Need for Speed: Most Wanted Wii U Demo

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by redluigi11 (89 posts) -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eH3DmUgokk

the fact that there using pc textures and not console textures is cool 

#2 Posted by Euaggelistes (1826 posts) -

Not a fan of the Need For Speed Franchise but I love the fact that the developer flat out states that the Wii U version is the best looking version. Booyah.

#3 Posted by Nintendo_Ownes7 (30917 posts) -

Good thing I didn't get it on PS3 I will pick it up for the Wii U.

#4 Posted by Heil68 (46840 posts) -
i like that they actually put some effort into the Wiiu and it's gamepad. I'll probably pick this up.
#5 Posted by FireEmblem_Man (9168 posts) -

i like that they actually put some effort into the Wiiu and it's gamepad. I'll probably pick this up. Heil68

I knew it all a long!!!

#6 Posted by spike6958 (5053 posts) -
Nice, I knew there was a reason I held off on other versions.
#7 Posted by beefdog (9178 posts) -

Very happy to see that this is not just a half-assed port. Some good stuff here!

#8 Posted by Jaysonguy (37995 posts) -

As long as it doesn't launch for any more than 29.99 it's fine

If not it's just another case of Wii U users getting screwed

#9 Posted by superbuuman (3213 posts) -

Nice, but the gamepad stuff is gimmicky...father & son mode, they're treating WiiU owners like baby gamers. Like WiiU owners haven't played NFS before. :P

#10 Posted by Rod90 (7266 posts) -
Didn't that game got released ages ago...?
#11 Posted by enrique_marrodz (2107 posts) -
Sounds great!! I was really needing a good arcade racing game!!
#12 Posted by Jaysonguy (37995 posts) -

Didn't that game got released ages ago...?Rod90

Yes it did, that's why anyone who pays more than 29.99 for it (plus applicable tax) needs to check their manhood at the door.

Nothing we've seen matters if the price is 59.99

#13 Posted by jer_1 (7451 posts) -

I would possibly grab it if it's dirt cheap. It looks like they made this game for idiots though going by that video. Sweet, now I can invite my dad to my house so I can play a racer that I've played for the last 20 damn years...fun.

#14 Posted by nini200 (10411 posts) -
Not bad. May pick this up. But After I pick up Project Cars (If it ever comes out)
#15 Posted by Rod90 (7266 posts) -

[QUOTE="Rod90"]Didn't that game got released ages ago...?Jaysonguy

Yes it did, that's why anyone who pays more than 29.99 for it (plus applicable tax) needs to check their manhood at the door.

It makes no sense at all. This was a GCN game, an average game also, and there are many sequels of NFS after Most Wanted... :|
#16 Posted by FPS1337 (2517 posts) -
I was thinking about getting the Xbox 360 version, but put it off for and thought if the Wii-U version looked worth it I'll get that. Very glad the developers decided to actually take the time to make the Wii-U version right, not a cheap port. Great they are using high end PC assets and adding new gamepad specific features is great. Nice to see the developers really work with this, they could have easily just did a straight port with lazy gamepad features, but they actually made the game specifically for Wii-U and didn't rush it. I am glad to support a hard working developer by buying a copy and hoping other Wii-U owners will recognize this as well.
#17 Posted by FPS1337 (2517 posts) -
Didn't that game got released ages ago...?Rod90
By ages do you mean a in the 4th quarter of 2012? It was a while back. They could have made it a plain port and released it at launch, but they said they wanted to take advantage of the Wii-U online features and didn't get there hands on the full features of the Wii-U until it launched.
#18 Posted by Litchie (16636 posts) -
I've had the game for some time now on PC. It's a great game. Not as good as the original Most Wanted, which happens to be my favourite racing game, but it's nice. Definitely the best new arcade racing game out.
#19 Posted by Litchie (16636 posts) -

[QUOTE="Rod90"]Didn't that game got released ages ago...?FPS1337
By ages do you mean a in the 4th quarter of 2012? It was a while back. They could have made it a plain port and released it at launch, but they said they wanted to take advantage of the Wii-U online features and didn't get there hands on the full features of the Wii-U until it launched.

I think he means the first game titled "Most Wanted", which came out 2005. It's not the same game, but it's similar. Being chased by the cops isn't nearly as fun as it was in the first one..

#20 Posted by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -
I'm really interested in picking this up. I haven't played a NFS/Burnout game since the 6th generation of consoles.
#21 Posted by Jaysonguy (37995 posts) -

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="Rod90"]Didn't that game got released ages ago...?Rod90

It makes no sense at all. This was a GCN game, an average game also, and there are many sequels of NFS after Most Wanted... :|

No it's not the last gen one, it's the one released last year.

#22 Posted by Nintendo_Ownes7 (30917 posts) -

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="Rod90"]Didn't that game got released ages ago...?Rod90

You're confused there are two NFS games named Most Wanted; Just like there are two Hot Pursuit games.

Most Wanted that is on the Wii U was released on the 360, PS3, and PC in October/November of 2012. The older Most Wanted was developed by EA Black Box and it was released in 2005.

#23 Posted by mariokart64fan (19667 posts) -

only 4 months and the wiiu version includes that on disc dlc for free and exclusive features

#24 Posted by bonesawisready5 (4940 posts) -

Jaysonguy
Yes, and if so I'll pick it up when it drops to $20-$30 months after release and thus avoid being screwed
#25 Posted by Selkc (203 posts) -

happy day.  thanks a million to the developpers to do that for the wii u players.

