Namco Bandai's VP says "keep the faith"

This topic is locked from further discussion.

quickposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 quickposter
Member since 2010 • 1735 Posts

Namco's VP of marketing says dropping the price of 3DS could be a hinderance to the 3DS more than help. He states by keeping the price at a premium level it allows developers to bring premium products to market. He also thinks 3DS would go down in value if a price drop would happen.

Personally I think some of the games will force your hand but a small drop at Christmas couldn't hurt ;)

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/35128/E3_Namco_Bandai_Says_Keep_3DS_Faith.php

Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Pixel-Perfect
Member since 2009 • 5778 Posts

I'll have faith in Namco as soon as I can play Tales of Graces. Not that that's even remotely relevant. :|

Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts

It dosent need a price drop. People keep demanding it because of vita but sony is taking a huge loss on each unit at that price. They only made it that low because they know its the only way they can possibly compete with the 3DS after the failure that was the psp. The thing is though that in the end that does end up affecting the quality of games that hit the system. If they arent making money off the system its hard to entice devs and pubs to make great games for it.

quickposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 quickposter
Member since 2010 • 1735 Posts

It dosent need a price drop. People keep demanding it because of vita but sony is taking a huge loss on each unit at that price. They only made it that low because they know its the only way they can possibly compete with the 3DS after the failure that was the psp. The thing is though that in the end that does end up affecting the quality of games that hit the system. If they arent making money off the system its hard to entice devs and pubs to make great games for it.Gen007

That is very true. Quite frankly I can't see the hype behind the Vita. It only has two games that interest me. I really wanted a PSP but was never motivated to get one. When I finally got one I could see why everyone hated it. It simply doesn't have enough on there to keep you interested in it. Literally all the games I want on it are announced for 3DS now. The reason I don't count Soul Calibur is cause it sucked on PSP.

Of course that doesn't mean its a bad system. I'm sure whoever is getting one will have fun. I guess I just don't see the appeal in it.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

release good games namco.. thatpacman/galaga game is awful.

Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 Gamingclone
Member since 2009 • 5224 Posts

I dont really understand his point, but now thanks to the eshop being out and many great games coming, I think the 3DS is finally worth $250. But, it does not need a price drop really, just release Zelda (and it is coming in just a few days) and pokemon and Mario and maybe a new Ip here and there, and the system will sell like hot cakes.

fer-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 fer-
Member since 2010 • 318 Posts
yeah, just get a broader selection of games on the 3DS and the system will sell, get the Zelda's, Mario's, Harvest Moon's, some good JRPGs, etc out and it will take off.