My Wii Makes Angry Noises

This topic is locked from further discussion.

-ParaNormaN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 -ParaNormaN-
Member since 2013 • 1573 Posts

When I boot the Wii up to play anything, it makes really loud crackling and popping sounds. Is it going to explode in my face? Should I be worried? Lmao.

CrimsonBrute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By CrimsonBrute  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 25603 Posts

Did you feed it after midnight? :S

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

I would definitely be worried by that description. Did the problem start recently? I would call Customer Service immediately.

TTUalumni13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 TTUalumni13
Member since 2013 • 842 Posts

Open it up And see if something got caught in the fan or disc drive? Sounds like something foreign is caught in there

-ParaNormaN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By -ParaNormaN-
Member since 2013 • 1573 Posts

@crimsonbrute said:

Did you feed it after midnight? :S

I may or may not have...

@ANIMEguy10034 said:

I would definitely be worried by that description. Did the problem start recently? I would call Customer Service immediately.

Yeah, I would say about 2-3 weeks ago. I had the Wii on the shelf for a few months to make room for a PS3. I put it back a few weeks ago to play my Wii games. Maybe it's mad that I choice a Sony console to replace it for a while, haha.

@ttualumni13 said:

Open it up And see if something got caught in the fan or disc drive? Sounds like something foreign is caught in there

Hmm... I'll look up some youtube videos and see how to do it.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#6 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

@-paranorman- said:

Hmm... I'll look up some youtube videos and see how to do it.

Be careful when opening the Wii. The screws are crap and will strip easily. Happened to me when I put a new case on mine. I had to drill a couple of them off because they became unusable.

GordanChoong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 GordanChoong
Member since 2014 • 227 Posts

Well mine is still great and only makes messed up humming sounds when spinning the disc like it usually does. Hey, I have a copy of Super Paper Mario for the Wii and it is in great condition with absolutely no scratches, dirt, dust, etc on the disc, manual, or case. Unless you shine it in direct light and count the small dust that gets through the case because of its eco-box design and the big mark I got from dropping it, it's very good. I heard that this is considered mint condition, even though I think otherwise. So if you want it, I'll sell it on Kijiji or Craiglist or something so you can buy it off of me.