Monster Hunter Tri U. General discussion / Player List !! Lets get hunting !!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#401 Posted by 45dragoons (20 posts) -

[QUOTE="svaubel"]

Ive killed Rathian 5 times now and till no R Plate. Grr. Otherwise I would have the whole armor set!

thetravman

I've hunted and killed Brachydios 16 times and still no gem for armour set. His rage mode is so irritating.

wow I killed him like 20 got 5. let me know if you wana try hunting with me my luck rubs off... believe me every one whos hunted with me gets gems a lot more then I do.
#402 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4734 posts) -

BTW how important is elemental damage to switch axes?BrunoBRS
It's pretty important compared to the hammer and GS. You may not need to worry about elemental advantage if you're using a swaxe with high raw and power phial, but the additional power given from elemental damage can shorten a hunt by a few minutes.

#403 Posted by BrunoBRS (73260 posts) -

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"] BTW how important is elemental damage to switch axes?ANIMEguy10034

It's pretty important compared to the hammer and GS. You may not need to worry about elemental advantage if you're using a swaxe with high raw and power phial, but the additional power given from elemental damage can shorten a hunt by a few minutes.

well, i'll stick to picking elemental advantages then. i'm just trying to think of a way to have bow and switch axe complementing each other when i play by myself, rather than having their functions overlap, and bows depend a lot on elemental damage.
#404 Posted by aroxx_ab (9488 posts) -

[QUOTE="svaubel"]

Ive killed Rathian 5 times now and till no R Plate. Grr. Otherwise I would have the whole armor set!

thetravman

I've hunted and killed Brachydios 16 times and still no gem for armour set. His rage mode is so irritating.

Oh is brach gem rare....i got that one 1st time i killed him, i not collecting his stuff yet tho :oops:

#405 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4734 posts) -

[QUOTE="thetravman"]

[QUOTE="svaubel"]

aroxx_ab

Oh is brach gem rare....i got that one 1st time i killed him, i not collecting his stuff yet tho :oops:

Very rare. 1-2% chance of getting it in carves and quest rewards.

#406 Posted by BrunoBRS (73260 posts) -
HAAAAAAAAAAALP! i decided that i want to make a barioth gunner set and an ice bow. problem is, i can't decide if i should go for the barioth bow (high raw but low elemental) or the ice arko nulo (low raw but high elemental). keep in mind the barioth armor has ice attack up as one of the skills, and that i'm really ever gonna use this bow when ice is the enemy's main weakness.
#407 Posted by Sally600 (8 posts) -
Can't wait to pick up the game on March 19th. Getting it for Wii U.
#408 Posted by thetravman (3519 posts) -

[QUOTE="thetravman"]

[QUOTE="svaubel"]

45dragoons

wow I killed him like 20 got 5. let me know if you wana try hunting with me my luck rubs off... believe me every one whos hunted with me gets gems a lot more then I do.

I don't have the U version yet. Although it would make it alot easier with others. I'm getting sick of fighting him but I'm determined to get that gem. I'm up to 21 now.

And if anyone knows, would I get a better chance in hunting with 3 carves or capturing? I was never sure how capturing worked with rewards. Regarding the gem, is it 2% for the capturing or 2% for each additional reward?

#409 Posted by moltenix (2485 posts) -

Why can't I beat Lagiacrus dammit!

He always kills me once he gets into Rage mode. Almost everytime i've gotten stunned and then he charges me to death.

#410 Posted by BrunoBRS (73260 posts) -

He always kills me once he gets into Rage mode. Almost everytime i've gotten stunned and then he charges me to death.

