M-Rated Games on DS is a bad idea

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tekken220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 tekken220
Member since 2008 • 5105 Posts

It's horrible to see a M-Rated game on DS, like GTA Chinatown wars. The DS has a reputation as a kid console, which is why these games shouldn't be on DS.

Discuss.

[UPDATE] I am not an adult cause I'm only 15 and I think it's for children because there are so many games for kids

[YET ANOTHER UPDATE,GREAT] Do you think Pokemon, and any other casual games are for adults?Is GTA, Fallout, Resident Evil and other M-rated games are for kids? 95% of all DS games are for kids, which is why it got a reputation as a kid console. Go get a PSP if you agree.( GTA on PSP doesn't look like the first GTA, unlike the DS version.)

[MORE UPDATES, WTF ] OK, fine. I'll sell my PSP and my PS3. I'll buy a DS and get all those boring kid games. I'll stop playing Tekken, COD, NFS, GTA, Fallout 3 and start playing Pokemon,cartoon games and give them 10/10 I'll even change my name from tekken220 to pikachu220! (sarcasm ends.)

[FINAL UPDATE-SY] I think Wii is for everyone DS isn't

[FINAL UPDATE-SY II] Forget I wrote Super Mario that game is great

-theCHUD-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 -theCHUD-
Member since 2008 • 1648 Posts
god. are you a parent or something? you people have ruined nintendo... im happy to see that nintendo is trying to redeem the hardcore market by bringing on some m rated games like mad world. and some other one i only heard about. im happy ds got a gta game. gta portability = win. what is your problem anyway? you dont have to let your kids play m rated games. and its the ds. it cant be very graphic anyways.
CreepingDeath_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 CreepingDeath_
Member since 2007 • 3342 Posts
Since when was the DS designed for children?
tekken220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 tekken220
there are many games for kids. imagine someone in their 30's playing kid games on the DS
silentmage_245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 silentmage_245
Member since 2008 • 378 Posts
Shut up, DS is not designed for children. It is an entertainment machine designed to for people to have fun. Anybody can play it, not just children. Just tell the children not to buy GTA DS but I'll doubt it.
-theCHUD-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 -theCHUD-
Member since 2008 • 1648 Posts
there are many games for kids. imagine someone in their 30's playing kid games on the DStekken220
i dont understand what kinda point you are trying to make. im 21 and i love my ds, and i play a buncha kids games. im gonna be that 30 year old in the waiting room playing yoshi games on my ds. but hell theres nothing wrong with m rated games either. i say the more the merrier. so ima ask u one more time. WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM WITH THE DS/M RATED GAMES?
Avatar image for Cloud_in_midgar
Cloud_in_midgar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Cloud_in_midgar
Member since 2008 • 489 Posts
Since when was DS for kids? Isnt Nintendo all about games for everyone? That meens there needs to be games for people who like violence as well, nintendo have to cater toward everyone not just you, its liek me coming here and saying why do nintendo allow touch screen games it could give you a sore hand. The answer is because some people want them and some dont, its the consumers choice at the end of the day.
Avatar image for InsultToInjury_
InsultToInjury_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 InsultToInjury_
Member since 2007 • 2219 Posts
The DS is not a child console, yes you can argue it it is more 'child friendly' than say the PSP, but that has always been Nintendos way, easy to use - indistructable to break. I think it needs more M or 15/18 rated games the DS appeals to all and there is numerous games for kids but none for adults who enjoy a wider variety of game play.
klidron02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#9 klidron02
Member since 2008 • 454 Posts
Guess what dude? I'm just as old as you, and I'm playing all those kiddie games. And you know what? I don't care what audience it's aimed at, whether it be a children market, an adult market, or a female market; if the games fun, I'm gonna play it.
Gatcho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#10 Gatcho
Member since 2008 • 51 Posts

I'll sell my PSP and my PS3. I'll buy a DS and get all those boring kid games

not another one ...

let me get this straight ... you do not own a DS because you think the unit is meant for kids ... like you (since you're 15). ok ok so maybe you're already a teen and feel macho for playing "video games" on a Sony branded console.

here are some facts ...

there is a total of 476 Early Childhood all the way up to Teen 13+ and only 39 Mature rated games in ESRB's website on their PSP games list. that makes the PSP approximately 92% kid friendly ... right? but do you see 90+ million DS users spam the boards with stuff like what I just mentioned? no ... you wanna know why? because the DS have too many games on offer, we do not have the time.