#26 Posted by dobzilian (2817 posts) -
I do want. not brought a racing game in years.
#27 Posted by osirisx3 (2024 posts) -

well at least we know wii u is at least a bit better then ps3 hehe.

#28 Posted by Jaysonguy (37995 posts) -

osirisx3

Barely edging out 6 year old tech from last generation is a big deal to you?

#29 Posted by Toxic-Seahorse (4329 posts) -

[QUOTE="osirisx3"]

Jaysonguy

Why are you always so god damn negative? You could say the same thing for the next gen consoles, except they are going to be worse than current PC hardware. So are they not a big deal? Not to mention that he never even said it was a big deal. 

#30 Posted by dobzilian (2817 posts) -

[QUOTE="osirisx3"]

Jaysonguy

Would it matter much if it looked 3x as good ? Of cause not as its on the wrong system and whatever is released on a nintendo console is gonna be trash to you and those Childish ways.
#31 Posted by YearoftheSnake5 (8028 posts) -

I love the original Need for Speed: Most Wanted. I'll definitely pick this one up.

#32 Posted by NeoStar9 (1745 posts) -

[QUOTE="Rod90"]Didn't that game got released ages ago...?Jaysonguy

Which it will be. The other versions are now $39.99 in most places. This should not be put out for the full price. This is the major problem with these late ports and why they fail regardless of the effort put into them. As much as I'd like to play this there is no way I'm getting it at $59.99 regardless of the effort.
#33 Posted by Litchie (16636 posts) -

I love the original Need for Speed: Most Wanted. I'll definitely pick this one up.

YearoftheSnake5
I do too. It's probably my favourite arcade racer ever. While the new Most Wanted is sweet, as in the cars feel awesome to drive, and the graphics look pretty, it's not as fun as the original, so don't get your hopes up too high.
#34 Posted by Toxic-Seahorse (4329 posts) -

[QUOTE="YearoftheSnake5"]

Litchie

I do too. It's probably my favourite arcade racer ever. While the new Most Wanted is sweet, as in the cars feel awesome to drive, and the graphics look pretty, it's not as fun as the original, so don't get your hopes up too high.

Yeah I agree. The racing system is kind of lame. There's no visual customization and you just find cards in the city, which I find it pretty stupid. The racing and the graphics are good though. It's not worth $60, but for $40 or $30, I would say it's worth it.

#35 Posted by tocool340 (20660 posts) -
If only that newer Most Wanted game wasn't such a bleh game, I'd consider it good news...
#36 Posted by Toxic-Seahorse (4329 posts) -
If only that newer Most Wanted game wasn't such a bleh game, I'd consider it good news...tocool340
Yeah. I would much rather Burnout Paradise to come to Wii U. The new Most Wanted has way too many flaws.
#37 Posted by tocool340 (20660 posts) -

[QUOTE="tocool340"]If only that newer Most Wanted game wasn't such a bleh game, I'd consider it good news...Toxic-Seahorse
Yeah. I would much rather Burnout Paradise to come to Wii U. The new Most Wanted has way too many flaws.

I thought Paradise was coming to Wii U. Or was it 3DS?...

Nevermind. Looks like its going to neither. I was seeing things a while ago I guess...

#38 Posted by OreoMilkshake (12825 posts) -
Love Criterion. I'll pick this up for sure.
#39 Posted by Toxic-Seahorse (4329 posts) -

[QUOTE="Toxic-Seahorse"][QUOTE="tocool340"]If only that newer Most Wanted game wasn't such a bleh game, I'd consider it good news...tocool340

I thought Paradise was coming to Wii U. Or was it 3DS?...

Nevermind. Looks like its going to neither. I was seeing things a while ago I guess...

There was a rumor of Burnout Paradise coming to the Wii U back before the Wii U released but it was just made up.
#40 Posted by nini200 (10411 posts) -
I'd much rather have Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 1 or 2 than Most Wanted to be honest.
#41 Posted by Djmaster214 (3239 posts) -

Jaysonguy
yeah idk what the hel they were thinking trying to launch sniper elite at full price.
#42 Posted by tocool340 (20660 posts) -

[QUOTE="YearoftheSnake5"]

Litchie

the cars feel awesome to drive

I wonder if I'm doing it wrong because the controls feel so damn stiff compared to any of the other Need for speed games I played. It feel like I'm steering tanks that can go over 100 MPH. Like there's a delay reaction in turning the vehicles. I've never felt that way while playing Shift, Hot Pursuit. or The Run...

#43 Posted by Litchie (16636 posts) -

[QUOTE="Litchie"][QUOTE="YearoftheSnake5"]

tocool340

the cars feel awesome to drive

I wonder if I'm doing it wrong because the controls feel so damn stiff compared to any of the other Need for speed games I played. It feel like I'm steering tanks that can go over 100 MPH. Like there's a delay reaction in turning the vehicles. I've never felt that way while playing Shift, Hot Pursuit. or The Run...

Weird.. I thought it was smiliar to how NFS games usually feel. I play the game on PC with my GC controller via a GC to USB dongle. Feels awesome to me.