moltenix
really? save for my first time fighting that plant-uragaan (duranbogos or something like that), i haven't had a battle last more than 30 minutes with anyone, not even the lagiacrus. most end up around 20m. it's worth noting that back in the original tri, i failed to capture the lagiacrus because i ran out of time >.>
#411 Posted by locopatho (20238 posts) -
I played Monster Hunter Tri online on the Wii at a friends. Not sure if it was the online mode or not, but I found the game very sluggish and the controls to be poor. Gamespot and other reviews describe the WiiU version as "more accessable" and the online "much improved". Reckon I should get it on WiiU? Or is it just not for me? (I'm a big fan of action games with silky smooth controls like Bayonneta btw)
#412 Posted by BrunoBRS (73260 posts) -
I played Monster Hunter Tri online on the Wii at a friends. Not sure if it was the online mode or not, but I found the game very sluggish and the controls to be poor. Gamespot and other reviews describe the WiiU version as "more accessable" and the online "much improved". Reckon I should get it on WiiU? Or is it just not for me? (I'm a big fan of action games with silky smooth controls like Bayonneta btw)locopatho
the controls are sluggish, yes, but that's because the game isn't a hack'n'slash. they're like that for a good reason, and it doesn't take much to get used to it. the game is more accessible in that the early fights are much easier, so there's a better learning curve than "fighting small monsters that die in 3 hits" -> "spending an hour fighting a great jaggi"
#413 Posted by locopatho (20238 posts) -
[QUOTE="locopatho"]I played Monster Hunter Tri online on the Wii at a friends. Not sure if it was the online mode or not, but I found the game very sluggish and the controls to be poor. Gamespot and other reviews describe the WiiU version as "more accessable" and the online "much improved". Reckon I should get it on WiiU? Or is it just not for me? (I'm a big fan of action games with silky smooth controls like Bayonneta btw)BrunoBRS
the controls are sluggish, yes, but that's because the game isn't a hack'n'slash. they're like that for a good reason, and it doesn't take much to get used to it. the game is more accessible in that the early fights are much easier, so there's a better learning curve than "fighting small monsters that die in 3 hits" -> "spending an hour fighting a great jaggi"

Thanks for the reply. I could get used to a slower more realistic pace I reckon. Do you know how the online is compared to the Wii version? Any specific improvements, or is it the overall upgrade all WiiU games got (no more friend codes,etc)
#414 Posted by CcJj09 (15268 posts) -

In some ways the online is better and in some ways they made it worse imo.

Its way easier to chat now with the gamepad touch screen or its built in voice chat. Don't remember if Tri's online had a search feature, but its a bit easier to find rooms. Also they have a different online port than the one in Tri (could be good or bad depending on if you liked the old one I guess).

For the bad, I don't remember if it was like this in Tri, but if the room creator leaves then everyone left in the room gets kicked offline (which is annoying). Also in Tri you had the ability to see if people in the room were on a quest by checking out the quest board. Now it doesn't give you any info and you have to ask when you get in a room if they are on one or not (which isn't that troublesome, but still).

Also not soley an online issue but just something with the game in general, but they took away the sub quests :(. They probably did that because there is much more content now with all these new monsters and subspecies, but I still miss em.

#415 Posted by BrunoBRS (73260 posts) -
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="locopatho"]I played Monster Hunter Tri online on the Wii at a friends. Not sure if it was the online mode or not, but I found the game very sluggish and the controls to be poor. Gamespot and other reviews describe the WiiU version as "more accessable" and the online "much improved". Reckon I should get it on WiiU? Or is it just not for me? (I'm a big fan of action games with silky smooth controls like Bayonneta btw)locopatho

Thanks for the reply. I could get used to a slower more realistic pace I reckon. Do you know how the online is compared to the Wii version? Any specific improvements, or is it the overall upgrade all WiiU games got (no more friend codes,etc)

i can't comment on the online, as i'm playing the 3DS version, but lemme go on a bit further on the "sluggishness". it all boils down to compromise. when you attack a monster, you're compromising yourself to that attack. you're saying "this is the right time to do it, and the right position to do it". you have to know the monster and know when and how and for how long you want to attack, and which attacks to use as well. there's weight to your attack, you can't just cancel out of it whenever you feel like, if you attack at the wrong time, you must endure the punish window, much like a fighting game. also much like a fighting game, you can skip the final "frames" of the attack animation by rolling, which is extremely useful to get some quick attacks in and then running out of range. another thing that's important to notice is that you will be slower while holding most weapons, so putting a weapon away isn't just something you do when you want to use an item, or move from area to area. the greatsword is especially slow, GS users put the weapon away as soon as they're done attacking (or they use rolls to move around, instead of walking, but that comes at the cost of stamina).
#416 Posted by locopatho (20238 posts) -
Thanks guys. Yeah I'll add to my "wish list". So far it's Mario and Monster Hunter :P I'll get a WiiU when it gets to 10 games or new Zelda releases, whichever comes first :D
#417 Posted by moltenix (2485 posts) -