... end facts

Happy New Year everyone!

BigBen11111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 BigBen11111
Member since 2003 • 1529 Posts
I disagree, it's about time that the DS expand it's horrizan. But there will be alot of angry GTA fans of seeing other games being made outside of Playstation, for them get a grip, there will be plenty more to come I'm pretty sure.
FILIPINOMAZTER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 FILIPINOMAZTER
Member since 2008 • 1627 Posts
who says ds is for lil kids?? Are u trying to provoke us??
Raiko101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Raiko101
Member since 2005 • 3339 Posts
It's annoying when people confused "DS games for kids" with "DS games suitable for kids". It happens so often and you can tell from such things whether or not you're even talking to some one who is old enough to play mature titles. Not that i'm having a go at you tekken220 or anything. You've already given us your age. It's just there's an typical teenage perception that anything without gory violence is a kiddy game.
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#14 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41525 Posts
Bad idea? Saying M games are a bad idea for any console, is like saying Flight of the Conchords shouldn't be TV-MA, even though the pawn shop owner Dave swears a lot, and they're usually very explicit the way he says them.
Avatar image for deactivated-5967f36c08c33
deactivated-5967f36c08c33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-5967f36c08c33
Member since 2006 • 15614 Posts
I wouldn't mind more M-rated games on the DS.The more varied the DS library is,the better.
lucifer3999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 lucifer3999
Member since 2005 • 2319 Posts
you lost me when you said super mario was a "boring kids game"
johnmatthais

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 johnmatthais
Member since 2007 • 109 Posts
It's annoying when people confused "DS games for kids" with "DS games suitable for kids". It happens so often and you can tell from such things whether or not you're even talking to some one who is old enough to play mature titles. Not that i'm having a go at you tekken220 or anything. You've already given us your age. It's just there's an typical teenage perception that anything without gory violence is a kiddy game.Raiko101
eh, i'm 15 and i still enjoy playing a lot of these "kiddie" games...i even have a go at pokemon yellow every now and then ;D other side of it is, i also played dementium and metroid prime hunters, and the shooter scene on DS, yada yada you know WHY there's a lack of M-rated DS games? because it's so frikkin hard to make the gore that is required of a handheld game to be rated M without it looking stupid sure they did it in Dementium, but did the enemies bleed? No. there was blood EVERYWHERE BUT the enemies dude, go pick up every Final Fantasy game in existence, and then come back and try to say that DS is a kiddie system damn PS3 users oh and, there are a lot of M games out there that don't have blood or gore they have something called a mature storyline that kids wouldn't understand (literally the stroyline, get yer head out teh gutters) yeah, i didn't believe it either but people say that's why
desyple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#18 desyple
Member since 2008 • 1725 Posts
stop crying and deal with it the ds is a game system for everyone not just little kids. is the wii only for kids obviously not. is the 360 only for teens obviously not, is the ps3 only for adults obviously not. expand you horizons and deal with it. games on all systems are as diverse as the consumers taht play them so thats why u see a mature rated game on the ds.
Nanu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#19 Nanu-
Member since 2008 • 873 Posts

And why the **** did you buy a ds? if you think this a handheld just for children why did you even buy it? So bad ....

canary7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 canary7
Member since 2004 • 6277 Posts
The DS is for EVERYONE. Nintendo is for EVERYONE.
Englando_IV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Englando_IV
Member since 2008 • 4334 Posts
What the hell is wrong with you?
Burning-Sludge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Burning-Sludge
Member since 2008 • 4068 Posts

It's horrible to see a M-Rated game on DS, like GTA Chinatown wars. The DS has a reputation as a kid console, which is why these games shouldn't be on DS.

