My Wii U classic controller isn't working

#1 Posted by MDK12345 (326 posts) -

I put in Donkey Kong and my controller is not doing anything. I haven't played for a while. Is the battery signal supposed to be red?

#2 Edited by trugs26 (5139 posts) -

Do you mean the Wii U Pro Controller? As far as I'm aware, the Classic Controller was is a Wii peripheral. I'd just like clarification on this before answering the question.

#3 Edited by MDK12345 (326 posts) -

@trugs26 said:

Do you mean the Wii U Pro Controller? As far as I'm aware, the Classic Controller was is a Wii peripheral. I'd just like clarification on this before answering the question.

Yes

#4 Edited by YearoftheSnake5 (6894 posts) -

@mdk12345: A red battery signal means it needs plugged in. Try that. Maybe it doesn't have enough juice to get going.

#5 Edited by Star0 (391 posts) -

A red light means it's become sentient. Kill it before it makes you play hours upon hours of Bible Adventures or something. Trust me, you don't want to do that.

...but yeah, you could always try plugging it in. It sounds like it's low on power.

Or maybe it wants you to think that...

#6 Posted by MDK12345 (326 posts) -

Okay so now I plugged it in and it's all good. But here is my other question. Are you supposed to quit your Wii U manually or do you just press the power button on and off?

#7 Posted by trugs26 (5139 posts) -

@mdk12345 said:

Okay so now I plugged it in and it's all good. But here is my other question. Are you supposed to quit your Wii U manually or do you just press the power button on and off?

Either way is fine.