[QUOTE="moltenix"]

BrunoBRS

really? save for my first time fighting that plant-uragaan (duranbogos or something like that), i haven't had a battle last more than 30 minutes with anyone, not even the lagiacrus. most end up around 20m. it's worth noting that back in the original tri, i failed to capture the lagiacrus because i ran out of time >.>

Maybe i'm just being too reckless. That tends to happen when you keep dying. :P

Or maybe I should upgrade my armour a bit.

#418 Posted by BrunoBRS (73260 posts) -

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="moltenix"]

moltenix

Maybe i'm just being too reckless. That tends to happen when you keep dying. :P

Or maybe I should upgrade my armour a bit.

i was using a half assed upgrade of a wroggi armor (upgraded at least twice everything, but didn't have enough armor sphere+ to upgrade everything more), and a peco switch axe. take whatever conclusions you want :P i'm just shocked by my difference in performance with the switch axe. i'm not sure if it's monster nerfing or what, but even the rathalos and the barioth went down in less than 20 minutes without any deaths. i got comboed once or twice so far, once against the lagiacrus (took like 3 lightning balls to the face in a row) and once against the rathalos. survived (barely) both times. do you have the food health upgrades already? i always mix bread and milk for the defense buff, and i have 2 stars in each, so +40HP too. the food skills are rarely worth anything, but the bonuses themselves make up for it.
#419 Posted by TheBlackKnight3 (1586 posts) -

I went a pretty good upgrade path for armour: Started with leather>Barroth>Diablos>Pink Rathian>Brachydios. I haven't finished my Brachy set because of gems, but I don't really consider it an upgrade from Pink Rathian, it only has about 20 more defense at the level of armor I am at. My weapons have been lacking, but I just got the Amber Slash Barioth Axe and the Dios Axe, so I should be fine for a while. Two things I've noticed: The innate 50 armor your character has is very useful, and a lot of armors and weapons require materials one HR higher than they should.... like Brachydios armor is rank 4, but it requires Agnaktor+ items, which should be rank 5 (I think).

#420 Posted by BrunoBRS (73260 posts) -
yay for having to pray for low drop items to, you know, drop.
#421 Posted by moltenix (2485 posts) -

Yay, Lagiacrus has been slayed!

Now i've gotta deal with a certain tail spinning maniac...

I was not expecting to be hit by an aerial body slam. :P

#422 Posted by aroxx_ab (9488 posts) -

Wow Zinogre's pathing is very hard to learn. he jumping around all over the place... i only beat him cuz use lots of healing :(

#423 Posted by BrunoBRS (73260 posts) -

Yay, Lagiacrus has been slayed!

Now i've gotta deal with a certain tail spinning maniac...

I was not expecting to be hit by an aerial body slam. :P

moltenix
the plant uragaan? yeah, he's weird.
#424 Posted by moltenix (2485 posts) -

Actually, he kinda reminds me of Barroth. :P

#425 Posted by BrunoBRS (73260 posts) -

Actually, he kinda reminds me of Barroth. :P

moltenix

he's a hybrid. his shape reminds me of ura, his main attack is like ura's chin, but in his ass, and he digs around like barroth. there's supposedly a way to mine his back, but i couldn't pull it off.

but then again, i'm too busy trying to complete my rathalos set so i can make a barioth set more easily so i can make my ice bow so i can kill diablos. stupid 3% drop rate.