Discuss.

tekken220

tekken220, the Nintendo DS is not a kids console and never will be. I don't know where you got that idea but it wasn't advertised as a kid console. It's true that it has kid friendly games but what console doesn't? If the idea of a M-rated game bothers you, just ignore the the ESRB. But if you are accusing the Nintendo DS of not having any hardcore games, you haven't been looking very hard at all.

xraystar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 xraystar
Member since 2003 • 1150 Posts
@tekken220 ... you sir, are too young to understand what gaming really is. Please, don't insult us DS users by ranting on about pointless rants.
awesompossum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 awesompossum
Member since 2008 • 370 Posts
First off, the DS isn't a console it's a handheld. Second, the DS maybe was destined for children but from the looks of the owners of the DS, it's not. Personally I'm quite pleased that the DS is getting more M rated games. I can't wait to see how GTA: CTW will turn out and M rated games are always alot more fun than E. Lol I'd rather kill some innocent bystander than playing an abundant amount of kiddie games like Imagine: Ice Skater or Petz. They have to add that z to be cool.
ItsEvolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ItsEvolution
Member since 2008 • 2593 Posts
So why can't there be M rated games? Aren't stores supposed to keep those games out of the hands of impressionable 15 year olds like you?
Raiko101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Raiko101
[QUOTE="Raiko101"]It's annoying when people confused "DS games for kids" with "DS games suitable for kids". It happens so often and you can tell from such things whether or not you're even talking to some one who is old enough to play mature titles. Not that i'm having a go at you tekken220 or anything. You've already given us your age. It's just there's an typical teenage perception that anything without gory violence is a kiddy game.johnmatthais
eh, i'm 15 and i still enjoy playing a lot of these "kiddie" games...i even have a go at pokemon yellow every now and then ;D other side of it is, i also played dementium and metroid prime hunters, and the shooter scene on DS, yada yada you know WHY there's a lack of M-rated DS games? because it's so frikkin hard to make the gore that is required of a handheld game to be rated M without it looking stupid sure they did it in Dementium, but did the enemies bleed? No. there was blood EVERYWHERE BUT the enemies dude, go pick up every Final Fantasy game in existence, and then come back and try to say that DS is a kiddie system damn PS3 users oh and, there are a lot of M games out there that don't have blood or gore they have something called a mature storyline that kids wouldn't understand (literally the stroyline, get yer head out teh gutters) yeah, i didn't believe it either but people say that's why

I'm pretty sure you've miss read my post if that whole post of yours was directed at me. I'm not calling any game or console "kiddie", but i'm saying most gamers do. Especially the younger generation of gamer who missed growing up in the 8/16-bit eras, which although had their fair share of violence and gore, would have learnt that such things never meant a game was any good. Personally I couldn't care if the games I played were brightly coloured and involved picking flowers, as long as they were fun. Animal Crossing, for example, is one of my favourite DS games.

Anyways, the lack of possible gore is not the reason behind a lack of M rated titles on the DS. If the Playstation could handle gore, and it hosted the gory Resident Evil series, then the DS can too. I don't know why Dementium would lack gore, but it wouldn't be anything to do with how unreleastic or stupid it looks. The gore in Deadly Silence is blocky sure, but it gets the job done. Again, an older gamer wouldn't be fussed with such things as they've seen far worse. Which again leads me to believe that its the younger gamers with the problem, again buying these games because the other games are to 'kiddie'.

Just to reiterate, i'm not saying this is typical of all young gamers, but a damn lot of them...

WAIW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#28 WAIW
Member since 2008 • 5000 Posts

Your "logic" is based on stereotypes and mass generalizations.

Don't get me wrong, I love M games like God of War, Metal Gear Solid, etc... ButI'm not going to refuse a quality game like Professor Layton or Advance Wars because it's "teh kiddy!!/1!" The fact is, the DS is a gamer's system through and through, regardless of whatever the hell rating ESRB gives the games; and if you refuse a good game because it's rated E, well... You're the self-concious kid here.

And please realize;

Mature rating =/= Mature

kingjazziephiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 kingjazziephiz
Member since 2006 • 2650 Posts

Discuss.

