My ds wont hold charge - help!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by lonsomedove (1 posts) -
Hi, My ds lite battery wont hold charge for longer than 4 hours and thats just with the ds turned on - not actual game playing. I have replaced the battery with another one and this doesnt make any difference at all. Does any1 have any ideas what could be the problem? Thanks
#2 Posted by bekki2308 (26 posts) -
cant tell you whats going on but put it on ebay and get a new one is my suggestion :)
#3 Posted by Jdog30 (4512 posts) -
your batterys are too old
#4 Posted by hydralisk86 (8576 posts) -
[QUOTE="lonsomedove"]Hi, My ds lite battery wont hold charge for longer than 4 hours and thats just with the ds turned on - not actual game playing. I have replaced the battery with another one and this doesnt make any difference at all. Does any1 have any ideas what could be the problem? Thanks

If you had your DS lite within a year after of purchasing it, you could get it checked up by nintendo. you could call them and ask what to do.
#5 Posted by dr_doongy (625 posts) -

ive had a problem where my ds wouldn't charge either. turned out that the part of the adaptor that plugs into the ds was a little worn, and so i have to insert it at an angle so that the pins press up properly against each other while holding a charge. if my ds moves even a little while it's charging, the charge will stop and i have to readjust it. it's a little annoying, but that could be another thing too.

it's been over 4 years since i've had my lite, and it still runs over 6-7 hours on a full charge on the original battery.

#6 Posted by ACL0V3R (2273 posts) -

Nintendo says in the intruction manual that the battery will last up to 500 charges and then starts decreasing after that. My DS Phat battery died so I got a DS Lite, that was awhile back. But I think you can buy a new battery online for not too much.

#7 Posted by QWERTYCommander (1643 posts) -
Use it at the lowest light setting.