#426 Posted by dobzilian (2490 posts) -
Hey Dudes. I'm stuck with no more missions on single player for some reason like Caedus (sp) missions. They arent showing on up.
#427 Posted by BrunoBRS (73260 posts) -
so it turns out i might be better off getting rathian fraulds instead of rathalos :/
#428 Posted by thetravman (3519 posts) -

Hey Dudes. I'm stuck with no more missions on single player for some reason like Caedus (sp) missions. They arent showing on up. dobzilian

Did you finish the village request to make the ancient mask? When you do that, you find the mask behind the waterfall in the farm.

#429 Posted by moltenix (2485 posts) -

Hey Dudes. I'm stuck with no more missions on single player for some reason like Caedus (sp) missions. They arent showing on up. dobzilian

There's a few quests you have to do for the Chief's son that involve making new masks for Cha Cha and his friend.

#430 Posted by svaubel (2458 posts) -

Aye, if you want help with the Village quests look on Monster Hunter wiki. Beware of spoilers though.

I was wondering for the free hunting mode, when can you start to pick between day and night? Once the high rank quests are unlocked?

#431 Posted by BrunoBRS (73260 posts) -
today was a big day for me. finished my rathalos blademaster armor set. started and finished my barioth gunner armor set. made my ice arko nulo. now i just need a charm that either gives evasion, or has a free slot, and i'll be set.
#432 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4734 posts) -

Once the high rank quests are unlocked?svaubel
That's correct.
now i just need a charm that either gives evasion, or has a free slot, and i'll be set.BrunoBRS
If only we could trade charms. I would be happy to give you my Evasion +5 charm. :(

#433 Posted by BrunoBRS (73260 posts) -

[QUOTE="svaubel"] Once the high rank quests are unlocked?ANIMEguy10034

That's correct.
now i just need a charm that either gives evasion, or has a free slot, and i'll be set.BrunoBRS
If only we could trade charms. I would be happy to give you my Evasion +5 charm. :(

does it have a slot? that would allow me to boost my ice attack as well :P but we face several issues, one of which being the game's restriction, the other being that, you know, i don't have a wii u :P
#434 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4734 posts) -

does it have a slot? that would allow me to boost my ice attack as well :P but we face several issues, one of which being the game's restriction, the other being that, you know, i don't have a wii u :PBrunoBRS

No slots, unfortunately. :P

Pfft. Who needs the Wii U version? Everyone knows that the original 3DS version is superior in every way~

loljk I want a Wii U now :(

#435 Posted by jer_1 (7451 posts) -

So I finally bucked under the pressure of not having any good games on wiiu and bought MHU a few days ago. I bagged on the demo for sucking pretty bad, but I do have to say that there is a solid game in here once you have the whole game. It's pretty fun trying to bring down these huge monsters and playing the gear hoarder! So I admit it, it's a pretty darn good game, just a bit crusty around the edges. 

Just killed my first Gobul, such a long battle!

#436 Posted by BrunoBRS (73260 posts) -

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"] does it have a slot? that would allow me to boost my ice attack as well :P but we face several issues, one of which being the game's restriction, the other being that, you know, i don't have a wii u :PANIMEguy10034

No slots, unfortunately. :P

Pfft. Who needs the Wii U version? Everyone knows that the original 3DS version is superior in every way~

loljk I want a Wii U now :(

well, if you drop by, i'd gladly play some local MP sessions with you. international flight tickets are cheap this time of the year, right? :P
#437 Posted by Jaysonguy (37630 posts) -

My review copy will be here today, I was only able to get the Wii U version so I'll have to get the 3DS version myself.

So anyone up to go fight whateveritis?

#438 Posted by dobzilian (2490 posts) -

My review copy will be here today, I was only able to get the Wii U version so I'll have to get the 3DS version myself.

Jaysonguy
You arent a reviewer nor do you have the vocabulary to write out a article. Who would wanna add you to there Nin Network as no one likes you lol. Trolling i suppose is getting desperate aye.
#439 Posted by Jaysonguy (37630 posts) -

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

dobzilian

You arent a reviewer nor do you have the vocabulary to write out a article. Who would wanna add you to there Nin Network as no one likes you lol. Trolling i suppose is getting desperate aye.