[UPDATE] I am not an adult cause I'm only 15 and I think it's for children because there are so many games for kids

[YET ANOTHER UPDATE,GREAT] Do you think Super Mario, Pokemon, and any other casual games are for adults?Is GTA, Fallout, Resident Evil and other M-rated games are for kids? 95% of all DS games are for kids, which is why it got a reputation as a kid console. Go get a PSP if you agree.( GTA on PSP doesn't look like the first GTA, unlike the DS version.)

[MORE UPDATES, WTF ] OK, fine. I'll sell my PSP and my PS3. I'll buy a DS and get all those boring kid games. I'll stop playing Tekken, COD, NFS, GTA, Fallout 3 and start playing Super Mario, Pokemon,cartoon games and give them 10/10 (sarcasm ends.)

lol...psp...ps3... oh and ur saying nfs is not boring after 10 races..

garathe_den

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 garathe_den
Member since 2008 • 1427 Posts
Uh, you can't just have a console/handheld appealing to one age group...people of all ages can own a dsand personally I would prefer it if they brought out more games that weren't pg and under. It just expands the library of ds games from loads of knock-offs and worthless games that look like they took a day to make, released just to fool kids into thinking they're suited to their interests, to games that actually have some substance and quality.
Burning-Sludge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Burning-Sludge
Member since 2008 • 4068 Posts

[YET ANOTHER UPDATE,GREAT] Do you think Super Mario, Pokemon, and any other casual games are for adults?Is GTA, Fallout, Resident Evil and other M-rated games are for kids? 95% of all DS games are for kids, which is why it got a reputation as a kid console. Go get a PSP if you agree.( GTA on PSP doesn't look like the first GTA, unlike the DS version.)

[MORE UPDATES, WTF ] OK, fine. I'll sell my PSP and my PS3. I'll buy a DS and get all those boring kid games. I'll stop playing Tekken, COD, NFS, GTA, Fallout 3 and start playing Super Mario, Pokemon,cartoon games and give them 10/10 (sarcasm ends.)

tekken220

tekken220, it looks like you are digging you're own grave with that argument so I'll assist you. Adults have been known to play Super Mario and Pokemon. Have you ever heard of smogon.com, it is full of nothing but pokemon playing, hacking, adults. How do you know 95% of DS games are fo kids if you don't seem to know what 50% of them are (at least you haven't proved that you have you do)? At least you know that games make the console but due to your PSP advertisment this whole topic may have to be moved to console wars. If you need games for you're freshly bought DS that aren't too easy for you, you could buy games distributed by Atlus which as you "already know" have a reputation of being really hard. It is easy to find more mature games (not mature rated games) when you look for non-Nintendo titles.

TehReaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 TehReaper
Member since 2006 • 758 Posts
get one before you spit that garbage.
htotheo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 htotheo
Member since 2005 • 2759 Posts
its funny all the games you mentioned are rated mature. This means at your age you aren't really supposed to be playing them. The DS isn't jsut a kids console and by trying to isult people who play it you aren't really making a great case for yourself.
tekken220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 tekken220
[QUOTE="johnmatthais"][QUOTE="Raiko101"] eh, i'm 15 and i still enjoy playing a lot of these "kiddie" games...i even have a go at pokemon yellow every now and then ;D other side of it is, i also played dementium and metroid prime hunters, and the shooter scene on DS, yada yada you know WHY there's a lack of M-rated DS games? because it's so frikkin hard to make the gore that is required of a handheld game to be rated M without it looking stupid sure they did it in Dementium, but did the enemies bleed? No. there was blood EVERYWHERE BUT the enemies dude, go pick up every Final Fantasy game in existence, and then come back and try to say that DS is a kiddie system damn PS3 users oh and, there are a lot of M games out there that don't have blood or gore they have something called a mature storyline that kids wouldn't understand (literally the stroyline, get yer head out teh gutters) yeah,[QUOTE="Raiko101"][QUOTE="johnmatthais"][QUOTE="Raiko101"]It's annoying when people confused "DS games for kids" with "DS games suitable for kids". It happens so often and you can tell from such things whether or not you're even talking to some one who is old enough to play mature titles. Not that i'm having a go at you tekken220 or anything. You've already given us your age. It's just there's an typical teenage perception that anything without gory violence is a kiddy game.Raiko101

