most people out there, but it is not as good as the two console games either.

#9 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4651 posts) -
NSMBU is my favorite out of the four so I vote console.
#10 Posted by Heirren (16184 posts) -

scoots9
Yeah it's no contest, though I don't own the 3ds one yet.
#11 Posted by Rod90 (7266 posts) -
Multiplayer is the only reason why NSMBWii was good, so yeah, consoles is my vote.
#12 Posted by Spinnerweb (2928 posts) -

I'm not a fan of the NSMB line of Mario games

josephl64
Same here.
#13 Posted by darksongbird (1234 posts) -

I have only played the DS and Wii versions. The 3DS and Wii U versions are still ones I want to play (especially the Wii U version).

#14 Posted by darkspineslayer (19439 posts) -
The handheld versions are easy as hell, unless you want to take the 3DS versions DLC into account. The console versions can kick my a** in the final worlds/special stages.
#15 Posted by spike6958 (4672 posts) -
Well considering NSMBU is the only good game in the series, I have to say console.
#16 Posted by Zassimick (6222 posts) -

I rank them as this: 

1. NSMBU
  2. NSMB2
  3. NSMBWii
  4. NSMB
So I suppose console. NSMBU is incredibly fun and my favorite in the series.
#17 Posted by simomate (1859 posts) -

Consoles by a landslide.

The first New Super Mario Bros. game was awfully easy. The Wii version was a drastic improvement, and the Wii U game is the best of the bunch.

I liked New Super Mario Bros. 2 much better than most people out there, but it is not as good as the two console games either.

Pierst179
This. I couldn't get into the DS version but I did enjoy the Wii version. However, some how this series has lost its flair with me and the wii version was the only one I liked.
#18 Posted by Minishdriveby (10114 posts) -
The Console versions seem to be more creative and have better level design.
#19 Posted by Superzone (3713 posts) -
I honestly think I prefer the handheld ones, even though NSMBU is my overall favorite one. Classic 2D Mario gameplay is just perfect for a handheld.
#20 Posted by DJSAV_101 (3686 posts) -

I've only played NSMB and NSMB:Wii. I enjoyed both but NSBM:Wii was a lot of fun with 4 players and also a bit tougher. So I guess console > hand held.

#21 Posted by Abagnam (122 posts) -
the console games are more complex and in a general way, better
#22 Posted by Pixel-Perfect (5778 posts) -

NSMBU is my favorite out of the four so I vote console.ANIMEguy10034

Oooh, do you have a Wii U now?

Anyways, I'd go for consoles.

#23 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4651 posts) -

[QUOTE="ANIMEguy10034"]NSMBU is my favorite out of the four so I vote console.Pixel-Perfect

I wish! :P
Three of my friends own a Wii U and I literally spend hours in the Nintendo World Store whenever I visit. I'm hoping to get a Wii U for my birthday, but I'll most likely end up using all of my money for college supplies. Gotta love being poor.~

#24 Posted by PoisoN_Facecam0 (3734 posts) -
all the nsmb games were quite boring imo.. but nsmb2 was at least kinda fun
#25 Posted by Pixel-Perfect (5778 posts) -

[QUOTE="Pixel-Perfect"]

[QUOTE="ANIMEguy10034"]NSMBU is my favorite out of the four so I vote console.ANIMEguy10034

I wish! :P
Three of my friends own a Wii U and I literally spend hours in the Nintendo World Store whenever I visit. I'm hoping to get a Wii U for my birthday, but I'll most likely end up using all of my money for college supplies. Gotta love being poor.~

You lucky new yorkers you.

#26 Posted by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -
They work well on both but both the console iterations have been better than the handheld iterations.