My Gamepad Is Ready For Mario Kart 8. Is Yours?

#1 Posted by ZyroXZ2 (70 posts) -

This is actually just a prototype. I've adjusted the draft to have the following:

- slightly decreased brightness

- increased saturation

- slightly increased contrast

- increased resolution

- marginally larger Mario Kart 8 logo

What I'm really thinking about is doing this as a giveaway on my channel. However, I thought it would be wise to get some feedback on it before I do a giveaway for something no one wants, lol! Let me know what you think!

#2 Edited by SolidTy (41520 posts) -

I bought the Wii U at launch (actually own two of them), but I'm not into Mario Kart series after owning the last 7, so to answer, no I'm not ready.

It's not my kind of series. I'm not into racers and Mario Kart was where I tried to draw the line, but it just does nothing for me. I may buy next year for $20 though, if I'm bored and hosting a party that could use the game.

Did you make that product? If so, you seem to have done a neat job.

#3 Posted by Toxic-Seahorse (4077 posts) -

How much did you increase the resolution? Any chance you can take a video to compare old to new?

#4 Posted by TTUalumni13 (451 posts) -

Lol, so basically you're saying you just stuck stickers on it?

#5 Posted by Jaysonguy (37413 posts) -

I appreciate your wanting to do something for the community as a whole but I think you need to reevaluate your direction.

The execution needs a bit of work.

I wouldn't go forward with your idea but I would go forward with ideas, you never know when you're going to hit the mark.

#6 Posted by KBFloYd (12774 posts) -

i don't get the point of this thread?

how do you increase the resolution on the gamepad? its impossible.

#7 Posted by Jaysonguy (37413 posts) -

@KBFloYd said:

i don't get the point of this thread?

how do you increase the resolution on the gamepad? its impossible.

He's talking about the stickers

#8 Edited by ZyroXZ2 (70 posts) -
@Toxic-Seahorse said:

How much did you increase the resolution? Any chance you can take a video to compare old to new?

I increased the base image from 1660x880 to 3800x2000; I don't have the increased resolution ones made yet.

@ttualumni13 said:

Lol, so basically you're saying you just stuck stickers on it?

In lamens terms, yes and no. It's not plural, it's a protective skin that covers the entire face of the Gamepad from its annoyingly fingerprint-friendly, scratch-attracting gloss finish. Obviously, the print is custom made, but the added benefit of protecting that lame surface (okay, gloss looks good for pictures, I'll give them that) has been serving me really well. So yes, yes it's a single massive sticker :D

@Jaysonguy said:

I appreciate your wanting to do something for the community as a whole but I think you need to reevaluate your direction.

The execution needs a bit of work.

I wouldn't go forward with your idea but I would go forward with ideas, you never know when you're going to hit the mark.

I'm not sure you read it, but it's already been enhanced since this prototype. The concept is what I'm getting feedback on, and so far it's been mostly positive from people. Not everyone wants to "decorate" their electronics, and I personally don't like to, either. However, not only is Mario Kart 8 a big deal, but as aforementioned, the protection of the Gamepad is also an equally useful benefit.

@KBFloYd said:

i don't get the point of this thread?

how do you increase the resolution on the gamepad? its impossible.

Haha, no no, the imagery, not the screen!

#9 Posted by TTUalumni13 (451 posts) -

Lol I apologize. I was being a smart ass because I thought you were claiming to have increased the resolution of the gamepad :P

#10 Posted by Jaysonguy (37413 posts) -

@zyroxz2 said:
I'm not sure you read it, but it's already been enhanced since this prototype. The concept is what I'm getting feedback on, and so far it's been mostly positive from people. Not everyone wants to "decorate" their electronics, and I personally don't like to, either. However, not only is Mario Kart 8 a big deal, but as aforementioned, the protection of the Gamepad is also an equally useful benefit.

I'm confused, what is it protecting?

#11 Posted by ZyroXZ2 (70 posts) -

@zyroxz2 said:
I'm not sure you read it, but it's already been enhanced since this prototype. The concept is what I'm getting feedback on, and so far it's been mostly positive from people. Not everyone wants to "decorate" their electronics, and I personally don't like to, either. However, not only is Mario Kart 8 a big deal, but as aforementioned, the protection of the Gamepad is also an equally useful benefit.

I'm confused, what is it protecting?

I literally answered that in the same post you quoted from... lol... Unless you're trolling, in which then I could never satiate your need to qualify your distaste for anything Nintendo, hahaha

#12 Posted by Necrotron (67 posts) -

Love what you did to spruce up the white gamepad.

#13 Edited by TJDMHEM (80 posts) -

mine is ready.