I'm pretty sure you've miss read my post if that whole post of yours was directed at me. I'm not calling any game or console "kiddie", but i'm saying most gamers do. Especially the younger generation of gamer who missed growing up in the 8/16-bit eras, which although had their fair share of violence and gore, would have learnt that such things never meant a game was any good. Personally I couldn't care if the games I played were brightly coloured and involved picking flowers, as long as they were fun. Animal Crossing, for example, is one of my favourite DS games.

Anyways, the lack of possible gore is not the reason behind a lack of M rated titles on the DS. If the Playstation could handle gore, and it hosted the gory Resident Evil series, then the DS can too. I don't know why Dementium would lack gore, but it wouldn't be anything to do with how unreleastic or stupid it looks. The gore in Deadly Silence is blocky sure, but it gets the job done. Again, an older gamer wouldn't be fussed with such things as they've seen far worse. Which again leads me to believe that its the younger gamers with the problem, again buying these games because the other games are to 'kiddie'.

Just to reiterate, i'm not saying this is typical of all young gamers, but a damn lot of them...

final fantasy on ds? that's cool for a ds game i played it on my bro''s ds it's fun but final fantasy on psp is way better
tekken220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 tekken220

you lost me when you said super mario was a "boring kids game"lucifer3999
forget i wrote super mario i like that game

tekken220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 tekken220
[QUOTE="tekken220"]

Burning-Sludge

tekken220, it looks like you are digging you're own grave with that argument so I'll assist you. Adults have been known to play Super Mario and Pokemon. Have you ever heard of smogon.com, it is full of nothing but pokemon playing, hacking, adults. How do you know 95% of DS games are fo kids if you don't seem to know what 50% of them are (at least you haven't proved that you have you do)? At least you know that games make the console but due to your PSP advertisment this whole topic may have to be moved to console wars. If you need games for you're freshly bought DS that aren't too easy for you, you could buy games distributed by Atlus which as

[QUOTE="tekken220"]

Burning-Sludge

tekken220, it looks like you are digging you're own grave with that argument so I'll assist you. Adults have been known to play Super Mario and Pokemon. Have you ever heard of smogon.com, it is full of nothing but pokemon playing, hacking, adults. How do you know 95% of DS games are fo kids if you don't seem to know what 50% of them are (at least you haven't proved that you have you do)? At least you know that games make the console but due to your PSP advertisment this whole topic may have to be moved to console wars. If you need games for you're freshly bought DS that aren't too easy for you, you could buy games distributed by Atlus which as you "already know" have a reputation of being really hard. It is easy to find more mature games (not mature rated games) when you look for non-Nintendo titles.

please forget i wrote super mario, i wrote that by accident (pokemon still sucks, thats why i play final fantasy

johnmatthais

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 johnmatthais
[QUOTE="johnmatthais"][QUOTE="Raiko101"]It's annoying when people confused "DS games for kids" with "DS games suitable for kids". It happens so often and you can tell from such things whether or not you're even talking to some one who is old enough to play mature titles. Not that i'm having a go at you tekken220 or anything. You've already given us your age. It's just there's an typical teenage perception that anything without gory violence is a kiddy game.Raiko101

just that first sentence was directed at you ;) the rest was directed at the other dude

i was trying to defend the DS by giving reasons why there aren't that many M-rated games on the DS. It takes a LOT of blood and gore to get rated M these days, and most developers aren't willing to put in that amount into a DS game when they don't really need it.

trying to prove that the OP is pretty wrong in his ideas. that's all

ComboTroop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#39 ComboTroop
Member since 2008 • 197 Posts

