Most overrated Pokemon?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by EnoshimaJunko (187 posts) -

Someone started a most underrated Pokémon thread, so it gave me the idea to start one for overrated Pokémon.

So, what Pokémon do you all think are terribly overrated?

#2 Edited by penpusher (3573 posts) -

I'm about to commit pokemon heresy, but Mew. The only thing about it that's cool is the rarity.

#3 Edited by moltenix (2482 posts) -

Dragons!

Good thing we've got those cute little fairies to take care of them now! =P

#4 Edited by nini200 (9291 posts) -

Mewtwo by a mile. He's the altered form and he's worse than and has less abilities than Mew.

#5 Posted by 1oh1nine1 (779 posts) -

@nini200 said:

Mewtwo by a mile. He's the altered form and he's worse than and has less abilities than Mew.

How is Mewtwo worse than Mew? He has 80 higher total base stats! And sure, he has fewer moves than Mew, only because Mew can learn every single TM and HM. Every pokemon learns fewer moves than Mew.

I submit that Blastoise and Charizard are overrated. Give me Vaporeon and Infernape/Volcarona any day.

#6 Posted by Pixel-Perfect (5778 posts) -

Charizard. It's not a terrible design, but it's just a generic dragon thing.

#7 Posted by Pierst179 (10662 posts) -

I am going to say that most of the legendaries are overrated.

They are unquestionably powerful, but they get way too much love. The number of requests for legendaries on GTS right now is absolutely ridiculous and makes trading close to impossible.

#8 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4600 posts) -

Mewtwo. Its mega evolution is completely unnecessary for a pokemon that was already uber and there's practically a Mewtwo in 50% of online battles. What even more frustrating is the fact that those who have Mewtwo and the other legendaries on their team do not know how to use them or are extremely predictable. My Jolteon has had more trouble taking down a Choice Scarf Ditto than a Mega Mewtwo Y.

#9 Posted by voljin1987 (666 posts) -

Srsly guys.. whats with all those suggestions.. the only correct answer is pikachu.. low end crap pokemon paraded around as a god in the anime

#10 Posted by AsadMahdi59 (6540 posts) -

Blaziken- looks stupid with hippy bell bottoms

also side note- anyone else think the starter evolutions from X and Y are horrendous? I haven't really liked the evolved starters for awhile but HOLY SHIP- these one are so bad that once I get X/Y (or Z) I'll just throw it in the pc as soon as I get my Charmander

#11 Posted by trugs26 (5071 posts) -

Hmm.

Surprisingly none. I actually haven't come across a Pokemon that is highly praised that I don't think is worthy of it.

#12 Edited by OreoMilkshake (12718 posts) -

I faced so many Mewtwo's in double battles and they get crippled but my thunder wave. Screw Mewtwo.

#13 Posted by EnoshimaJunko (187 posts) -

also side note- anyone else think the starter evolutions from X and Y are horrendous? I haven't really liked the evolved starters for awhile but HOLY SHIP- these one are so bad that once I get X/Y (or Z) I'll just throw it in the pc as soon as I get my Charmander

I thought that the starters this gen (well not Chespin) were way better than the ones in Black/White. They aren't the best ones, but they aren't bad either. IMO anyway.

#14 Posted by nini200 (9291 posts) -

@AsadMahdi59 said:

I thought that the starters this gen (well not Chespin) were way better than the ones in Black/White. They aren't the best ones, but they aren't bad either. IMO anyway.

Lol chespin is the only starter I actually like this gen

#15 Posted by Jaysonguy (37383 posts) -

Srsly guys.. whats with all those suggestions.. the only correct answer is pikachu.. low end crap pokemon paraded around as a god in the anime

So in other words you don't know how to level him.

#16 Posted by spike6958 (4639 posts) -

Mudkip...

#17 Posted by Pierst179 (10662 posts) -

I just remembered another one.

Given how it is everywhere online, everybody will most likely disagree with me, but the Honedge line is absolutely awful when it comes to design. There, I said it! =P

#18 Posted by Yagr_Zero (27825 posts) -

@nini200 said:

How is Mewtwo worse than Mew? He has 80 higher total base stats! And sure, he has fewer moves than Mew, only because Mew can learn every single TM and HM. Every pokemon learns fewer moves than Mew.

I submit that Blastoise and Charizard are overrated. Give me Vaporeon and Infernape/Volcarona any day.

Bu-but I like Blastoise! :cry:

#19 Posted by Ovirew (6231 posts) -

I don't really 'hate' any Poke'mon, but I always thought Charizard was overrated. I mean, it gets two mega stones for crying out loud - Blastoise and Venusaur only get one!

And Blaziken gets a mega stone, but not Swampert and whatever Sceptile turns into. There seems to be too much bias towards Fire-type starters.

I also remember during gen IV, a lot of people went crazy over Lucario. Why, idk - I mean it wasn't legendary or anything like that. I think it's because they made a movie about Lucario around that time, and then put it in Brawl.

#20 Posted by 93BlackHawk93 (5005 posts) -

Pikachu.