N64 Fans Speek up

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by GroceryShopping (15 posts) -

Who still plays? Been a fan since the 90's...

#2 Posted by Epak_ (6730 posts) -

Used to play it a couple of years ago, sold it for a 3DS. Had Oot, Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Banjo&Kazooie, SM64 and Waverace.

#3 Edited by Pierst179 (10488 posts) -

I used to play Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie pretty much every year.

But I haven't done that in a while. Maybe I should get back to it, the greatness of those two games never fades.

#4 Posted by Incradiator (11 posts) -

Still play Star fox 64 bro.
The one and only

#5 Edited by KBFloYd (12186 posts) -

i play smash 64 online on PC kaillera every once and a while to test my skills...the poeple that play there on the galaxy room are insane...they always beat my ass.

i do much better in mario kart 64...im better than 80% of the people there...but the the top 20% own me like nothing. in both race and battle.

#6 Edited by outworld222 (2107 posts) -

The one and only

Has the game aged well In your opinion??

#7 Posted by wiifan001 (18166 posts) -

Got Diddy Kong Racing a few days ago.

That adventure mode with the silver coin challenges, bosses, and the terrible hovercrafts make it much harder than Mario Kart 64.

#8 Posted by NeonNinja (17318 posts) -

@incradiator said:

The one and only

I'll give you my opinion, hell yeah! Game is timeless.

Still have my N64, but the last game I played was Majora's Mask and that was last year.

#9 Posted by Incradiator (11 posts) -

@outworld222 said:

@incradiator said:

The one and only

I'll give you my opinion, hell yeah! Game is timeless.

Still have my N64, but the last game I played was Majora's Mask and that was last year.

It was the only game I can think of where I could always do some things better. Higher Score!!!
This, of course, was before I discovered speedruns. I don't have the patience for that, plus im not good enough.

#10 Edited by Pierst179 (10488 posts) -

That adventure mode with the silver coin challenges, bosses, and the terrible hovercrafts make it much harder than Mario Kart 64.

That was my first Nintendo 64 game. I still remember how tough it was for me back then to clear all the races. The silver coin races were absolutely insane!!

#11 Posted by thetravman (3505 posts) -

The N64 was my childhood. I was never bored with it until the gamecube. Me and my brother would hang out with the same two friends almost every weekend and we'd play games like Super Smash, Conker's Bad Fur Day, Goldeneye, Mario Parties, Mario Kart, Star Fox, Perfect Dark, Worms Armageddon, 1080, Diddy Kong Racing any others.

#12 Edited by tocool340 (20280 posts) -

Last time I played my N64 was maybe 3 years ago when I felt this certain urge to play Majora Mask (That game still don't feel dated to me). Since then its been packed up in a box along with its controller, games, and accessories...

#13 Posted by thetravman (3505 posts) -

@wiifan001 said:

That was my first Nintendo 64 game. I still remember how tough it was for me back then to clear all the races. The silver coin races were absolutely insane!!

My mind was blown when my friend unlocked TT. I didn't think he was playable. I tried unlocking him afterward but I couldn't do it. Those time challenges were insane.

#14 Posted by widdowson91 (1234 posts) -

I still play all my retro consoles quite regularly. In fact my most played console of the seventh gen was the SNES :P Although it has been quite a while since I played my N64, because I've played most of the games I own already. One game that I'm still to beat though is Jet Force Gemini. I really need to play that one day.

#15 Posted by Megavideogamer (5180 posts) -

I still have my Nintendo 64 and games. I keep my Nintendo's and the games for them.

#16 Posted by Pierst179 (10488 posts) -

I still play all my retro consoles quite regularly. In fact my most played console of the seventh gen was the SNES :P Although it has been quite a while since I played my N64, because I've played most of the games I own already. One game that I'm still to beat though is Jet Force Gemini. I really need to play that one day.

I never beat Jet Force Gemini, and it is probably the only game I own to have that distinction.

Its second half, where you have to rescue all of those little bears is absolutely annoying. However decided rescuing all the bears was mandatory just totally ruined that game for me.

#17 Posted by voljin1987 (621 posts) -

Mario kart 64.. 4 player balloon battle on skyscraper is still the best.

#18 Posted by wiifan001 (18166 posts) -

Commenting my comment from 4 days ago,

some of those silver coin challenges are a B1#@$!!!

#19 Edited by Yagr_Zero (27797 posts) -

Sadly my AV wires (the ones you plug directly into the TV) aren't working for my N64. :(

#20 Edited by wiifan001 (18166 posts) -

Just completed the adventure mode of DK racing.

#21 Posted by Pierst179 (10488 posts) -

Awesome! Did you get all the balloons?

#22 Posted by wiifan001 (18166 posts) -

@wiifan001 said:

Awesome! Did you get all the balloons?

I did get all the balloons :D

#23 Posted by blaaksheep (135 posts) -

Does anyone Own Iggy's reckin balls?. One of my all time favourite multiplayer games. tight controls and incredible level design its also insanely competive, deserves a reboot on 3DS Imo

#24 Edited by Rod90 (7266 posts) -

I play on the VC, not the actual N64 console.

#25 Posted by AvatarMan96 (7321 posts) -

I've actually been getting back into the N64, both playing my childhood favorites as well as the ones I missed.

#26 Posted by DangerRemix (189 posts) -

I still have my 64, and play my fav, wrestling games, like warzone, wcw vs nwo world tour (best), wwf wrestlemania 2000 ect..this was when wrestling games at its peak.