OMG! CALM DOWN!! You know they do have that little circle on the box, stating 15 or 18!! Are you some parent! Anyway Nintendo needs more M-Rated Games on their consoles i think, so that the Consoles aren't just boring-only for kids! Anyway im 13 and i play GTA, and i ain't going around killing people now am i? And its people like you who RANT AND RANT on, about these M-rated games, and make them have a bad popularity, and thats why Nintendo don't really get Resident Evil 5 or that! Can't you just give them a CHANCE!!! Please! M-Rated games are cool, and are entertaining, and their are funny! SO STOP BEING JUST A FUSSY, I DON'T LIKE M-RATED GAMES, SO I'LL PERSUDE PEOPLE NOT TO BUY'EM PERSON! PLEASE!

frazzle00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#40 frazzle00
Member since 2004 • 1663 Posts
I have to agree with a lot of the other forum goers here. Your post is pretty silly and presumptuous. Just because you are a child doesn't mean every other DS gamer is. There are plenty of adult DS owners out there (myself included) and we do appreciate M rated titles (provided they are good off course). It's the parent's responsibility to make sure that their children do not get their hands on inappropriate material. If they don't think their kids should be playing GTA, then it is their responsibility to ensure that their kids do not buy the game. It is NOT the responsibility of the government, the games shop and definitely NOT the responsibility of game publishers.
ComboTroop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#41 ComboTroop
Member since 2008 • 197 Posts
I have to agree with a lot of the other forum goers here. Your post is pretty silly and presumptuous. Just because you are a child doesn't mean every other DS gamer is. There are plenty of adult DS owners out there (myself included) and we do appreciate M rated titles (provided they are good off course). It's the parent's responsibility to make sure that their children do not get their hands on inappropriate material. If they don't think their kids should be playing GTA, then it is their responsibility to ensure that their kids do not buy the game. It is NOT the responsibility of the government, the games shop and definitely NOT the responsibility of game publishers. frazzle00
Damn right! My parents say, if you buy that game, and you reinact the game's events its your own problem, not mine, you wanted it, you have it, but remember its nobody's fault but your own, so you will be taking responisablity for your own actions! But anyway, i think Nintendo's M-rated games are going up! =D soon, there will be more non-kiddish games! But some kiddish games are good! But most a tad boring!
FILIPINOMAZTER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 FILIPINOMAZTER
Member since 2008 • 1627 Posts
[QUOTE="frazzle00"]I have to agree with a lot of the other forum goers here. Your post is pretty silly and presumptuous. Just because you are a child doesn't mean every other DS gamer is. There are plenty of adult DS owners out there (myself included) and we do appreciate M rated titles (provided they are good off course). It's the parent's responsibility to make sure that their children do not get their hands on inappropriate material. If they don't think their kids should be playing GTA, then it is their responsibility to ensure that their kids do not buy the game. It is NOT the responsibility of the government, the games shop and definitely NOT the responsibility of game publishers. ComboTroop
Damn right! My parents say, if you buy that game, and you reinact the game's events its your own problem, not mine, you wanted it, you have it, but remember its nobody's fault but your own, so you will be taking responisablity for your own actions! But anyway, i think Nintendo's M-rated games are going up! =D soon, there will be more non-kiddish games! But some kiddish games are good! But most a tad boring!

well said
Raiko101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Raiko101

just that first sentence was directed at you ;) the rest was directed at the other dude

i was trying to defend the DS by giving reasons why there aren't that many M-rated games on the DS. It takes a LOT of blood and gore to get rated M these days, and most developers aren't willing to put in that amount into a DS game when they don't really need it.

trying to prove that the OP is pretty wrong in his ideas. that's all

johnmatthais

Ah I see. Well that's my mis-reading error. I also thought it was Tekken220 that wrote your message lol. Sorry.

You've made yet another good point though. Why alienate an audience with the inclusion of gore? In doing so, you're potentially missing out on sales. I know it's a movie, not a game, but had The Dark Knight included the gore it well could have, so many fewer people would have been able to watch the movie. The same could be applied to the possible gory games being developed.

johnmatthais

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 johnmatthais
yep that's about it right thar
m0zart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#45 m0zart
Member since 2003 • 11580 Posts
Blatant system comparisons and trolling will result in a mininum five-day suspension and possible permanent ban from the forums. Please keep this in mind. Thanks.