Actually I'm a press partner with many companies and I have about 50+ people on my Nintendo network.

So yeah......nice try I guess?

#440 Posted by bonesawisready5 (4696 posts) -

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

dobzilian

I believe he works for Panic Gamer as some other active members on this board do.
#441 Posted by thetravman (3519 posts) -

I'm convinced the last urgent quest in the village is a G rank quest. Suddenly they are pulling heavy hits on me and I.Lagiacrus took forever to die. Guess I'll wait until I finish with G rank when I get the U version. In the meantime, back to Brachydios...

#442 Posted by jer_1 (7451 posts) -

Jaysonguy

I'm totally down to give it a shot. Everytime I try to find an online game I come up empty. Perhaps we could get a game going. I'm still low level mostly.

#443 Posted by Jaysonguy (37630 posts) -

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

jer_1

I'm totally down to give it a shot. Everytime I try to find an online game I come up empty. Perhaps we could get a game going. I'm still low level mostly.

Awesome, let me know what times are good for you, I have to get some reviews finished tonight for tomorrow but overall my schedule is pretty flexible this week.

I'm on the East coast

#444 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4734 posts) -

I'm convinced the last urgent quest in the village is a G rank quest. Suddenly they are pulling heavy hits on me and I.Lagiacrus took forever to die. Guess I'll wait until I finish with G rank when I get the U version. In the meantime, back to Brachydios...

thetravman

What weapon did you use?
I managed to kill it in 10 minutes with the Wyvern Blade "Flame" LS and Attack Up Large. I did end up using most of my potions. Its attacks were absolutely brutal.

#445 Posted by thetravman (3519 posts) -

[QUOTE="thetravman"]

ANIMEguy10034

What weapon did you use?
I managed to kill it in 10 minutes with the Wyvern Blade "Flame" LS and Attack Up Large. I did end up using most of my potions. Its attacks were absolutely brutal.

I had bomb boost so I used slime dual blades and bombs, although I forgot to bring the large barrels to resupply so I managed to use 5 Large+ bombs on him. Still, it took me near 25 mins (it may have taken me less if I could find that dam gem and upgrade my swords). I was especially careful because of his unpredictable shock fields which does harsh damage. Took him down, and noticed Brachydios was doing similiar damage. So I called it quits. Wait until I'm over G rank.

#446 Posted by aroxx_ab (9488 posts) -

[QUOTE="ANIMEguy10034"]

[QUOTE="thetravman"]

thetravman

What weapon did you use?

I had bomb boost so I used slime dual blades and bombs, although I forgot to bring the large barrels to resupply so I managed to use 5 Large+ bombs on him. Still, it took me near 25 mins (it may have taken me less if I could find that dam gem and upgrade my swords). I was especially careful because of his unpredictable shock fields which does harsh damage. Took him down, and noticed Brachydios was doing similiar damage. So I called it quits. Wait until I'm over G rank.

Hehe yeah I.lagi hurt like hell i used deviljho armor with bad thunder resist, i almost used all my healing on him but managed to kill him in 20min. Had lots trouble with Bracah & Rath cuz like no healing left but i just ran around and they hit eachother. After awhile brach killed rath and at that time he was capture rdy so with last trap i completed the quest with 30sec left lol

#448 Posted by svaubel (2458 posts) -

So Im doing the Urgent quest to Repel or Slay Ceadeus, Im working on smacking him as much as I can and when he gets to the end of Area 2 the quest randomly fails.

Umm... what?

Someone help me out here?

#449 Posted by CcJj09 (15268 posts) -

So Im doing the Urgent quest to Repel or Slay Ceadeus, Im working on smacking him as much as I can and when he gets to the end of Area 2 the quest randomly fails.

Umm... what?

svaubel

You have to break his beard before he reaches the end of Area 2. So focus your attacks on the beard.

#450 Posted by aroxx_ab (9488 posts) -

[QUOTE="svaubel"]

Umm... what?

CcJj09

You have to break his beard before he reaches the end of Area 2. So focus your attacks on the beard.

Not sure in Tri version you just needed do enough dmg to him